Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Currently Unnamed Collaboration Story

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:26 am

Chapter 3: Falling Stone
It is by no means a great feat to locate her mother’s tombstone. Like the grave of every other ruler of the Serpentine or Rajis, it has its own small building; a golden roof, tapestries hanging on the white walls inside. A few steps lead to a small area of dirt, encircled by stone tiles. Her grave stands there. It’s illuminated brightly inside with an ever-burning white flame, but the light is cold and provides no comfort for little Caiura Palendai.

She sits down in front of the grave, looking it over. It’s a pretty thing, made out of mainly white with streaks of many other colors, like the swirl of pale tan or the little glimmer of blue. At its top it houses an area of gold with an exquisitely detailed engraving depicting her mother with a Serpentine on the left and a Rajis on the right. Caiura looks below it, reading the engraving.

Rehani Sessine or Ju-Elesi M’kall, the Unified
1786-1997
Our Loving Queen Gave Everything For Us

There are too few words on the tombstone. It should say so many more things; things that Caiura herself has too few words for. It should say that she was kind, that she loved, that she wanted more than anything to be free. It should say that when she laughed the whole world seemed to laugh with her in a beautiful cacophony of sound. It should say that when she smiled her eyes didn’t seem that dark, almost gray, brown; no, no, they were much more than that, they shone with the whole rainbow and their glow could have pierced the darkest night.

It should say that I loved her. Love her. Tears begin to well up from Caiura’s eyes. She didn’t bring flowers. She has no gift to lay where her mother rests. She needs a gift.

Her tears stream down her cheek and onto her hands. Caiura clenches her fist and tries to steel herself, opening her hands to see her tears changed into gem-drops of ice. They are beautiful, scattering the light every which way and shining as brightly as a diamond. Caiura smiles just barely and lays them on her mother’s grave in a flower’s shape. It may not be a happy gift, but she thinks it says enough.

Standing up, she senses the presence before she even turns around. When she turns around, all she sees is a blur of something… something she can’t make out. Feathers? Perhaps it was a Rajis who ran off after seeing her.

Caiura spots Samara sitting down on a large chunk of stone from the fake palace, discussing with a Serpentine she recognizes as Julei, a young advisor and mage in Samara’s service. As stealthily as she can, Caiura dashes up to Samara and grabs her in a hug from behind.

“Gotcha!” she cries in a voice that makes it clear she’s been crying. After a small (and satisfactory) jump from Samara, Caiura tries her best to laugh.

“Menth--! Caiura, you scared me!” Samara immediately notices her sister’s odd voice after her initial reaction and gives her an odd look. Caiura smiles and laughs truthfully now while Julei laughs nervously.

“A--anyway, about the composition of the stone, it seems to be, uh… it looks the same as ours. But our palace was rebuilt not terribly long ago and took its stone from a new quarry, and this appears to be the stone the previous palace was built out of. It’s from the old quarry.”

“So, it’s older than ours?” Caiura butts in.

“Well, yes,” Julei says, slightly annoyed at Caiura’s stating the obvious. “The stone’s been gotten out of a different quarry and the palace certainly seems old and neglected. It only temporarily stood because it seems it was transported and, for a time, its less crumbled state was maintained. It probably would have stood longer if you two hadn’t seated yourself on it.”

Samara chuckles a little, then stops. “It was transported?”

“Certainly seems so,” Julei says, nodding. “And not from Ichidor, not from Lafkia, not from Biraka… it seems to have been transported from, well, exactly where it was standing not too long ago.”

“That doesn’t make any sense,” Samara immediately replies. “How does that even work?”

“It doesn’t. Because it’s already there, the transport doesn’t work, thus no temporary stability that wore out when you sat on it.” Julei scratches his head. “And it wasn’t here before anyway, so that just… I don’t get it.” He sighs. “You should probably ask more experienced mages about it, I bet they could puzzle it out.”

Samara sighs. “Sorry for putting you under pressure. I’ll go consult Decca or someone else. Feel free to do whatever.”

“Actually, maybe you could consult a Rajis?” Julei suggests. “I mean, they’re sensitive to ground in a different way than us, maybe they could figure it out.”

“It felt foreign,” Caiura blurts. “Just that, though.” Julei picks up a shard and tosses it at her. She easily catches it and runs her hands over it, closing her eyes and focusing.

It is old; that is easy to tell. She can feel the age, the time, she can feel everything the stone felt pulsing through it. That’s just the surface, though. Focusing harder, Caiura pushes away the resistance the rock is giving her easily and looks throughout its secrets. Its connections to everything appear in front of her.

The prophetess opens her eyes and gasps.

She can see the connections; glowing veins of light pulsing from everything to… to something. Looking down, she sees white veins coming from her own body, some flowing to the surface and some flowing to the palace.

Caiura barely hears her name being spoken; she is staring in wonder at what she can see. Every tombstone leads back to the city. Samara’s veins lead back to the palace, as do Julei’s. Finally, she looks down at the stone.

Screaming, she drops it and backs away. The veins fade away and her vision blurs momentarily. “Caiura?” Now she hears her name.

“Caiura, are you okay?” Caiura looks up at Samara, then down at the stone. Black veins. Black veins, so dark, so devoid of light… so evil. They’re like the ice. She can feel them, feel them all coming from the stone.

“It’s evil,” Caiura states firmly. “I don’t… everything had white veins. Even Terako’s grave had white veins.” Samara steps back a little at the mention of her wicked uncle. “Everything has white veins. I have white veins. You have white veins.”

“What are you talking about?” Julei is utterly confused.

“I… I saw… our connections to things… you belong in the palace. Samara belongs in the palace. This…” She stares at the stone with contempt. “The… fake palace. It doesn’t belong here.”

“Well, we know that,” Julei snaps impatiently. Samara glares at him.

“No, no. It doesn’t belong anywhere. It doesn’t belong in Eanal. Not in Lafkia, Biraka, Ichidor…” Caiura shudders. “It belongs somewhere entirely different. It doesn’t belong in this… in this universe.

Samara stares, agape, at the stone, then at Caiura. Julei seems even more confused.

“Get other Rajis to confirm it. I don’t want to ever see those veins again.” As Julei picks up the chunk of stone, Caiura shudders again. “Just get it away from me.”

She allows herself to relax as she feels her sister’s arms around her. “Wait!” she calls out to Julei. “Wait--you must be very careful with that stone--Julei!”

“I heard, I heard!” Julei replies.

“No, you don’t understand! They’re going to use it Julei. They’re going to use it to come.”

Julei, baffled, turns around. “What do you mean ‘they’re gonna use it to come?”

“It’s their link. The black veins. There were too many black veins. Black veins of people. Evil people. We have to get rid of it Julei. As soon as possible. Or they’ll come.”

Caiura sounds crazy. But they can tell that she is speaking the truth.

“How do we get rid of it?”

“I don’t know.” Her voice softens. “I don’t know, Julei.”

“What do we do if they come, then?”

“I…” Caiura freezes. Even her sister’s warmth can’t comfort her now. Her breath chokes up in her throat. She can’t speak.

If they came…

They couldn’t come.

She wouldn’t let them come.

Under no circumstances would they ever be allowed to come.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:00 am

tHIS WAS A COOL IDEA GUYS

*nudges fuse*

*nudges max*

*pushes fuse and max*

*shoves fuse and max*

*punches fuse and max*

*punches fuse and max in the face*

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 am

*gets a nosebleed and cries*

Elder, y u do dis? I function better with gentle persuasion!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am

I AM CALLING THE POLICE THIS IS ABUSE

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm

You know, I'll be honest. It's kinda funny this got pushed back up since last night I was thinking "You know what if everyone works on Xia Dark at once through something like Google Drive if that supports multi-user live editing"

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 pm

it does.

i believe.

i havent used it in a while sO if im wrong then what changed, google. what happened to you

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum