Recognition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recognition

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Recognition is a story I am still writing right now... mainly by myself, because Moonlight Luna (on AQW) is rather busy with stuff...
Anyway, this story is told in first person. The 'name' of the chapter denotes who's narrating the chapter. (Also known as 'I can't write chapter names so here's my cheap excuse.)

A little backstory:

Alleah's world is a world named Lafkia; more accurately, it is a nation, like in the Magic Roleplay (I tend to write in this world because I've already set up everything that it contains and stuff.) She lives in a small town, not too far from a major city, called Dragonsberth. This may be of importance in later times. Enagri is the only known drakon in Lafkia, he was resurrected from the dead and is immortal. Not all drakons are immortal.
Some of the following characters are not in the story yet:
Violet Grace is goddess of Clouds.
Sakaya is goddess of Runes.
Her brother Harvlik is god of Death and Revenge.
Mysteria is goddess of Fire.
Luna is Queen of Lafkia.
Midna 'Midnight' is leader of a sort of council negotiating with dragons.

First chapter!

Chapter 1: Alleah
I sighed and stretched out on top of the hill where the sun shone bright, the rays undisturbed by any clouds. It was my free time, the only free time I had on Saturdays during store hours. I could tell that the awesome silent peace was about to end, because I heard a sound that was definitely not coming from Enagri.
“Alleah! It’s rush hour, and what do you think you’re doing wasting your time out there!?” Auntie yelled. She wasn’t really my aunt, but she said that a lady in a black cloak had dropped me off on the doorstep. Auntie’s brother had seen her do so, and they had adopted me into the family.
Anyways, it was rush hour at the little magic shop that we owned. Enagri, my drakon, had been left on the doorstep with me, and had been found crowding over me, as if he were protecting me. He had never left my side, even when I needed to use the potty, which was really super embarrassing. Even if you tried to separate us, you’d never get away with it. We only left each other for personal needs, or when he knew I was safe. Enagri was my best friend, and I was SO happy that he was immortal and capable of talking.
When I got back to the shop, Zervak, my ‘cousin,’ was waiting. He was busy making calls at the counter. People are so lazy. Why can’t they just walk over to the store, anyways? Auntie was also waiting. “Alleah! What took you so long! You lazy girl.”
I would’ve replied with a snarky retort had Enagri not grunted and growled, so low I could barely hear it. Auntie did, however, and her face paled. “Lose the ‘tude, Enagri. Anyways, there’s a big pile of items that need to be delivered. Hurry up and change, and I’ll get Enagri ready.”
I raced upstairs, where I changed into my tunic with the family crest on it, a pegasus with a wand in the background, as well as three stars emitting from it. I never understood it, but whatever. It was just my outfit and uniform.
When I got back down, I took the clipboard with the list of names of buyers, and I checked to see if Auntie had adjusted all the straps on Enagri right. He hated it when they weren’t, because they got itchy, and I hated it when I had to dismount and itch it for him. If you took a look at him, he looked quite handsome in his uniform, a big cloth draped over his back with the crest on it. He looked dignified, in my opinion, but there was always the occasional customer whose jaw dropped at the sight. Of course, that is, if they didn’t run off screaming. Most of the time, anyways.
The bags were attached to the cloth, and they held all the goods that those pathetic, lazy idiots had ordered and expected to be delivered in 10 seconds within ordering them. Ugh. (Not that Enagri couldn’t get there in 10 seconds.)
I got into the leather saddle, and told Auntie that I’d be back before dinner. I waved to Zervak, who was in the middle of a phone call and waved while mouthing See ya later. I liked Zervak. He was a nice guy.
Enagri grunted. “Who to first?” he asked bluntly. I glanced at the list of names and read them out.
*~*~*~*
At the third stop, we landed on a cliff. Actually, the house was situated on a cloud, somehow anchored to the cliff edge by means unknown. Though I was slightly afraid of falling through the cloud, I gulped and knocked on the door.
“This is the Pegasus Magic delivery service!” I called out in a somewhat cheerful voice. Someone opened the door slowly. I found myself face-to-face with a woman who appeared to be about twenty.
“Ah, yes! I’m Violet Grace, thank you very much, Alleah—it is Alleah, right?” She shook my hand warmly.
“Yes, it is Alleah. Sorry, ma’am, but it says here Violet Grace is one hundred sixty-six years old, and, well, you don’t look one hundred sixty-six, ma’am.”
She laughed delicately, though for a moment after I’d stopped talking, she’d paled slightly. “Why thank you, I moisturize often. I just hate wrinkles. Ugh.” I still wasn’t convinced.
“But... even if you moisturized often, that wouldn’t keep you looking twenty, ma’am.”
“Oh, didn’t your list mention that I’m one half wind nymph?” Her voice was still delicate and melodic. That shook me.
“Uhh... no ma’am, it didn’t. Sorry ma’am.” I reached into the bag of items and pulled out the mysterious object, dispelling the faint memories that I almost grasped.
Enagri previously hadn’t been paying attention when he turned, looking surprised. “Really? Violet Grace? Long time no see!” He eagerly walked forward, a grin plastered over his face.
“Enagri! Ah, you don’t see a drakon often, I thought that you were big for a dragon... ah, well, apparently our destinies are entwined together for now, because of this little lady!” Enagri grinned. I must’ve looked pretty stupid at that moment.
“We’d better be going now, things to deliver and all, right?” Enagri paused for a moment before grinning again. I could’ve sworn I saw a fleeting shadow pass overhead.
“Oh, don’t go yet! Please, please come in!” Violet slightly begged.
“I’m sorry, ma’am, but Auntie will get crabby if I’m not done with deliveries by supper time.”
“Oh.” Violet nodded. “Then you’d better hurry up! Also, ask Elda if you can come for tea some time.”
I climbed back on Enagri’s leather saddle. “Will do, ma’am.”
“Oh, and Alleah? Call me Violet. ‘Ma’am’ makes me sound... old.” She grinned again. Jeez, what’s with all this grinning!? Enagri tipped his head respectfully and took off.
I was excited but a little confused. Violet Grace seemed so familiar somehow... so very familiar.... “How did you know my name is Alleah?” I didn’t recall introducing myself.
Violet smiled mischievously. “I know a lot about you, Alleah. More than you know.” I never realized what she said until much later.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Recognition

Post by you're not my supervisor on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Ooh! If you can figure out the tags and everything, you gonna put this on Quibblo?

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:18 am

Yeah, I will. /if is a keyword

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Chapter 2: Violet
I was quite surprised when I recognized the girl’s face. Fourteen, now, by my reckoning. Could this really be Alleah, the little bundle of joy that Sakaya and I had cared for before Ghost had told her what was going to happen? Apparently it was, because the girl had Enagri with her, still ever the protector and gentle-drakon. He had been such a prime choice to stay with Alleah, and now we all missed him. Gawain had been our first choice, but Enagri volunteered.
Ah yes. Who could’ve known that Sakaya would put her on the doorstep of one of the best buy-and-deliver services? Well, I guess it was all good. I should’ve noticed Sakaya on Sir Gawain overhead.... Alleah seemed polite. I hoped she didn’t get the misbehaving gene from her mother.
Speak of the devil. Sakaya knocked on the door. “Violet? You there?”
“Yes, be there in a minute.” I wrapped a shawl around my shoulders and went to get the door.
The minute I opened it, Sakaya hugged me so tightly that I couldn’t breathe. I hate it when she does that.
“Was that who I think it was?!” she exclaimed. She looked so young, like an eighteen-year-old. Eighteen. Hah. Looks can be quite deceiving....
“Sakaya, calm down! And please, next time you want to visit, contact me first so I can use clouds if you’re riding Sir Gawain.”
“Hey!” Sir Gawain snorted angrily, annoyed by my tone.
“Well excu-use me, but I have a reputation around here! It’s not like I go around flying in a cloud in town!”
“Well, you’ve got the house with and for the job.”
“Shut up, Sakaya. And yes, that was Alleah. But remember what Ghost said! Contain yourself, or else—” Sakaya glared at me. “...bad things will happen.”
There was an awkward pause, so I changed the subject. “How’s Alan?”
“Well, he’s also Al’Ryouk, but whatever. He’s doing good taking care of Kadir.” Sakaya smiled at the thought of her infant son now. “The little tyke’s doing great! He just started making fires out of thin air!”
“Right, and I suppose when you bring him on a field trip to Eanal, the Rajis will be running away from him.” I rolled my eyes.
“Oh shuddup!” Sakaya chided me. “Even though they’re creatures of ice, they’re affected by the ground of their enemies, the Serpentine, only! ‘Sides, they’re being pretty peaceful under Samara and Caiura’s joint rule.”
I shrugged. “Whatever. What brings you here?”
“MY-DAUGHTER-OF-COURSE! How is she?” Sakaya was being a frantic mother right now. “You have to make sure that she’s safe! Even with Enagri, Aidonius is still very dangerous!”
“Don’t shout! Larena is sleeping!” This I said in a harsh whisper.
“Hmph, and you blame me for being a frantic mother....” Sakaya smiled again. “Anyways, how is my daughter?”
“She is healthy and well. She is already as beautiful as Ghost said she would be. She works for Pegasus Magic now, but please promise me that you won’t go asking her to deliver things?”
“I’m not such a fool as that, Violet. Even now you still think that I’m going to go and stir things up...” Sakaya sighed and rolled her eyes.
“Well, you always used to!” I protested. “And I’m pretty sure that hasn’t changed in the last seventy-eight or so years!”
Sakaya broke down laughing. “You seriously remembered how many years it was?”
“Yes.” There were light footsteps in the hallway, but Sakaya didn’t seem to notice until Larena walked in.
“Mom, what’s going on in here?”
Sakaya giggled and laughed at a thought. “Larena, you seem to have inherited your mother’s habit of walking softly and oh-so-very lightly.”
“Who..uhh... are you?” Larena looked embarrassed.
“Larena, this is Sakaya, my best friend, and uh, your godmother.” I gulped, as I’d never told Larena about this before.
“I don’t know my own godmother?” Larena’s eyes widened. “Mo-om!”
Sakaya laughed again. “Yes, Larena, I’ve known you since you were a little baby! How old are you now? Sixteen? or was it fifteen?”
“Fifteen.” Larena gave me a ‘mom-you-are-not-serious’ look. “What were you talking about?”
“Oh, nothing much. Just getting up-to-date on the outside news.” Sakaya got up and gave me another bear hug. “Nice to see you two. I’ll see you again soon!” She gave me a look that said ‘Real soon.’
I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, see ya later Sakaya.”
Larena stared at Sakaya for a little as she mounted Gawain and took off. “You never told me about my own godmother?”
Sighing, I turned to face Larena. “We have a complicated history.”

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

EzilyBored wrote:(Also known as 'I can't write chapter names so here's my cheap excuse.)
I quit writing chapter names altogether. Lol

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 pm

PFft. Also, I think your signature is borkded

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 pm

I know it was brokeded

Fixed now

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm

:3 Okay.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 am

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Art for title:

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonDancer on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:52 pm

That's really good!!
MoonDancer
Rank 3 Poster
Rank 3 Poster

Currently playing : I dont usually play video games......

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks. Smile

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtsyLizzard on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:06 pm

WOW! please write more stories!!!!! Shocked
ArtsyLizzard
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 am

Chapter 3: Enagri
There were two more stops after Violet, so we managed to get home pretty quickly. It was lucky that Alleah and I managed to get out of there before Sakaya arrived. Now I wondered whether Alleah was immortal like her uncle and mother. Seriously, Enagri? Only now? I thought, mentally slapping myself. If I had actually done it, I would possibly have sent Alleah flying, which was something that would get me toasted.
...Even though it would be a good way to test if she was immortal. It would be better, though, if I knew she was immortal but she didn't.
"Enagri! Down!"
I started. I'd been so lost in thought I didn't realize we were over the Pegasus Magic store. Alleah didn't seem surprised, so I circled gently downward. The sun was just beginning to tinge the horizon brilliant flecks of orange and purple. It was a brilliant sight.
The light played off of Alleah's face, illuminating her features. I don't know why her hair was blond (with the slightest curl), shimmering as if it were precious gold, or why her eyes were a beautiful brown flecked with the same gold. But she did have the same facial features of her mother. Her nose was slightly angular, not really protruding awkwardly from her face. Her eyebrows were thin, delicate arches, obviously blond as her hair was. Her eyes were slightly small, also like her mother's. It comforted me to be so reminded of Sakaya, but have someone I knew closely so different at the same time. I was often required to be so far away from Sakaya, as willed by Sakaya herself.
It was no time to reminisce, as Auntie bellowed loudly, "Alleah! It's almost time for dinner!" Auntie, or rather Elda, or Auntie Elda... well, duh. She was a plump woman, her eyes small and with wrinkles as she squinted often. Elda constantly wore her hair in a bun sticking up at roughly a forty-five degree angle from her head. Her hair was brown and her eyes a lighter shade of the color. As for her personality, well, she was pompous, strict, and rather vain, refusing to buy glasses though her vision was failing, but still dying her hair to hide the streaks of grey that occasionally appeared.
Zervak was a nice young lad, seventeen or so, intelligent, curious, but able to control himself and find ways to ease his boredom, stuck answering phone calls, packaging items, sorting, buying, etc., as Elda nagged him about small, tiny things that he would've gotten around to anyway. He was very nice to Alleah, helping her with homework and satisfying her own curiosity. Sometimes they would figure things out together. He had brown hair like his mother, Elda, and intelligent grey eyes, inherited from his deceased father, Callan. He was tall and slim, but still strong, and with an easy smile.
Those were the two we mainly encountered during work. The only other, Alleah's 'uncle,' Caramin, was the boss of the whole store. He was a gruff man, hair streaked with grey, too greedy with his own money to bother getting dye or anything. He didn't care about his employees, and often went on business trips for merchandise and deals and such that were tricky. One of his oft-said sayings was, 'No money, no dignity.' Caramin had brown eyes like his sister. He only bothered buying glasses, which he did not often wear anyway, as Elda usually took care of the paperwork for him. Caramin spent most of the day upstairs in his office 'doing business' but, I suspected, napping.
Then there was Alleah and I. Our jobs were simply to deliver items, and occasionally run letters or the like. I cannot give a firm evaluation of myself without flattery, so I shall simply describe my appearance.
I was two hundred six years old, and immortal, actually, due to being turned back to flesh and blood as a favor from Aidonius. Most of my body is green, that is, most of the time, for that is my favorite color, though I can turn other colors at will, but my spikes, wings, horns, and belly are usually yellow (I can change that as well). My eyes, which I am unable to change, are also a yellow, though Sakaya and Alleah often assured me that they were more like gold. This is contemporary because they are permanent.
Enough about the 'family'. I mean, that was basically a space filler. Seriously.
Alleah quickly jumped off of my back. She patted me on the neck, polished my spikes a bit with her sleeve, and went inside to talk with Elda. I, however, was not required to stay in the stables, thank goodness. Plus, I smell much better than the horses. I went hunting in the nearby woods. Hopefully I could catch a deer or something.
First, however, I needed to visit Violet. Just as the thought crossed my mind, there was a flapping sound overhead. I looked up, but there was nothing there. I spread open my wings and took off. Halfway to the flying house, I found myself being followed by a dark shape. I slowed down a tad bit, and quickly opened my mouth, ready to breath fire.
"Halt, dude. Like seriously!" Hey, I knew that voice!
"Dude, Gawain!" I grinned, my fangs exposed. "Oh, and Sakaya, we're so not done talking about this."
"Of course we're not. Violet did not provide enough info. First I need to know if her guardians are kind."
"Don't worry, she's fine. And stop stalking people, 'kay? It's extremely frightening. So now, I need to eat some food, preferably deer, or else I'm gonna throw a tantrum." Sakaya threw back her head and laughed. I simply turned around, and when I looked back only a few seconds later she was gone.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum