Nuzlocke Challenge: Sapphire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nuzlocke Challenge: Sapphire

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 am

So because Dragon decided to do a Red LP, I was considering doing one of Sapphire... but >.>...
I'm going to do a Nuzlocke (http://www.nuzlocke.com/challenge.php) I guess? It makes me happy so I guess that's what I'll do.
Yeah.
...story because I'm a lazy person maybe comics occasionally?
(13+ section for safety. I dunno *shrug* I'll probably end up using 'hell' somewhere in here (and I did.). More fanfiction-y than relevant to storyline. As relevant as required to be like me playing the game.)
Also as an addition to the rules if none of my Pokemon can learn an HM I'll catch an HM slave.
And no duplicate Pokemon. >.> So if first encounter is one I already have, on to the second.
I'M TOO LAZY FOR A TITLE *FLOWERS IN THE AIR*

MORE FANFICTION-Y THAN RELEVANT TO STORYLINE THIS IS IMPORTANT GAIZ

Sakaya (I'm too lazy to think of another name >.>) woke up. The moment she woke up, she had a sort of annoying happy feeling, the feeling that just clings to you and says 'Hey! Be happy! Up and at 'em! You can take the world on!' That was not the feeling she had ever had any day before, and she really couldn't say she wanted it ever again.

As the second youngest (ahaahah I have an imaginary younger brother) of four, she found little to be happy about. She felt more like the middle of three, and the only one who could really do anything. Her brother, Brendan (not my actual brother's name, but it's the name of your set rival if you're a girl *hint hint*) had a promising start, though it was probably not very legal--in fact, he'd collected all eight badges--but suddenly grew despondent upon Floki's catching up to him, and in fact surpassing (btw, in my sister's Ruby, that's her name. That's why I use that.) Little Teddy (idunnolol) was a whole three years younger than her.

And today, today was an amazing day. She'd signed it on her calendar as 'Treecko Day' because she knew that was the Pokemon she would get. Grass, Fire, Water--she knew no one in her family was Grass-type inclined. Teddy would no doubt choose a Mudkip. Floki got Torchic, and Sakaya was certain Brendan would've gotten one as well if he had waited just another month. She wasn't sure what her father was inclined toward, he'd been gone for so long she'd forgotten. Probably idiot-type though, chasing after a legendary Pokemon, Groudon no less. Mother... wasn't a Grass, Fire, or Water-type person at all.

In any case, after cleaning up, changing, and doing all that other stupid stuff, she walked downstairs. Ignoring her mother's cautionary and advisory remarks, she walked out the door, muttering to herself, "Hey, I get out of this hellhole." (THERE I USED IT)

Looking back and forth, she decided that she might as well just go all around. Sakaya wasn't one for going into houses, so she skirted around the small town she lived in, only to hear a cry of help.

Now that's definitely not supposed to happen today, she thought to herself. (Hey look, some actual plotline!) She changed into a brisk jog from her relaxed stroll and found Professor Birch, being chased by a Poochyena.

"Uh..."

"Don't just stand there! There are Pokeballs in my bag!"

Ignoring the dirty joke that was practically glaring at her (thanks, friend!) Sakaya stooped down and rummaged in the bag, before picking out a random ball, which she hoped was...

Treecko. Hey, lucky pick then.

Given that it still seemed relatively weak, she had no clue what attack Treecko had. "Uh... Pound!" she guessed, which was apparently correct, seeing as there was an immediate reaction.

The first battle was mind-numbingly repetitive, as one might expect. Shouting 'Pound' over and over and being slightly annoyed at Growl was just about it.

Afterwards, she was thoroughly annoyed with how Professor Birch was troubled by such a damn weak Pokemon. It'd gone down in three Pounds, and they were pretty weak at that. But she'd gotten a Treecko out of the bargain, so she guessed it was okay.

Professor Birch brushed himself off and shook Sakaya's hand. There was the general gratitude crap, but in the end she just ended up going to his lab and talking. Talking was annoying, but less annoying when it wasn't one-sided telling Pokemon what to do.

In any case, she was heading up Route 101 without any Pokeballs, then through Oldale Town, then up Route 103 which was a dead end but--what was her brother doing there?

He immediately used inappropriate words upon seeing her. Predictable.

"The hell are you doing here?" Sakaya retorted.

"Messing around."

"...Uhuh."

"Hey, so Professor Tree gave you a Pokemon. What is it?"

Sakaya shrugged and decided that showing him her Treecko would do no harm.

"Pfft. Grass? Dude, you shoulda gotten a Torchic. I got a new Torchic, by the way. Floki gave me an egg over the PC." With that, Sakaya stared at him.

"Uh, we haven't heard from Floki for a year. When was this exactly?"

"Well, it just hatched a few weeks ago, and I wasn't bothered to stop by your house."

"Real polite. Well, seeing as you hate Grass-types so much, how about we see whether I can best you?"

"Sure thing, little sis."

Gann, as Sakaya had named her Treecko, had just learned Absorb--but it would be a useless attack against a Torchic. So it went similar to her first battle with the Poochyena--Pound. And Pound. Hey, look, Pound.

But Gann seemed to be getting stronger, so it was good. Brendan looked down at his Torchic with an annoyed look on his face.

"It was just egg-hatched!"

"Well, you accepted!"

"You put the prospect forward!"

"Look, let's just head back home, okay? You can heal your Torchic there."

"Fine. Actually, little sis, that was good." Brendan returned his Torchic to a Pokeball.

"Uh, I called out Pound five times."

"...well, anyway, see you at home."

"HEY! WAIT! YOU--"

~~~~~

"BRENDAN!" Sakaya burst through the door to find Brendan sitting down at the table.

"Hey, Sakaya. Look, since you did so well, I think you're fit to get started. Here, uh.... have this."

Brendan gave Sakaya five Pokeballs, which she stuffed in her bag, still looking at him angrily. "So what about you?" she hissed.

"I gave up."

"You could've found Floki and Dad."

"No, you can."

"Coward. Fine then, I'll see you." Sakaya burst through the door after lacing up her shoes, grabbing the bag of food her mom had given her. Outside, she fumed to herself. In any case, with the Pokedex she'd also been given, she might as well go and do something--hey, look, a damn Zigzagoon.

As the rules stated, a few more Pounds later, she had a Zigzagoon, named Zae, for your information.

And her brother was a damn lazy bastard.

Last edited by EzilyBored on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Nuzlocke Challenge: Sapphire

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 am

Seriously... Seriously... A Sapphire nuzlocke... After my girlfriend starts a Ruby nuzlocke... Why... Just why...

Chiller, thriller, vampire killer
Chiller, thriller, vampire killer

Currently playing : LiFe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm

/deal with it
Cool

also we want to kill you

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Part 2 of ???

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 pm

And then I caught a Poochyena (Jo) and a Lotad (Marron).
My brain is dead.
The end.
(I'll probably just account pokemon caught and write when I really feel like it. >.>)
WHY DOES MARRON ONLY KNOW ASTONISH AND GROWWWLW
sahdkjhkjf1

Nevermind unlazied.

Sakaya came back up to Route 103 and sat down to feed Gann and Zae some Pokemon food. As she rubbed their heads affectionately, something nudged her from behind. Quickly, Sakaya turned around and found a Poochyena, who nicked a piece of food.

Annoyed, Zae quickly used a Tackle on the Poochyena. In response, it just shook it off and Tackled back. Sakaya, dumbfounded, watched them for a moment, then finally called Zae off and threw a Pokeball at the Poochyena.

It caught. Whoopee. She took it out to look at it.

"What's your name then?"

The Poochyena merely bared its teeth.

"...Jo."

It seemed not to mind it too much, so that worked. Sakaya returned Zae and Gann into their Pokeballs and ran along with Jo. To the left of Oldale Town was a new route, and Sakaya was fairly confident that her luck would hold out and she could catch a new member of her team.

Her luck. She found a Lotad.

Astonish was... well... disappointing. But rules were rules, so after just a few Tackles, when the Lotad called out its name extremely depressingly, she threw a Pokeball.

It was an easy catch. Three rocks, then it was all done.

"Marron. Meaning leaf."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum