AQW Saivel's Backstory

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AQW Saivel's Backstory

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 pm

bored yo
In any case, I'll probably put this up on the official AE Forums later as abcghimno (just in case you've somehow arrived here from there). Only the first part will probably be located here. Since last time I went over Saivel's backstory it was... stupid, I decided I'd redo it.

There were feathers and mana potions and alchemy ingredients scattered everywhere. The little girl fluttered up using her wings to look around, but couldn't see anything else.

"Mo-om, I can't find it!"

Her mother walked in the room herself, raising an eyebrow at the mess. "When did it get this disorganized?... I'm sorry, Saivel, you can go outside and play with Caraxa and Silvia."

"Caraxa's studying with Dad and Silvia's no fun."

"Saivel, don't say that about your sister."

The little girl was about to reply, but at her mother's stern look she lost her fight and gently glided down. Saivel stomped outside and slammed the door just to emphasize her anger. Silvia was no fun though. She refused to play Balance on the bridge because it was 'too dangerous', and whenever Saivel wanted to play by herself, she'd always threaten to tell Mommy.

Saivel sighed and decided to go to her room instead. She jumped up to her bed and kicked her feet back and forth. Caraxa wouldn't finish studying for another five minutes, and that was far too long.

She sighed and flopped on the bed with her stomach, her face squashed against the fluffy blanket.

"Uuuuuuuh...." The little girl made a monotone sound, not really expecting it to ease her boredom. Finally, she decided she'd try some magic. Mommy and Daddy always told her only to do it while studying, but they were stupid.

Saivel blinked. No, they weren't stupid. They were... A child's vocabulary couldn't produce the word she was looking for. She pouted at no one in particular and then held her hand out, a fair distance from her face.

"Come on, come on..." In the palm of her hand, a small spark jumped. Saivel brought her head up in excitement, and the fireball finally fleshed itself out. It produced a sort of distant heat; not physical but magical in a strange manner. Suddenly Saivel's boredom seemed very far away.

People never tire of watching fire, but another quality made Saivel's fire unique. It was the deepest purple you'd ever see. Interestingly enough, Saivel's eyes were the exact same color.

*~*~*~*

Saivel was vaguely aware of Caraxa shaking her awake. She blinked a few times and then opened her eyes fully.

"Saivel! Wake up! We can play Balance now!"

"Caraxa, I'm awa-ke," she replied groggily, a bit annoyed at her rude awakening, but pleased her sister could play now.

Saivel got up, using her hands to push the rest of her body into a sitting position. She looked down at her hand and strangely noticed a purple crystal there. Excited at this find, which was also quite shiny, she showed it to Caraxa. "Look!"

Caraxa was automatically in awe of the small stone. She took it from her sister's hand gingerly and smiled. "It's rea-lly pretty! Where'd you find it?"

"I don't know. Let's go play Balance!"

"Sure!"

The two twins sped off, flying as quickly as they could, while the third in their triplet walked up the stairs to study with her father.

"Caraxa! Saivel! Be careful!" Silvia called, but the two didn't hear her. Even if they had, they wouldn't have cared.

The moment Saivel and Caraxa reached the stairwell, they had to stop flying (they'd been getting tired, though neither of them would admit it). As they walked downwards, they playfully poked and teased each other. In the end, they did play Balance on the bridge. It was a good game, and they agreed that they tied. By the time they decided going home would be a good idea, it was already quite dark.

Caraxa let out a jumble of sound to show her displeasure, but Saivel had an idea. She began to spark a fireball in her hand, which easily grew into a full one. While she'd been working on this, Caraxa had already befriended a firefly, who'd agreed to lead them home.

"A firefly?" Saivel, fascinated with little creatures and shiny things, automatically fawned over the kind little bug.

"Well, you made a fireball," Caraxa retorted. "Why is it purple anyway?"

Saivel shrugged. "I don't know. Daddy said they were supposed to be red 'n' orange, but it probably just means I'm special."

Caraxa pouted. "Are you saying I'm not special?"

"No, you're special too! You could convince Mr. Firefly to help us!" Saivel beamed at what they both thought was an acceptable compromise.

Upon arriving back home, Saivel realized that she had no idea how to put out the fireball in her hand. Wary of getting it too close to the house, Caraxa knocked on the door.

"Mommy, Daddy, we're home!"

Their mother opened the door with relief on her face. "Oh! We were getting worried." She paused at the fireball in Saivel's hand. "Saivel?"

"I made it to give us a light, but I don't know how to put it out!" Saivel made her voice as whiny as possible. Her mother laughed.

"Look, just... make the fireball not there."

Saivel looked at her, clearly confused, but tried to concentrate on making the fireball stop existing. It did the trick, but in her hand now sat another purple crystal. Saivel's mother looked at it, her expression blank and unreadable.

"Huh? Ooh! It's a shiny crystal!" Saivel was excited and jumped up and down, but at her mother's expression, stopped. "Is there something wrong, Mommy?"

"No, honey, there's nothing wrong. I'll just take the crystal for now, Saivel."

"Okay," Saivel replied, clearly disappointed.

"Mommy just wanted to take a look at it, okay? She'll give it back to you tomorrow." Saivel's mother gently cleared the hair out of the little girl's face and kissed her forehead. "Now go inside and eat your dinner."

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AQW Saivel's Backstory

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Here's the link to the story over on AE's Forums. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21199653

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum