Riftjumper

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Riftjumper

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 pm

This is Sheesas 'Snakehair' Emerin's backstory, she's a mercenary character in Fuse's story. But she's MINNNE. :3

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Riftjumper

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Riftjumpers are ancient. Older than many of the planets, and universes, that they use their ability to ‘jump’ to. They live long lives, too, and often intervene with wrongdoings, fully supported by the Riftjumper system of justice. There is almost always at least one of a planet, in a universe. They hail from a place called No Where, No When, No Why, or No W. for short.

Unfortunately, Riftjumpers do not really have a system of justice for themselves. No W. is practically lawless, and even with their strong morality, they all strive to remain looking... normal. To try and fit in.

This causes a high rate of infants being abandoned, left alone, because of their oddities.

Once there was a woman who had a snake for a pet. Her husband hated the snake, but feared its powers, as it had many, coming from a different universe.

The woman was pregnant, and the night before the baby was born, the snake bit her. Angered, her husband killed the snake, and its last words were,

“Do you know who I am? I am Sea! Now my brothers shall stay with you forever!”

When the child was born, her hair was of many colors, but the most shocking thing was that...

She was born with two snakes in her hair, irritable ones called ‘Earth’ and ‘Sky.’ She was abandoned. The snakes told her her name was Sheesas Emerin. They did not really know all the story, only that their older brother Sea had told them to stay with her for as long as she lived.

To survive, Earth and Sky taught Sheesas how to fight, how to survive, in the world she was dropped off in. By accident, she discovered her Riftjumper skills, how to detect the weak point of a universe and break through to another place.

And then she was noticed by the wrong people.

Thus Sheesas became a mercenary...

*~*~*~*

As long as I’ve lived, I’ve trusted the snakes.

Earth and Sky and all the others I can talk to. They showered me with gifts in all the places I went to, all the snakes, of different colors, different kinds.

A vial of a deadly snake venom, this is useful in my line of work.

Now I have come to somewhere else, a planet unknown to me, called by another possible client. His name is--(the page has been ripped)--and he offers a good sum of money. And a favor. Favors... they’re very useful. I have to find out what the job is.

The snakes tell me not to listen to him. They say he is dangerous, that he has power. I plan to trick him, to get the money and run. They say that is not easy.

I will try.

*~*~*~*

“All I want is this--you to help me get into the minds of the Animalians, a termite in the woodwork. ...Perhaps... kill some. You understand?”

The man held out a large cloth bag, which Sheesas eyed suspiciously, struggling to keep her breathing steady with the anger boiling.

“Ahahahaha NO.” Sky gave the man a glare. “I don’t trust him... and that’s... horrid.”

Sheesas nodded. “You expect me to do that? I would never do something that--that horrible! I refuse your offer!” Sheesas stuck her black rapier through the cloth bag and some gold coins fell in a stream to the floor. “Who are you to do something like that?”

Turning, Sheesas gave a ‘hmph’ but was stopped when the man grabbed her hand. “Get off me,” she growled, turning again and giving him a venomous glare.

“I have something you want!” he exclaimed, sounding a bit desperate by then.

Sheesas snatched her hand back, still looking at him suspiciously. “And what would that be?” she asked, tapping the rapier with a finger.

“I know who you are. I know what you are. I know what happened. I’ll tell you some at first, and then the rest after the deed is done.”

There was only one thing that could overturn Sheesas’ sense of justice.

Hesitantly, she reached out a hand and shook the man’s.

“Deal.”

*~*~*~*

I didn’t think it would go this way.

She had succeeded, she had the information. She sat on a hill and overlooked what had happened.

The planet still looked beautiful. But she had... murdered. Purely in cold blood. Normally she was a bit of a hit-and-run, or threaten-to-get-something mercenary, but she had killed someone.

Not just one. More than one.

That Animalian... Zade... and her ‘mirror’ Aera...

Aera had been taken over. Like all of them on that half of the planet. Sheesas had killed only a few, but enough to scar her memory forever.

Biting her lip, she wiped the remains of blood off of her rapier and sighed.

Was it worth it?

She tried to tell herself yes, she had learned more about her past... she was a Riftjumper...

But she was an outcast.

Was this any better than before? She had blood on her hands now. She had washed it off in a stream, watched the red taint spiral in a circle, then be swept along by the current. Heard screams, heard crying.

The man she worked for had changed... changed beyond her belief. She should get away from this planet. There was a deal elsewhere, surely there was...

“Was it worth it?”

Earth voiced her thoughts, sadness creeping into his voice. “Was it worth it, Sheesas Emerin? Was it worth it?”

Sky turned his head away, closing his eyes and sighing. “Now you will be known as having killed. That will mean better business... but what about you, Sheesas?”

What about me?

She had killed now. Sheesas looked down at her hands and a tear fell, slowly descending upon her cheek.

“Sheesas,” Earth continued, voice soft. “Let’s... get away from here.”

Sheesas stiffly nodded and tapped the air. First a few peeks of light poked through, then a hole in the fabric of the universe. The murderer stepped through.

Now her eyes were colder, glazed over.

They say eyes are the window to the soul...
But hers were like mirrors, shining back...
Like she was hiding her soul.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 am

AMAZING...

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 am

Note that this is a bit of a dark story.

“Why do you cry for them?”

The once-man now called the Beast said, his voice harsh and unforgiving. Sheesas turned around abruptly.

“It wasn’t supposed to go that way.”

“Stupid, stupid girl... Did you really think it could possibly end any differently?” He leaned down, his glowing eyes staring into Sheesas’ cold ones.

“Shut up. I don’t want to talk to you... whatever you are now.” She slapped him away, Earth and Sky rearing up and hissing, fangs exposed. The Beast scowled, his dark form shifting even in the dim light of his lair.

“If you’re not cooperative, I won’t tell you anything.”

“Do you realize... I don’t want to do this. I’m not even doing it for the information anymore.” Cold, harsh, voice eerie in the darkness, almost disembodied with the difference in tone. It was Sheesas’, unmistakably.

“Then why are you doing it?” It was the practical mechanical voice of Teridax. The Beast snarled a bit at his sudden appearance. You had to be careful employing feared people.

“I killed already. I watched them die. I felt the weight of their blood, felt it roll down in thick droplets. I hated it. But do you know what? You learn to get used to it. You learn to kill, you learn the best way. I am not just a mercenary.” She faded into the shadows, and appeared a moment later, hand positioned over Teridax’s mask, smirking. “I am an assassin.” She tapped the metal, laughing at Teridax’s annoyance. “I know your weak spot, Teridax.”

“Stop fighting, you two!” The Beast groaned. Sometimes those he employed were really... aggravating. “We have a... common goal.”

“Almost in common,” Teridax remarked gruffly. “Though you may know my weak spot, it is still going to be difficult to get there. I could feel you coming. And I can kill you easily,” he added.

“Hah. I’m not killing you--for now. Anyways, you still need me to jump you back to Earth right now, so you won’t either. I would imagine, being in this universe for not-so-long, you still don’t know where everything is located, am I right?” Sheesas replied with a smirk. Teridax sighed. “Yep.” Sheesas knew what the answer was. Satisfied, she leaned back.

“Crap, it’s horrid that I can’t hold a camera. Loved that.” Sky grinned at Sheesas, who just gave him a glare.

“Anyways, you’re going to Earth. Why don’t we get on with that?” Earth added. “It might not be good for so many different personalities to brush against each other and stir it all up. You know, backstabbing...”

“You’ll find that Riftjumpers are pretty hard to kill,” Sheesas stated matter-of-factly, unsheathing her rapier. The hissing of snakes began to resound through the lair. She laid back and gestured in the air.

A rip appeared, just barely big enough for Teridax to jump through. He stepped straight through without a glance back. Intent on the travel, he didn’t notice the nimble Riftjumper hanging on to him.

“You know what to do. If he shows signs of betrayal, the mask.” The Beast was strict with his employees, but Sheesas seemed intent on information. Ignorant girl. She didn’t know half of the story yet... or how he got it.

“Do you think she needs to be reminded that often?” Sky hissed irritably. It was obvious he was still not comfortable around the Beast.

“No...” The Beast replied. “But it annoys you.”

Ssss! Sky’s hissing was intensely loud. Earth sighed.

“If I could facepalm, I would now. Sky. Shut your stupid mouth or I’ll stuff an egg in it. Preferably a dragon’s, if I can get Sheesas to jump there. You know what happens when a snake eats a dragon’s egg...”

Sky gulped. “Fine. I hate you.”

“I hate you too.”

The Beast sighed. “If you can stop arguing, let’s brief Teridax.”

Sheesas’ rapier was perfectly wedged in a crack near Teridax’s mask. All it would take was a single motion and she could kill him. She knew Teridax would probably plot betrayal... She smiled. This was perfect.

Silently, the Riftjumper fell to the ground, managing to do it softly. Her knee took some weight. Now only if she could find somewhere to cause some havoc...

*~*~*~*

Sheesas listened in to a radio at a hospital, lingering in the shadows by the window, smearing the blood on her hands off with some cloth. Her rapier had clattered to the ground, but was almost imperceptible. She’d successfully cleaned it.

“This just in, Tech Square has been almost completely obliterated by one man!” At that point Sheesas stopped listening in indignation. Did they think she was a... man? Then again, Teridax had probably messed some stuff up... The massive idiot.

Sky paused for thought and stated, “Correction: A Riftjumper and Makuta Teridax.” He smirked to himself, but Earth just glared at him.

“This is no time for comedy.”

“...They are flying in from all sides, the area is completely surrounded! Help!” Oh, so more Makuta had arrived. Not much of a surprise.

Sheesas looked down at her hands to see whether they were clean. They were not. Better find some water. The Riftjumper had gotten used to Animalia, it being her base of operations... fool... there was water everywhere there....

She hid her hands inside her jacket pocket.

“Sky, Earth, stay silent. Hide.” The two snakes looked quizzically at her and nodded.

The black rapier clattered again against stone as Sheesas’ foot struck it. She winced and picked it up, sheathing it in the engraved scabbard.

“I guess I could afford to open a little rift...” she muttered to no one in particular, looking around. She tapped some areas and went through, to a small river.

Unfortunately, the recent activity of rifts had caused a load of flux... her rift just barely closed before another rift opened, high above...

What appeared to be a meteor started falling down into an area called ‘Sector V’.

*~*~*~*

Dipping one hand into the cold water, Sheesas watched with interest as the red liquid formed delicate patterns in the slow moving river. She shook her hands vigorously and wiped them a bit on her jacket. They were numb from the ice-cold water, but oh well.

I should make sure Teridax doesn’t kill himself at the very least. The thought suddenly occurred to her. Of course, the possibility of him doing that was... high.

Reluctantly Sheesas made another jump, trying to hold onto Teridax’s position. She found a Makuta in her face.

Sheesas jumped up and kicked the Makuta’s mask lightly. “I’m the Riftjumper, you idiot. Get out of my face. I’m here to make sure everything goes the way it’s supposed to. Can’t leave anything to you mechanical idiots.”

There was no answer as the Makuta stared at her, just a little annoyed at her, but got out of her face anyways. Sky stuck out his tongue at the Makuta and hissed mockingly, but turned back around when the Makuta heard the sound.

“Yo Teridax!” Sheesas exclaimed, sprinting throughout the red energy shield looking for the leader of the Makuta.

“What is it? I’m modifying this mech, I’m not going to be bothered by--” Teridax found Sheesas’ black rapier pointed at his mask. “Oh. Snakehair.”

“You better get this right,” Sheesas growled, “Or the whole plan goes awry and I stuff this rapier into your face. And enjoy every stupid second of Your Idiocy being pained. For now, though...” She trailed off threateningly, but sheathed her rapier. “Come on. Those ‘heroes’--including that fool Animalian Zade--are going to be coming soon. You can bet they’ll give a fight.”

“What hope will they have? I haven’t had a good fight. That weakling Alexander--”

“He’s a Magnian, Teridax. They’re something to reckon with.”

“Only partial... and then you do know the other part of his form...” Teridax added leeringly. “Is it just me, or are you showing signs of betrayal?...”

He received a rapier hilt to the mask.

“Just me,” he muttered angrily, continuing to modify the mech again as Sheesas walked off, head held high, laughing to herself.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Her knuckles were streaming blood amid the broken shards of glass. She looked up, hoping that it wasn’t there anymore.

It was still her reflection.

Sheesas grabbed her rapier and smashed the mirror again. There was still another. She let out a scream of rage and kicked this one, before stopping to take a break. Her eyes automatically rested on the mirror, on her.

“I am not a murderer!” she yelled, but she didn’t believe it herself...

“Then what are you?” her reflection replied, smiling.

“I...”

“You are a fool!” The mirror shattered again, spraying shards on her hair and cutting her face. When she looked up all she saw was a wall...

A wall with names.

Panicking, she stepped back. Names were scrawled across the surface in no particular order. All of the people she had killed.

“So, how many before you stop, Sheesas?” It wasn’t Sky, but it was Sky... a different one. Mocking her.

“How many before you stop?” Earth echoed.

“No!” was all she could say in reply before she collapsed sobbing.

*~*~*~*

“It was just a dream,” Earth said comfortingly, staying snug in Sheesas’ hair. She felt his warmth and closed her eyes. Tears were still streaming down her cheeks.

“But still, how many...” Her sentence trailed off as she continued sobbing. Her hair was wet with tears and Sky was extremely disconcerted.

“Then why don’t you stop?”

It was a sudden remark by Sky, but it shocked Sheesas. It wasn’t much of Sky’s attitude to say something like that... She looked up and realized what sense it made.

A fist closed around the hilt of a rapier. “You’re right, Sky.”

Earth was surprised to admit that Sky was, in fact. The flow of tears slowed, then stopped altogether. Sheesas narrowed her eyes.

“I still have some debts to repay...”

*~*~*~*

The Beast didn’t turn around as the air behind him shimmered and spread apart, showing just a glimpse of part of Earth.

“So how did Teridax do?” he asked automatically, knowing that it could only be Sheesas.

“Huh, disabled most of our enemies for a while. But, you know, it’s Earth. There’s going to be someone else who we’ll have to dispose of.” Sheesas flicked a leaf off of her shoulder. “I’m not going to kill everybody for you anymore.”

“Why?”

“Haven’t I killed enough? Heck, wasn’t one single life enough? To have killed a mortal soul, to have seen the blood... isn’t that more than enough?” Sheesas glared at the Beast’s back as he turned around slowly.

“You said it yourself. You are an assassin.”

“But do I have to be?”

The Beast did not respond, only smirked at the girl.

“I’m going back to make sure Teridax doesn’t muck up the entire stupid plan.”

He was still smiling as he watched the Riftjumper disappeared.

I really know who you are, fool girl. You have to be. You have to be... or all of your kind will die.

*~*~*~*

There is a group among the Riftjumpers which really doesn’t have any name. The nicest thing would be to call them security.

In truth, they’re somewhat more like assassins. They take jobs from the Riftjumpers and protect them as well. The only thing that they cannot do is harm another Riftjumper.

These ‘assassins’ were also gifted with powers from the start of their society. They were feared by the rest. They were chosen at birth, with a message to the parents.

Unfortunately, Ranin and Karet Emerin never received that message...

Seeing as the assassins were a bit too busy struggling against all the threats that the other Riftjumpers were unaware of...

*~*~*~*

Once I was walking through Animalia, hiding under a cloak, scouting the area to see where... it should start.

I saw children.

They were so young and their laughter flowed through the street freely. They had no idea of what was going to happen.

They didn’t know me.

Those children were lucky. They had parents, a home, a family. Brothers, sisters, people they trusted, people they loved, people who loved them.

Who did I have? Only two snakes in my hair, snakes who were my only friends. The others were dead.

Dead.

The thought resounded through my head and I whispered it into the air.

Dead.

It was as if the air was pushing in on me--it felt different.

Would any of those children be dead?

This was the side to be corrupted, I realized. These children... they wouldn’t be innocent, free. Only puppets of the Beast’s will.

I would have to stop people they probably knew from building the Krona... with force. I shuddered. What was I doing? What was I now? I had already stopped one from trying...

A thought struck me. Maybe I could help... him... corrupt them... but I wouldn’t do anything to the Krona... perhaps one could construct it, power it, undo the evil that would spread out over the land.

It was little help, but it was all I could do with his close watch on me, keeping me in line, lest I miss out on information.

He had told me little then, only that I was a Riftjumper, and that the two snakes in my hair were emblems of the elemental powers in another place... another time. Little really about me, which I wanted to know. Needed to know.

Who were my parents? Did they remember their daughter they left on a cold night, alone, just an infant, to die? Did they care?

Were they happy?

The last question shocked me--they had left me. Why would I care for them if they did not for me?

But... they were my parents, after all. Even if they had left me. Even if I had hated them for that single, that one, simple, choice that had set me down this path. But still... what was this path but one that would soon be paved in blood?

No. I did not care.

I will not care.

I would leave the Krona intact--though I doubt that I could damage it--so they could have a glimmer of hope to rebuild their society. Just a faint one.

When a spark ignites the embers, they can burst back into flame.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 am

OMIGOSHSOMUCHDIALOGUEITTOOKUPSOMUCHSPACEYAY
“Where did they come from again?”

The younger man gulped and shrugged. “We’re not certain. They just appeared to follow something right back here to No W... Sir.”

The other man sighed and leaned back on his chair. “Well... whoever ‘they’ are, they’re certainly hostile. Find out as much as you can, as quickly as you can. We don’t want this escalating into a war.”

“A--a war? Sir?”

“Just go.”

Someone moved out of the shadows and planted a firm hand on the chair. “There’s no hope that we can keep this from escalating into a war, Mancil.”

Mancil grunted in reply. “I know, Rill, so I’m telling you--” this with a very pointed look--“that you should go get all the Defenders ready.”

“Defenders? Is that what we’re calling ourselves now?” Rill smirked. “Ah well. Better than nothing, I guess.”

“Wait. Rill.”

“Yes, Mancil?”

“First off, stop calling me Mancil and start calling me ‘sir’ as you should. Second, I want you finding out more about our mysterious enemies.”

“Didn’t you just send that young man out to do--”

“...in any way possible. Including... some areas that ‘young man’ will probably avoid.”

Rill laughed. “Are you saying what I think you’re saying, Mancil--sir?”

“Of course I am. Off with you!”

The two old friends shared a laugh before Rill finally departed. At that Mancil stood and picked something off of the wall.

With a slight jolt of electricity (which Mancil ignored, having gloves on) the two crest-like... things projected what appeared to be wings.

“Nice folks, the... great, forgot their name again. Eh. Pretty solid tech stuffs too. Been a while since I used this.”

He poked one of the wings experimentally and found that his hand did not go through. “Still generating hard light. Well, all’s good then.”

Mancil affixed the two crests to the back of his coat and sighed as he opened the door.

Something told him it was going to be a long day.

*~*~*~*

It ended out being a long week.

A very long week.

“So, Rill? Any more information?”

“None. Just that they followed an unnamed individual from Akrill--”

“Earth.”

“That is the name they call it.”

“Call it Earth. After all, the Enchidens--”

“Are superstitious, but still powerful, fools.”

Mancil sighed. “Alright, alright. Anyways, what were you going to say after my interruption? I admit that I interrupted.”

Rill chuckled. “Impossible! Commander Mancil, taking responsibility for his actions! Quick! Get the press in here!” Mancil gave a very disapproving glare. “Fine. ANYWAY, Enchidens have sent... cryptic warnings about the troops, and someone they merely call the Beast. Even they seem afraid... something about ‘turned a planet, warped mirror and darkness’... Including insinuating that the unnamed individual was a...”

Mancil leaned forward. “What?...”

“...Riftjumper.”

A incredulous snort. “Truly? Was the rift stable?”

“It’s the sort of rift that stayed open. Advanced jumping. I was impressed... it had just barely faded away... so they brought a force of some size. At least nine score.”

“And all of our best fighters are out... somewhere.” Mancil breathed out slowly. “Try and possibly pin down our mysterious traitorous Riftjumper.”

“Shouldn’t you check whether there are any new recruits, sir? Y’know the Choosers, so absentminded, forget to notify them...”

“Are you kidding me? They’ve doubted people will just willingly go away from their family. The last recruit we had was the kid of the Emerins, and the Emerins disappeared. Poofed.”

“Died.” Rill turned. “I’ll go find out about our mysterious traitorous Riftjumper... something tells me we’re not going to like what happens, though.”

“Do we ever?”

In reply Rill simply snorted and left the room.

*~*~*~*

“Well, this is just...” Mancil winced at the word said next. It was definitely feminine, as well... And then his shoulder was tapped... then poked. With something sharp. Or two somethings sharp. And then continued speech. “This is brilliant. I wound up at... No W.”

“What the?...” He turned around to see a teenage girl (or perhaps older, Riftjumpers’ ages are not easy to tell through appearance, their outward aging slows after thirteen) with multicolored hair (and eyes) and red glasses. She looked a little familiar...

“Do you happen to know the rift coordinates for Enchid? Haven’t been there in a while, forgot...” The girl looked at Mancil quizzically. “Um... sir?”

“What the... something poked me.” He looked at the girl suspiciously.

She sighed and twirled some of her hair. “Coordinates. Enchid.”

“How in the name of Akrill--”

“--Earth--”

“--Do you not know the coordinates?”

“I forgot! It’s not that hard to do! I mean, seriously! Haven’t you ever forgotten the coordinates of something?”

“s1709582-1053829, t1092658-27563.” Mancil looked at his shoulder dubiously but saw nothing. “Could’ve sworn something poked me...”

“Something poke you? Oh... um... well...” The girl backed off. “Th-thanks.”

Before she had ran out of sight and earshot, he saw something come out of her hair... a... snake?... Impossible...

And then she said, “I thought I told you. No. Biting. Whatsoever.”

But it must have just been his imagination...

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 pm

It was... snowing.

That was very odd. In fact, Mancil was fairly certain it was supposed to be impossible. Never knew, though, tech could malfunction... but this was Riftjumper technology, and they were second only to the Enchidens.

And the Enchidens’ tech was completely flawless, that AND one had just recently adjusted the shield that kept all rain from coming in... he was too lazy to remember the name. I mean, seriously. It was...

...almost impossible for it to be malfunctioning.

At which point he realized it was probably ‘their’ fault. They hadn’t really named the enemy yet... were they even an enemy?

He reached out to catch the snow. It was cold and soon melted into an almost unnoticeable puddle of water.

“Hey Mancil!”

Mancil sighed. “Rill, how many times should I tell you that you’re supposed to call me ‘sir’?”

“Well, I dunno... until we die?”

“Anyway, what’s so important?”

Rill sighed. “I dunno... just this mysterious woman. She wanted to see you. Her name is ‘Tydei’ or something...”

“Tydei?” Mancil was suddenly right in front of Rill. He still had his ‘wings’ pinned onto his coat, surging with energy. They crackled suddenly and Rill winced.

“Dude, calm down! Your wings feed on psychic energy and... well... yeaaah.” He shrugged. “What’s the big deal?”

“Are you absolutely sure her name is Tydei?”

“Yeah! ‘Course I am! What’s the big deal, Mancil?!”

The man had already ran off, leaving Rill confused, cold, and alone in the snow. He was also without an answer.

“...I actually kind of expected that...”

*~*~*~*

“You could have told me you were coming.”

The woman, Tydei, shook her head and pulled her hood so that her face was cast in deeper shadow. “No. Their spies are everywhere.” She shuddered. “He is like the tree of darkness... his vile roots have been spread everywhere... now they grab the shadows of another universe and welcome them into their orchard...”

“Tydei, I’ve never been able to understand your riddles. Make it simpler to understand.” Besides, it also gave Mancil headaches.

They were standing outside of his office, and Mancil started to go in, but Tydei quickly grabbed his arm. “No. They are watching. Everywhere they are watching. The sky is full of eyes and they are all without light. No shine.”

“Tydei...” Mancil sighed. “Make sense for once.”

“We are the Dowmis. Though perhaps our name has changed our true one has not. We shall find the traitor, the traitor shall find us. The traitor shall repent.”

“Tydei. You can’t speak a Defender’s last name.”

“This is an emergency. We must remember what it means. Those who are older shall aid but cannot interfere lest their lives be lost as well.” Tydei’s grip tightened.

“Rill is coming. You should go.”

“She... she watches you... The snake’s bite...”

“Don’t be all like that on me, Tydei. You have to go. Rill will have suspicions.”

Tydei touched Mancil’s shoulder. “He flies, but he is bound by his own choice... by his own life... and she watches through his bite. I must depart.”

Mancil sighed. “Good.”

“Goodbye... brother.”

Then Tydei was gone, leaving nothing but a recollection of times left behind so long ago. A recollection of perhaps the only Defender ever not to be recruited...

*~*~*~*

The aged woman was sitting down in the middle of the cavern, back facing the entrance. There was only the sound of water dripping down from a stalactite.

“How old are you now, Phaiso?”

Phaiso smirked. “Older than you... enough to deserve to be respected by one so young. Your brother is being...”

“Mancil. Call him Mancil.”

“We have not referred to him by name since...”

“What? He hated being all mysterious and everything? Mother, of course. He was... different. After all, Father--”

“We do not speak of him either.”

“What? Are you ashamed of it? The first time we have crossed between these two powers? Face it, mother, we were trespassers. It is not so much of a price to pay as something to gain.”

Phaiso finally turned. “Tydei... Respect your mother.”

“What mothering did you do? My brother ran away because he thought it could only be better.” Tydei’s eyes flared.

“Quiet, girl.” Phaiso sighed. “We are not known for being mothers.”

“You are named after the Enchiden who was known for her wisdom? What of her wisdom do you dare to say you possess? How dare you say you deserve her name? You are a fool.” Tydei spat out the words.

Phaiso did not reply, merely picking up a cup of water. Tydei smashed it easily with her hand. The water splashed over her mother’s face.

“Listen to me! You know what’s coming, even weak as you are, even foolish as you are! And I know that you wish to stop it. But it is not within your power. You would merely harm yourself if you tried to help us.”

Tydei left that as a final warning as she left her mother alone to sit in her cave. Phaiso seemed to pay her no heed.

Apparently she did, though, as a small tear glistened in the corner of her eye...

*~*~*~*

The small boy wiped tears away as he sobbed loudly, even as he tried to stifle it.

“Huh? What’s this now?...” It was a soft voice, but comforting to the young boy. He scuffled into a further corner and looked with terror at the stranger, who only smiled.

“Who--who are you, miss?...” The boy couldn’t stop sobbing.

“It’s alright... I’m Teralugh. What’s your name?”

“M--mancil.” He sniffed.

“Well, Mancil, what do you say that we find your mot--”

“No!” He yelled out, striking Teralugh abruptly, cutting her off. “Not to Mother!”

“A-alright. Well then, will you come with me?”...

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Just so you are aware, PRONUNCIATION!

Mancil: Man-sill

Rill: Ree (with the logic like in Spanish, ll=y and stuff...)

Tydei: Tih-day

Phaiso: Phay-zo

Teralugh: Teh-ruh-loo

Also, Enchidens is supposed to sound like 'Ancient ones' because I felt like it.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 pm

“Hey, Mancil.”

“You should be saying ‘Sir’, Rill.”

“Mancil. Anyways, and I’m surprised to say we haven’t seen this before, there’s something interesting going on.” Rill tapped his fingers against the desk. “And involving the Enchidens.”

Mancil raised his eyebrow. “Mind telling me more?”

“Certainly.” Rill nodded and continued. “It’s involving Akrill--Earth--a bit of a smattering of planets, but mainly Earth--and powers.”

A sigh came, right on cue. Holding back a chuckle, Rill finished with, “Essentially, they’re giving humans powers. And yet, these humans just seem to be... doing things. Sure, some dispatched that guy, Fuse, y’know? But we got this report from the Enchidens themselves. They said that we’d have to rely some on the humans.” He gritted his teeth. “Would’ve been easier if they had told us earlier.”

“Just wondering, mind telling me about the ones who dispatched Fuse? I imagine they’d be of help.”

Nodding stiffly, Rill tapped his way through pages of text on his tablet. His eyes widened. “Mancil, sir, you won’t believe this.”

“What is it?”

A mad grin broke out on Rill’s face. “One of them’s part Magnian.”

*~*~*~*

“Sky...”

“Yeah?”

“...I think we’re going to be in a pile of crap in a little while.”

Earth only nodded in agreement, giving his brother a look. “And remember, you doofus, this is your fault!”

“It was an instinctive reaction!”

“Dude, we’d spent at least a minute out of a jump,” Earth replied, making a lot of sense. “That is not an instinctive reaction.”

If Sky was human, he would certainly have crossed his arms with a loud hmph. Instead he merely hissed and looked away from Earth. Again, if he was human, he would be pouting.

“You two are such kids!” Sheesas exclaimed, laughing. “And we should be heading over to that... castle-falling-out-of-the-sky-thing right about now...” She glanced at Sky and carefully guided his head to look at her with her hand. “You stay quiet. Bite nothing. At all.”

He sheepishly glanced at her and curled further into her hair.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie49847 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 pm

write more Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie49847 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:19 pm

unless you finished... i didn't bother reading it anyways Razz

Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 pm

oh so of course you post on my story
wow
so predictable
no just kidding velcom to teh forumz

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 am

i failed to resist the urge to revisit sheesas because i was reminded of her because of...

reasons....

so uh

cries because i'm trash and i really want to revisit sheesas (starting with her name because gurl. g u r l .)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:53 pm

I REMEMBER SHESAS OMG. THAT WAS SUCH A LONG TIME AGO. VEE'S HAIR WAS STILL COMPLETELY TURQUOISE BACK THEN.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:25 am

oh no i drawed her. fuck (expect coloring... ....e... ventually...?)

(i have a fondness for badass girls with ponytails woops)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:20 pm

YAAASSSS

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:57 pm

kinda threw down some colors just to see how they looked

i think ill change them around a little but overall fairly happy

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 am

Nice!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:18 am

YELLS LOUDLY, THROWS WORDS INTO POST, HITS SEND, RUNS OFF

this isnt complete obv

After working under his employ for so long, Sheesas had learned how to read the Beast (to an extent). At the very least, she was able to recognize the slight shift in his--shoulders? She supposed they were shoulders, or at least close enough to be called such. She knew exactly how his eyes squinted, how his head turned, how his voice would whisper a single word with no emotion.

"Snakehair," he said, an order and acknowledgement bundled into one. I see you there, he said, and at the same time come here, I have orders for you. The Beast was the one who had first called her 'Snakehair,' and the one who had, thusly, given her the only thing maintaining her tenuous grip on sanity. Ironic, considering he was the reason her grip had ever faltered. When the Beast said 'Snakehair,' Sheesas went away. Snakehair took her place.

Sheesas and Snakehair were not one and the same, Sheesas thought. No, they were two different people, polar opposites in their demeanor. Sheesas was the girl who had been abandoned in the streets of a random planet. Sheesas was the girl who had been given her name by snakes. Sheesas was the girl who had been taken in by a ragtag group of petty criminals and begged, and stole, and fought to give them the money they needed to feed themselves. Sheesas was the girl who considered her gang her family, who would do anything for them.

Sheesas was the girl who had sold her soul to give them hope for a better life.

Snakehair was the girl who fought and stabbed and scratched and bit not because she had to, but because she enjoyed it. Snakehair was the girl who killed without a second thought, whose hand did not waver as she put a bullet, or a high-energy beam, through someone's head. Snakehair was the girl whose name was whispered throughout the Beast's troops--his 'right hand,' or as close as one could get, in any case. Snakehair was the girl who let an army of monsters into the world only because the Beast had asked her to.

Snakehair was the girl who had sold her soul for a single word.

And how little that word was. Riftjumper. That was all the Beast had to say, and her heart stopped and her breath caught and she thought--how? How could this man, this terrible man, be the only one I've ever found who knows anything about me?

How little that word had done for her. The Riftjumpers, it appeared, were a secretive sort of species, and Sheesas found little about them in all her searching. She did manage to learn that their home planet was called Sha. Having never been there, and not knowing the coordinates to rift there, she had no hope of ever getting there apart from the Beast. She had no hope of ever learning more about herself, about the strange ability she had, apart from the Beast.

So Snakehair was the one who did the Beast's work, and Sheesas was the one who hated herself afterwards.

i will finish this tomorrow i promise????

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:05 am

I DIDNT DO IT THE NEXT DAY WOOPS

also rereading 'a continuation' like

old writing more like no writing

After working under his employ for so long, Sheesas had learned how to read the Beast (to an extent). At the very least, she was able to recognize the slight shift in his... shoulders? She supposed they were shoulders, or at least close enough to be called such. She knew exactly how his eyes squinted, how his head turned, how his voice would whisper a single word with no emotion.

"Snakehair," he said, an order and acknowledgement bundled into one. I see you there, he said, and at the same time come here, I have orders for you. The Beast was the one who had first called her 'Snakehair,' and the one who had, thusly, given her the only thing maintaining her tenuous grip on sanity. Ironic, considering he was the reason her grip had ever faltered. When the Beast said 'Snakehair,' Sheesas went away. Snakehair took her place.

Sheesas and Snakehair were not one and the same, Sheesas thought. No, they were two different people, polar opposites in their demeanor. Sheesas was the girl who had been abandoned in the streets of a random planet. Sheesas was the girl who had been given her name by snakes. Sheesas was the girl who had been taken in by a ragtag group of petty criminals and begged, and stole, and fought to give them the money they needed to feed themselves. Sheesas was the girl who considered her gang her family, who would do anything for them.

Sheesas was the girl who had sold her soul to give them hope for a better life.

Snakehair was the girl who fought and stabbed and scratched and bit not because she had to, but because she enjoyed it. Snakehair was the girl who killed without a second thought, whose hand did not waver as she put a bullet, or a high-energy beam, through someone's head. Snakehair was the girl whose name was whispered throughout the Beast's troops; she was his 'right hand,' or as close as one could get, in any case. Snakehair was the girl who let an army of monsters into the world only because the Beast had asked her to.

Snakehair was the girl who had sold her soul for a single word.

And how little that word was. Riftjumper. That was all the Beast had to say, and her heart stopped and her breath caught and she thought, how? How could this man, this terrible man, be the only one I've ever found who knows anything about me?

How little that word had done for her. The Riftjumpers, it appeared, were a secretive sort of species, and Sheesas found little about them in all her searching. She did manage to learn that their home planet was called Sha. Having never been there, and not knowing the coordinates to rift there, she had no hope of ever getting there apart from the Beast. She had no hope of ever learning more about herself, about the strange ability she had, apart from the Beast.

So Snakehair was the one who did the Beast's work, and Sheesas was the one who hated herself afterwards.

It had been a foolish idea, to accept the contract. She'd been taught not to agree to anything she didn't know the entirety of, but she'd just gone and promised to do anything the Beast asked her to do even though he refused to let her know all the details. Marcel would've been ashamed; if not of that, then certainly what she'd done after that.

Prior to accepting the Beast's deal, Sheesas had never killed an innocent person. Of course, in her mind, she told herself it was Snakehair who had done it, not her, never her. However, it had been a necessity in order to do what she'd been asked—no, not asked, the Beast did not ask, she had been ordered—to do. Still, she had left one act of defiance, which the Beast either didn't notice or didn't care enough to remark about.

The Krona she had left intact. In fact, she hadn't even tried to harm it. Something told her it would probably resist any attempts at destroying it (ancient magical artifacts tended to be like that). Something told her that, if she left it, somehow the Animalians would come through and heal the grievous wound she (Snakehair, Snakehair) had inflicted upon their planet.

In recent times, it had proven true. The Beast had (rather angrily, in fact) informed her as such. Snakehair had responded with a mix of incredulity and indifference. "They're still no match for us," she said, sounding completely confident. Sheesas, inside, celebrated.

The fight had come to them far too fast. Sheesas had thought they would at least be able to leave the planet before they were found, but she hadn't been prepared in the slightest. The Animalians she'd expected; not their 'new recruits.' And the Beast had left her.

Alone and outnumbered, Sheesas knew she didn't stand a chance. There was no point in fighting, so she ran. Ignoring that the area was terrible for rifting, she jumped anyway, reaching out randomly for whatever place popped into mind (or rather, fingertips) first. Even Earth didn't protest. They had just been in possibly the greatest danger of their lives.

When Sheesas stumbled back into existence, she found herself somewhere she'd never been before, and didn't recognize at all, which made no sense. That shouldn't be possible, that wasn't how rifting worked, but whatever thoughts she had were shoved out of her head as the unfamiliarity of the world caught her by surprise. The entire planet felt like it was spinning around her; there was a sensation as if she was being pulled downward with incredible force, and Sheesas very nearly threw up. Earth was talking, or maybe she was just imagining it, she couldn't tell and didn't care. It took her a few moments to compose herself enough to stand up and take a look around.

Around her, a sprawling city of gleaming steel and shining glass stretched into the sky. It appeared Sheesas was a fair distance away from the place proper, which was lucky; that meant she could possibly rift out of wherever she was to a familiar place. Well, not immediately. The Animalian atmosphere was really not suited for jumping and had quite severely drained her.

"Earth," she whispered, "where are we?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:29 pm

I can't even remember what 'a continuation' was. That's probably a good thing, though, right?

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:44 pm

It never happened

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Wow, it must've been REALLY awful.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Listen I'm just going to silently go in and purge it from existence
it was that bad

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum