Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:30 pm

you actually deleted it im laughing

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Riftjumper

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Where was it even located? I couldn't find it in the story section.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:11 pm

I moved it to the back of the cemetery originally

then deleted it today

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Ah.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:56 am

guys

guys

aliens are hard guys

guys why did i do this to myself

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Don't ask me. My goals for life involve becoming a tree if I fail high school this year. I'm clearly not an expert.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:18 am

how does one become a tree tho

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:19 am

i dont know what im doing but i seem to be doing it okay-ish

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:31 am

oh no last names

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:42 am

I hadn't figured that part out. I was just gonna go with it.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:04 am

here is some bullshit idk

Chapter One: Right to Remain Silent (thats not gonna be the end chapter title LOL)

The moment Chuttenit felt his communicator turn on (in a way that seemed, somehow, almost reluctant, what with how little use it got) he nearly leapt up out of his seat in excitement. He did not, of course, actually do that, because that would’ve probably amused Fhuhhua to no end, and he doubted that she would stop talking about it for the next several days. On occasion, his older sister could be downright cruel. He didn’t blame her. In fact, he supposed she deserved to be a little cruel sometimes.

A voice spoke into his ear, slightly uncertain, as if they were unsure of whether Chuttenit was listening. It was Aasha, which only excited Chuttenit further. Aasha was not only a good friend of his, he informed only aashachutit of directives and orders and missions and little else. If Aasha was talking to Chuttenit over his communicator, that meant that maybe, maybe Chuttenit had a hope of something with his position in the hhachutites. Or, at least, one thing, right now. He would settle for that.

Aasha’s voice repeated again, even more hesitant this time. “Aashachutit Ieshu, file 3466714… Um, I… repeat, 3466714.”

Aashachutit Sheemuhr, I hear you.” Chuttenit pulled up file 3466714 on his visor and paused, trying to take in what the file said. There was no way. There was no way that Aasha could be saying that… He cleared his throat. “...I’m sorry, could you repeat that?”

“Of course, Aashachutit Ieshu. File 3466714.” Aasha said it slowly, each number with a considerable amount of time between it. Chuttenit remained in silence, Aasha sighing in exasperation after a few seconds. “We do not have much time, Chuttenit. I will pull up the file for you.”

Chuttenit’s view on his visor did not change. “We’ve found her?” Incredulity crept into his voice. “Snakehair?”

these are all really weird names and im really dumb but ANYWAY HAVE SOME THINGS...
Aasha is pronounced kinda like aw, shucks but like, sha instead of shucks
Chuttenit is pronounced cheut-ten-it
Fhuhhua is pronounced... shit
feu-heu-ah
kinda?
not really
ieshu is ee-shoo
sheemuhr is shee-meur KINDA IDK HOW TO WRITE THE PROPER SOUND IN ENGLISH LETTERS AH
aashachutit is like aasha + cheut + it
hhachutit is like ha + cheut + it
these have meanings in the weird fragment of language ive pulled out of my ass

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Excellent.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:05 am

i just deleted what i had of the chapter and messed around some more with the language

classy

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:28 pm

2pro

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:59 pm

BAM

I COULDVE MADE THIS LONGER AND I WAS ABOUT TO BUT THEN I WENT 'NO ITS OKAY WHO CARE'

Chapter One: It All Goes Wrong

"Aashitehr Ieshu." At the soft, somewhat uncertain voice, Chuttitehr started, but quickly regained his composure, flicking away the particularly interesting article he'd just been reading. All of his attention needed to be focused on the voice coming through his communicator, not on ten facts you never knew about the shanke. "Aashitehr Ieshu,” the voice repeated, and he recognized it then as his friend Khusha’s. “344671.”

"Ouh, Aashitehr Sheemuhra." What was going on? If Khusha was talking to him over the communicator that meant Chuttitehr had to be getting a proper field mission. But he wasn't supposed to be given field missions. Even so, he doubted that someone would make a mistake like that, so with another flick, Chuttitehr brought up file 344671 on his monitor—and frowned. That was… well, not impossible, but… it was highly unlikely. If he was getting assigned this... something was wrong. He had to double-check, just to be sure. “344671, right?”

“I know, Chuttitehr. They’re finally sending you out, and, and...” All uncertainty disappeared from Khusha’s voice, as did the formality, replaced by excitement. “We’ve finally got a lock on her! For some reason, whatever’s kept her from getting pulled till now has just… disappeared. It’s gone."

"And we've got no idea why?" Though Chuttitehr had to admit he was excited about finally doing something other than sitting around, a dusty trophy on the shelf of the Itehres, he also didn't like unknowns, part of why he got so aggravated by Snakehair. Unknowns were bad. Unknowns were the number of days he and Fhuhhua would live. (He hoped they didn't die too long after the other; he wasn't sure how he'd deal without his older sister, or she without him.) Unknowns were the reasons he got the prophetic fits that kept him from working in the field. Unknowns were Snakehair's despicable employer, the Beast, and unknowns were the reason the Enchidens insisted they not do anything about him.

"...We don't," Khusha answered reluctantly. Chuttitehr could almost hear him frowning. "Some other aashitehres have thought that maybe the Beast is the reason we haven't been able to get a hold of her yet. If that's the case... well, it seems most likely, to be honest, but it's anyone's guess why the Beast would suddenly drop protection on Snakehair. Last we know before... before we, uh, had to stop watching, you know, they were having a bad time over at Animalia." Right. The Enchidens were slapping order after order on the Itehr regarding the Beast, the latest of which was an order to stop surveillance on him. Some were questioning the Enchidens' wisdom, and Chuttitehr had to admit to himself he doubted the soundness of that decision as well.

"Maybe they had a falling out?" he suggested. "I know, as far as we know Snakehair is completely loyal to the Beast, but she's still a mercenary. I don't doubt her first priority would be to save herself."

"It's all just speculation. If—when we get her, well, for her own good I hope she tells us. Anyway, back to business.” Khusha took a breath in, then abruptly changed the subject. “Whenever she tries to make a shee next, she’ll end up somewhere about… eighteen ashyee chot of Aash-sha.” In the corner of Chuttitehr’s monitor, levels appeared. He mentally calculated the motions to replicate them, though a spark of indignance kept him from thinking it through properly.

“I can walk eighteen ashyee, Khusha,” he muttered with a tinge of annoyance.

Surprisingly enough, Khusha refrained from retorting with some sort of sharp quip and was properly serious instead. “We don’t know when she’ll make a shee, so the fastest transportation is the best in this case.”

Ouh, ouh, fine.” Chuttitehr stood from his seat, checking that his gun was safely holstered by his hip and charged. It ought to be, with how little he used it, but it was comforting nonetheless to see it sitting there. He twitched his fingers, holding one hand up to begin creating a shee. “How do we plan to transport her, since she’s not going directly to the station?” He bit back the urge to ask if his sister was still there. Of course she was still there. She would always come back the moment she could, so they must still need her for something.

“Stun her on sight, then make another shee. You should easily be able to carry her.”

“But not walk eighteen ashyee?” Most of Chuttitehr’s indignance was feigned, a smile spreading across his face as he heard Khusha groan softly. He was willing to bet Khusha was rolling his eyes at the same time. With a last hand motion, the air in front of him seemed to ripple and suddenly burst into a shee. “Alright, I made the shee. How long do you think I’ll have to wait before Snakehair shows up?”

The long pause before Khusha said anything was answer enough. “...that is certainly a good question.”

“You could’ve just stayed silent and spared my ears the pain of listening to your voice,” Chuttitehr grumbled. “I would’ve gotten the message either way.”

“Your spiky ears can go eat themselves for all I care, Chuttitehr,” Khusha retorted, but he was only just holding back laughter.

As he stepped through the shee, Chuttitehr mumbled halfheartedly, “You wish you had the privilege of even touching my spiky ears.”

“I heard that.”

Chuttitehr’s foot hit against the soft red sand that surrounded Aash-sha as far as the eye could see. He sighed and closed his eyes for a second. Why did he have to raise his hopes, then just get them dashed immediately? “Close your mouth. I am allowed to complain. Sent out to a location eighteen ashyee away to—what—wait for someone to show up for who knows how long.”

“At least you’ve got me for company,” Khusha pointed out. It didn’t sound that much like a jab; in fact, it seemed he was genuinely trying to reassure Chuttitehr.

“I think I’d prefer it if I was stuck outside alone in a khangsrit.

Khusha swallowed. Chuttitehr sounded… angry. “You don’t mean that…?” Right? he was practically asking.

Chuttitehr covered his face with his hand, too annoyed to try and spare his friend’s feelings. “Oh, I do.

*~*~*~*

Twenty-two tenes. Chuttitehr had watched the time change on his visor with a mix of annoyance and resignation. Some time ago, Khusha had given up trying to soothe him with meaningless platitudes and gone silent.

Chuttitehr wasn’t sure if he was glad about that, or if it just made the waiting more unbearable. He’d taken to toying with his gun, despite knowing full well that was basically the opposite of advisable. At that moment in time, he really could not be bothered about the rules.

Just as he was considering whether or not to call Fhuhhua and ask her if she was going to be heading home anytime soon because if so he wasn’t going to be there, he was out, he had the feeling something was… wrong. He couldn’t quite accurately describe it—but he had a feeling what it meant. Terror gripped him without warning. Guhl, guhl, Khusha please tell me you’re still keeping track of my vitals. SHENT!

He was falling.

...Was he falling? It was all so confusing, Chuttitehr didn’t know what was going on. Should he? Where was he?

An image flashed. At once, he didn’t see it, and yet he knew every detail of it at the same time. Where was he?

The smell of an overheating gun seared red-hot through his senses (since when did he know what an overheating gun smelled like? How much do you need to fire one in a short period of time in order to overheat it, anyway?), the faint sound of hissing soft, in the distance, and yet too loud too loud too loud SHUT UP—where was he?

Where was he? Green-yellow-blue-orange-pink-black moved in front of him. Was that someone speaking?

When was he standing, when did he pull the trigger, when was his sister holding him close, saying “shh, shh, calm down, don’t worry Khusha he’ll be alright, he’s always alright,” and why did it sound half like she was trying to comfort herself rather than Khusha?

Dimly through the haze he felt a flare of regret for being such a guhla to Khusha, and then he thought couldn’t even get through this without shenteem it up huh Chuttitehr and then it was warm, and soft, and he figured it would be alright to sleep. Just for a little while.

*~*~*~*

An alarm blaring into his decidedly non-spiky ear brought Khusha quite suddenly out of his peevish mood. He knew that alarm (and wished he didn’t, wished it wasn’t going off right then). Shent. Panic gripped at his throat and Khusha realized he was calling Fhuhhua; when had that happened? The next second, he realized he didn’t know what else to do.

Fhuhhua answered immediately. “Yes, Aashitehr Sheemuhra?” she asked, softly. Khusha caught himself before he screamed—he needed to calm down, calm down. Screaming at Fhuhhua wouldn’t help things, it would make everything terrible. “Khusha?” There was fear, just barely, in her voice, mixed with confusion and bewilderment. Did she sense that something was wrong? Khusha didn’t put it past her.

He breathed, “Chuttitehr—” his voice suddenly stopped, but that one word was all he really needed to say. Honestly, he couldn’t stop the rest from pouring out even if he tried. “I—you know I set an alarm to tell me—shent I need to, I need to stop just sitting—levels—” Khusha’s hands were shaking too much for him to make a shee. He felt tears stinging at the corners of his eyes. Useless useless you need to get to Chuttitehr, Khusha, hands stop shaking why are you shaking?

“Khusha—Khusha you can’t make a shee if you’re panicking like this, send me the levels.” Someone who didn’t know her well might’ve said Fhuhhua was unnaturally calm, almost to the point it seemed she might not care. Khusha had known her and her brother long enough to recognize the true fear in her voice. “Khusha. Now. Please.

He nodded, though she couldn’t see it, and breathed in. In the process of sending the levels to Fhuhhua he very nearly closed the window instead, drawing his hands away from the screen in a jerky motion until he had regained a little more control. Fhuhhua exhaled softly as the levels appeared on her own monitor.

"I'll get to work on the shee. How are Chuttitehr's vitals?"

"Um... he's, he's alright, I mean apart from the, the, I... he'll survive, he's going to be okay, we can send someone else to—" Khusha fell silent. Snakehair. Chuttitehr was in an ieshten, he was defenseless like that, and they needed to bring in Snakehair. "Fhuhhua, you have a... a gun, right?"

"No, I don't... wait. Why...?" Although he couldn't quite make out what came next, Khusha was pretty sure Fhuhhua had sworn. "Guhl." That was audible.

Khusha swallowed. How long the ieshten would last was anyone's guess, really, but he doubted it was going to be short. If Snakehair turned up while Fhuhhua was there, unarmed... he didn't want to endanger both Aashitehr Ieshus. "Grab one quickly, there's a... grab one," he finished. The muffled sounds of another swear and Fhuhhua moving rapidly around responded. He waited.

It was, he thought, aazhe waiting. Chuttitehr was... something to him, someone e he could count on and someone who could be counted on. Not just anybody would've set up an alarm to go off at the slightest sign of Chuttitehr going into an ieshten. It had taken not only aashtenes, but hhatenes to figure out how to get the computer to recognize the signs.

Briefly Khusha wondered if he would be better off not knowing, not having to panic while being completely incapable of doing... anything. No. He wouldn't. He could never forgive himself if he left Chuttitehr alone during an ieshten only because his friend's problems made him uncomfortable.

A short time later (though for Khusha it felt like days), Fhuhhua, sounding breathless, said, "Got one." She made a shee before Khusha could even answer. "Thank you, Khusha," she added as an afterthought, then stepped through.

The sound of someone muttering softly came through to Khusha from Fhuhhua's feed. He couldn't make out proper words, but he was fairly certain that it was Chuttitehr, and he was speaking in Shafhuahng. Just as he was about to ask if Chuttitehr was okay, he heard Fhuhhua exclaim, "Chuttitehr!" and then suddenly fall silent.

Khusha caught something from the corner of his eye. An update on Snakehair's location.

She was there.

Sharp, sudden breaths only just managed to assure him Fhuhhua was still alive. There was a faint curse, and a hissing noise—no, two hissing noises. Sand shifted beneath someone's feet. Silence.

Someone hit the ground and Fhuhhua was moving. The sound of her voice made Khusha suddenly aware he had been holding his breath. "Chuttitehr—I don't understand. This... this hasn't..."

"He's alright?"

"Yes," Fhuhhua replied, but there was an odd confusion in her voice. "Never—in an ieshten—that..." Once again, she trailed off.

"Snakehair?" Khusha had never heard Fhuhhua sound so lost before; it was disconcerting. Usually she was the more levelheaded, knowledgeable one of the two. She had clearance for things Khusha probably would live his entire life unaware of.

"Unconscious—"

"Oh, thank Hhatitehr." Khusha's tension and fear melted away. It was okay. It was all okay. "Good job, Fhuhhua." Strictly speaking, he shouldn't be referring to her by her first name, but he was just so relieved.

"No, Khusha... Khusha, I didn't hit her." No. That wasn't possible. Chuttitehr lost control of himself during an ieshten, no exceptions. "Chuttitehr..."

Khusha swallowed. "Come back to the station" was all he managed to say. Chuttitehr was safe. That was most important. They had Snakehair. Everything else was secondary.

He made his way over to the interrogation room in time to see Fhuhhua step out of a shee into the hallway, Chuttitehr limp in her arms apart from his twitching fingers, lips mumbling incoherent Shafhuahng. Khusha was so relieved to actually see him he forgot about Snakehair, moving forward to support Chuttitehr as Fhuhhua stepped back through the shee.

As he brought Chuttitehr over to the nearest seat, Khusha found, to his surprise, that Chuttitehr was actually saying a few intelligible words. 'Sheesas,' he was saying, over and over again, snatches of English phrases like 'too loud' and 'overheating' occasionally interrupting the flow of Shafhuahng. There was no reason as far as Khusha could tell for Chuttitehr to be saying those things, so he decided not to worry about it. There were times Chuttitehr muttered events yet to come, but afterwards he always went to nonsense combinations of words that made Khusha confused if he tried to think about it too much.

Chuttitehr was always paler than him, but as Khusha seated him he looked almost as white as his namesake, even his out-of-place dark blonde hair looking faded, soaked with sweat. It was short enough that Khusha didn't need to move it away to check the repressor on the back of Chuttitehr's neck. The usually calm, soft blue glow of the mechanism was replaced with flashing red and yellow. Not solid red, though, so the worst of the ieshten must be over.

Fhuhhua came back through the shee, Snakehair's limp arm slung roughly over her shoulder. She half-dragged the mercenary into the interrogation room and only barely stopped from throwing her into the seat, the restraints automatically extending from the armrests. As she stepped out, the soft hum of the barrier turning on was the only noise apart from Chuttitehr's muttering.

She sat down beside Chuttitehr and gently held him in her arms, whispering meaningless words of comfort. The lights still flashed red-yellow, and Khusha tried to hide his fear, growing once again.

"Don't worry Khusha, he'll be alright," she assured him. "He's always alright.”

Khusha wasn’t sure if she was comforting him, or herself. He just nodded and sighed. Nothing to do but wait for Chuttitehr to recover, and Snakehair to wake up.

WOOP WOOP ALIENS

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: