Cursed (A Magical Roleplay)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cursed (A Magical Roleplay)

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 am

When she tried to come back home, Ember Lynia and her two older sisters were cast out. The Haven of Angels, their home since forever, was no longer their Haven of Angels. It was simply the Haven of Angels.

They were cursed. Attacked by demons in the nearby forest. Overwhelmed and helpless against the onslaught, they were unable to stop their dark fate. Their feathers were turned black and full of malicious energy, and all they were was gone. Angel? Ha. What were they now but monsters?

All hope was not lost. There were other people like them. The cursed, the vampires, the werewolves, all those who had a horrible fate. They gathered together in a forest. Little were they aware there were those who wished to help them...

And those who wished to kill them.

The Cursed, the Curse-killers, and the Saviors. All three are in this mess, and they are in it together.

I'm going to do this with applications, since it seems to make sense to me after seeing it in the Eurel roleplay.

The template for this is...

Name:
Cursed, Curse-killer, or Savior?:
Curse/Reason for being a Curse-killer or Savior:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Abilities:
Notes:

I'll put Ember's template up either later today or tomorrow.

Accepted Guys

Lord HoNk:
Name: Johann
Cursed, Curse-killer, or Savior?: Cursed
Curse/Reason for being a Curse-killer or Savior: His curse is like the werewolf from the stories.
Appearance: While human: He is a young boy from Great Britain, He has short brown hair which he tries to keep neatly combed but it usually likes to stick up after the werewolf transformation, and also has light blue eyes. He wears a short-sleeved Tee shirt with an English Flag on the front, he wears pants ripped up to look like shorts. He wears a 24 hour watch on his right wrist, he also writes with his left hand. While Werewolf: He grows about 3 more feet than what his actual height is (5.2 ft.), Has a coat of 2 inch fur all around his body. But still wears the clothes even though they are stretched out to the point of ripping. The watch stays on because it stretches to the size comfortable to the wearer. He will sometimes rip the shirt off if he is running or fighting.
Backstory: He was born in a little town in the middle of Great Britain, while he was very young he was having no problem with his family whatsoever, but at age 10 the family will start to fight more often, then at age 12 the family spread apart leaving Johann with his mother, and his brother, Nathan, to live with his father. Then on his 14 birthday he was exploring the nearby forest to hunt food for him and his mother, while there he found this dead beast laying down, he thought it was a deceased bear and went to skin it for his mother, once he got closer it didn't look like any bear he ever saw, he eventually saw this strange necklace on the best and went to grab it. But as soon as his hands touched it, he felt a shock from the necklace and he couldn't let go, he eventually stopped being shocked and took the necklace off the beast, he glanced at it to see if there was anything on there that could have shocked him... but there was nothing on it, just a plain cross shaped bronze necklace. He then put it on to show his mother, but as soon as he got there it was turning night. Once the moon has caught his eyes he eventually felt this tingling in his stomach and then found himself on the ground yelling... no one heard his yelling which then turned into roaring, and for the whole night he was running around the forest as a monster! scratching trees and killing animals with his claws. Once day arrived most of the town was out looking for Johann, they found him in a ditch with nothing but him, his pants, watch, and the strange bronze necklace. Once he returned home he was then hugged by his mother then eventually scolded for being out so long, then being felt pity for what happened. He has no recollection of his curse at this moment, or of the night he was turned in. One night when he was having trouble sleeping, he woke up and went to glanced out the window, and there was just the moon off in the distance a few inches away from the trees it seemed, after a few seconds the feeling came back and he turned once more. Once the morning light arrived, his mother was brutalized by what seemed like claws, only few blamed Johann for his mother's death while others were thinking a monster broke in and attacked his mother. A few more days have passed and he has already began to understand how his curse works and tries to control it, and only a few people have seen him while in the form of the beast. He now wonders the forest in search of another town completely unaware of his curse. Maybe to find help or be killed by the townsfolk...
Abilities: As human: He has a skill in hunting and knows how to survive in the wilderness all by himself. He carries his hunting rifle and survival knife to help him on his journey, even though he has plenty of ammo for his Rifle he likes to stick with the knife and making traps for unsuspecting animals. As Werewolf: He gains running speed of those of a cheetah, his agility and balance improves dramatically, he gains razor sharp claws and teeth he uses to either attack animals or people hunting for him. He often gives of a large howl to signal his presence or to warn wolves of hunters. Wolves will also treat him as family (oddly the same to his human form) and sometimes bring him food if the hunt was bad that day.
Notes: This might not be all of the Bio, I am still trying to think of more abilities and weaknesses for the werewolf form. But other than that, I think it is going pretty swell.

Distracted Max:
Name: Romillie Duncan
Cursed, Curse-killer, or Savior?: Savior
Curse/Reason for being a Curse-killer or Savior: One of her closest friends got Cursed.
Appearance: She has very long, curly/springy (the best adjective would be River Song-esque, but it's longer and not as fluffed up, so I guess it's more 80's), light brown hair that sometimes gets in her hazel-colored eyes, freckled, slightly tanned skin, and a small scar on the back of her left hand from a fencing mishap. When not in costume, she wears a loose, long-sleeved, white babydoll shirt, denim jeans, and knee-high, brown leather boots. She's always wearing a necklace with a small, silver, Celtic knot pendant.
Backstory: While in high school, she was a champion on the fencing team. After graduating, she continued to use her skills in demonstrations with a traveling Renaissance fair. She and some other performers would demonstrate swordplay while wearing authentic costumes, but during one practice she accidentally cut her hand (no one is sure exactly what happened), leaving her with a scar.

Once, after a very successful opening night, one of her fencing buddies, Amanda, was nowhere to be found. She and one of the guys from Glass Blowing went to look for Romillie's friend, and found her, sort of. Amanda had been turned into a vampire. Completely out of control, Amanda attacked the duo. Romillie got away, but the other two were never seen after that.
Abilities: Romillie is talented with a sword, and she's very agile/acrobatic (she learned a lot of that from being with the Ren Fest).
Notes: Rom's parents weren't exactly proud of her, so some of her desire to help the cursed is because she wants to feel like she's doing something important.
Waiting Guys

Information on the Factions:

Cursed: Pretty self-explanatory. They're werewolves, vampires, etc. who have been cursed or changed for the worse by an outside entity.

Curse-killers: Again, self-explanatory. They're devoted to killing the cursed.

Saviors: Trying to save the cursed from their cursed state. They can be over-the-top occasionally in their dedication.

Last edited by Lady Nightmare on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cursed (A Magical Roleplay)

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:19 am

Name: Ember Samantha Lynia
Curse/Reason for being a Curse-killer or Savior: She was besieged by demons. All her light magic
Appearance: I'm working on a drawing at the moment. (But here's a picture: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif ) Ember has deep reddish brown eyes. Her skin is rather pale and she has long black hair. She wears a simple white dress with a V-shaped golden belt. It has two slits in the back for her black wings to protrude from. For shoes, they're slipper-like and white, around the edge gilded with gold. There are two black nubs right above her ears, which exude a dark blackish-blue aura and can transform into horns.
Backstory: Ember Lynia was the youngest sister of three. Caraini was the eldest, while Sapphire was in the middle. Last, of course, was Ember. Living in the Haven of Angels, having been created in a moment of pure happiness and light, they were pleased. They were educated in all magic, in the arcane. Ember was naturally attracted to healing magic and always wished to help people. It was her natural calling, you could say. Her two sisters--and she--were accident prone, so it was also quite useful.

The sisters frequently went exploring. The nearby forest was frightening, but exciting in that way. It was filled with shadow and the wonderful mysterious creatures you could never quite see.

It was also a place of darkness.

Demons were easily attracted to the place. And so it was that the three sister encountered them.

They had no chance. The demons ate away their pure magic and they were cursed. No longer fit to be called pure angels, they were thrown out the moment they tried to return to their haven's gates.

Branded the traitorous Demon's Angels, they were left to their own. Alone and abandoned, they wandered. How surprised they were to find a ragtag group similarly cursed as they were.
Abilities: Ember's flight is restricted--her wings are tainted with dark magic which is trapped their. This makes the wings more of a burden to her, though physically they should have no effect. The nubs above her ears exude a dark aura which is manipulable but never used. She is an accomplished healer. Additionally, she is able to control the wind admirably.
Notes: She'll just be default color 'cause I'm lazy. Her clothes are the same she wore as an angel. She keeps them as a reminder of her past. A little tidbit about the 'Demon's Angels'--in this world, they're angels who basically decided to turn and go to the demons. They were given power in darkness. Normally Demon's Angels are not considered cursed, since they are actually accepting power.

Last edited by Lady Nightmare on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:45 am

Name: Johann
Curse/Reason for being a Curse-killer or Savior: His curse is like the werewolf from the stories.
Appearance: While human: He is a young boy from Great Britain, He has short brown hair which he tries to keep neatly combed but it usually likes to stick up after the werewolf transformation, and also has light blue eyes. He wears a short-sleeved Tee shirt with an English Flag on the front, he wears pants ripped up to look like shorts. He wears a 24 hour watch on his right wrist, he also writes with his left hand. While Werewolf: He grows about 3 more feet than what his actual height is (5.2 ft.), Has a coat of 2 inch fur all around his body. But still wears the clothes even though they are stretched out to the point of ripping. The watch stays on because it stretches to the size comfortable to the wearer. He will sometimes rip the shirt off if he is running or fighting.
Backstory: He was born in a little town in the middle of Great Britain, while he was very young he was having no problem with his family whatsoever, but at age 10 the family will start to fight more often, then at age 12 the family spread apart leaving Johann with his mother, and his brother, Nathan, to live with his father. Then on his 14 birthday he was exploring the nearby forest to hunt food for him and his mother, while there he found this dead beast laying down, he thought it was a deceased bear and went to skin it for his mother, once he got closer it didn't look like any bear he ever saw, he eventually saw this strange necklace on the best and went to grab it. But as soon as his hands touched it, he felt a shock from the necklace and he couldn't let go, he eventually stopped being shocked and took the necklace off the beast, he glanced at it to see if there was anything on there that could have shocked him... but there was nothing on it, just a plain cross shaped bronze necklace. He then put it on to show his mother, but as soon as he got there it was turning night. Once the moon has caught his eyes he eventually felt this tingling in his stomach and then found himself on the ground yelling... no one heard his yelling which then turned into roaring, and for the whole night he was running around the forest as a monster! scratching trees and killing animals with his claws. Once day arrived most of the town was out looking for Johann, they found him in a ditch with nothing but him, his pants, watch, and the strange bronze necklace. Once he returned home he was then hugged by his mother then eventually scolded for being out so long, then being felt pity for what happened. He has no recollection of his curse at this moment, or of the night he was turned in. One night when he was having trouble sleeping, he woke up and went to glanced out the window, and there was just the moon off in the distance a few inches away from the trees it seemed, after a few seconds the feeling came back and he turned once more. Once the morning light arrived, his mother was brutalized by what seemed like claws, only few blamed Johann for his mother's death while others were thinking a monster broke in and attacked his mother. A few more days have passed and he has already began to understand how his curse works and tries to control it, and only a few people have seen him while in the form of the beast. He now wonders the forest in search of another town completely unaware of his curse. Maybe to find help or be killed by the townsfolk...
Abilities: As human: He has a skill in hunting and knows how to survive in the wilderness all by himself. He carries his hunting rifle and survival knife to help him on his journey, even though he has plenty of ammo for his Rifle he likes to stick with the knife and making traps for unsuspecting animals. As Werewolf: He gains running speed of those of a cheetah, his agility and balance improves dramatically, he gains razor sharp claws and teeth he uses to either attack animals or people hunting for him. He often gives of a large howl to signal his presence or to warn wolves of hunters. Wolves will also treat him as family (oddly the same to his human form) and sometimes bring him food if the hunt was bad that day.
Notes: This might not be all of the Bio, I am still trying to think of more abilities and weaknesses for the werewolf form. But other than that, I think it is going pretty swell.

Last edited by Lord HoNk on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Name: Romillie Duncan
Cursed, Curse-killer, or Savior?: Savior
Curse/Reason for being a Curse-killer or Savior: One of her closest friends got Cursed.
Appearance: She has very long, curly/springy (the best adjective would be River Song-esque, but it's longer and not as fluffed up, so I guess it's more 80's), light brown hair that sometimes gets in her hazel-colored eyes, freckled, slightly tanned skin, and a small scar on the back of her left hand from a fencing mishap. When not in costume, she wears a loose, long-sleeved, white babydoll shirt, denim jeans, and knee-high, brown leather boots. She's always wearing a necklace with a small, silver, Celtic knot pendant.
Backstory: While in high school, she was a champion on the fencing team. After graduating, she continued to use her skills in demonstrations with a traveling Renaissance fair. She and some other performers would demonstrate swordplay while wearing authentic costumes, but during one practice she accidentally cut her hand (no one is sure exactly what happened), leaving her with a scar.

Once, after a very successful opening night, one of her fencing buddies, Amanda, was nowhere to be found. She and one of the guys from Glass Blowing went to look for Romillie's friend, and found her, sort of. Amanda had been turned into a vampire. Completely out of control, Amanda attacked the duo. Romillie got away, but the other two were never seen after that.
Abilities: Romillie is talented with a sword, and she's very agile/acrobatic (she learned a lot of that from being with the Ren Fest).
Notes: Rom's parents weren't exactly proud of her, so some of her desire to help the cursed is because she wants to feel like she's doing something important.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm

I did Ember's template really badly (Lord HoNk this is all your fault) so I'm going back and redoing it.

@Lord HoNk: AAAAH BLOCKS OF TEXT no it's okay. You're definitely in. Johann FTW.

@Distracted Max: The backstory seems a little... empty to me somehow. It's nothing much, I still like it. Very Happy In any case, I'd say you're in. Editing on the backstory would be appreciated.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Sweet, even though I have no idea how exactly I can type that much :/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 pm

It must've been Johann.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Must have...

EDIT: I have added color to Johann's bio... just to help people understand which is which...

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 pm

(I really wanted more people to join... ah well.)

The forest is dark and empty. Ember flexes her wings and brushes her hair out of her eyes.

"Hello?"

She whispers the question. Her two sisters left to find another place a long, long time ago. Little Ember is all alone.

"I know you're there. Hello?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:02 pm

After what felt like hours Johann eventually stopped to rest underneath a tall tree. He took the time to observe his surroundings, all he saw was a very dark forest even though according to his watch it was still day out. He eventually heard some very faint words from behind the tree

"H- Hello?"

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Ember couldn't believe it. She had... she had heard someone. Immediately, she struggled to pick up where the sound had come from. She nervously tiptoed toward where she guessed the person would be.

"Ah!"

Suddenly, she had found him.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Sitting underneath the tree was a bruised teenager that has torn clothes and a large cut on his left arm

"Who are you?"

Johann said in a very weak voice

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Ember was shocked to see him.

"I'm Ember, but--more importantly--a-are you alright?"

In her hands a warm glow began to appear.

"I'm pretty good at healing. Just hold still..."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 pm

"Uhh... alright"

Johann tries his best to stay still as Ember starts to heal him

"My name is... Johann..."

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm

"Nice to meet you, Johann."

Ember blinks and stands up, looking at Johann for a moment.

"What are you doing here?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:24 pm

"I was hiding... I don't think I can actually tell you why"

Johann relaxes his muscles while trying to get himself standing upright

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

"Oh... that's okay."

Ember adjusts her hair, moving it out of her face again. This action reveals the black nubs in her hair.

"Well, if you're hiding, you have to be careful here. Dark things happen here. People are cursed..."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Johann gets a surprised look on his face

"Others get cursed as well?"

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

"Why... yes..."

Ember blinked. Johann was cursed?

"Uh... demons are often present here..."

She winced, trying not to get into the subject.

"People can get cursed, like me."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

"Well what happened to you?"

Johann says while touching the cross necklace

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 pm