The Corrupt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Corrupt

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 am

All because of this:

Lord Fuse wrote:So let's see, in our little dystopia...

Elder is the killer the government supports

I'm the crazy ruler

Johann is the cruel slave master

Bloons is the torturer

Lady Nightmare wrote:Guy is the oppressed people

She wrote:I'm the rebel that will eventually overthrow said corrupt government.

So now, let's write a story with this, huh?

No one could remember a time before the Fusion. All everyone could remember was what happened afterwards, when one man gained all the power, all the technology, all the people under his rule. They only knew him by Fuse; it was a fitting name, given he was the one who started the Fusion, merging every country into one. And then, despite what they had said, of many rulers overseeing their united world, he took complete and utter control.

One of the factors contributing to his undisputed rule was his 'friendly helper,' one they called Nightmare. Once again, the crude alias fit; she struck fear into every one of Fuse's 'subjects'—she was the stuff of nightmares. Her mind was completely crushed into a fine powder where all she thought of was death. No one could escape her keen eye; no one could run from her brutal blade.

Fuse counted on two others for help. One was Johann, a man who watched over his 'subjects'—more like slaves. He kept them working, working into the long dark hours of the night. He kept any rebellion down; he prevented any possibility of a revolt.

And then, when one came who Johann could not halt, there was a crazed man they knew by Bloons; he called himself that, as did his cohorts. He knew exactly how to cause pain, and he had no fear of the blood and open wounds his occupation warranted. It was possible he was feared as much as Nightmare. To be given to him was worse than death.

Now, we must note two citizens of this totalitarian dystopia: Guy and Max. Guy was your perfect example of a controlled citizen, bending to every whim of Fuse and Johann above him. He never spoke Nightmare's name, nor thought a single thought of revolt. When Bloons was simply mentioned to him he would quiver like a leaf in the wind.

Max was his complete opposite. Bold and fearless, she was determined to stand up. She was scared of nothing. Nightmare, with her eerily cheerful descriptions of death, did not strike fear into her heart. Bloons was simply a mispronunciation of balloons in her book. Max would stand up.

Max would rise.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Corrupt

Post by Lowell on Thu May 09, 2013 1:37 am

Eh, can I be the anti-hero that wants to get back at Fuse for creating this government?

Rank 4 Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 am

I love it already.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu May 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Sure Riku~ Also thanks Max! Very Happy Nightmare actually has more depth of character than simple psychopathic murderer, you and story-you will be surprised.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri May 10, 2013 12:26 am

"Fuse."

"Mm?" Blinking, the man turned his head to face the speaker. "Yes?" he queried, rather snappishly.

The woman sighed, clearly annoyed. "Really? Annoyed at that?... in any case, you're more of an idiot than I thought if you really haven't noticed what's going on."

"What do you mean, 'what's going on?'" Fuse snapped, his hands moving forward on his seat with the rest of his body. His bright purple eyes flickered away from the woman who had spoken and towards the dark hallway in front of him. He frowned, moving one of his hands as to lean on it. A small sound was made as his metal gloves tapped against his seat.

"Oh, I think you know. I don't even need to be here anymore." The woman's voice was jeering; she was laughing at Fuse inside. There was a whisper of a sound as she moved from her unseen perch to another place. Fuse's eyes showed visible anger for only a few moments, and after that, he sighed and leaned back in his seat.

"What is going on?" he mused softly to himself. His mind raced to grab at whatever clues he could find. It would reasonably be about the public. I know nothing about the public, Fuse scolded himself. He sighed and closed his eyes. Travis is bound to know, though...

He tapped his fingers, electricity sparking between them. Shortly, a screen popped up. Fuse smiled.

"Travis. I would like to speak to Travis."

For a few moments, the screen flickered uncertainly. But soon enough, Travis' familiar face appeared. His brown hair was currently in his eyes, but in a matter of seconds, he had cleared it out.

"Fuse. What are you doing contacting me for no reason?" Travis didn't sound angry, per se; he just sounded a little surprised.

"I'd, uh..." Fuse gritted his teeth for a moment. She was making a fool of him. On purpose. "Are there any... going ons in the public?"

"What do you think? Johann's had a heck of a job trying to keep them quiet. We were really close to having Bloons... take one of our little friends." Travis sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I'm worried about one... vigilante in particular."

"Mm?" Fuse was now interested.

"Calls himself 'Riku.' He... has a sort of grudge against you."

Fuse thought for a moment. "Terra?..." he mused to himself. Riku, Terra, they were equal as his friend's names... "I know who it is. Any more items of concern?"

Travis shook his head. "None that I know of. Johann said he'd do a... routine check. If he finds anything, I'll tell you."

Fuse waved his hand dismissively. "Thank you, Travis."

Travis merely nodded. The screen flicked out.

Fuse leaned back. He wasn't entirely sure whether he was satisfied or not. He was sure that she had just wanted to annoy him.

That woman.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 am

"REPLACEMENT #24390789673218542 YOU ARE NEEDED

AND SO IS THE CLEANUP TEAM

AND PREPARE THE CREMATORIUM"

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri May 10, 2013 7:48 pm

...what

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Now this is a cool story... But do I have to be the big wimp?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowell on Fri May 10, 2013 9:54 pm

No mercy, Arthur.

Justice will be served at any cost. It reaches you from anywhere, at any time.

Rank 4 Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Riku wrote:No mercy, Arthur.

I'm ready for ye, Terra!

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Prepare your body

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Just let Elder write the dang story, y'all!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Fine

*Crosses arm like a annoyed toddler*

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat May 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Yorf screw you lot if you do this on my story thread then I won't write it at all

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun May 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Riku pulled his hood further over his face, cloaking it as much as he could in shadow. He did not want to be found out; after all, there were rumors floating around of Johann, that cruel slave driver, would soon be coming to investigate the area. Though wearing a black hoodie covering almost half of his face might be conspicuous, the time it would take for someone to remove his hood would no doubt be enough for him to make a quick escape.

There was still some disbelief in his mind concerning how Fuse had... betrayed him. He'd trusted the older man when they'd talked first, him 12, Fuse... 28 or so. Who would've known? The man had appeared no older than fourteen, fifteen at the very most. How silly of me. It was a lapse in my judgment to trust him like that, Riku thought to himself, smirking.

The Fusion had happened five years ago. One year after he'd thought he could... he could trust someone. He gritted his teeth and started walking, his fists clenched and his legs stiff.

He hadn't been paying attention, and suddenly found his shoulder connecting with someone else's... face. Unconsciously, he winced, as it sounded quite painful. Both he and the girl he had bumped into stepped back and exchanged quick apologies.

"Um, sorry," he muttered briskly, immediately walking past her and further into the city. The girl blinked for a moment, touching her nose gingerly. It was okay; it felt a little sore, but it was not broken. Now that her nose's state was ascertained, she turned to look at the person who had bumped into her. By now he was just a dark shape in the distance.

Frowning slightly, Max rubbed her nose suspiciously again. It was a bit odd to be wearing a pitch black hoodie--not to mention the hood covering almost all of one's face. Then again, she thought as a cold wind caused her to shiver and hug herself tightly, in November, maybe it's not such a bad idea.

Her attention drifted from the person who had bumped into her to a large billboard, flickering from one message to another. As her eyes focused on it, the message changed from something concerning a business (which she was not very interested in) to something about an address their 'Lord Fuse' was going to give on... November 15th. It was a Wednesday, six days from the present day.

She shrugged, looking around for Guy, who she could've sworn had been with her... oh.

"Guy!"

Guy turned around to face her, a little surprised. "Max? Yeah?"

"Get over here!" Max couldn't help but smile a little to herself. "Come on!"

Guy ran straight over, breathing a little heavily. "What is it?"

"We'd better walk home now." Max grinned, patting Guy on the back. "What time is it?"

He checked his watch. "Uh, 4:15. Yeah... yeah, we'd better go home now." He laughed a little. "Like... right now."

Max raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by--"

She was abruptly cut off by Guy shoving her along. "Johann's shown up!" he harshly whispered. "Let's get moving!"

Though Max was not very bothered, she didn't want to walk home by herself, and started to run, Guy following straight behind her.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat May 18, 2013 11:46 pm

"Johann called back," Fuse called out into the shadows of the room, his voice carrying a dismissive tone. "He said that there wasn't much to be bothered about. He hasn't been able to pinpoint our... little friend, either."

Shoes softly clicked against the stone and metal floor. Fuse's eyes shifted imperceptibly as someone moved.

"So?" she called, sounding bored and disappointed in Fuse's report.

"Might you be able to find him?"

She walked forward briskly, coming to a stop a few feet from Fuse. In the light, she could be properly seen. Her jet-black hair hung in sorted strands, tipped at the end in cold steel. Underneath the purple tint of her helmet's visor, her eyes could not be seen. Her entire body was covered in a black and purple metal and cloth suit, fitting her snugly. To her sides were two sheaths, as they appeared, each holding a knife. Emblazoned over her suit was an odd symbol, a triangle, crossed vertically as if it was a cage.

"I'm not a spy." Her voice carried a laughing, eerie tone to it. As she spoke, she waved her left hand around in varied gestures. "Go ask some other toys to run along."

"Oh no. I'm asking you to run along." Fuse stepped forward threateningly, his right hand clenching into a fist. "Go, you mad--"

"No."

"I expected no less," he hissed. "Well. Don't you like your... suit?" he asked, smirking.

The woman froze.

"Yes, well, if you do... then go ahead. Leave."

She unfroze, her hands forming fists.

"Now, Nightmare. I'm not joking."

"Fine," she spat, turning on her heel and leaving. Her shoes' clicking faded away quickly.

"That threat never fails," Fuse remarked, smiling. He turned to his seat's armrest and a screen soon unfolded in front of his face. "Where is Nightmare?" he asked.

After a flurry of images, Nightmare finally appeared on his screen. She had exited the Citadel an... unorthodox way, and was now perched at a high vantage point.

"Good. Let's see what happens next."

(Sorry this sucks, but whatevs.)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 18, 2013 11:53 pm

It was pretty good actually. I just think you need to be more clear Clearer with who is talking...

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat May 18, 2013 11:54 pm

xD Lol, sorry. I thought the dialogue was clear enough... I can see why it might not make sense, though.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Yeah, I got confused at the dialogue parts that are in their very own section. With the He or She said in it...

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:55 am

Max was sitting in her cramped room, half-asleep in her chair, when something made her snap straight to attention. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she felt something wrong. Automatically, she turned around and scanned her room.

"Who's there?" she asked, barely keeping her voice from wavering.

A shadow flitted by her window. Max began to stand up from her seat, but it was only a bird. Its feathers were messy and oddly crumpled in places. It opened its beak a fraction--and suddenly was snatched off.

"What the he--"

Max was cut off by a sickening crunch and muffled, angry, words. She stood and walked as silently as she could to the window, peering out. 

Outside, Nightmare clung to the wall, scooting a little to the right as she noticed the girl staring out of the window at her. Did I slip? she asked herself, trying to remain as inconspicuous as possible. After a few moments, the girl's interest changed from outside the window back to her own room. Nightmare let out a breath and shuffled along the roof edge, then pulled herself up.

She'd crushed a pigeon. Its matted feathers, bone, and flesh coated the tips of her right hand's fingers and a small amount along the edge of the roof. Nightmare drew a breath in and looked around to see if she could clean it off. Making a face, she wiped her hand on the roof and decided to move on.

Max sighed and detached the Screen, sliding it off from around her ear. She detached the rectangular prism from the part holding it to her ear and stretched it out.

The thin film flickered and showed the chat she had been having with Guy earlier. She set the Screen down, put the ear piece around her ear, and typed something.

Max: Hey Guy

-Today at 4:09 pm-

Max: Guy reply

-Today at 4:10 pm-

Max: ....

-Today at 4:11 pm-

Guy: hi

Max: what took you so long?

Guy: sorry

Guy: i got delayed

Max: ok

Guy: what is it?

Max: something really crepy just happened

Max: creepy*

Guy: what?

Max: so there was a pigeon outside my window

Max: and I heard someone yell

Max: or something like that

Guy: that's weird

Max: yeah

Max: and then the pigeon got snatched away

Max: I don't know where it went

Max: it didn't sound good

Guy: ...

Guy: uh...

Max: yeah.

Guy: I don't really know what to say to that

-Today at 4:23 pm-

Max stared at her Screen, uncertain of what to reply. She shut the Screen and returned it to her earpiece, then leaned back in her chair.

What the heck just happened? she wondered, trying to think of all of the possibilities.

Outside, Nightmare found a convenient rooftop and leaped.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum