To Force Change: Character Submissions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To Force Change: Character Submissions

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:51 pm

You haven't seen one of these threads in... quite a while, haven't you? In any case, don't get used to them again. You certainly won't be seeing them from me again anytime soon.

Anyway, I'll shut up about the rarity of character submission threads for stories and get on with the actual character submitting.

Be warned: nothing will make sense if you don't read the introduction here.

First off, some guidelines:

1. Don't be white-haired and pale-eyed. The chances of that occurring is one in one billion.
Spoiler:
And we already have our one.

2. There are only two variants of Mutata present in any human at any time. It is possible to only have one variant, but this is only slightly less rare than being white-haired and pale-eyed.

3. Due to the way magic works on Aegnara, ranged attacks are very, very hard to do. Most students who aren't demutators yet can only reach maybe a foot with their magic, peaking at a foot and a half. As another magic-related note, most people who work with Fire wear gloves to protect their hands and forearms.

4. Use grammar, spelling, and the general rules of writing correctly in your entry. It isn't first come first serve, but I'll judge based on quality.

5. By the way, there isn't actually a uniform at the boarding school Esa and Bao are going to, where the story will at least start off being set. So feel free with your character's clothing.

6. Your character has to be at least 15. Preferably all characters are 15 (for major characters only; minor characters can be older or younger), but it's alright if they're maybe a year older.

7. Your character will make the most sense if they're either high middle-class or a noble, but low middle-class works too. I'm not planning on including any royalty, buuuuut if the submission's really good, I'll consider it.

8. You may submit multiple times, but only one major character will be accepted! Two minor characters will be accepted, but only if you do not have a major character in the story.

9. I forgot this earlier, but the name of the boarding school they're going to is... Olaenis Academy of Mutatis, usually called Olaenis.

I'll accept four characters at most, but three may be possible. If there's a lack of participation, then I'll still only take the characters I'm pleased with.

For now, I'm getting major characters. Be warned: you can only have one major character, and then you're done submitting. You can have two minor characters, however, which I will choose later on.

Here's the character submission template:

Name:

Age and Birthday: (If you're undecided, I'll just make up a birthday)

Family and Class: (noble, high middle-class, or low middle-class. Family you can skip out on.)

Mutata Variants:

Appearance:

Personality and Alignment: (From here: http://easydamus.com/alignment.html)

History:

Notes:

As an example, Esa's template is in the spoiler.

Esa Mien Fallore:

Name:
Esa Mien Fallore

Age and Birthday: 15, born the 21st of the 7th month, 1994.

Family and Class: Noble
Mother: Annora Fallore, noble
Father: Tabor Fallore, né Befrin
Half-Brother: Bao Fallore, son of Rhea Oubli and Tabor Fallore

Mutata Variants: Her major one is fire and her minor earth.

Appearance: (I'm currently working on a drawing of her.) Esa has straight hair like red gold, which she keeps in a ponytail, though some shorter hairs fall into her face. In the ponytail, it reaches about three inches past her shoulders. Her eyes are a bright emerald green, and her skin a creamy pale colors. She is 5' 6" in height, and just a bit on the skinny side, appearing rather pretty. She wears a simple blue cloth shirt with a slit in the collar, through which her white undershirt can be seen. The sleeves of the blue cloth shirt end at her elbow. Continuing two or three inches from her elbow are gloves. The underlying material is black leather, though the fingers are black cloth. On either side of the gloves, strips of brown leather nearly touching the edges of the gloves are located, with two rows of metal studs running down them.

She wears simple, cream colored shorts, and brown leather riding boots reaching almost to her knee.

Personality and Alignment: Esa's alignment could best be described as True Neutral. She does what is good for her and what she feels motivated to do, though she will stop to consider other alternatives that people suggest. Occasionally, she may agree with the alternative.

Esa is not lazy by any stretch of the imagination; she works hard and wants to do well in everything. She does harbor some ill will against her father, since he was often distant in her childhood. Since her mother taught her most of what she knows about mutatis and was a largely influential presence in her early life, she tends to side with her mother.

History: Esa was born rather uneventfully to a noble family, the first child her father and mother had had. However, a few months later, when her half-brother was born as a result of adultery on her father's side, her world slowly cracked.

Her father, who had earlier been quite cheery and kind to her, drew away to attend to her half-brother, Bao, leaving her to be taught by her mother. Luckily, her mother was quite a good teacher and role model, meaning Esa was brought up well. Despite her mother attempting to make Esa follow the law by the book, though, Esa decided to go her own way.

From then on, her life was uneventful, going to school to learn more mutatis and so on. However, a little after she turned fifteen and the truth started to spill about Bao's birth to the public, her mother and father started arguing, her mother threatening divorce.

Entirely against her will, her father sent her and her brother, Bao, to Olaenis Academy of Mutatis. And so the story begins.

Notes:
None.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: To Force Change: Character Submissions

Post by Andrew on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Name: Tyo "Slider" Benz

Age and Birthday: 15, born on the 19th of the 8th month, 1994.

Family and Class: Low class, I suppose? He lives fairly well, but check out the history thing. His foster family would be a bunch of nobles, though.

Mutata Variants: Major variant is darkness, minor variant is ice.

Appearance: A tall, thin man. He usually wears a black jacket with blue flames on it, black pants/shoes, and a blue shirt.

Personality and Alignment: http://easydamus.com/chaoticneutral.html

Tyo wants people to be free to do what they like, so long as it isn't morally wrong. The thing about this is, at the same time, whenever the government seems to expand a bit, and restrict those who live below it, Tyo is usually found staging attacks on government controlled facilities.

History: Tyo lost his parents a little while after he was born, and despite being adopted to a loving family, he left them when he found out that they weren't his real family, and took to the streets. That was 2 years ago. He learned most things on his own, but this came at a cost, causing most of his elemental attacks to either grow into something he can't control, and cause him to go into a bit of a rage as the excess attack power is burned off, or the attack would simply shatter.

Recently, though, during one of his attacks, he was caught. His foster family managed to make it so that he wouldn't go to prison, but instead, go to the Academy, under close watch. Right now, he's planning ways to escape the Academy, after he gets full control of the Mutata.

Notes: I listened to a lot of Jet Set Radio music while making this character.

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wataru Kurenai on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:54 pm

P
Name:Rai Alexander Brainstein

Age and birthday: 15 born on the 15th of the 12th month

Family and class:Son of Rai And Shine 
Speaks sometimes with an accent and Is like my father 
Brave and like a leader.

Mutata Variants:Major Is darkness minor is lightning

Appearance:Black hair like my  my dad and electric blue/ pale eyes like my mother
Wears a blue jacket with a star on it 
Pants are blue with ghouls on the side 
Shoes are white and gold

Personality :Rai thinks highly of himself and other nobles
He looks down on a few people
But still he has a kind heart 
Is close friends with Esa
He wants the world to be peaceful

History:He has always been outshines by his siblings but tried to rise to the top
When he was younger his powers or mutata was received after a tragic accident that will not happen

His parents was kind enough to let him have friends because they wanted him to be safe from all troubles

Last edited by XxNightFangxX on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wataru Kurenai
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

Currently playing : Fire emblem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Name: Qan Darkblithe

Age and Birthday: 9th day of 3rd month in 1994

Family and Class: Low-middle

Mutata Variants: Darkness and Light

Appearance: He has deep black hair with bright yellow eyes. He wears a hoodie to darken his face to hide the sadness and pain he feels. He wear black pants and tethered shoes. He could have better items but he chooses these.

Personality and Alignment:Dark, but peaceful, Chaotic Neutral
History: He is a child who has spent his years alone in an abandoned home. He would arrive from school every day and return to his dark abode. He had no family. He didn't have many friends, if not none at all. He never smiled, life was just a wreck, but he kept on going, hoping it would all get better for him. He was wrong. It got worse, the only people he considered friends died one day. They were walking to school and it came out of nowhere. It hit them. He was lucky he made it out alive. After witnessing his friends death, his personality grew darker. He was alone for good. He knew it. He wouldn't leave the abandoned home for anything. He was lost within himself. He was hurt. He eventually went back three years later, aged 15. He still carries around the sadness of his friends deaths.

Notes: More open to be persuaded by evil than good.

Last edited by Qan Belmont on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Chiller, thriller, vampire killer
Chiller, thriller, vampire killer

Currently playing : LiFe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:10 pm

@Fuse: Good submission. I likey, and Tyo will be in the story.

@Qan: The only thing I have to pick at is being low-middle class. It would make more sense to be a noble. Otherwise, I doubt the funds would be there to go to Olaenis, since it's pretty prestigious... and expensive. Now the Time variant issue is cleared, it's all good. Smile

@Night: Rai looks like a Lawful Good character? Neutral Good? Unsure, but he's somewhere in the 'Good' spectrum. Anyway, other than the alignment not being there, s'all good.

Currently waiting on Travis.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Name: Mayaza Strell

Age and Birthday: 15, 12th of the 14th month, 1994

Family and Class: High-middle class

Mutata Variants: Major Dark and Minor Fire

Appearance: Long black hair reaching to her lower back, she has Dark Red eyes that change to red when she is enraged. She has pale smooth skin and always wears black eyeliner across her left eye. She stands at 5' 7" and is very skinny. She wears different designer clothes as long as most of the garment is black or red. She normally wears sandals even in the winter and enjoys walking around barefoot when she can.

Personality and Alignment: Chaotic Evil

History: Mayaza was raised in a nice home with her wealthy famliy. As the oldest of 3 her parents expected her to behave like an older sister. May did not enjoy this at all and made several attempts to separate herself from her family, several of these attempts we're thwarted by her two younger siblings who constantly told her whereabouts to her mother and father. May grew ever tired of them until one day on her twelfth birthday she tried to sneak out of the house and her seven year old brother caught her. When her brother said that he would tell on her she pretended to cry and then collapsed onto her knees. Feeling bad the boy rushed to try and calm her down only to find out that she was acting. May jumped onto her brother and strangled him to death. the sounds of her brother's cries and the tears in his eyes brought joy to the young girls heart. As the boy breathed his last breath May leaned onto him kissed his forehead. May then staged the boy's death to make it look like her mother killed the boy. Her mother was given a death sentence and the sentence was shortly carried out. At the age of 14 May lived with her Father and her younger sister. On her fifteenth birthday she was invited to a party that some of her friends we're attending. Upon asking her father her request was declined because he planned to take her and her sister out for her birthday. May did not enjoy the answer and paid an assassin to kill her Father and Sister. She did so and told her father that she would be getting a ride to the restaurant  that he wanted to take her to. He hugged her and told her that they would meet her there. May left to the party and then returned home. Upon returning home she was greeted by police. Fear gripped her heart as she thought that she had been caught. Instead the police told her about how her Father and sister died. She began to "Cry" and asked to be left alone. The Police left her at her home and after she made sure that they we're gone she began to celebrate her new life as a "Free bird". She has been living with her family's fortune and thinks nothing of the crimes she committed.

Notes: She is also Promiscuous

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 pm

@Travis: Good! Now that the car and movie theater are replaced, it's acceptable.

Since I didn't have the heart to pick three best ones out of these submissions, all four will be getting in. ^_^ Next up, minor characters can be submitted. The number accepted I'm not sure about.

Night, Travis, Fuse, and Bloons now cannot submit minor characters.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunther Magnuson on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Name: Beliin Toash

Age and Birthday: *Shrug*

Family and Class: Noble

Mutata Variants: Major: Light Minor: Ice

Appearance: Beliin, has spiky grey hair and blue eyes. He is tall and thin and always wears fitted suits that come different colors

Personality and Alignment: Lawful Good

History: Beliin was raised by his father who was the one of the leaders of making sure that crime was stopped(Whatever you want to call it Elder).
He was taught that even the theft of an apple was considered a huge crime. He never had friends since they were scare that what they did would get them put away, So he always had time to study and is somewhat of a super genius.

Notes: He is very scared of females and dogs.

Rank 4 Poster
Rank 4 Poster

Currently playing : MvC series

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum