Blood

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blood

Post by Andrew on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:02 pm

DISCLAIMER 1: Subject name might change when Elder comes up with a better name.
DISCLAIMER 2: OUR VAMPIRES ARE NOT LIKE YOUR VAMPIRES. This is our (Well, more of my) take on the vampire lore. A lot of things are going to be different. And no, Dragon, our vampires are not shiny.

My name... is Cecil.

Hello there... you might be wondering exactly who I am, aside from my name. It's more important that you know WHAT I am. I'm the first, and (as far as I know) the last of the vampire lords.

The year was 1692, and I was on a quest to defeat a witch. The end result was that I was cursed, and supposed to be transformed into a massive, bat-like beast, then go out to destroy civilization. However, before I left for my quest, I was given a protection rune, which was intended to negate curses. In the end, the rune was shattered, and only part of the spell worked. I gained bat-like qualities, and as time went on, the ability to even turn into one. I had extreme strength, practical immortality, and most of all, an insatiable thirst for blood.

I became the first vampire. I started out feeding off of my own farm animals. Eventually, the hunger grew, and I ran out of animals. I had to start feeding off the animals of other people, but my appearance had changed enough for people to know I was a creature of darkness. People began to notice. One night, I was attacked by a lone man in the forest. After an easy fight, my hunger began to take control of my mind...

That man was my first human victim.

It seemed that if my victim was human, when they died to my bite, they would come back as another creature like myself, a vampire, albeit much weaker. Over time, their hunger would grow, too, and our numbers began to multiply. It was a very rare chance, but some of their victims would gain power like mine. Usually, the victim was killed while using magic of some sort, but in even rarer cases, a normal person would become a vampire lord, too. Most of these new lords went out to make their own armies, but some of them stayed with me and helped me conquer a great deal of land.

Eventually, a day came where armies were capable of driving back my forces and the armies of the other lords. A knight in white armor came, killing off the lords themselves one by one. My castle was the final one left, and my army fought bravely, killing off most of the knight's army... but not him. We did battle, my attacks were countered at every turn, and I was knocked to the ground.

Cecil... I don't want to kill you, but if it will stop the vampiric menace, I shall do what I must. I pray that you'll be forgiven when you reach the other side... brother.

The knight was my own brother, Gregory, and not even I had the heart to attack him after I heard his words. Of course, right before his blade was driven through my heart, a loyal mage cast a spell, teleporting my castle into a realm made out of pure darkness, and leaving Gregory behind.

Now, all of these years later... I'm free again... and the humans will pay. Gregory isn't here to stand for them, and he's been forgotten. He's the one who saved them, and vampires are put off as a myth. A myth, for all the work he did! Luckily for me, my hunger has grown greatly over the years. It shouldn't be any problem to start it all over again... and to get my revenge.

~~~

Welcome to Blood, a roleplay hosted by myself, the not-so-great-and-not-so-mighty Fuse, and Elder. (AKA The person who is willing to kill us all ;_: ) Blood is the story of the reawakening of the remains of the vampires, and the world trying to fight back.

~~~

SETTING

Blood takes place in a world slightly more advanced than our own. Despite most things being about the same, even a common man can obtain a mechanical suit, assuming they can pay the price. Some of the suits' more vital parts are sold on their own for much cheaper, though, allowing people to accomplish many tasks greater than before. Many people refuse to use the suits, though, preferring to use their own skills. With the vampire threat rising again, the suits are now being given out so people can protect themselves.

RULES/COMBAT SYSTEM/GENERAL INFO

A few things you need to understand about the combat system, and roleplay in general:

• Dice are NOT used for normal attacks, but for magic attacks or special abilities.
  • You may only dodge twice for page
  • You may only have ONE magic attack or special ability
  • There will be 3 vampires at first (Who I will invite), but if you are bit and want to become a vampire, you may become one. The bite doesn't have a 100% kill/transformation rate.
  • If you become a vampire, resubmit your character with the vampire template.
  • If you didn't read the disclaimers, read them now.
  • Elder/Usuk is the co-host of this, and will moderate it now and then.

ABILITIES
You may choose ONE of these abilities, and put it in your template. To know if an ability is successful or not, it will show an image of a character performing the move if it succeeds, and shows a red X if it fails.

VAMPIRE FACTION
Dark Magic, which can be used ONCE PER PAGE, and has a 50% chance of working. It fires a simple blast of dark energy.
Meteor Strike, which can be used ONCE EVERY 2 PAGES, and has a 40% chance of working. It causes meteors to fall around the caster.
Unholy Power, which can be used ONCE EVERY 5 PAGES (But ONLY if the ability is successful, otherwise there is a 1 page cooldown before it can be tried again.) and has a 10% chance of working. It transforms the caster into a massive beast, and will cause them to be near-invincible.

HUMAN FACTION
Repulsor blast, which can be used TWICE PER PAGE, and has a 50% chance of working. It fires a simple blast of energy, but is weaker than dark magic.
Sonic uppercut, which can be used ONCE PER PAGE, and has a 60% chance of working. It knocks the opponent high into the air, leaving them open to attack.
Jet Ram, which can be used ONCE EVERY 2 PAGES, and has a 60% chance of working. It causes the user to fly into the opponent at high speeds, smashing them through walls, or possibly crushing walls in the way.

TEMPLATES

VAMPIRE TEMPLATE:
Name:
Magic spell:
Combat techniques:
Personality:
Notes:

HUMAN TEMPLATE:
Name:
Appearance:
Special ability:
Weapons:
Personality:
Notes:

MY CHARACTER/EXAMPLE

Name: Cecil
Appearance: A tall man, wearing a ripped up red cloak, with many different layers of patches over it. He has white hair, pale skin, and red eyes.
Magic spell: Unholy Power
Combat techniques: Cecil is a fast fighter, and usually uses dark magic to transform his hand into a massive blade in a fight. If outmatched with a blade, he can also resort to magic spells (Different from the ones above, they aren't anywhere near as powerful), or transform into a bat to escape.
Personality: Cecil is cold and ruthless towards normal humans, and enjoys killing them in as many different ways possible before he drinks their blood. He's very friendly to the vampires, though, and actually works to defend them, often blaming his hatred for humans on their hatred for him, claiming that if they let him live in peace, feeding off animals, he would have had no reason to fight back.
Notes: This song might as well be Cecil's theme.

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blood

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Name: Hecate 'Kate' Lanbar, née Banner

Appearance: Jet black hair reaching three inches past her shoulders frames a pale-skinned, delicate, and pretty face. Other than her oddly pale skin and reddish-purple, lifeless eyes, Hecate could easily be called a normal human. At first glance, she wears little armor, but she in fact does have some, hidden under her clothing. A dark and grayish-purple striped beanie covers most of her head, but is in fact lined inside of the cloth by a thin sheet of a resistant metal. To match it, she has a purple wool sweater with a thin, bulletproof vest underneath, though the vest itself is over a white cloth undershirt. Black leggings and purple boots complete the outfit.

Here's a picture.

Height: 5' 9".

Weight: ~130 lbs

History:
Hecate, or 'Kate,' was happily married to Daniel Lanbar before she died to Cecil's bite. They lived happily together in a small apartment until Dan bought a small house, a peaceful place in the wilderness, and told her to go ahead and settle in while he dealt with some things. Kate went ahead and waited for Dan patiently. They conversed rarely over e-mail or Skype, but Kate became increasingly worried as time grew on. The two began to converse through e-mail.

(In spoilers due to length.)
Kate:
Dear Dan,

I can't help but miss you a lot. It's really lonely here. When do you think that you'll be able to come?

Love, Kate
Daniel:
Dear Kate,

I'm sorry, but it'll take a while before I can come. I know it's been a long time, and I miss you too, but I'm having a lot of trouble over here.

Love, Dan
Kate:
Dan, I can go to you if you're having trouble and help you. I'm just worried.
Daniel:
Kate, trust me. It's all okay.
Daniel:
Do you know the song 'Scarborough Fair?'
Kate:
Wasn't that a Simon and Garfunkel one? What do you mean by that?
Kate:
Dan? What do you mean?
Daniel:
In Daniel's drafts

Kate, you don't need to do any impossible tasks for me. There's no 'Scarborough Fair' song going on. I'm comi
Daniel was killed. Hecate never heard the news; no one ever heard the news. There was no news report, no nothing. He just disappeared, off of the face of the earth.

She continued to send frantic e-mails, wondering where he was. Gradually, Hecate began to lose hope. As her hope drained, so did her interest in life. She sat there listlessly, wondering what to do. Eventually, she went out to the nearby forest to think it all over.

And so she died.

Magic spell: Dark energy sphere

Combat techniques: Hecate uses agility to surprise her opponents, meaning she does fight physically, but mostly to stun, disarm, incapacitate, or to simply maneuver around. She also manipulates her magic in unorthodox ways, usually messing with her dark energy sphere to change its shape, and possibly powering her punches with it. Some weaker spells also suffice for simple, weak blasts, none of them near the power of the dark energy sphere, and she has a miniscule amount of healing ability.

Personality: Hecate is bitter towards the world in general, though her anger and lust for revenge only applies towards the humans. She seeks out her husband, Daniel, in order to kill him as brutally as she can, and doesn't care how much collateral damage there is. In fact, she sometimes going to extremes to kill as many as she can, though only for the sake of killing and not sadistically enjoying their pain. This only stops when it's a fellow vampire--and only because that lowers her amount of allies.

Hecate has a dark and sarcastic sense of humor, usually making fun of it when humans act stupid or fail miserably. Her relationship with other vampires is luckily warmer, and she could be called 'friends' with Cecil, by the loosest definition of the word. At the very least, she shows concern even if he is not mortally injured and may even try to defend him or heal him, which is kind for her. This isn't even because Cecil is her most powerful ally, but simply out of her own, limited kindness.

Notes: Hecate hates the song Scarborough Fair, but knows all the words to it nonetheless (the traditional one). Whenever she hears it, she practically goes berserk; she has the same reaction if someone calls her 'Kate.' She is driven solely by revenge, wanting to find Daniel and kill him.

Spoiler:
If she finds out the truth about Daniel, she will be stunned and out of the count for maybe a few posts. Don't count on it though, and don't try to prove it to her, you cheapos.

Last edited by Lady USUK on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Name: Qan Darkblithe
Appearance: Qan Darkblithe has pale face and dark green eyes. He wears a deep black hoodie and blue pants. He keeps half his face covered and he paints it a bloody color.
Special Ability: Jet Ram
Weapons: A sword painted a dark color with blue markings painted on. It was seen in his dream :3
Personality: He can have sort of a dark personality, but he is a trusting person.
Notes: He has dreams of a villainous being of the same name. He idolizes this being but doesn't follow his example completely because he knows the being is villainous.

Chiller, thriller, vampire killer
Chiller, thriller, vampire killer

Currently playing : LiFe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:42 am

Name: Klay "Seven" Meta
Appearance: Seven has Black spiky hair that has orange highlights, Blood red eyes and is 5' 11" He is very skinny weighing in at 89 pounds. Seven, once being a normal teen wears an Orange and Blue suit jacket along with a Blue shirt that has an orange claw on it, He wears black skinny jeans that have Orange pockets on them.
Magic spell: Dark Magic
Combat techniques: Seven is able to move at blinding speeds making it look as if he we're able to disappear into thin air. He calls this ability "Trik Teleportation".
His hands can also become dark magic claws that he calls "Blak Klawz".
Personality: Klay is a cocky 17 year old who enjoys combat and plays with his opponents before going in for the kill. He shows respect for most other vampires, but would kill anyone for a chance to become stronger. He considers himself indebted to the vampire who converted him. Although he does not know who he/she is he has named the named the vampire "Blak". He often gets caught off guard due to his cocky nature and gets mad when ever he is hit in combat making him become frantic in combat. He believes that the blood of a human is not as good as the flesh, preferring the flesh he saves the blood for his fellow vampires and eats the remaining organic matter.
Notes: You guys can choose which one of you bit him....I dunno....
Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om0M6Ol8FjQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Wataru Kurenai on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Name: Blood Killer Cutter
Appearance:Bloody Red long hair
Jacket has a devil marking on one side and the other has a dragon
Undershirt is black 
Pants has lucifer written in the inside
Shoes are silver with devil horns
Eyes are bloody red
Special Ability:Jet ram

Weapon:A demon eyes handle with a long bloody sword coming from it
Some call it the Emperor

Personality:Doesn't care about vampires or life
Has a cocky reckless attitude and never even felt accepted 
He slay anything that doesn't accepts him and does it all for love
Sometimes he act devilish and sadist

Notes:He wants to be a vampire lord or a knight
He kills sometimes for fun and other times because he's bored
Some call him
The Devil Child.
Wataru Kurenai
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

Currently playing : Fire emblem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Alright, as soon as Elder reads over all the submissions, we'll start!

Name: Rel Evans
Appearance: A tall man, who almost always wears his combat suit (Helmet included), which is pure silver in terms of color. The hands on the suit glow blue when attacking, and can discharge small amounts of energy if the lights begin to flash.
Special ability: Repulsor Blast
Weapons: A small energy pistol, capable of stunning its target for a second.
Personality: He's serious about whatever job he starts, and keeps pushing to get it done. He's also generally kind to those around him.
Notes: Will speak in this color, and I might as well mention Cecil will speak in red.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Name: Trina Stark
Appearance: Trina has semi long brown hair reaching down to her arms. Her eyes are light brown and she is 5' 5", 110 pounds. She wears a black t-shirt that says, "Freedom" in Bright green letters. She wears bright green skinny jeans and green chuck taylors.
Special ability: Sonic Uppercut
Weapons: She has a katana that a human friend gave her before he disappeared.
Personality: She is shy and Nervous but will fight as long as there is someone else to help her.
Notes: She will use Red
Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEEr1jnvFTw

Last edited by Vi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:02 pm

(I'm sorry, her last name is Stark and that's cracking me up. Anyway, s'all good.)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Lady USUK wrote:(I'm sorry, her last name is Stark and that's cracking me up. Anyway, s'all good.)

(Tony's a Baws...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Cecil stands on top of his castle's ruins, which were freed with him, looking out on the world below

So, who's ready to help bring about the end times for those fools?

Thin, long spikes spurt from Cecil's back, and more spikes grow off them, forming wings

Hecate, Klay, are you prepared?

*~*~*

Alright... so this is their castle...

Rel looks up at Cecil's castle, and looks at the dark magic flowing into the bottom of it, slowly repairing it, and rooting it into the world, and Cecil sees him

Oh, look, breakfast.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Klay hung upside down from a rafter and stretched as he woke up

"Yeah...I'm kinda hungry.."

"That's a big place..."

Trina gripped her katana in fear

Last edited by Vi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wataru Kurenai on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Please someone help bats are attacking town
Blood walks over and sees the knight 
Hmm give me armor NOW!
Knight gives me his rarest armor with devil markings in it and a dragon on the side
Perfect just like my jacket now bats you say I can help
Blood draws a cursed blade
Pathetic bats

Blood kills all bats in a flash
I will keep this armor
Thank you kind sir accept this present it's a pet wyren
I will call him Death now
Blood kills the knight

Last edited by XxNightFangxX on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wataru Kurenai
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm

I suppose I can rough them up a bit, then let you feed on one, if you want. I can always fly to the city and feed, too. Or would you rather show off your new powers?

*~*~*

It is... it's also one we need to destroy, I guess. I don't have any explosives, though, to be honest with you.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Klay dropped down from the rafters

"I'm bored too...soooo I think I'll play with them for a bit."

"How are we going to destroy it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Hecate narrowed her eyes. "I don't expect that they'll be exactly happy to play with you, Klay..." She ran her tongue over her teeth. "...I might as well join you, anyway. How many are down there now?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:37 pm

There's two of them, double the fun!

*~*~*

I don't know... maybe it'll die with its master? Seeing how it's got all of that magic, there.. I'm pretty sure it's flowing to whoever runs this place.

*~*~*

The fool seems to be a bit smarter than expected... I'm going to enjoy this.

Cecil's wings retract, and he sits down as a throne forms behind him.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Klay smiled and then stood in a window of the castle

"Hello down there...I didn't order any food but I'll take it!"

"K-k.."

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 pm

"Two, huh?" Hecate was unimpressed. "They're already outnumbered... mind if I go down after Klay?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:43 pm

"Nuh uh..I'm going..."

Klay jumped out of the window and stuck his tongue out at Hecate

Trina whispered to herself

"It's not him anymore..it's just a vampire."

Last edited by Vi on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wataru Kurenai on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Blood jumps on a horse with death on his arm
Hey look vampires
Heh looks like they need help
Wonder if I should help him or do I care 
Wataru Kurenai
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm

"How about we both go?" Hecate didn't wait for a reply, immediately launching herself out of the window and landing on the ground. "Surprise delivery!"

no mom its ironic carried out 1 launched of one (Dark Magic.) :

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wataru Kurenai on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Blood rushes in and Stabs Hecate faster than the speed of light
Wataru Kurenai
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster