Processing

Go down

Processing Empty Processing

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Processing

“Oh—oh no. Don’t tell me there’s another new arrival. Can you just turn around and?... I bet you can’t even speak, can you?

“It’s always this way with new arrivals. Why are we getting so many lumped on us right now, anyway? ‘They get spread out evenly’ my foot. Everyone knows that we get almost all of them. Death’s way too hard on their own processing section. They don’t do their work!

“Look at Mortem! They get virtually nothing! I mean, to be fair, Mortem, well… but the Death Processing Section gets way more than it needs. There are so many of you that don’t belong here.

“I guess I can’t control it though, can I? Oh, no! Guardian’s just a miniscule presence in everything that goes on here. Freaking everything.

“Oh, now I’m supposed to tell you where you are and—fine! Fine! I’ll—fine!

“You’re processing. Know what that means? It means that you got some trouble in your life, and you’re going to sort it out before you can go on and properly die. Think you’ve got it bad? I can’t even process! You know why? Because I’m an eternal spirit, and I have to constantly watch over the human souls passing onto the afterlife…

“Anyway, I’m moving on. Trouble in the Purging Wing and all that. Bye.”

“Welcome to the Processing Section, where those with troubles in their life go before they pass on to the afterlife. And yes, you are dead. Sorry.

“In any case, before you can pass on, you have to sort out all of the troubles you’ve had. Ah, wait—take this, first. That little glowing square I just put in the center of your right hand? You can get messages through that, everything, until you’ve finally been able to pass on. Neat device, honestly.

“Me? Oh, I’m Guide. But that’s not something you need to worry about. Please excuse Guardian, they’ve been having a lot of stuff to sort through. It does get frustrating.

“Don’t cause trouble while you’re here… please? And don’t complain if you end up staying for long, because that’s, uh, your fault, honestly. Sorry. Err... if you do get attacked, then it's okay to attack back... but please try to contact authorities. There have been a lot of people stirring up trouble... there's something plain wrong about them.

“Gotta go, Guardian’s calling me. I may see you around, but don’t count on it. Oh, wait! If you, uh, gain any… powers… stuff like that… It’s all normal. Don’t worry. I wish I could explain it better, but—I’m coming, Guardian! Don’t be so impatient!

“Read up on the books!”

Rules
- This RP is application-based. Do not join in before you are accepted.
- There are no dice used in this RP, so act responsibly.
- You may only dodge three times per page.
- When you pass on, your character is no longer usable. The time you pass on is dependent on an agreement between you and me, when it appears that you have solved the troubles your character had in life.
- If you want to, when you can pass on, you may become a Little Guardian.
- You cannot be a Little Guardian from the start.
- Delusions are NPCs.
- Use NPCs responsibly in a way that fits their personality.
- You may only have three characters.

Two books laid in front of you. One, with the title Powers Before Passing, looked thick and time-worn. The other, Delusions and Little Guardians, was the opposite; it was thin and looked relatively new. Who would name a book 'delusions' anyway?--never mind adding 'little guardians' onto it.

Glow:
The squares on the back of a deceased's right hand will glow a color depending on their power they obtain to help them through their passing. The Masks' squares glow white, the Earthshakers' glow is a dark green, the Mindmovers' is yellow, the Empaths' is a calm pink, the Thoughtchangers' is a dark reddish-brown, the Makers' is black, the Memories' is a golden orange, the Reminiscers' is white, the Delusions do not have a glow, and the Little Guardians' glow is blue.
Physical Manipulation:
Due to regrets regarding physical appearance in the form of one's person or one's surroundings, they gain the ability that, theoretically, will aid them the most in passing on--the ability to change either their person or their surroundings in the Processing Section (PS).
The Masks:
The Masks: The Masks have a rather dangerous ability--to change their face and, in fact, their entire appearance. There are certain boundaries--they must maintain at least some part of them that is original, that is what they actually are, and that they must remain the same gender. Other than that, they are free to change their appearance and are considered untrustworthy throughout most of the PS.
The Earthshakers:
The Earthshakers: The Earthshakers are extremely powerful, with the ability to move the earth around them. To be true, in the PS, there isn't such a thing as 'earth'--but they are able to manipulate the ground beneath them, forming spikes and walls out of the unnamed material that composes the ground of the PS. The Earthshakers are often thought of as destructive.

Mind:
As a result of perceived inadequacy mentally, the deceased is fitted with the ability to use their mind in powerful ways; some can lift objects with their mind, others can sense what others are feeling, yet others have the more refined ability to sense other's thoughts and affect them.

The Mindmovers:
The Mindmovers: The Mindmovers have the powerful ability to lift objects. Obviously, this is limited; even the most powerful Mindmovers known to the PS have not been able to lift something weighing more than 100 lbs. Even lifting the 100 lb weight was difficult, and the most height ever reached lifting it was around nine inches. The Mindmovers are usually labelled troublemakers due to their possibly destructive ability, which they can use without warning.
The Empaths:
The Empaths: The Empaths have the ability to both sense and influence feelings. Frequently thought of as a weaker version of the Thoughtchangers, they have since been put into their own group. Empaths have never been recorded as being able to completely change one's feelings from angry to sad, but are able to neutralize emotions as well as sense them. Empaths are usually trusted individuals in the PS.
The Thoughtchangers:
The Thoughtchangers: The Thoughtchangers  have the ability to read thoughts, though some particularly resistant individuals may be able to hide select ones from them. Skilled Thoughtchangers can change feelings of mild hostility to feelings of murder, but similar to the Empaths, can only increase a thought's power or neutralize it. Due to their power which may be used for espionage, Thoughtchangers are not very trusted.

Creation:
*DO NOT SELECT THIS POWER* When creativity is restrained or deadened in life, the deceased may find themself with the ability to create. Creation is an extremely rare ability, and only four deceased have ever been reported having the ability in the PS. There is only one branch of Creation.
The Makers:
The Makers: The Makers have the ability to create matter. They are bound by two rules--one, the object cannot overpower a Little Guardian, and two, they can only maintain three objects at once. Within those boundaries, Makers are completely free to do as they wish. Makers are usually not trusted and feared due to their fearsome potential.
*DO NOT SELECT THIS POWER*

Reminiscing:
When memories are hurtful, or wanted to get rid of, the deceased is granted the power to manipulate them. Frequently underestimated, those who have the power to manipulate memories are actually quite powerful, though rare.
The Memories:
The Memories: The Memories are one of the rarer deceased. Memories have a single ability, which can wreak havoc if in the wrong hands. They can create new memories. Of course, they have a limitation--they cannot create memories before another deceased arrived in the PS, but that is their only one. Memories are not trusted, because deceased are never sure if they really know them.
The Reminiscers:
The Reminiscers: The Reminiscers are a very rare deceased, even compared to the Memories. They can simply wipe memories from a deceased's mind. They have a limitation, that being that they can only wipe memories that were made after the deceased arrived in the PS. Reminiscers are even less trusted than Memories, and most recorded have been criminals or sent to the Purging Wing.

Delusions:
Delusions are a recently discovered group of creatures. They are deceased who have refused to even try to pass on, and wreak havoc in the PS trying to convince others to do the same. Delusions retain the power they would have if they were a normal deceased in the PS, though they could overpower the average deceased with that power and are rumored to be able to 'kill' a deceased and indefinitely trap them in the PS. If you see a Delusion, vacate the immediate area and contact a Little Guardian immediately.

Little Guardians:
On rare occasions, when a deceased may pass on, they choose not to and instead remain to guard over the PS. These deceased are now called 'Little Guardians' and are granted more advanced versions of their power. Additionally, they gain minor Earthshaker abilities, the ability to read both thoughts and feelings but not meddle with them, and the ability to send Delusions--or any troublemakers, for that matter--to the Purging Wing. Due to this, Little Guardians are generally respected as authority figures. However, Little Guardians all serve Guardian and must obey their will.

The Processing Section

The Processing Section appears to be a vast modern city, but has many ancient building and temples that appear foreign, taking into account the rest of the place. The ground of the PS is a dark brown, hard and unable to be shifted or moved by anyone other than Earthshakers, Little Guardians, Guide, or Guardian. All buildings are officially condoned by Guardian. All of the buildings in the PS are composed of a material that has the luster of metal, but seems like a gray stone at the same time. It has been christened 'steelstone.' 

One area of the PS is known as the 'Purging Wing,' and is essentially Purgatory. Everyone in their right mind tries to stay out of that place.

The PS is one of many processing sections. It is specially made for those whose major language is English, and many other processing sections exist for those whose major language is another one.
Character Template:
---
Name:
(be specific)
Power: (specify how powerful, etc)
Appearance:
Personality:

History: (How was your character's life?)
Notes: (Theme or whatever weird stuff)

(Example character and the three NPCs will be up later. RP is not going to officially start until they're up.)
(Please excuse the spoiler glitchiness, I can't get it to work right...)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Processing Empty Re: Processing

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:48 pm

NPCs

Name: Guardian
Age at/Cause of/Year of Death: N/A
Power: Everything
Appearance: Guardian appears as a white, vaguely humanoid-shaped spirit. With no eyes or facial features visible, but instead appearing as a flickering flame, Guardian is... quite creepy, honestly. Covering most of Guardian's 'body' is a thick black cloak, which has multiple layers of additional black cloth wrapped over it.
Personality: Guardian was not created with the infinite patience and tolerance that Guide possesses. They are easily annoyed, though Guide tends to be able to just calm them down. However, when they really get angry, they're going to send someone to the Purging Wing. And they get angry for a reason. Guardian is busy most of the time and leaves their Little Guardians to take care of the PS.
History: Guardian is designated as the eternal... guardian of the PS, and has done their job fantastically from the very start. The end.
Notes: 

Name: Guide
Age at/Cause of/Year of Death: N/A
Power: Everything
Appearance: Guide is usually described as a teardrop shaped wisp colored a comforting blue, with patches of bright white apparently being 'eyes.'
Personality: Guide is infinitely patient and tolerant, so most people in the PS enjoy their presence. Being an optimist and kind, Guide is often the calming presence counteracting Guardian's anger.
History: Ever since Guide has existed, they have been a partner to Guardian and watched over the PS. Guide was created with the gift of infinite patience and tolerance, and has been a very helpful spirit in the general realm of the dead.
Notes: Guide is cute. ^V^

Name: Nicolaus 'Nick' Mitchell
Age at/Cause of/Year of Death: 19, suicide, 2009
Power: Little Guardian powers, originally an Empath.
Appearance: Nick has a generally cheery and friendly appearance, with feathery golden hair and bright blue eyes. He almost always has a smile on his face. His clothes are honestly simple, and most people do not think he is a Little Guardian at all. A way too large, grey sweatshirt with a hood covers his torso; he never uses the hood. Underneath is a white short-sleeved T-shirt, and otherwise he wears rather ripped up and faded denim jeans and white tennis shoes.
Personality: Nick is, well, like Guide in a way. He doesn't have infinite patience and tolerance, but he comes pretty dang close. Nick is great with children and frequently comforts children who have died. He is immature despite his age, but people seem to think that's a good counteracting force to his partner, Virtue's, strict and military behavior.
Though most may think Nick is just happy-go-lucky, he actually has a bit of a sad past. Most don't know about his cause of death, but those who do don't really know what to say and he hasn't ever received any real comfort to help him with that.
History: When Nick was a child, he had great parents. His mother and father got along... well, but eventually decided they didn't fit and finally divorced. As a child, he was always greatly confused about why they had and felt very lonely, since he didn't understand. He did have a great relationship with both his father and mother.
Eventually, his mother remarried. He liked his stepfather, but when he came, his relationship with his father started to break. Nick still didn't understand, and he kept this sort of lonely sadness with him until finally he grouped with the wrong people. Realizing what he'd done, Nick finally decided to take his life.
In the PS, however, he met with a young child whose mother and father had divorced, and she comforted him and helped him pass on eventually. That kid passed on too, and Nick misses her to a certain extent.
Notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdKGFaEsxOo ?

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wataru Kurenai on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Name:Death Skull Reaper

Age at/Cause of Death/Year of Death:19,Executed,2009
Power:The Mask uses sometimes to hide from the people he killed
Appearance:Black/Purple hair 
Shirt is black with a skull on it but always wear his jacket 
Jacket has two skulls on each shoulder
Pants have a 2 pockets that can contain many items
Shoes are black and white
Eyes are black and white to represent skulls 
The white side eye has a crooked cut through it
Personality:Has a cocky attitude and loves making the guide angry 
He kills anything but since he not like a delusion he can't kill deceased.
When alive he used to play tricks

History:He had no parents so he grew up alone
He went down the assassin way first when he first commited his first kill at age 2 by burning a orphanage 
At age 10 he burned stuff and loved it
But when 11 he found the rarity of things and couldn't stand people having more things then him
So he took
He stole from the rich and poor
His only trace left was a skull
He drew skulls before he leaves
That's how he got the babe death
He calls himself death cause he don't die
His nickname was Skull.
But when he was stealing the white eye was cut 
He always hated being called a freak
When it was someone else birthday he killed the family and stole the cake and gifts and pretend it was his gifts people sent him 
His only friend was his raven feather 
He was executed 
Thus he always held onto the feather 
Wataru Kurenai
Wataru Kurenai
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

Currently playing : Fire emblem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Example Character

Name: Virtue Malachi
Age at/Cause of/Year of Death: 31, Black Death, 1349
Power: Little Guardian, originally Maker
Appearance: Virtue is military in appearance. If it wasn't for her evident gender, then people would say that she was Guardian. A mask covers the left half of her face, with a red jewel where her eye should be and is decorated with a black swirling vine pattern over a white base. The rest of her body is covered with a black dress, only letting her hands be shown at the end of her sleeves. Over the black dress is an asymmetrical (not that much, honestly--just there doesn't appear to be any 'connecting strap' on the left side) breastplate with the same pattern and colors as her mask and a leather belt holding her sword's scabbard. Virtue's hair is dark brown and always kept in a ponytail. It reaches about halfway down her back. Her eyes are dark brown, practically black, and her skin is fairly pale.
Virtue has one weapon she keeps with her at all times, a longsword. It is approximately four feet long, with a three-foot long blade. In the middle of the blade is an ornately decorated piece of gold, engraved with a vine pattern much like the one on her mask. The rest of the blade is simple steel, and the hilt leather with a circle of the golden vine pattern in the pommel.
She will frequently Make a dagger which appears to be made out of steel, with a simple leather hilt.
Processing Virtue11
Personality: Similar to her appearance, Virtue is also very military when it comes to personality. She is strict and keeps most of the PS on their toes, and probably holds the record when it comes to deceased sent to the Purging Wing. She has no tolerance for troublemakers, so Nick is frequently the only person who keeps her from just sending everyone to the Purging Wing. Being raised in a strict Roman Catholic family in the Late Middle Ages, she definitely reflects her upbringing.
History: Virtue was raised in the Late Middle Ages in Europe, born into a Catholic family. In fact, her father was a Templar. Though she didn't have any respect for the faith itself, she still was virtuous, even though it was really just a by the book sort of virtuous and she was greatly restricted in creativity. Her parents were, in a way, proud of her, but she eventually fell ill with the Black Death after she had gotten married off and died. Virtue holds no ill will towards anyone in her life.
Virtue, in the PS, passed on in the blink of an eye but was determined to right the wrongs she saw in there and so became a Little Guardian. She enjoys sending troublemakers to the Purging Wing.
Notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgeTc1qQOs

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Looks like this is destined to die before it starts. Ah well.
Spoiler:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE
Conversion to story will take place probably tomorrow, since I don't have much more spare time today.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum