Processing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Processing

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:39 am

Due to its quick death as a roleplay, Processing has been converted into a story instead.

I will end up holding character submissions because I'm pretty stuck other than Virtue, Nick, and of course Guardian and Guide. I have an idea for one, but thaaaaaat's a spoiler, so I need more characters.

Character submissions will end up being held throughout a lot of the story, getting cut off near the end, of course. I will poke you in order to get you to submit characters, because if it died as a roleplay I'm not gonna let it anywhere close to dying when it comes to character submissions on the story.

Story will begin in next/a few posts. May be tomorrow, probably tonight... or maybe half will be tonight and the other tomorrow? *Who knows!*

Yes, that was emulating me waving my hands in a mysterious, wiggly fashion above my head.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Processing

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 am

Uh. Where can I find the back-story so if I choose to submit a character, I wouldn't have such a hard time.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 am

Wait. First chapter/introduction (not sure yet) will go up soon. Today or tomorrow--haven't actually written it yet, but I have a typing speed of almost 100 WPM on average.

And now I'm glad I added 'a few' into that sentence about when the story would be up.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 am

Oh okay. I'm sure I can wait, I just thought the RP would have information.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:43 am

Well, the roleplay does have good information in the beginning post. I'm not sure how to include it into the chapter as of yet. http://thelegendofxiaforums.forumotion.com/t490-processing

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 am

Aaaand here we are, ladies and gents!

Introduction

“Nicolaus?”

Black hair, some white and black pattern, something red… a blink of the eyes and a sword in a scabbard swept past the man’s blurred vision. A voice… a woman’s, stern and demanding. The man laid against the hard, brown ground of wherever her was, closing his eyes and trying to calm himself down. Opening them again a few seconds later, it was clear he was nowhere near as confused and disoriented. After a short struggle, he managed to prop himself up on his elbows.

“Virtue?”

Who was that? A man’s voice—but young, maybe twenty. Virtue?

Finally, the man lifted his head and found himself looking at a young man. He couldn’t be older than twenty; maybe he was younger, even. A smile broke out on the young man’s face.

“Ah, awake! Hey Virtue, new arrival’s awake!”

Confusion returned to the man’s face as he stared at the younger man. “Virtue?...” he managed to croak out, his voice sounding unused, scratchy and rough against his own ears.

A woman stepped into his vision, wearing a jet black dress covering almost her entire body excepting her head and hands. However, a brown leather belt reached around her waist and some… metal? Armor, perhaps? covered her torso. The man shook his head and pushed himself into a sitting position, his strength almost completely returned to him.

Now he could see the two that stood in front of him. The woman—Virtue—had jet black hair in a ponytail, actually quite pretty features (in an elegant, yet military kind of way), and… one dark brown eye. The man’s eyes widened and he crawled backwards. What the?... Why was a mask covering the left side of her face?

The mask was a fine work, that couldn’t be doubted. Yet it was quite eerie and chilling, in all honesty, and the man was quite disconcerted by it. It was mostly white, with a black vine pattern swirling over the base color, and a red eye-shaped jewel where the woman’s eye should be.

“Uh, are you okay?” The young man asked, staring at the man. “I’m sorry, did we shock you? Geez… I’ve got to learn how to deal with new arrivals.” He coughed. “I… I’m Nicolaus—Nick, and this is Virtue. We sort of work together…”

“Nick.” The man nodded, still a little surprised by Virtue’s mask. “My name is—”

“Matthias William Richardson, born on September 21st, 1975. You died at age 37 today, when a drunk driver crashed into you. This is not the hospital, this is not a dream. You are dead, and this is the Processing Section.”

“What?”

“The Processing Section is the area that English-speakers go before they are allowed to move on to the land of the dead and finally rest. You face your regrets here and are given a single, special ability that is theoretically the best to allow you to move on.” Virtue paused to look at the back of her right hand. “The major regret you had in life is that you were never able to see your daughter after you divorced your wife four years ago, especially since they both died in a car crash with a drunk driver—similar to your own death, I might add—six months ago. You’re in luck. Your daughter and ex-wife are still here, over in that direction. It won’t take too long to get there.”

“But,” she added before she allowed Matthias to get up and walk away, “you still should get this and read what is on it.” Without allowing him time for reaction, Virtue stuck a patch on the back of his right hand. It adhered automatically and began glowing a sort of orange-yellow color, reminding him of gold.

“And that corresponds with your file. A Memory. Alright Matthias, on your way now.” Virtue nodded respectfully, grabbed Nicolaus’ arm, and promptly disappeared without a trace.

Confused, Matthias stared at the spot where they had disappeared before looking to the glowing square on the back of his hand. A second after he’d given it a glance, a book icon appeared on the square.

It opened as soon as he thought about it. Odd, but convenient at the same time. Four titles appeared in front of him. Glow, Reminiscing: The Memories, Delusions, Little Guardians, and The Processing Section. Since Glow was the first on the list, Matthias clicked on that.

Text appeared.

‘The squares on the back of a deceased's right hand will glow a color depending on their power they obtain to help them through their passing. The Masks' squares glow white, the Earthshakers' glow is a dark green, the Mindmovers' is yellow, the Empaths' is a calm pink, the Thoughtchangers' is a dark reddish-brown, the Makers' is black, the Memories' is a golden orange, the Reminiscers' is white, the Delusions do not have a glow, and the Little Guardians' glow is blue.’

Matthias raised his eyebrows, read the whole thing through, and was slightly confused. What were all the ones listed there?... No matter. It would probably be explained later.

Different text appeared, this time with the title Reminiscing: The Memories. ‘YOU ARE A PART OF THIS GROUP’ was typed in red under the title, but Matthias paid it no heed and continued on.

‘The Memories are one of the rarer deceased. Memories have a single ability, which can wreak havoc if in the wrong hands. They can create new memories. Of course, they have a limitation—they cannot create memories before another deceased arrived in the PS, but that is their only one. Memories are not trusted, because deceased are never sure if they really know them.’

Matthias frowned a little, but continued on. The title Delusions appeared, followed by more new text.

‘Delusions are a recently discovered group of creatures. They are deceased who have refused to even try to pass on, and wreak havoc in the Processing Section (PS) trying to convince others to do the same. Delusions retain the power they would have if they were a normal deceased in the PS, though they could overpower the average deceased with that power and are rumored to be able to 'kill' a deceased and indefinitely trap them in the PS. If you see a Delusion, vacate the immediate area and contact a Little Guardian immediately.’

His frown deepened, but he continued on. What were Little Guardians?

‘On rare occasions, when a deceased may pass on, they choose not to and instead remain to guard over the PS. These deceased are now called 'Little Guardians' and are granted more advanced versions of their power. Additionally, they gain minor Earthshaker abilities, the ability to read both thoughts and feelings but not meddle with them, and the ability to send Delusions—or any troublemakers, for that matter—to the Purging Wing. Due to this, Little Guardians are generally respected as authority figures. However, Little Guardians all serve Guardian and must obey their will.’

Ah. So they were authority figures. The next piece of information?

‘The Processing Section appears to be a vast modern city, but has many ancient buildings and temples that appear foreign, taking into account the rest of the place. The ground of the PS is a dark brown, hard and unable to be shifted or moved by anyone other than Earthshakers, Little Guardians, Guide, or Guardian. All buildings are officially condoned by Guardian. All of the buildings in the PS are composed of a material that has the luster of metal, but seems like a gray stone at the same time. It has been christened 'steelstone.'

One area of the PS is known as the 'Purging Wing,' and is essentially Purgatory. Everyone in their right mind tries to stay out of that place.

The PS is one of many processing sections. It is specially made for those whose major language is English, and many other processing sections exist for those whose major language is another one.’

Nodding, contented with what he now knew, Matthias smiled. He hummed a nice tune to himself and walked in the direction Virtue had told him to earlier.

Might as well solve his troubles now.

Last edited by Virtue Malachi on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 am

Character submissions will be up tomorrow, with more info dump than I put into this chapter. Waaay more.

As for now? G'night.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum