Modern Magic

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Modern Magic

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:19 pm

(I'm not sorry at all for coming up with this idea (it was due to my drawing modern Saivel, and then realizing that the idea was really cool). It'll be sporadically updated, so yep. Be warned: Smoking and potentially some references to alcohol (I don't know yet?). That's why it's in the 13+ section.)

Quick summary: The universe of Xia had no technological trappings and has been granted the ability to advance. These are the lives of the characters you know, but in a modern fantasy world. Yeah. (Drawings may be uploaded eventually?)

Story will start in next post.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Chapter 1

Fuse gave Saivel a disappointed look; the same look he gave her any time she lit a cigarette. It wasn't because he was almost always sitting next to her when she was smoking (magic had taken care of secondhand smoking), but because of his honest concern for her own health.

The fire on her fingers died away quickly as she took a quick draw from the cigarette. "There's no reason to look at me like that, y'know," she muttered to her friend, breathing out the smoke. It disappeared by itself, becoming normal, breathable, air.

He'd tried his best to make her stop smoking, but every attempt had failed. At least she only did it occasionally, maybe four times every month or something. Fuse sighed and looked away from the glowing cigarette.

There was no doubt that Saivel had a good sense of fashion, the colors and patterns on her clothes meshing together perfectly. The same white scarf she almost always wore was wrapped around her neck (it's summer--are you sure you're okay with that?), fingerless purple-and-black gloves covered both of her hands, and a tight-fitting purple halter top shirt, tight denim jeans, and black and white running shoes finished it off. She leaned as far back in her chair as she possibly could, giving the area around them a cursory look.

"Duck pond," she noted nonchalantly, almost smiling. The cigarette was held loosely in her limp left hand for a moment as she watched children crowding around the ducks and swans in the small pond, throwing food every which way and laughing as the water fowl nibbled at the corn and assorted grains.

Fuse let out a sigh and adjusted his black tie, giving his black formal suit and trousers an appraising look as well. "Venia's coming," he told Saivel. She nodded in reply, but did not seem overly concerned. "You know that I'm taking time away from work to come here."

Saivel laughed. "Please. You're the high and mighty Lord of Chaos, CEO of a massive company." She gasped dramatically. "Anyway, you can spare time away from work. Your assistants are more than competent; they could practically replace you. Sorry, shouldn't have said that." She looked down at her cigarette, sighed, and extinguished it, pushing it with wind towards the nearest trash can.

Fuse scoffed. "Easy for you to say. You don't have an entire corporation under your rule, and no matter how good my assistants are, they're not me." He sounded a little hurt. "You hardly have any responsibility. You get paid well, and for what? Doing what you like best! Adventuring."

"Working for our police does carry responsibility, even if the job is pretty loose and I'm easily considered a bounty hunter." Saivel yawned and looked around. "Hey, that must be Venia over there."

Indeed, it was there younger friend... but there was a catch. S---, what are police doing following Venia? Saivel wondered, more than a little concerned.

In any case, the girl made it over to their table safely, sitting down and clearly being grateful for the shade their bright red and white umbrella provided. "Hey Saivel, Fuse," Venia said, but was suddenly cut off by Saivel.

"Shh," she whispered. "Two policemen were following you. We better figure out what they want." Saivel reached for her gun, flicked the safety off, and held it under the table. "They'll be coming over here soon enough..."

Just as Saivel had said, the two policemen came over to their table. "Are you the bounty hunter known as Saivel?"

"It's none of your business," Saivel snapped back, narrowing her eyes. "Why do you want to know?"

"We want your help," one of them stated. "But we have to speak with you in private."

Saivel frowned. "...Alright. This better not take long, though." She stood up, holstered her gun, ad walked with the two policemen to a different area, under the shade of a nearby building. They heatedly discussed with each other, a few yells could be heard, and then Saivel stomped back to their table, angry.

"What did they want your help with?" Venia asked innocently.

"It's like they think like I'm an assassin," Saivel replied, her voice seething with anger. "Ugh! I'm not going to track down and kill someone I know nothing about, who hasn't committed any major crimes, who is just 'considered a threat' for a stupid reason! Lords! How stupid do they think I am?"

"They wanted you to kill someone?" Fuse leaned forward, interested.

"Petty thief, but those days are past him. Name's Kendrick Llewellyn. He's actually in the force."

"Then why do they want you to kill him?" Venia blurted out.

Saivel snorted. "They think he's possessed."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Magic

Post by Andrew on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Woah

While part of me was screaming inside at first, it quickly turned into a good type of scream.

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Y u need to scream man

I'm kinda sorry for making Saivel a smoker, but it actually fits her so...

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Chapter 2

Talking about possessed people is never easy. It's such a rare occurrence that no one really knows exactly how to talk about it, what the rules are of talking about possession, and how to change the subject from possession to something easier to talk about.

The simplest of conversations, though, is possible. Asking questions and answering them is an easy thing to do, but the conversation will still linger on your mind and you'll wonder how could I have said that better? and why was I so stupid? afterward--just not as long as it would if it were a complex conversation.

"Possessed?" Venia immediately asked, disbelieving. Fuse kept his mouth shut, having been possessed by the spirit of Valon once himself.

"I said they think he's possessed, not that he is possessed," Saivel corrected her. "For most people though, it's pretty easy to tell they're possessed, even though it's a rare occurrence. The fact that they only think he may be just makes me doubt the story a whole lot more."

"Huh." Venia mulled this over for a moment before asking another question. "Why kill him though? Why not, like... uh..."

"Exorcise him? Do you know how hard that would be?" Saivel stared at Venia like she'd gone insane. "Possessions are rare. Exorcists are rarer. Not to mention they have a much higher fee than someone like me."

For a few moments, there was a bit of an awkward silence. Fuse ended it with a loud cough.

"Well," he began, then started again, "Well... it was nice seeing you all again, but I've got to get back to work." Standing up, he turned to leave, but was interrupted by Saivel laughing at him.

Fuse glared at the half-angel, annoyed. "What?" he snapped.

"Don't lie. You're interested."

The look Fuse gave Saivel after that remark was possibly as scathing as looks get. "Interested in what?" His voice was becoming progressively more threatening.

Saivel, however, knew that Fuse was far from snapping. "You want to know about the guy who might be possessed," she sang tauntingly. "You're wondering whether he actually is possessed and if we can help him... You're wondering why the police are interested in killing him..."

"Saivel, I am losing my patience and I really do need to get to work soon."

"You and I both know the Citadel--and your company, should I mention--are very, very close by. Besides, as I said, your assistants can easily take care of it. They're more than competent. They're like car--"

"...were you going to say 'they're like carbon copies of you?'" Fuse's sudden interruption neatly cut Saivel off. "If you were, you're wrong. They're separate humans beings! Though I did teach them to help me myself, they're far from carbon copies."

"They're plenty close enough. Anyway, we're more concerned about... 'Kendrick Llewellyn' and whether or not he's possessed right now." Saivel smiled at Fuse as if to announce that she had won against him.

"I'm not concerned about it," he lied through his teeth.

"Mmhmm. Well, I am going to head to our lovely city of Xia's Police Department and see what I can find out about Kendrick Llewellyn. But first, I'd like to search him up on my phone..." Saivel reached out and grabbed Fuse's arm, anchoring him to his place, and typed in 'Kendrick Llewellyn' on her phone. "And... search."

She had to wait a few moments before any results showed up. "Facebook, ancestry dot com... not many results--wait. 'My Friend Kendrick Llewellyn.' Now that looks promising." Saivel tapped on the link and quickly read through the whole post. "Ah. So this guy, on this blog, admitted that his friend Kendrick was acting up; not really noticeably different than usual. It does mention he recently had a daughter, so lack of sleep may explain it..." Saivel frowned, disappointed. "...hmm. Seems the baby was great. Went to sleep, hardly ever complained..."

"Thank you. Now may I leave?"

"No--no, wait!" Fuse froze, hearing the surprise in his friend's voice. "The thing is, Kendrick specializes in lightning. And only lightning."

"Yeah?"

"So why would a lightning mage ever decide to go into water when he was trying to stun the criminal they were chasing?"

Fuse paused. "...he's dumb?"

"No, no--Kendrick was really really smart. He planned every move out--actually was a detective--and only one case he didn't solve. Ever. When he was drunk he remembered not to go into water when he was casting spells!"

"Dang."

Saivel raised an eyebrow. "There's actually a pretty good case for this guy being possessed... but I'm still not sold. Tell you what, I got called by the station earlier for a job offer. I have to go check it out. You two can continue researching our guy. Cool?"

"Cool," both Fuse and Venia replied.

"Nice." Saivel smiled and ran off to her car. After fumbling with the keys for a moment, she got in and drove away.

"Hope she's not breaking the speed limit in that thing," Fuse mumbled.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Saivel's relationship with the police is so much like Shawn's it's ridiculous ffff

Chapter 3

As Saivel walked in the doors of the police station, she was met face-to-face by a detective whose face she knew well. With blond hair, an angular face, and those downright scary ice-blue eyes, it had to be Devon Corgall.

"Hey Corgall! Haven't seen you for too long." Saivel grinned at the detective, who rolled his eyes in response.

"Athen," the detective replied. He barely paid attention to her before patting her on the back, then lightly tapping her shoulder, leaving small crystals of ice. Saivel looked unimpressed.

"Corgi, you can do better than that." She easily brushed off the crystals. "Anyway, I got a phone call about a job you might have for me?..."

"Not me," Corgall shot back. "I'm working on a different case."

Saivel shrugged. "Alright. But I'll miss your charming company." Corgall gave her a death stare. In response, Saivel merely yawned and continued along her way. As she walked along, she encountered the other detective she knew well: Jay Ettir, a young man and relatively new detective for the police department in Xia.

"Oh! Uh, Athen." Jay coughed. "The case we called you about? Sorry, but we, uh, kinda did what we needed to ourselves." His voice dropped to a whisper. "Reaally sorry about that."

"S'okay," Saivel mumbled in response. "So I came over for nothing?"

"No, actually. Corgall is working on a case and we'll probably end up needing your... uh... services." Jay coughed. "So... yeah."

"Corgall's case, huh?" The smile Saivel had on her face was pure evil, though it faded to an innocent one in a few moments. "Alright. Thanks for your time, Jay--actually. Could I ask a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"What do you know about one Kendrick Llewellyn?"

Jay frowned. "...I've heard his name, but I don't think I've ever seen the guy." He looked to his computer. "Want me to search him up?"

"Yeah! Thanks, Jay." After waiting for a moment, the results came up.

"Well," Jay began, "he's got some petty theft on his record. Nothing big. He's a police officer in another city, I believe. ...wait, why did you want to know this?"

"Sorry, Jay, I'm going to have to say that's confidential." Saivel laughed and reached forward, playfully tousling the man's hair. "See you soon."

Jay stared after her. "...'kay." He sighed and went back to his work.

"Corgi! Why do I call you that? Corgis are cute. You aren't. Maybe I should just call you Corgall... nah, that's boring. So, Corgi, how ya doing?"

Corgall gave her a glare. "Progressively worse since you walked in the door. What are you doing here?"

"Jeez, are you stressed or something? Jay said you might have something I could help you out on."

Corgall sighed. "...fine, we do have something. There's a guy on the run, he escaped from police custody. Right now we know that he's got a possible shelter over here--" Corgall pointed on the map in front of him. "--and to get to there, he's going to have to go through here." Once again, he pointed on the map. "He ought to pass under this bridge if he doesn't want to be seen. We have this road blocked off, so you should be able to catch up to him and take him out."

"Specify on 'take him out.'"

"Look, don't kill him, okay? Just... incapacitate or something."

Saivel shrugged. "Sure..."

She was suddenly cut off by the sound of a motorcycle revving outside. Frowning, Saivel walked out the doors and found someone sitting on a motorcycle.

Most of his face was covered by his helmet, but you could still see the man's jet black hair and cat-like emerald green eyes. His skin was slightly sun-tanned, and he wore a black leather vest, a black short-sleeved T-shirt, green jeans, and black leather shoes. His motorcycle was largely black, with flames that were varying shades of green on the sides.

Saivel knew this guy. She smiled as she saw him, the smile widening as he took off his helmet.

"Now what could you be doing here, Kaime?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:56 pm

ohsnap

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 pm

currently Kaivel is canon fyi

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah, I guessed that

Spoiler:
So are you bringing back Nadine, too?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Fuse would probably just be alone in this universe

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 pm

4everalone fus

nah, I'm not sure about Nadine yet. I'm not really sure how she would fit in anyway.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Spoiler:
Taking his monetary status and chaos lord powers into consideration, he's pretty much Tony Stark.

Spoiler:
Without Pepper.

Spoiler:
Which works, really.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

But Tony Stark is a butt. I guess I could find a way to include Nadine?... but that'll wait for probably two chapters.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 pm

DANGIT

True

Spoiler:
So Batman, which fits EVEN MORE.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm

didn't his son die?

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 pm

ACTUAL SPOILERS:
Actually, isn't that an alternate universe? And his son didn't die, he killed Richard [Filters q.q] Grayson, then became Nightwing or something?

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:50 pm

I don't have any idea so ?????? ???

Major spoilers - Fuse:
Wikipedia wrote:Damian continued to serve as Robin until the 2013 issue #8 of Batman, Inc., in which he is killed by the Heretic, an agent of his mother and his own artificially-aged clone.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:03 am

Spoiler:
SPOILER BOXES PLEASE

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:13 am

sorry :3

i'll start making character sheets for MM because why not?

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:21 am

I'd like you to fill out your own for Fuse and Nadine if you want to? Here's Saivel's as an example:

Name: Saivel Mei Athen
Race: Half-angel—Mother. Descended from Chaos Lord—Father.
Belongings: Two guns: One is just a spare, but she occasionally brings both with her (always has at least one). A bracelet given to her by her mother, which repels demons and is enchanted with light magic. Has cigarettes on her at any given time. Taser she nicked from the police.
Appearance: Build: Slightly muscled, thin, and fairly attractive and feminine. White feathered wings sprout from her back. Approx. 5’ 9”, 130 pounds or so.
Hair: Jet black and long, fairly straight, usually kept in a ponytail to keep out of her eyes. Short bangs cross her forehead, but are always kept in check so they don’t obscure her vision. If let down, it reaches about halfway down her back.
Eyes: Seem to fluctuate between purple and brown, more often purple though. Purple is guaranteed to be the color when she is using Chaos magic or angered. Eyes are rather narrow, with thick and long eyelashes.
Skin: Fair, but sun-tanned due to her spending a lot of time outside. Unbeknownst to everyone else, in an area usually covered by her left wing’s feathers, there is a small tattoo of a purple crystal which glows when Chaos is present.
Clothes: Always wears a scarf, either black or white. Both are enchanted, allowing her to control their length. Likes silk, purple, black, halter-tops or general sleeveless shirts, denim jeans or shorts, and fingerless gloves. A brown leather gun holster is always present on her right leg.
Background: Saivel was the first child of two in her family, her parents being the angel Seraphime and Valion, who was the heir to the title of Chaos Lord and the company her grandfather owned. Her younger sister, Sarine, was born when she was a teenager. Both were usually taught by their mother, but maintained a close relationship with their father. Saivel took no particular interest in the light magic her mother taught, but picked up on most of it anyway. She branched out into others, disobeying her mother (and father) and learning Chaos magic by herself, which she had a natural talent for. The other element she was attached to was fire, which she similarly mastered.
After her father died, the family sort of split. Saivel and Sarine flew to Kaime’s property, where Kaime promised to look after her sister. Thanking him, she flew off to Xyla and appointed Fuse heir to Chaos Lord. After he was released from his possession, they both went on adventures together.
The adventures all passed eventually, but Saivel didn’t quite settle down. She started working for the police department as a sort of bounty hunter and also started up a relationship with Kaime, forgetting her initial resentment for the fact her sister had died while under his guard.
Personality: Alignment: True/Chaotic Neutral
Saivel is sarcastic and can be abrasive, but knows when to stop. However, she will get very close to crossing the line when it comes to her police ‘buddies.’ With her friends, she is noticeably kinder, but retains her slightly sadistic humor and dry wit. In the end, she defends them and would give her life for them if it came to that. This doesn’t mean she won’t tell them when they’re being an idiot, however.  She is very defensive of her beliefs but doesn’t shove them in other people’s face.
Likes: Purple, soft things, Kaime, friends, fire, sweets, shooting guns
Dislikes: ice, sour things
Abilities/Skills: Flight, though she does tire after a while (half an hour, usually); mastery of Chaos and fire; fair amount of skill in other elements; small amount of knowledge about exorcisms; intelligent; crack shot.

Template!!
Name:
Race:
Belongings:
Appearance: Build:
Hair:
Eyes:
Skin:
Clothes:
Background:
Personality: Alignment:
Abilities/Skills:

FILLIDOUT

Last edited by GLaDOS on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:42 am

aaand Kaime.

Name: Kaime Lynn Nebi
Age: Rather irrelevant, equivalent of around 25 in human years.
Race: Forest spirit, able to shapeshift into black panther, specifically jaguar.
Belongings: His motorcycle—goes everywhere with it. It’s largely a shining black, with green flames on the sides. His helmet has the same design. Has a gun, rarely used, gift from Saivel.
Appearance: Build: Thin and extremely tall, but clearly muscled and masculine. Height 6’ 2", weight ~155 pounds or something.
Panther form is obviously a panther, a bit larger than normal but not very noticeably so.
Hair: Jet black, spiked and fairly messy. A few strands are died emerald green. Long enough to get into his eyes.
Eyes: Bright emerald green, very catlike in appearance.
Skin: A tad dark, slightly sun-tanned.
Clothes: Tends to wear black and green. Wears black leather vest all of the time, usually wears short-sleeved or sleeveless shirts and jeans. Almost always wears black leather shoes, which everyone swears are magical because they never get dirty. Ever.
Background: Kaime came into existence as a forest spirit. His life was largely uneventful; he knew all he needed to know from the get-go. He knew all the necessary skills and everything.
Before the area around him became modernized, he took Sarine under his guard and watched over her. In the end he failed, and Sarine was taken away and killed when she was just a child. He had to sacrifice his forest, which was cut down, and instead managed the property, keeping as much trees as was possible.
He joined Fuse and Saivel on their adventures, and settled down afterwards, making his living as a landlord. In the end he began a relationship with Saivel.
Personality: Alignment: Mix between Neutral Good and True Neutral.
Kaime is generally kind and benevolent, but fights fiercely to protect his friends and loved ones. His tenants usually enjoy his presence and he’s nice to all of them. In general, Kaime is a pretty laid-back person; though he will make sarcastic jokes and such, he doesn’t rise to many insults unless they’re below the belt.
Dislikes: pollution, smoke (his motorcycle is specially made so it doesn’t pollute the air)
Abilities/Skills: Shapeshifting into a panther, a form he can stay in for an indefinite period of time; communication with animals; masterful earth and wind magic; ability to heal and grow plants; actually a good shot.

Last edited by GLaDOS on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 am

Not one, but two MM Saivel drawings. Sorry, she's just so fun to draaw~

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 am

Lookin` good! Will finish Fuse`s bio when I`m off this tablet.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Name: Fuse Lan Olen
Race: Human, Chaos lord.
Belongings: Aside from lots of money, political influence (Some out of wealth, some out of fear), and a ton of vinyls that he listens to constantly when he's in his office, he carries a sword hilt, which can transform into a full katana when he needs it, thanks to channeling his chaos magic.
Appearance:
Build: Tall and thin, with some slight muscle. Over 6 feet, not sure about weight.
Hair: Brown hair, which is slightly messy.
Eyes: Purple, they were blue before the Chaos lord transformation.
Skin: Caucasian, slightly paled skin.
Clothes: He usually wears a black suit, with purple markings on the cuffs. He also has a pair of sunglasses he puts on now and then, and a fedora he puts on to joke around with.
Background: Fuse was originally a high ranking guard on Xyla, but became possessed by Valon, the former Chaos lord, after beating him in combat. Eventually, he was freed from his possession by Fire lord Dragon, and journeyed through Xia, eventually meeting up with Saivel, Kaime, and many others.
Personality: Kind, but somewhat distant from people at times.
Alignment: Chaotic Good (You saw this coming)
Dislikes: The government, modern weapons.
Abilities/Skills: Complete and total dominion over Chaos magic, allowing him to transform into his Chaos Lord form, which covers him in armor, made out of pure, black stone, with glowing Chaos energy running all over the surface. His katana becomes stronger in this form, and leaves chaos energy wherever it is swung.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Chapter 4

In response to Saivel's question, Kaime smiled, brushing hair out of his face. "Something got stolen from one of the tenants, I saw some of it and I'm now a witness or something."

Saivel looked surprised. "Did anyone get hurt?"

"Tenant got a little knocked around. Nothing major, he's okay."

"That's good." Saivel smiled. "Oh, it's so nice to see you!" She ran forward, almost toppling Kaime over with a tight hug. They held the position for at least half a minute until Saivel noticed someone else.

"Fuse?" Her smile turned to confusion. "What are you doing here?"

The Chaos Lord coughed awkwardly in response. "I, uh, did some research on Kendrick Llewellyn. Didn't really dig up anything else, but I did find something of interest. But," he added, "if you're busy, then I can just..."

Saivel coughed and let go of Kaime, dusting off her clothes. "I told you I was checking out a job. I'm going to leave to take care of it soon, but you can tell me on the way there." She turned to Kaime. "I'll see you later, I guess."

Kaime nodded, gave his girlfriend a quick peck on the cheek, and walked up the stairs of the police station and into the building. Saivel smiled a little, blushing in a very odd manner for her. After a few moments, when Fuse deemed it less awkward, he spoke.

"So, should I just...?"

"Oh! Sorry. Car's over here." Saivel strode over to her car easily, unlocking it with her keys and opening the passenger side's door. Fuse paused. A bit reluctantly, he made his way over to her and into the car. Saivel got into the driver's seat shortly after he did.

"Alright, so this is what I figured out," Fuse began, then stopped. "Wait, where are we going?"

Saivel took a look at the GPS. "Bridge near Velvetwood Street. Like I said, talk on the way."

"...Velvetwood's blocked off right now, I think I heard that from somewhere."

"Yeah, it is." Saivel grinned at Fuse. "But we're not going on it."

"What does that mean?"

The half-angel's grin widened. "I mean that the police are kind enough that it's practically impossible to slap a ticket on me."
*~*~*~*
Saivel and Fuse both sat in the car, which was at a complete still. Saivel stifled a yawn, looking at the bridge without much interest.

"Got here early... mighta been too early. Ah well. So, what'd you figure out about Kendrick Llewellyn?"

"He's actually from the mainland, apparently here on vacation. Interesting fact: Guy has almost never taken a day off. He rented a cabin somewhere in the woods between Xia City and Earlton."

Saivel nodded, writing it down with a pen on a napkin. She suddenly froze. "Here comes our guy!" she breathed, a smile breaking out on her face. Without warning, she got out of the car and started running.

"Wait, what?" Fuse stared after her and decided it made the most sense to follow after her, which he did.

The criminal was running along, but he was clearly tired. However, he had a bit of a head start--though it was clearly not enough. Breathing heavily, he looked over his shoulder and spotted Saivel behind him, then picked up his pace.

"Ah f--" Saivel didn't bother shouting expletives and instead prepared a fireball in her left palm, throwing it after him as she took her gun out of her holster. The fireball barely missed the guy's head, singing his hair. Scared, he lost his balance and fell over.

Smirking smugly, Saivel stood over the man with her gun pointed at his head. "Hey. Now, if you know what's good for you, you'll come with me..." A moving object suddenly caught her attention. "What the hell, Fuse?"

The criminal thought he had a chance, but the moment he moved, Saivel kicked him. "Hey. Don't do that again."

Fuse caught up to Saivel, a little out of breath. "What the hell, Saivel?" he shot back at her, his gaze shifting to the criminal on the ground. "This our guy?"

"This my guy," Saivel snapped back. "I thought I told you to stay in the car!"

"...you didn't."

"Oh. Well, I thought it!"

The man on the ground stared at both of them, clearly confused. "Whatever," Saivel groaned. "Just help me get this guy in the car and back to the police station." She lifted the guy up and started pushing him back to her car.

Fuse stared after her, more than a little confused. "Okay," he muttered. Bemused and sighing (and questioning his friend's sanity), he followed after the half-angel.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Kaaaaaime

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down