Modern Magic

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Modern Magic

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Okay, he is very...Attractive for a guy....

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 pm

well this is awkward

lol, I still have to get used to drawing guys.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Anyways, I like it and that last chapter

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm

I am working on the next chapter~

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I guess the main thing about Kaime is some of the shading around the chest.

Which is very feminine.

The face in general seems feminine, too, but this can be blamed on animoo style making every guy look like a girl.

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 pm

would you kill me if I told you I had the next chapter ready but wanted to post it here tomorrow and not today

just hypothetically

no seriously, I'm actually not done. I'm almost done tho

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:31 pm

if you're wondering why I wouldn't want to post a chapter as soon as I was done with it, it's because periods where you write ALL THE STUFF are usually precursors to periods of writer's block.

If I don't post them all I can build up a buffer until I can start writing again. You'll still get one chapter per day.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Chapter 5

"Here's your criminal!" Saivel exclaimed cheerfully, shoving the man through the doors and into Corgall's face. "I'd like my check as soon as possible, if you don't mind." With a winning smile, she walked straight out and met Fuse in the hallway, who was trying to follow her. "Get back in the car, we'll talk more about what we'll do about Kendrick Llewellyn."

Fuse opened his mouth, but decided not to say anything, allowing Saivel to pull him through the hallway and back into her car. He sat there, clearly displeased, but finally decided to speak.

"Okay. What are we going to do about Kendrick Llewellyn?" he asked, unable to resist knowing what her plans were.

"Well, first off, I'm going to do something about Kendrick Llewellyn." Saivel would have spoken further, but Fuse cut her off.

"What? Why just you?"

Saivel winced. "Erh, well, my mom is an angel. I know some stuff about exorcising from her, and—"

"So? I can come along!" Fuse was mostly indignant, feeling as if Saivel thought he was a kid (he was a Chaos Lord! He could come along!).

"That's not the point! If the spirit or demon is strong enough, then they could possess you!" Saivel yelled, glaring at Fuse and causing him to fall silent. "And I'm not going to risk that. Now get out of my car."

Mutely, Fuse did as he was told, scared by the prospect of being possessed… again. Though he didn't clearly remember his experience when Valon's spirit had control of him, he knew it was unpleasant. He also understood Saivel's concern; if the spirit or demon had control of him, as a Chaos Lord… that could only bring bad things.

Saivel stared at Fuse as he walked away, presumably heading back to his citadel. She allowed herself to sigh, but froze up as she noticed Kaime walking out of the building to his motorcycle. He gave the area around him a glance, but didn't notice her car. Saivel allowed herself to relax as Kaime put on his helmet and sped out of the parking lot without giving her location any thought.

When she was young, her mother, Seraphime, had taught her a certain amount about exorcising. There were two types of beings that would possess or haunt a place: spirits and demons. They each latched on to different parts of the human soul. For lack of a better way to put it, there was a good part and a bad part of a human soul. Spirits latched on to the good part, while demons latched on to the bad. Depending on their power, they could almost entirely envelop or in some cases entirely overwrite the actual soul inside the body.

Spirits were essentially human souls. They were not necessarily dead, though a lot of power was required to be a spirit who was alive. Spirits were easier to take care of; you coaxed them out and into an object, preferably one enchanted with light, and guided them into the afterlife.

Demons, not so much. Depending on their power, they could be about as annoying as spirits or practically impossible for anyone who did not have angel in them to remove. Simply enough, you formed a solid orb of light, then caused the object of the possession to ingest it. If it was a haunting, you merely placed numbers of these orbs everywhere. The weakest demons would disappear, stronger ones would have to momentarily blink out of their host, and strong ones would lash back. In any case, they would be weakened. You would repeat the procedure until the demon would show itself, then disperse its being with magic.

However, the strongest demons could not be dissipated. You could only seal them away, and you had to be careful; they could catch you by surprise and possess you instead. Light magic was required to defend yourself, and you could seal them away in just about any object. But with the most powerful ones, you could only send them from the mortal plane for a certain amount of time.

Saivel thought this over as she drove through Xia City's roads, making her way to Earlton. As she passed by the woods between the two cities, she took a look at the note she had made on her napkin. Looking up, she spotted the dirt road that Fuse had told her about.

Wait.  She had to fetch the bracelet her mom had given her. Ah well. Marking the spot on her GPS, Saivel headed back home to get the bracelet.

It was simple; a thick ring of gold able to fit around her wrist, which glowed with a faint light. A small inscription encircled it. Her mother had told her it was supposed to protect her from demons and spirits. Hopefully, it would work.

Putting it on, Saivel sighed. She turned around and headed back. But something felt wrong to her. Something bad was in the air.

*~*~*~*

The door squeaked as she pushed it. The lights in the small house in the woods were all off; it was completely dark. The angel part of her knew that it wasn't just visible darkness, but magical darkness that surrounded the place.

Saivel gulped. "Kendrick?" she muttered. "Kendrick Llewellyn?" A fireball was made in her hand (Lords, I need to remember my light magic!) and she instinctively reached for her gun (useless! Useless useless useless!).

There was no reply. The darkness was pressing in on her, but a strange and ethereal blue light was located in one corner. She could barely make out a chair and a human form.

"Kendrick?" Saivel asked again. After a moment of struggling, the fireball in her hand disappeared, replaced by an orb of light no larger than her fist. It cast a comforting glow, but the darkness swallowed it up.

The blue light flared. Saivel gasped, letting the light loose throughout the room. The darkness disappeared all in one moment. Scared, she formed another orb of light. The angel part of her knew this was not a spirit, but a demon.

Walking over to Kendrick, she opened his mouth and put the smaller orb inside. He swallowed it, and the blue light momentarily disappeared, though it suddenly sprung back, flinging her across the room. It hurt her. It wasn't the angel part, she knew that. What was the demon?

She threw as much light as she could possibly muster at Kendrick, which was surprisingly powerful. Thank you, mother, for being an angel, she thought to herself. But her joy suddenly turned into fear. Saivel froze.

Above Kendrick was a demon. A demon, in physical form. Possibly one of the most powerful demons in existence, if it had a physical form. Or was it a she? Looked like it.

The demon smiled.

Saivel heard something crack.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Now. You're going to be confused when you read this chapter, probably starting when you start reading it. I'll put answers that don't spoil anything at the end of the chapter.

Chapter 6

Saivel propped herself up on her arms, sweat dripping down her forehead. Muttering something, she wiped some of the sweat away and stood up.

The bracelet had slipped off of her wrist. After giving it a quick look over, she put it on and shifted it on her arm. Once again, she muttered something, holding her head and looking up at Kendrick. Walking over to him, she felt his pulse. It seemed he was unconscious.

She reached down, patted her pocket. Her gun holster was on her right leg—gun was there, too—but her phone was in her car. Saivel gave Kendrick one more look and walked out the door.

A piano could be heard playing, a rather tinny sound, as if coming from a phone. It took Saivel a few moments to realize that it was coming from a phone. It was the piece 'To a Wild Rose,' and she had set it as…

Kaime's ringtone. Her eyes widened and she rushed  over to the car, grabbing her phone through the open window. Unlocking it with a swipe of her finger, she spoke as quickly as she could. "Kaime?"

"Saivel! You're okay! Lords, I was so worried. Fuse said something about you going and someone was possessed and… are you alright?"

Saivel's voice was flat as she replied. "I'm alright. The demon was weak. The guy who got possessed is unconscious right now, and I'm not strong enough to get him in my car."

Kaime breathed in. "Ooh… where are you? I'll head over as quickly as I can."

After a moment of thought, Saivel spoke again. "It's in the woods between Xia City and Earlton. On, uh, Ivyvine Street, pretty close to Earlton, there's a dirt path heading up the hill some. Follow that path and you'll get to where I am."

"Okay. Stay put, I'll be there as fast as I can. Love you."

Saivel smiled. "Love you too. Bye." She held the phone to her face until she heard the click of Kaime hanging up. Sighing, she got into her car and leaned her seat back. Wrapping her scarf around her eyes, she yawned and went to sleep.

It was the loud sound of a motorcycle that woke her. However, the sound soon choked as Kaime got off of his motorcycle and walked up to her. Smiling down at her through the window, he reached his hand through.

"Don't," Saivel mumbled in response, unwrapping her scarf from her head. She had a faint smile on her face. She shifted her chair up, then got out the door. "I guess we should move Kendrick now, huh?"

"Kendrick? That the guy who got possessed?"

"Yes. I forgot to mention it." Saivel yawned, making Kaime grin. He walked up to the porch of the cabin and opened the door, taking a look around. After Saivel walked in, he strolled over to Kendrick and picked him up.

Straining a little, he made his way back over to Saivel's car and plopped the incapacitated police officer in the back seat. Before he left, he graciously took Saivel's hand and was about to jokingly kiss it when he noticed something.

"When did you get that bracelet? I've never seen it before, but it's really pretty."

Saivel smiled. "It's a gift from my mother. It's just a good luck charm, enchanted with some light so it glows in the dark."

"Is that a crack there?..."

"That's just your eyes tricking you. It's in perfect condition."

Kaime seemed to accept this, shrugging and kissing her hand. "I will see you back in Xia City," he announced cheerfully, before jogging over to his motorcycle and starting it up. Saivel giggled and got into her car.

"Yeah," she muttered to herself. "See you in Xia City…"

*~*~*~*

Saivel stopped outside of the police station. Kendrick had woken up half an hour ago, but was still confused and seemed a little damaged by his overall experience. After a quick explanation from Saivel, he agreed to explain everything to the police.

"Here we are," Saivel said, turning to Kendrick. "Head on in and tell them everything."

Kendrick nodded. "Thanks." He smiled briefly and got out of her car. Saivel watched him walk up the steps into the station, then rolled up her windows, yawned, and was going to head home until she noticed someone particular in the parking lot, and his citadel floating a few blocks away. Groaning, she rolled the windows back down.

"Hey, Fuse," she mumbled.

"Good to know you're alright. How did the exorcism go?" Fuse asked in reply, walking over to her window. He was speaking with honest interest.

"It was easy. The demon didn't pose any threat." Saivel turned to the clock on her dash. "Kendrick just headed into the station to tell them what happened. Given that it's 6:57, I was thinking of heading home myself."

"Ah. Alright then," Fuse replied. As he moved back, Saivel rolled up the windows and started up the engine. Instinctively, he stepped back again, allowing her to move backwards, turn, and speed out of the parking lot. He stared after her, annoyed. "Rude!" he muttered, but didn't think much of it.

However, as he walked back to his citadel, he couldn't help but wonder something. Something felt off about Saivel. Something seemed hostile towards him. He didn't have a clue what it was. Maybe the encounter with the demon had just set her on edge. In any case, it wasn't something to be bothered about.

…right.

----Question's You're Probably Asking--
Did we miss something? Where's the demon? Is Kendrick really not possessed anymore?

Yes, you did miss something. The demon isn't possessing Kendrick anymore. Everything will be clarified... later.

Does the bracelet actually have a crack?

Once again, later.

What's up with Fuse at the end?

:3

>:3

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Probably legit spoilers but also speculation till confirmed:
Saivel's possessed and the demon needs to get close enough to Fuse to take him over. Seeing how he's now Chaos Lord, possession of him would be a lot harder, but should he take enough damage in the fight, (Which is gonna happen, I know it) it would be possible. I'd also expect possibly possessed Saivel possibly manipulating Kaime? Kaime and Saivel VS Fuse, maybe? It would probably force Fuse to go into his full transformation, which would cause people to get angry.

Very angry.
More speculation:
And that would probably cause Fuse to go "Screw you guys" and go about bringing back the old world order or something like that, for a society where the ELs are above all, and are viewed as what they are- almost gods.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Right on one point, wrong on the other, there's only the tiniest sliver of a hint about something else in the story so I doubt anyone would find a way to logically expect it. :3 On to writing the next chapter.

but here's a hint: n;ir od mpt esyrt. niy///

And here's a hint for that: --->

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Chapter 7

When Saivel woke up, she heard something, presumably coming from her phone. Lying down and waiting didn't affect the annoying noise, so she turned over in her bed and grabbed it. A text message. That was what the noise was notifying her of. Looking blearily at the time, she noticed that it was around 8:30. Not an unreasonable time to be sending a text message, though Fuse tended not to send text messages at all. Saivel yawned and read it.

Hey Saivel. Can you meet me at the plaza we met at a while ago for lunch? It'd be best if you arrived around 12:30 to 12:45. Thanks. –F

Staring at the text, she decided she could answer it after she'd brushed her teeth, maybe put on some makeup, and gotten dressed. She went through the first task with much reluctance, the second with more enthusiasm, and spent a whole lot of time on the last one. After a bordering on ridiculous amount of consideration, she settled on a blue-and-purple striped short-sleeved T-shirt, denim shorts, her usual tennis shoes, and her white scarf. As she ended up passing by her gold bracelet, she put that on too.

Since she did have three hours left before she had to go and the plaza was a short drive away, Saivel fiddled around, entertaining herself and cooking herself some breakfast (nothing special, toast and eggs and other breakfast stuff). Afterwards, she stared at the clock until it read 12:10 and then dashed to her car, driving to the plaza barely under the speed limit.

She found Fuse sitting at a table, absentmindedly nursing a few pieces of lettuce in a Caesar salad and staring off into the distance mysteriously. Instead of poking fun at him, she merely sat across from him and stared at him intently. Fuse quickly turned to look at her, put down his fork, and put his hands on his lap.

"Hello," he said, trying to begin a conversation. "So, I was wondering, could you give me more details about getting rid of the demon."

For a few moments, Saivel continued staring at him in silence. "There's not much of interest to state. Just a quick little bit of this…" she formed a small orb of light in her hand, then got rid of it, "and the demon was gone."

"Mm… just wondering, why are you wearing that bracelet?"

"Oh, this? It's a gift from my mother." Saivel took the bracelet off and studied it. "She enchanted it with some light to ward off weaker demons and spirits."

"So does it glow in the dark or something?"

"I don't know," Saivel replied. "Why don't you try?"

Fuse nodded, covering the bracelet with his hands and taking a peek at it. "…doesn't seem to be glowing…" But he noticed something else. Namely, that it didn't appear to have light magic in it, but something else. He couldn't identify it; but it definitely rubbed him the wrong way. Hiding a frown, Fuse handed the bracelet back. "Okay. I just wanted to know more about what happened, I guess. Thanks for telling me. I don't see why you had to worry so much about me coming along, though."

Saivel laughed. "Are you really sore about that? I didn't know how powerful the demon was, and I didn't want to risk it. It was nice talking to you." Fuse nodded again, standing up and waving goodbye, before turning and walking away.

At least, it certainly appeared that way for a few seconds, until he unexpectedly turned on his heel and slammed his hands on the table. "Okay, Saivel. Why are you lying?"

In response, Saivel flinched, frightened by the sudden action. Fuse took this silence to continue speaking.

"That bracelet is broken. And it's not enchanted with light magic, it's enchanted with… something else. Would you mind telling me what that is?"

Saivel stared at him blankly for a few moments, then began to scoot away from the table. Fuse stopped her with a glare.

"Not to mention, if the bracelet can repel weak demons, I don't suppose stronger ones could have broken it…"

At this Saivel finally stood, completely calm. There was no expression on her face to note. Her eyes flashed blue, and Fuse was momentarily blinded, stumbling back. His eyes cleared to see the blue and white light surrounding her, smoke-like and intangible. His ears were filled with some esoteric language as he was shoved backwards forcefully, the magic practically burning him with its power. When Fuse could see again, Saivel was gone.

Anyone who knew Fuse would've been shocked by the amounts of curses he was muttering under his breath as he got up and sat down in his chair. He stared up at the sky for a moment, sighed, and closed his eyes.

At least I know the answer to my question now, he thought grimly to himself. Though I suppose that there's nothing I can do about it.

Without opening his eyes, he fished in his pockets for his cell phone, then speed-dialed Venia. She answered almost immediately. "Fuse?"

"Hey, Venia." Fuse let out another sigh. "We've got a problem. Meet me at the plaza as soon as you possibly can. I'll explain everything once you get there."

"…Okay." Venia quickly hung up, and Fuse closed his phone and sighed.

Order magic. Fuse laughed at himself. Who would've thought the demon knew Order magic?

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Spoiler:
Now it comes down to Order and Chaos both being weak to each other, depending how it's used. Should Order's source of power break apart/be corrupted, like Xyla's core, or an order warrior's enchanted weapon/staff, then the person can't use Order magic. Chaos is weak to Order in general, though, so Fuse will have to be crafty.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Spoiler:
This is sort of on different terms, this being a demon and all. It is practically made of Order magic, and has another handy little gimmick following that. :3

Also, Saivel herself conveniently has some resistance to Chaos due to her ancestry. It's not enough to make it impossible for the Order demon to possess her (Fuse can't be possessed by it because they would both explodededed.).

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:52 am

Chapter 8

Venia arrived at Fuse's table in a matter of minutes, though she did seem a little out of breath. Fuse was silent until she managed to catch her breath, at which point she spoke. "Well, I came here as fast as I could. Would you mind explaining why I had to come over here?"

Fuse opened his mouth to speak, only to shut it unexpectedly and for panic to flash in his eyes. "Oh lords, Kaime," he muttered, rubbing his eyes. "I forgot to call Kaime…"

"…would you mind telling me why it's so imperative we're all over here? What about Saivel, then?"

"This is about Saivel." Fuse sighed. "Ugh, I hope I have Kaime's number…" He took out his phone and began looking through his contacts. Venia stared at him, confused, until Fuse grinned widely, pumping his fist in the air. "Yes! I have his number!"

He quickly called him. The rings he had to wait through seemed to be eternity, but Kaime quickly picked up. "Fuse? Uh, hi?..."

"Kaime! This is really serious! I need you to drop everything and head to the plaza by, uh…" Fuse looked for a street sign. "Laurel Boulevard!"

"Fuse, what is it that's so urgent? I'd like to have an explanation, I'm in the middle of something."

"In the middle of what?" Fuse's face turned grim. "You're not with Saivel right now, are you?"

"Uh, no. I was talking with a tenant—wait. Why would being with Saivel be a bad thing?" You could hear Kaime's frown over the phone. "Did something happen or what?"

"Demons and possessions and I was worried because then you might be possessed and—just get over to the plaza which Laurel Boulevard runs by as soon as you possibly can."

There was a moment of silence before Kaime replied. "I, uh, can't get possessed, but I'll head on over there, I guess." He turned away from his phone and shouted something inaudible. "I'll see you there."

"Wait, what do you mean you can't get—" Kaime hung up before Fuse could finish his question. A bit bemused, Fuse closed his phone and sat down. "…well."

"Can you tell me now?" Venia asked, her patience thinning. She gave Fuse an unamused look. When he shook his head no, her look got progressively worse.

"I don't want to explain it more than once, so let's just wait until Kaime gets here." Venia seemed satisfied with this, and Fuse allowed himself to relax for a moment and plot out his explanation in his head. It was bit hard for him to believe as well. Since Saivel is descended from Chaos Lords, then why is an Order demon able to possess her? Would it be able to possess me, then? Or is the amount of Chaos in Saivel's blood not enough that the Order demon can't possess her? Fuse frowned, tapped his fingers, and waited.

It didn't take Kaime very long to appear, screeching to a stop on his motorcycle. He removed his helmet and made his way over to them quickly. Surprisingly, he seemed a little bothered by being bothered to leave whatever he was doing and head to the plaza. In any case, he quickly asked the question that Venia had.

"Well, what are we here for?"

Fuse took in a breath. "Well," he began, then started over. "Well… we have a very, very major problem." Before either of the two had a chance to speak, he said it, quick and simple. "Saivel is possessed."

He allowed them a moment to mull this over. Kaime spoke first. "…uh, what?"

"Look, I'm not sure on the details, but she is, because the Saivel I know has no expertise in Order magic." Kaime nodded, seeming to accept this fact. "It's probably the demon that possessed Kendrick Llewellyn. So, our goal is to make Saivel… not possessed."

"Fuse, none of us know how," Venia pointed out. "Besides, Order magic? You're weak to that."

"It's also weak against me," Fuse retorted smartly. Venia shrugged.

"My point still stands. Jussayin."

Kaime gave her an odd look. "…so. How should we go about… making Saivel… not possessed?" His voice was almost imperceptibly quivering. Fuse knew this was a bit of a personal matter. Before he was going to answer ("I don't really know") something else caught his attention.

"Well… we don't really have a choice right now, I guess…"

Their attention shifted first to the fact that the plaza was entirely empty except for them, then the fact that Saivel was standing in the center of it, staring at them with anger clear on her face.

Fuse gritted his teeth. He took the sword hilt he always kept in his jacket out, focusing and causing Chaos magic to course through its entirety, forming a full katana. He narrowed his eyes and stepped forward, as if challenging Saivel—or rather, the demon possessing her.

She merely raised an eyebrow. A circle around her lit up with a blue, practically blinding light. When they could see again (which, considering, was probably a few seconds after the actual event) Saivel was covered in an armor made out of stone. More specifically, a blue and white stone. Even more specifically, it was Orderstone, a usually liquid material which, at cooler temperatures, would assert itself as a solid stone and was incredibly resistant to force. It also had the magical and unexplicable property of being imbued with a significant amount of Order magic; enough that it could be questioned how Saivel was surviving the massive amount of it surrounding her body at the moment.

Before the question could enter anyone's minds, however (and significantly before they could be able to ask the question in a coherent manner), they found themselves in a rather unfortunate predicament, as four spears (made out of Orderstone, which appeared to be a running theme) had appeared, spreading out in front of Saivel. She smirked at them, as if daring them to move a single muscle to attack her.

Kaime drew in air through his teeth and glanced at Fuse nervously. "Uh, Venia," he whispered. She could barely hear him, and gave him an odd look. "I think we should, uh, get out of here. Because, well, this is not going to end well for us if we stay here. 'Cause, uh, you know…"

Venia continued giving him the same odd look, but Fuse overheard what Kaime had said and just barely nodded, clearly angry at the being possessing Saivel. Venia sighed and held up her hands in front of her, then stepped backwards, Kaime following her example until the two had retreated from the plaza. Once they had left, the four spears all centered on Fuse.

He stared at them, unimpressed, and slashed his katana a single time. Each tip of the spear fell off easily. Holding his hands up, he began to corrupt them, but found they quickly dissolved into the ground and were beyond his reach. "Well, that's not nice," he stated, giving Saivel the same look he had given the spears.

She did not reply, merely mouthing 'Really?' while looking at his katana. Fuse frowned, but then again, her right hand did suddenly glow, and a large warhammer appeared in it.

"If you want to be a match for me," Saivel said in a matter-of-fact tone, "you can't restrain yourself with such idiotic toys."

Fuse laughed grimly. "Oh, really? Because I'm sure that I can be more than a match for you."

"Yes, really. And my opinion will remain that way until you can prove me wrong."

Fuse said nothing in response. For a few moments they stood there, until Fuse began smiling. Saivel's expression did not change, though inside the demon was wondering exactly why he was smiling. Its question soon was answered, as black stone armor sprouted around Fuse's body, glowing with Chaos energy. His katana flickered, then renewed itself with more power, the light from it almost blinding.

He looked up at Saivel, as if asking her to respond. "What's your opinion now?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Spoiler:
Oh gosh yes

You need to draw this scene

Either way, since the bracelet is probably covered in the armor, (And is what I expected to be corrupted) it's really up to Fuse to overwhelm the demon with a ton of chaos energy. That, or just corrupt the battlefield to even the odds, since the area would constantly replenish his power, evening out the extra damage that the orderstone would do.

But srs Order armor Saivel VS Fuse's Chaos Lord form

Draw ittttttttttttt

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:32 pm

I will. I think. :3

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:41 pm

This is getting intense...I didn't play LoL this morning cuz I read this instead...Don't let it Die like To Force change.....>_>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:35 pm

So far, I've only read the first chapter... I'm just confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:36 pm

why?

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:37 pm

I don't know, just a lot of things are unanswered...

And well, it's based of the headache causing Plot.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Chapter 9

Saivel cracked a smile. "Unchanged… But. That's what I'm talking about. Now…" She held out her warhammer, changing it into a long-handled weapon similar to a khopesh in design, then smiled. Fuse laughed, bringing his katana up.

Both stepped further into the plaza, standing apart from each other for a few moments. Saivel had a perfectly calm expression on her face; Fuse, an eerie smile. Finally Fuse struck first, slashing his katana downwards towards Saivel. A thick stream of Orderstone suddenly rose in front of her, taking the hit and disappearing moments after.

"Oh, you're going to try to do that?" Fuse growled, rushing forward and swinging in his katana from the side. Saivel met it with the handle of her weapon, neatly hooking into the solidified blade of the katana and pulling it upwards, flapping with her wings to get height. In response, the blade promptly disappeared, reforming as he stepped away from her. Saivel smiled innocently in response to Fuse's glare.

"I've got a question for you, demon. How is it you've managed to form that armor around Saivel without killing her?"

The demon merely laughed. "That's for me to know, and you to find out." She took Fuse by surprise as she suddenly dived downwards, stabbing towards him with her weapon. He barely had time to react and could only make a futile attempt to block with his katana. He failed, being pushed back by the attack, though his armor held strong. Saivel easily recovered from her dive, fluttering around above him.

"Get down here, coward," Fuse hissed, blasting Chaos energy towards her. His eyes glowed threateningly. "I can overpower everything here, and I can use all of it to kill you—" Suddenly, he stopped. No. He was angry, but he had to be careful, because even though he was its Lord, Chaos was never under anyone's control. It was a living thing, attacking and helping of its own accord. And he could not count on it not to destroy the whole city.

"Why did you stop, Fuse? Is it that you're afraid? Is it that you're the coward, not me?" Saivel smirked. "You could get up here if you wanted. You could attack me, you could kill me if you wanted to. Oh wait, you can't kill me." She laughed. "You can get rid of me, but you can't kill me…"

"Shut up!" Batlike wings sprouted from the back of Fuse's armor, and with one beat of his wings, he brought himself up to face Saivel. Chaos energy pulsed in his free hand, ready to be fired at any moment. Saivel yawned.

"Boring," she muttered. Enraged, Fuse shot a beam of energy towards her, which she easily blocked with liquid Orderstone. The moment it began to turn purple, showing its corruption she got rid of it, but she was already out of harm's way. Saivel—the demon inside Saivel, rather—had the clear advantage here. It was only if Fuse threw caution to the wind that he could, perhaps, get rid of the demon.

"Missed me, missed me," she taunted in a singsong voice. "What's wrong, Fusie? Too scared?" He swung blindly towards her, catching her off guard, and managed to chip the shoulder of her armor. Saivel gasped, moving backwards and causing Fuse to lose his balance. He barely managed to keep himself from falling to the ground. Gently, he let out a wave of energy towards the ground. It began to crack, purple vein-like formations covering its surface. Saivel hissed, flying higher. Her weapon changed into a slightly curved, double-edged sabre as she flew a bit backwards, perching on the rooftop of the nearest building.

Fuse laughed. "What now?" he asked the demon, bringing up a massive beam of Chaos energy from the ground to aim at her. The Orderstone she put out managed to absorb most of the power, but she was sent backwards anyway, her armor showing signs of damage.

"I kill you!" she yelled in reply, sending a wave of Orderstone in retaliation. A purple bubble formed around Fuse, protecting him from harm. As he was going to reply with a witty retort, he found Saivel charging him. The moment she was within range, she slashed at him. Fuse forced her away with a blast of magic, sending her into the wall of the building.

"She told me you would be like this," Saivel said. "She told me I wouldn't be able to get to Xyla without a fight. She told me that I shouldn't kill you! Well guess what. Now I am going to kill you. F—k whatever she said! I'm going to f—king kill you!"

Saivel madly charged at Fuse, through the pulse of Chaos energy he sent out and finally barreling into him. As he tumbled to the ground, she madly slashed at him, her weapon changing as she continued her relentless attack. His armor was barely standing up, and soon the left shoulder gave way. Fuse managed to just barely stumble back, sending Chaos energy at Saivel and attempting to regain his balance. He'd hardly registered what Saivel had said, instead running forward to clash with her. Every time either one tried to attack, the other blocked it with ease. They remained at this standstill until Fuse managed to position Saivel in the center of the plaza.

For a moment, he ceased blocking her attacks and instead stepped back. Saivel lost her balance, allowing Fuse to utilize the energy now radiating from the ground to blast her into the nearest wall. "You were going to kill me, huh? How about I kill you?"

Her armor was cracked, chipped, and dented, just as his was. Saivel glared at Fuse and spoke perfectly calmly, with absolutely no variation in tone. "Look at yourself." Her eyes were brown, making Fuse stumble backwards. What the hell just happened? he asked himself. Confused, he stared at Saivel, her eyes still brown.

She gently removed the gauntlet covering her right hand and forearm, revealing the bracelet underneath. Gently, she took it off and threw it towards Fuse, who barely managed to catch it.

Now he could sense it. It was just a thin veil of Order magic, keeping the Chaos magic contained inside in check. The Order was weakened, so much of it being poured into the armor, the weapons, the everything. There was so much Chaos power inside, Fuse could hardly believe it was possible. How could something like that be contained in that little bracelet? He turned it around in his hands, looking at the inscription. It was in some ancient, esoteric language.

"O holder of magic, protect thine users with thine power," Saivel recited. "And may you ever be one who can contain what they wish to give you." She turned to Fuse and smiled. "That's right, I'm back, baby."

----

explanations next chapter! yay!

also, that's not the last you've seen of that demon. Razz

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 pm

"That's right, I'm back, baby."

+1 laugh from Fuse

Spoiler:
The bracelet contained a ton of chaos energy to prevent possession by Order, similar to Fuse's blood itself, which is really just pumped full of chaos energy. The bracelet wasn't strong enough, but when the demon used up a good chunk of its power, it couldn't stop the chaos.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:45 am

Spoiler:
Actually, no. The bracelet was made by Saivel's mother, who had absolutely no ability concerning Chaos magic. She was an angel who was the wife of a Chaos Lord, which does not mean she had any talent with Chaos magic. Originally enchanted with light, which has the general ability to ward off demons (the opposite element of the demon has a better effect), the bracelet was broken by the sheer power of the demon now possessing Saivel, and the light magic went poof. Or was. Or maybe it's still possessing her. Or maybe it's not! :PIn any case, no, the bracelet did not originally have Chaos in it, but Light. The Chaos is in it for a different reason, and the Order magic surrounding it like a veil may help the explanation make more sense.

The Chaos magic present inside her blood is what makes Saivel's eyes purple most of the time. It's worth noting that when she's the one talking here, they're brown.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 am

IT'S NOT DEAD GUYS

Chapter 10

The armor around Saivel melted and disappeared, revealing her usual clothing. Fuse stared at her, disbelieving. "Is this a trick?" he automatically asked. Saivel laughed in reply, brushing off her clothing and standing up.

"Not a trick. Eyes are brown, see? She got tired out after that battle, and now she's… resting, I guess. So I'm in control now." Saivel took a look around her. "You really wrecked this place, huh? Can you fix the ground? Also, could you give me back my bracelet?"

She waved her hand towards the wrecked stones of the plaza. Fuse smiled sheepishly. "Yes on the bracelet, but on the ground… uh, no, I can't. Sorry."

Saivel breathed in. "Ah well. Give me the bracelet, if you will. The ground I can fix myself." Fuse offered the bracelet, which she took and put on. She threw the ends of her scarf to her back, then closed her eyes and concentrated. A blue smoke-like substance emitted from her hands, covering the stones and returning them to their former appearance. Fuse stared at this spectacle with disbelief—Saivel was using Order magic.

"This is a trick." He gripped his katana and was about to get into a battle ready stance until Saivel laughed and shook her head no.

"It's not a trick. Come on. Let's walk and I'll explain it all." She waved towards the street. Fuse stared at her, almost as if asking her how stupid she thought he was, but the way she was acting seemed so very Saivel it was hard to doubt her. He let his katana down, dispersing the blade but holding the hilt tightly. His armor disappeared as he did this. Saivel smiled and began walking, Fuse following after her.

They walked in silence for a few minutes, making their way down the road to the nearest parking lot. Fuse started the conversation. "So," he said, "would you mind explaining the… the everything?"

Saivel let out a breath. "First off: this is not a trick. This is me. This is Saivel. Want proof?" She slipped the bracelet off, pulling Chaos energy from it and into her hand. Staring at it for a moment, she quickly pushed it back into the bracelet.

"That's no proof," Fuse scoffed. Saivel sighed.

"Look, if I actually pull my Chaos energy back then I'm going to be dying a lot quicker, okay? I'd rather not speed up the process, I'm quite happy living for a few more decades and not a week."

Saivel smirked at Fuse's clearly confused expression. "I can explain it. Just know this is not a trick. I'm not going to kill you. This is Saivel. Me." She gestured towards herself and then at Fuse. "Me. Not her."

"Who is she?" Fuse asked. "The demon?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, that sounded really mysterious and stuff."

"What's her name?"

Saivel took a breath in. "Well," she began. "Well… you wouldn't understand it."

"Huh?" Fuse frowned. "What do you mean?"

Saivel gave Fuse a condescending look and spoke something. He couldn't understand it; it was some harsh, tonal language, probably old and heavy with magical influences. "That's her name," Saivel said smugly.

"…can't translate?"

"Well, it means something along the lines of 'island's stone river.'" Saivel laughed and repeated the demon's name. "My mom always called it spirit tongue; it's the same language that my bracelet's runes are written in."

"So some ancient, powerful language that angels, demons, basically anything that's not really… of this plane, know?"

"Not counting ELs, yes. That's the gist of it. Hard to learn, too. I know very little from my mom but the rest is from the sort of thing that happens when you're a willing vessel… like, sharing knowledge. Helped her learn English, as well." Saivel paused. "Huh, I should give her a name, shouldn't I? Like Gaea or Terra or something… Never mind. I'll explain the whole…" she waved her arms around. "…the thing."

Fuse nodded. "Yeah, I'd like an explanation." He crossed his arms and frowned at Saivel, who merely laughed.

"Alright. Uh, so as best as I can explain…" Saivel paused and clicked her tongue. "Okay. So. I head to the cabin Kendrick's in. The demon reveals herself. She can't possess Kendrick anymore because he's too weak. He would die, and she would be stuck, and since she was so weak at the time she'd just return to her realm. So she just left to the cabin.

"And, uh, we kind of had a talk. As best of a talk as we could have, what with my limited knowledge of spirit tongue. She told me everything. She wants to go to Xyla."

Fuse raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Shush, I'm going to get to that. Basically, she's the demon that inhabited the Orderstone, causing it to have its magical power. When Xyla got all… petrified, she was shunted into the spirit realm, her power remaining behind. Now she's reappeared, she'll slowly regain her power—making Orderstone lose its. She wants to get to Xyla so she can… die."

"She was never alive," Fuse replied. "How can she die?"

"Well, sort of eternally return to the spirit realm. To a peaceful existence. She'll leave her power behind in the Orderstone, but she herself will disappear from this plane, never to be seen here again.

"Now, I was strong enough to be a good vessel for her, but there was another issue. I've got Chaos in my blood; she's an Order spirit. If she possessed me, I'd die in a week; maybe faster. She'd broken the bracelet, meaning the light inside it had escaped. I stored as much of my Chaos inside it as I could and she put Order around it to seal it in.

"I want to find her a new vessel for two reasons: One, I haven't gotten rid of all the Chaos. I'm dying… just really slowly. And two… if you hang around, the Order isn't going to last forever. The Chaos is going to head for you, and I won't have it anymore."

"I can… not see why you wouldn't want that."

"Haha, very funny. I've lived with it all my life, Fuse. I'm not going to give it up now." Saivel paused. "Is it understood now?"

"Yes, I believe it is understood." Fuse's katana disappeared. "Shouldn't we tell the others this?"

Saivel smiled. "Yes, we'll tell them just that."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: