i know right i'm sorry i spoiled that for you guys but i just couldn't resist

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern Magic

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am

Chapter 15

Seraphime coughed and stood inside the still faintly glowing circle, ushering Sarine to stand behind her, outside of the circle. The man who had been speaking coughed and stepped back up to the microphone. "Our ceremony should continue now, if there are no further interruptions…" Nothing happened. "Alright then." He turned to Seraphime, who merely nodded.

Picking up the angel-winged wand, she began to say something in another language, the tip of the wand glowing with a white light, as did Caraxa's wings.

Something happened, ending with a blinding white light. Caraxa blinked and stretched her wings, now appearing much like Seraphime's—they glowed slightly, making them distinguishable from Saivel's. "And now, with my own holy authority, I declare you High Priestess of this Church." Caraxa smiled and curtsied, Seraphime merely nodding. Everyone clapped politely and sort of dispersed, chatting throughout the room. Seraphime sighed and walked off of the stage with Sarine following closely behind, making her way over to Fuse. Saivel frowned.

"Look, if you are really that determined to combat holy authority, and one of the most powerful demons we know of, then I will have nothing to do with it. I can't help you. But I won't hurt you." Fuse stared at Seraphime, perplexed. "And it is worth, at the very least, telling him. You will need all the help you can get." With that said, Seraphime turned and was about to leave when Sarine walked in front of Saivel, looking up at her.

Saivel's expression softened and she leaned down, hugging her sister tightly. Sarine looked up at her mother questioningly. "Don't worry about it, Sarine," Saivel said softly, noticing her sister's confusion. "It's nothing you should worry about." Releasing her from the hug, she kissed her on the forehead and stood up, a sad smile on her face. "I suppose you'll be going now, won't you?"

"Yes." Seraphime took Sarine by her side. "We will be going now." They suddenly began to fade out, disappearing in a matter of moments.

"Wait… so if Sarine is… and your mother can bring her, why can't you?..."

"It's not that easy. She's an angel—a seraph and it's still difficult—and I'm just a half-angel. It's practically a miracle they let us live anyway. Even if you are an angel, there's so much bother to go through it practically isn't worth it. Mom can do it because Sarine is such a little kid, and that's just really being lenient." Saivel sighed. "If you don't mind, I think we'd better actually eat something."

*~*~*~*

Saivel blinked a few times and turned her gaze to Fuse. "Alright, Fu… Fuzz. Drink or… Drink or Drink?" She looked at him expectantly for an answer, an empty wine glass hanging limply in her hand.

Callia laughed. "S'not Drink or Drink, s'Drink or Dare. Silly."

"I'm not playing, anyway." Fuse smiled a little with his hands on his lap. Saivel pouted.

"C'mon," she whined in reply.

"How about I ask you a question?" Fuse offered. Saivel shrugged and failed to form the word 'sure,' her lips moving but no sound coming out. "Why do you dislike your mother so much?"

Even with her senses and reason dulled by alcohol, Saivel still frowned and was quiet for a few moments while Callia giggled again. Caraxa simply looked at Fuse, her blue eyes oddly convicting, causing him to look away and spot the same blond hair with dark red and black spots he'd seen before. Narrowing his eyes, he couldn't see who it belonged to and decided to turn to Saivel, who seemed to be mulling over his question, tongue in her cheek.

Finally, she blurted out simply, "'cause she's perfect," and set her wine glass on the table, as well as her face, looking up at Fuse with her brown eyes, her speech clearing. "'Cause she's perfect, just like him, and I'm never gonna be perfect, never gonna be like him, or her, and that's… I don't deserve perfection, and I can't be perfection, and I can't handle perfection that I can't be." She looked close to tears. "Why can't someone just be flawed like me? Why does everyone have to be perfect?"

Caraxa closed her eyes and sighed. Saivel looked at her, still lying on the table. "Think we should start driving now," she said. Fuse frowned.

"Wait. I, uh…" he paused. "I saw someone with blond hair, and it had weird… weird colors, like red and black and…" His frown deepened. "Keep on seeing the hair and nothing else."

Caraxa was quiet. "I'm sorry?" she said softly. Fuse stared at her. She sighed. "You must be seeing Denree. Don't concern yourself about her…"

"She's odd in the head," Saivel added helpfully. Fuse just kept on frowning.

"Why would she be sort of… you know… doing that?"

"Denree's what you call a Demon Priestess, one of the few left. But something messed up, and it'd be best for you to just not bother. Alright, let's get everybody home, then—" Caraxa noticed Fuse's look into the distance and narrowed her eyes.

He could see Denree, if it was Denree. Caraxa sighed, turned, and walked over to the dark-eyed Demon Priestess, taking her hand and saying something softly. Though Denree's gaze at first seemed to be focused on him, he realized that she was almost staring through him or past him and a chill went up his spine. He could feel Void's presence very acutely, and knew he was just as uncomfortable.

Then Denree let go of Caraxa's hand and seemed to float, not walk, in a sort of meandering way, disappearing eventually into a darkened doorway. "Let's… let's stay away from here." Fuse agreed.

Caraxa started to walk out the doors, waving everyone along. Saivel groaned in complaint, but managed to stand in a bit of a wobbly way and make her way down the steps with Fuse guiding her along into the van again. When everyone had been seated, Caraxa started the car, and they drove silently through the night.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 am

Chapter 16

Her white wings shimmered like mother of pearl as she appeared in the starkly white room. A black-haired, purple-eyed man seated on a chair looked up as she arrived with the young girl. Smiling, he ran forward and hugged the girl, but she was preoccupied with the other one.

His hair was blond, his eyes blue, and his robe white as hers were, but his hair curled and he had two wings instead of the six she sported. "So," he said simply. "You told her."

"Yes."

"And she did not like it."

"No." She fought the temptation to say 'of course she wouldn't.' "We didn't expect her to either."

He nodded. "Ah well… and you have warned her?"

"Yes. She still refused."

"I see." He walked out of the room, waving her along with him. For a few moments, they walked in complete silence through the white hallways before they reached the outside, stepping into the garden with assorted sweet-smelling plants.

He reached out and inspected the leaf of a nearby tree. She coughed as if to remind him of their conversation. In response, he nodded and turned to her. "Not as her mother… what do you think we should do?"

"I think… we should first search for another vessel, then if necessary… keep… keep Order there." She bit her lip, looked somewhere else. He nodded.

"We've already looked for another vessel. But she will not allow us to keep Order there without a fight. What do you think we should do?"

"…somehow convince her."

"You talking to her hasn't worked," he noted. "So what shall we do?"

"If peaceful measures don't work… we have to resort to force."

"Trapping her won't work, it'll gather too much attention." She knew what he was doing. Getting her consent in a way so that she couldn't say no. "So…"

"Cause her pain, though something no one will understand. She can't go to someone for help."

He smiled. "And how shall we do that?"

She fell silent for a minute. He let her do that, going back to inspecting his leaf.

"Break the bracelet," she said softly.

"What was that?" He knew exactly what she had said. Inside she was fuming.

"Break the bracelet," she repeated. "Give the Chaos back."

"Quite reasonable," He agreed. He smiled at her. She barely kept herself from smacking him. "And now that you've suggested it… would you mind doing it?"

"…no. …Not at all, sir."

"Thank you, Seraphime." He smiled once again, patted her shoulder. "I knew I could trust you." Then he walked off, disappeared in a flash of light. Left her there. Angry.

She hated him. Hated them all. Of course, she knew it was reasonable. The only thing they could do. There was no way to let Order out into something, no way to get her another vessel. But she was her mother, and it wasn't right.

Sighing, she flapped her wings halfheartedly, then flew. She didn't see him anywhere, and she didn't want to see him anywhere either. That worked out very well. Sighing, she looked around. She could never remember the location of the Access; after all, she was their go-to for summonings and initiations, having the most experience 'down there.' Some of the wittier ones joked about exactly what kind of experiences she had had.

Finally, she saw it, though she didn't want to. She didn't want to see anything, didn't want to be here. Once again she sighed and glided down as gently and as slowly as she could in a slow, slow spiral. She wanted to put it off as long as she could.

She landed. Didn't want to land. Had to land. Walked up the stairs. Didn't want to walk. Had to walk. Stood there, readied her magic. Didn't want to ready it, use it. Had to, though. She had to do everything. She hated to do everything.

Closing her eyes, she reached out, looked around for her bracelet. It took her almost no time to find it, and she hated it.

Saivel wobbly walked into her apartment, stumbled through the door, and sprawled out on the couch. Before she slipped off to sleep, she heard a crack.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:40 am

Well this will totally end well

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Totally.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 pm

(i actually have no idea how i'm supposed to make it end well now, oh well, i'll figure it out somehow i suppose)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:51 am

(this will update soon, sorry the next chapter hasn't happened yet I blame it on the angels because all of the angels are a--holes)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 am

Chapter 17

The moment she realized it, she screamed.

It still took Saivel too long to wake up. Her eyes barely cracked open and she grumbled, "what the hell, Order?"

Words didn't flow properly. It was addling her mind, confusing her. Everything she was trying to do just wasn't working properly and it hurt, oh it hurt! She couldn't do anything but scream.

"What the hell?!" Saivel finally groaned, opening her eyes properly and propping herself up on her elbow. A purple haze flitted across her vision as the remains of her bracelet fell against each other with a pleasing, musical chink. "Aah—" she looked down at the sparkling chunks. "No—"

Order managed to stop screaming and instead poured out nonsense. She wasn't sure what she was trying to say—warnings, maybe, or just chastising Saivel for taking too long—but in any case, Saivel reacted quickly.

Despite the bracelet's wrecked condition, the magic still came out in a slow leak. Saivel gently guided the haze into a messy sort of ball, cupping her hands around both that and the bracelet's golden remains. Order managed to calm down (well, she could form words every now and then) enough to say something.

Saivel concentrated on her mangled speech. She could make out relatively few words, some of them spirit language. Broken, how, understand… can't, impossible… die. Saivel sighed. "Order, please try to be quiet." She stared down at the Chaos in her hands, not certain what to do with it. Her hands tingled, as if tiny needles were poking into her skin. Well, she couldn't let it go. That was… that was definite.

Her musings were interrupted by someone knocking at the door. Saivel cursed. Gently cradling the magic and the bracelet in one hand, she stood up from the couch. Apparently it was useless, as whoever it was opened the door on their own anyway.

Saivel's mind went through a million possibilities. Lockpick? Nah. Didn't sound anything like it. Kaime? Why would he be visiting at… she checked the clock. 2:00 a.m.? Someone with magical powers able to defy the lock she'd spent at least a hundred dollars on that promised protection?

It turned out, no. Neither. She felt a calming presence as this person stepped into the house. At first, Saivel didn't recognize them; their appearance was drastically different, after all. First up was the fact that her blond hair was up, braids reaching from either side of her head and meeting somewhere hidden by her beige sunhat, complete with a few pastel-colored flowers and a similarly pastel green ribbon. There was light golden eye shadow and eyeliner surrounding her sparkling blue eyes. Two golden, emerald hoop earrings hung from her ears.

Still a bit confused, Saivel stepped back to get a better look at her. She wore a light green, wool cardigan, a sleeveless lacy white shirt, black stiletto heels, and ripped, faded blue jeans. And even then, she did not really recognize her until she finally came to the six white feathered wings sprouting from her back.

"What are you do…?" Saivel wasn't even bothered to finish her word, just staring at her mother with a greatly confused look on her face, completely forgetting about the Chaos in her hand. The tingle disappeared, those needles of pain dancing along her palm just gone. "How did you…?"

"…vacation. They thought I deserved it." Seraphime smiled sadly. "And Kaime gave me the key."

Saivel narrowed her eyes. "Of course you get a vacation, because you've suffered so much because of this situation."

Seraphime was silent for a moment. "I just… I wanted to tell you something. They told me where Void is."

"Yes?"

"I can't tell you exactly. But I can tell you… trust nobody. The person you trust the most will hurt you without even trying."

"Kaime?"

"No. Not him. Who has been closest during this—" Seraphime paused and shook her head. "No, I can't tell you any more information. But please say you know."

"I…?" Saivel looked at her mother with a confused look on her face. "I think I might?... What am I supposed to do with this?" she added, nodding towards the Chaos in her hand.

"There's one choice, Saivel," Seraphime said in reply. "It will hurt, but…" she sighed and produced a small bag, seemingly from out of nowhere. Saivel took it in her free hand and looked inside dubiously, seeing glowing white flowers inside.

"What are these?"

Seraphime smiled, a pitiful, heartbreaking smile. "Painkillers." Saivel looked down at the bag again, then up at where her mother was—at where her mother had been.

She looked back to the Chaos swirling in her hand. By now there was none of the destructive energy left in the bracelet. There's one choice… It will hurt, but…

Saivel wasn't sure what to feel. She stepped inside and sat down on the couch.

Saivel? Order's last coherent thought towards the half-angel was as she picked one of the white flowers out from the bag and put it into her mouth. Discarding the useless remains of the bracelet, she sighed. Breathe in, breathe out. After all, you're going to be screaming soon.

Saivel located a small pillow to act as her gag. Now, she had to do it. Facing the Chaos energy in her hand, Saivel closed her eyes and let it back in. It was a burning pain, her blood feeling like it was boiling inside her veins.

Saivel let out a muffled scream before everything became black.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:49 am

Now stuff isn't ending well

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Duuuuude.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 pm

JUST WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER YOU KNOW HOW I SAID THE ANGELS WERE A-HOLES FORGET THAT VOID IS THE A-HOLE HE TAKES UP ALL THE A-HOLINESS IN THE UNIVERSE SO HE IS LITERALLY THE A-HOLE

DAMMIT VOID

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Dang.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Considering that void is a hole in space and time, technically

Yep

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Hey Fuse. I promised you a chaos lord transformation. You're getting one. Next chapter. But read this one. Read it all.

Hahahahahahahaa.

<:

Chapter 18

"Void."

If Void had been in physical form right then, he would've cracked a smile, maybe even laughed. He recognized that voice. "So you've located me. I wondered how long it would take you."

"Your choice of carrier didn't help anything, you know." An exasperated sigh. "It really didn't help."

Void chuckled. "At least it gave you all a little something to actually work over!" After a few moments of silence, his voice was serious. "So, what is it you wanted to contact me for?"

"We've broken the bracelet."

Silence for another few moments. "Wait, what?"

"Her bracelet, containing all the Chaos magic she had. Now she has no choice but to re-absorb it."

"Look, I know you doubt my diplomatic skills, but—"

"You haven't even tried diplomacy. We're not stupid—You're not stupid, Void. You knew this was the only choice, from the very beginning. We're just lucky your carrier isn't as knowledgeable."

Void took a quick breath in and breathed it back out. "Fine. Well, what am I supposed to do?"

"We can't attract too much attention. So we need you and your carrier to make sure that she doesn't magically make her way to Xyla."

"'Magically make her way to Xyla.' That'd be impossible in her state right now—"

"You're not an idiot, Void. Heroes do this," was the simple reply, and then Void immediately knew the connection had been cut and wasn't bothered to pick the conversation back up again.

"Damn lucky we didn't wake up my carrier," he said simply to nothing. "Damn unfortunate you had to tell me at two a.m. in the morning."

*~*~*~*

Fuse hadn't even opened his eyes when Void cursed at him, then apologized in a bumbling way directly afterward. "Sorry, sorry, sorry," the demon said, as well as other unintelligible blather. "But I think you need to know this. Like, really need to know this."

Fuse grunted in response and lazily sat up, feet dangling over the side of his bed. "What happened to your snarky remarks?"

"I'm sorry Fuse, but this is not a time for snarky remarks." Fuse frowned. He didn't know Void well enough to tell if that meant this was a really serious situation.

"And that means?"

"That means that somehow the Chaos is back in Saivel. Order is going crazy, so presumably no one has it under control in that situation. I'd be surprised if anyone was."

"And what does that mean?"

Void sighed. "I don't know. I don't know how long it's been for, because I'm sort of attached to you. You're my carrier." Lies, lies, lies. He was good at lying—very good at lying. "But it can't mean anything good. And it certainly means that we have to find a way to fix it."

"I know nothing about spirits and demons and… all this crap we've been going through recently. How am I supposed to fix anything? Can't you do anything?"

"I'm not what balances Order. You are what balances Order. And we need to stop Saivel, and Order, from getting anywhere and doing something possibly catastrophic."

"Possibly catastrophic as in…"

"Destroying everything?"

"Right. Right." Fuse sighed. "So what am I supposed to do? Take the Chaos?"

"I don't know if that's possible. Our best bet is just to… you won't like it. But it's necessary." How easy was it to trick this guy? Or maybe Void was just an exceptional liar. (Void was just an exceptional liar. Their thoughts were connected, you have to be an amazing liar to lie through your thoughts.)

"Right." Fuse repeated the word one last time and looked up at the ceiling. "So our best bet is basically just an all-out fight? Again?"

"Sorry," Void said, completely dishonestly. "It's our only choice."

It was all he could do to keep from chuckling as Fuse reluctantly prepared for the task.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Oh dear

Spoiler:
I'm expecting some sort of Chaos VS Void VS Order thing

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 am

Chapter 19

Saivel woke with a headache and an odd sort of tingle all over. Her arms and legs felt numb, nothing but this slight prickling sensation, like they were sleeping. Groggily, she thought to Order, you there? and nothing came back in reply. Order was there, but she seemed less than able to respond. Saivel was surprised she was even awake.

Gently and with great effort, Saivel managed to sort of… move upwards, her arms perfectly straight and shuddering. After staying there for a few moments, she pushed off and landed in a slouch. Smiling weakly at this small victory, Saivel sighed and relaxed for a while in complete silence.

Order? she tried again, sensing a feeble feeling of pain from the demon, making her wince. That… hurt, she admitted, looking around for the pouch her mother had given her and easily finding it. Some of the flowers were bit crushed, making her doubt their effectiveness. She took an unblemished one and popped it into her mouth

It didn't have much of a taste; just a slight sweet flavor. Still, the headache disappeared, feeling returned to her limbs… but a bit of that kind of painful tingling remained around her forearms and hands. Saivel blinked and talked to the demon a third time. You okay?

I, uh… Order paused. …Yes. Yes, I think so.

Saivel sighed in relief. Good. Great. She smiled and stood up from the couch, only to suddenly wince and look down at her arms. Damn. Any clue what that is? she asked Order, looking at the thin, small laceration on her left arm oozing with odd, discolored blood.

This is what happens when you contain Chaos and Order in the same vessel. The vessel bursts.

Okay, the choice of words there… not very comforting. Saivel walked through the hallways to the bathroom, opening a cabinet with her right hand and looking for some bandages. Wait. So will this keep on happening?

Yes. Slow and small at first… you don't want to know what happens afterwards. Saivel laughed grimly, now looking for any medical gauze.

Good! Here it is. She took the roll out and left it on the counter, gently washing the laceration with water. Patting it dry gently with a paper towel, she then wrapped the gauze around her hand and forearm, repeating the procedure with her right arm.

Why did you—oh. Smart. Suddenly Saivel seemed to realize something.

"Ahhhhh, wait… I thought of something. Dangit. I'll have to put on more gauze…" Saivel quickly checked the cabinet. "There's another roll, it should be okay. Flowers!"

She quickly dashed back with a roll of gauze, picked up the bag of flowers, and finally dashed to the kitchen. I see what you're doing, Order commented rather simply as Saivel began boiling some water. As bubbles began to lift up to the surface, she sorted out as many of the crushed flowers as she could, as well as some non-crushed ones which she crushed anyway, and put them all into the water.

As the water boiled, it began to turn a sort of milk color—more like milk poured into water, to be honest, thought it had a slight glow to it. After allowing it to boil for a few minutes, she stopped and basically dropped the whole roll of gauze in it, then let it soak for another few minutes.

Finally, when she deemed the gauze soaked enough, she took it out, unwrapped the gauze already around her forearms and hands, and wrapped the flower-soaked gauze. It reduced the pain of the odd laceration, which was good. However, it seemed as if it was going to act like a normal wound of that size. Based on what Order had said, more would appear—that was very worrying, especially if they started increasing in severity.

Ah well. She couldn't fix it right now. She was tired and could use some rest. Making her way back to the couch, Saivel adjusted the pillow under her head.

"Wake me up whenever you think you should, okay Order?"

Don't worry. I've gotcha covered.

*~*~*~*

"Well, this is a change of outfit," Void commented on Fuse's simple black t-shirt and purple sweat pants. "Not a change of color scheme," he noted rather snarkily.

"I'm preparing for a fight with a person who is essentially a ticking time bomb. I've already fought with her, and she's got her Chaos magic back. This means bad things." Fuse sighed and stretched. "So. How are we supposed to fight without, you know, breaking everything?"

"I, um. Well. You can form portals, right?"

"Yes, of course I can—well, more accurately rips in the fabric of time and space, but same difference, y'know."

"Hey, I'M the deadpan snarker around here," Void replied grumpily.

"Heh, fine." Fuse chuckled. "Well, transport—taken care of. Actual area—which is the main problem… well, do you have any bright ideas?"

"Er. Well. You know how… uh… I said we. You know. 'We' maintain the balance. Void and the universe, Order and you." Void coughed awkwardly.

"Oh, so 'they' are supplying the arena, then?" Fuse said, joking but also suspicious.

"Yep. Why do you think no one noticed you and Saivel battling before? Us."

"…are you going to tell me who 'they' are?"

"Nope."

"Will you ever tell me who 'they' are?"

"They'll tell you on their own if they deem it necessary."

"Right." Fuse sighed. "Will you at least give me the location of the arena so I can actually get to it."

"Don't worry. Transport—taken care of." A portal suddenly appeared—opaque white, making Fuse immediately suspicious. It was a perfect circle, odd, and appeared to glow and supply the room with some light.

"Right," Fuse repeated with another sigh. He looked self-conscious now. "Will there be anyone else there?"

"This is a necessary thing. No one will enjoy it. Certainly no one wants to watch it."

Frowning, Fuse summoned his armor anyway, hearing the satisfactory click of every black and purple piece moving into place, and picked up his katana from where he left it on the dresser. "Self-conscious, bro?" Void asked sarcastically. Fuse rolled his eyes and stepped through the portal.

It felt nothing like going through one of his own portals; you simply walked and there you were. He felt as if he was floating for a few seconds, then abruptly shoved into a bright, white room. It took his eyes a few moments to adjust to the light.

"I thought you said there wouldn't be anyone else there."

*~*~*~*

The room was brightly lit, a bee-shaped nightlight glowing with a friendly, inviting light in the corner. In a plush, soft rocking chair, a woman sat, humming to herself and playing with a Rubix cube. Hearing a sound, she looked up and smiled.

"Sixxie!" she exclaimed—despite looking at least twenty years old, her voice and manners were very childlike. Her mottled blond hair shifted as she moved forward, red and black flecked blue eyes sparkling with joy. "Sixxie! You're here!"

'Sixxie' was silent, moving over to the woman and looking down at her. "Deedee," she said, then paused. "Deedee, I have to ask you to do something."

The woman tilted her head and looked at 'Sixxie' with wonder in her eyes. 'Sixxie' brought a hand up to her temple. The woman blinked.

"Go there, alright Deedee? Promise."

"Of course! Pinkie promise!" She offered her pinkie, which 'Sixxie' took, smiling. She turned away from the woman and paused before she left.

"And if you can, Deedee… bring V with you."

"Sure!" she replied happily.

Then 'Sixxie' was gone.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:56 am

._.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm not sure, but I think I like where this is going.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:32 am

Chapter 20! Tomorrow I'll probs put up the epilogue and also ONE THOUSAND AND ONE AUS (including harry potter and dragon is headmaster but is hogwarts or american cousin???? ? ? ? ? and elder loses her s--t: the novelization)

wow this is actually long but it makes me happy <':

Chapter 20

Saivel woke up with a horrible headache and more arm pain. It also was not Order waking her up, but this strange sort of burbling murmur. Orde-e-er? No response. More of the murmur, which formed barely intelligible words. It was angry. Hello?

She frowned and stood up, walking over to the kitchen and wondering whether the flower water would help with her headache. In any case, she put on some new gauze (wincing at the fact that another cut had opened, and the one already there was still slowly oozing that weird, dark purple blood) and heated up the flower water. More murmurs. Still angry.

Okay, might as well try it. Pulling out a ladle, Saivel poured some of the flower water (okay, she needed a better name for that) into a cup and drank a bit. She winced as the voice suddenly cleared—well, she sort of kind of could make out sounds. But the voice was distorted, sounding oddly like hers, yet her mother's, yet Order's thought-voice.

She wanted it to shut up. Because it wasn't even talking sense. Garbled words, sounds she couldn't quite make out. And its voice changed, constantly.

It was then she realized it was talking spirit language. Slow down, slow down! For the love of all that is holy, slow down! For a few moments it seemed her message had no impact, but she wished that it had stayed that way when it slowed down.

It wasn't a thought, it was a voice. Speaking to her. Slowly. Every word taking its sweet, sweet time to hit home.

"Earlier than anyone expected. She expected. I expected. Except I'm not alive, not anything, am I? A part of you you used. A part of you that's free. A part of you that's Chaos."

F—k you.

"Well ain't that rude." A yawn. "Anyway, I figured it would be bo-o-o-ring standing around here all day, so I'm just gonna tell you there's a massive tortoise in your living room."

"What—" Saivel abruptly turned and found a tortoise in place of her coffee table. "The…?" She blinked and it was a coffee table. "…really."

"Well, I feel obliged to inform you there is an entirely real portal formed from Chaos in your living room."

And it was there. Saivel blinked and checked, shoved her hand through. All she could see through the jagged rip in space and time was white, pure, bright white.

"Where does it lead?"

"Hell if I know."

"…anything you feel obliged to inform me about?"

"It'll suck you in in about a minute or so."

"Right." Saivel looked down at her arms. "Good thing I changed that gauze. Oh yes. Will you be screwing with my mind again?"

No response.

"Good to know."

Setting the cup down on the counter, Saivel walked through the portal.

"For the love of all that is holy. Stop it."

"I'm not doing anything," Fuse replied confusedly. Saivel was glaring at the surroundings and sounded very, very peeved.

"I just said that aloud." She turned to face Fuse. "I'm assuming you brought me here, right? Well then what is going on over there." She pointed towards Venia and the other person.

"Hey?" Venia said a bit questioningly, waving. "Denree brought me along, though I don't really know why."

Saivel frowned. Okay, you must be screwing with my brain because I am hearing demon noises and other than that, only Fuse's voice. This is not okay.

"Suuure, blame it all on me. That's not me screwing with your mind. It's a natural presence." Her frown deepened. She looked around and saw her. Well—she didn't really 'see' her, but she knew who it was. Denree. The failed Demon Priestess. Her body appeared to be made of a golden-black swirl, reaching out in gaseous tendrils.

What's going on? Why can I see Fuse okay?

"Fuse is guarded by a powerful demon. That, uh, girl with the streaked hair, she's attractive to demons. Why she looks black. Empty. Inviting. Other girl, Demon Priestess. If she was successful, she would be contained. But she's not." A cough. "Oh yeah, and the powerful demon? He wants to hurt you. You should hurt him."

"F—k," Saivel said out loud. She glared at Fuse and repeated the curse.

"Um, what." Void, mind telling me what even…

"Looks like it's making her delusional?" Void said, sounding as confused as he possibly could and pretending the Chaos wasn't broadcasting along the same… thoughtlength?

…are we still sticking to the 'plan.'

"If you come up with any smart ideas, I'm all ears," Void snapped back. Getting too damn smart. He had to get this done with quickly. "Confusion is vulnerability."

You're a horrible person.

"We're called demons for a reason."

"Thought I could trust you. Should've known when she told me. Obvious hints!" Saivel narrowed her eyes. "I thought I could trust you." Before Fuse could quite properly react, she held a hand out in front of her and armor, piece by piece, formed around her.

It was mismatched—purple and blue and black and white, jagged and smooth pieces conflicting with each other to form a functional armor which appeared to swirl and fight across her helmet. Her face wasn't visible, blocked by a visor, at one side spiked with purple and at the other smooth, with blue, and purple, blue, corrupted veins spread across the feathers of her wings.

"Saivel, what the—" Fuse stepped back instinctively. Denree muttered something under her breath, the glass-like substance keeping her and Venia separate from the other two suddenly darkening.

"Denree?" Venia asked.

"Form a weapon, dumba--!" Void yelled at Fuse, who flinched and did as told, his katana materializing. Jumping upwards, Saivel flapped her wings once and formed a jet black claymore in her hands moments before landing inches in front of Fuse. He barely had time to react as she jerked her sword upwards, almost hitting him in the chest—just barely jumping backwards.

He realized she was shuddering, a slight shiver to her wings and hands. Wait… wasn't that gauze on her arms earlier? Once again, he had to jump backwards to avoid another, crazed attack.

"Stop running, you stupid motherf—ker!" Saivel yelled, moments before Fuse slashed downwards with his katana, catching her by surprise. Instead of moving backwards, she instead jumped into the blade, ignoring the damage to her armor and forcing Fuse to stumble away, attacking viciously, her weapon shifting into a shorter sword as she stabbed wildly at him.

"Okay Saivel, I don't know what—" Jumping backwards again, he would have to follow through with that idiotic 'plan' in order to understand what was going on. Slashing his katana downwards, a blunt shockwave of Chaos blew Saivel backwards, unprepared for the attack. She fell onto her back with a painful-sounding thud and a number of colorful curses. Holding his katana readily, Fuse paused as Saivel seemed in no condition to get up.

He walked towards her, gripping the katana tightly just to be careful. Saivel seemed to give up, lying there on the floor and becoming silent. He heard Void's voice, but didn't care what he was saying.

"Shut up," he hissed, removing the stupid gem, throwing it on the ground, and stepping on it for good measure. His katana disappearing, he walked over to Saivel and leaned down, inspecting her for damage.

There was an odd sort of dark, purplish liquid he could see, thick and gross. Carefully, he removed Saivel's gauntlets and winced. The gauze was stained, covered in that stuff. What was it?

"Blood," a voice said from behind him. Fuse jumped and turned. Denree. The… the person.

"What? Blood?"

Denree walked around Saivel's prone figure. "She would've had maybe a week without stress, if she relaxed, if she was lucky. But the fight means she's likely not going to be getting up." She looked up at Fuse. "What are you going to do?"

"He's going to do nothing. Because that's all he can do."

"Quiet. You're empty of intelligence as well as being. There is a way. The only way. I can take Order."

Venia stepped up behind Denree, crouching down beside Saivel and gently grasping her hand. She looked up at Fuse and Denree worriedly.

"What are you talking about? That's not gonna work. You'll die, Order will disappear, you'll probably take everyone else out with you and free a massive chunk of the spirit realm. You're a failed Demon Priestess, you—"

"I said quiet." Denree's eyes flashed threateningly. "The angel told you. 'Heroes do this.'"

"The universe likes heroes, I guess," Venia added.

"Yeah well, good luck. I'd rather get out of—" Void transformed from a small gem to a humanoid being before he was cut off.

"No." Denree held a hand out and Void suddenly froze. "I may have failed, but that has opened me to much more power than one, stupid demon like you could ever possess. I can do this." She looked at Venia for a moment, then back at Saivel. "I can do this."

"…how likely is it this will work?" Fuse asked.

"Less than encouraging," Venia said less than helpfully.

"I'll leave this choice to you," said Denree.

"Why? I was the one who ended up making this happen, after all."

"That was the empty one. It was his fault. Not yours." Denree smiled a little. "She trusted you. And she still does. Though she might not seem like it, she does."

"Right."

"I can tell."

Fuse sighed. "Right. So, if this doesn't work…"

Denree shrugged. "What the empty one said. Demons are freed, everyone dies. Except you, I suppose."

"Sounds brilliant. What happens if I don't do this? This… unlikely to succeed… thing?"

"She dies. Order disappears back into the spirit realm, to eventually return. She dies."

Fuse mouthed the words. 'She dies.' "And there is no other way."

"No."

"What happened to Void, by the way? What did you do?"

"Oh, I stored him. Froze him. Talking in there—" Denree tapped her forehead—"but I'm used to that now. Don't mind it." She smiled and chuckled to herself. "Sixxie was right."

"One way, there is a chance she might live. But an even greater chance that everyone—everyone dies. The other way… she will die." Fuse bit his lip. "I wish I had an easy choice."

"Easy choices aren't big choices. Big choices are hard. But in the end, you'll make the right one."

Fuse was silent.

"Then take Order."

Denree's smile widened. "I knew you would say that. Stand back."

Unsure of what was going to happen, Fuse and Venia did as told. Blue, gaseous energy began to spread in the air like smoke, drifting towards Denree and gradually being absorbed into her body. It began to glow, brighter and brighter, until finally there was a last, bright flash.

Fuse heard someone crying. And before he could even think about it, he crouched down beside them and hugged them. He felt feathers beneath his arm, soft and fluffy and clear of corrupted veins, of pain.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry Fuse."

"I should be saying that," he laughed, sadly. "I'm sorry."

He knew she was smiling as she said, "I forgive you." He couldn't help but smile too.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:52 pm

<:

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Now write the epilogue.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 am

im am dongt

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:14 am

seraphime ships it

this is mildly crap but shhhhh i will put up one thousand and one aus shhhhhhh

Epilogue

"Why do I even need gauze anymore? Gauze is stupid. I hate gauze. F—" Before Saivel could complete that sentence, her mother nailed her with a glare which made her meekly pick up the roll and slip into the bathroom to replace the bandages.

"So, are you all doing well?" Seraphime asked with a pleasant smile on her face, turning to the two guests at the table. Venia nodded and drank her soda happily. Fuse stared at the cup like it was filled with alien blood. "…would you like something other than soda?"

"Um… I'm not thirsty." Fuse coughed awkwardly. "Where did Denree go?"

"Back home." Seraphime picked up the bottle and poured some more soda for Venia. "Caraxa was concerned about where she'd gone, I figured I shouldn't make her too stressed."

"Huh?" Fuse asked, confused. "Why was she so concerned?"

"First off, Denree is sort of a really powerful, though childish, woman. Second off, she's her sister."

"Wait, how?" He looked very confused now. "That doesn't—"

"She's adopted," Venia said, placing her cup on the table. "Denree was found as a child and they tried to make her a Demon Priestess when she was young. If they fail when they're children they're less likely to be psychopaths."

"Oh." Fuse shrugged.

"Anyway, I have something I should probably get around to doing. It was nice… meeting you, Seraphime, so yeah." Venia nodded and stood up, gently inclining her head towards Seraphime and exiting the backyard.

"…oh, right. Why do you have a house?" Fuse turned away from Seraphime to watch Venia leave, then back to the angel.

"Because I'm on vacation and they decided to be nice." Seraphime smiled and sat down across from Fuse. "I'm really quite glad you decided to choose to save my daughter."

"Okay, how low was the chances that would actually work? Because looking back that could have ended so badly."

"Well… I don't know, but it is really quite low. Still though—the universe likes heroes. That is true." Seraphime took a cup and poured some soda into it as well, sipping it in a very ladylike manner. It was extremely unfitting.

"…where did Void go?"

"Trying to talk Order out of ever attempting something equivalent to suicide ever again." Seraphime placed the cup gently on the table. "… I thought it would be worthwhile to tell you Saivel is considering breaking up with Kaime."

"What. Why are you?..."

"You know why she hates me? Because throughout her life, I was perfect. And she could never be me, she could never be perfect, which was the only thing she wanted." Seraphime looked at the soda. "She hates perfect people. Well, she hates perfection. She hates what she can never be.

"And Kaime, to her, is a perfect person."

Before Fuse could reply, Saivel came out of the doorway, finishing wrapping gauze around her arm. "Why can't you just heal it?"

"Sorry, luv, I can't heal wounds like those." To Saivel's obvious discomfort, Seraphime tousled her hair and kissed her on the forehead. "You two better be going now." She smiled at Fuse, who stared back at her blankly with his mouth slightly open.

"Okay, well I'm driving," Saivel said. Seraphime held out her keys while drinking some more soda, her daughter snatching them and walking away.

Before he left, Fuse looked at Seraphime with a confused expression. She just kept on smiling and waved goodbye.

Every word she spoke came true.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: