Creature Fear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Creature Fear

Post by you're not my supervisor on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:33 pm

(Ten points to anyone who knows the song this is named after.)

Guy looked over Max's shoulder at the book she was holding in her left hand. "What does this one do?" he asked, pointing to one of the curly sigils in the book.

Max furrowed her brow and shrugged. "I dunno, but it's pretty, so I'm gonna use it," she replied, painting it onto the wall with the brush in her right hand. The walls of her room were covered in sigils, symbols, and even a "No Parking" sign. As soon as she'd finished painting, a slightly misty-looking, transparent head popped through the wall.

"S'up, guys?" Bloons said cheerily.

Max and Guy screamed, Max accidentally stepping backwards onto Guy's foot. She jumped, dropping the paintbrush. Black paint splattered across the floorboards.

"Sorry, Guy," she said, bending to retrieve her paintbrush. "Dangit, Bloons! You've gotta stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" Bloons asked, stepping the rest of the way through Max's wall and crossing his arms.

"You stay out of my shower."

"Pff. Just for the record, you guys screamed like little girls. It was hilarious!"

"I do NOT scream like a girl," Guy said indignantly.

"Ya did then."

"I did not!"

"You kinda did, Guy," Max agreed.

"Max!"

"What?"

"It's his 'time of the month', Maxie." Bloons said, "We have to go easy on the werewolf."

"I'M OUT! GOODBYE."

Guy stomped out of the room, slamming Max's door behind him. Bloons leaned through the wall.

"Hey! I think there's some Midol in the medicine cabinet, Guy!"

"Shut up!"

"You're such a boy!" Max looked at Bloons disapprovingly.

"Last I checked, anyway. Chill, Max, I'm just having fun. Fun has gotten a lot harder ever since I died, you know. Pinball is just not the same." He shook his head sadly.

"Oh cut the crap. I'm gonna go see if I can't fix this."

Max stormed through the door of her bedroom, her skirts flying behind her. Her feet flew down the staircase of the loft-style second floor as she sped toward the kitchen. When she arrived in the large, sunny room, Fuse, Travis, and Elder were already gathered around the table and Guy was sulking in a corner.

"Everyone got moved in okay?" she asked, leaning against one of the wooden countertops.

Fuse nodded.

"It was fine," Elder agreed.

"No problems for me." Travis added.

"Good, because I'm making tea." Max said, pushing herself off the counter and grabbed the tea kettle off of the stove, then filling it with water and setting it back on the burner to boil.

"What about me?" Elder asked, "If I drink anything besides blood, I'll throw up."

"Well, did you bring any with you? Because all I brought were some dried peppermint leaves and wolfsbane." To demonstrate, she pulled a handful of each out of her vest pockets.

"That'd be a no."

"Well, maybe we can raid a bloodbank later or something." Travis suggested.

Max gave him her patented Look of Death.

"Or not."

Last edited by Max the Reaper on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Creature Fear

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Look good for... 50% done? 25%? Well it looks cool! I think. Not much happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Ooh! Lookin' good.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Woo-hoo! It's only taken me three months to write a single chapter!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:47 pm

NOW WRITE THE NEXT ONE

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:25 am

i'm serious

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Okay! I'll work on it!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Chapter 2

The next morning dawned disastrous. The curly symbol Max had painted on the wall because it "looked pretty" had produced a fairy that insisted on being called Cookie, even in the basement Guy's snoring could be heard throughout the entire house, Elder was extremely hungry (and therefore grouchy), Fuse needed recharged and his whole left side was stiff, and Travis woke up as a girl (he immediately changed back into himself, but he was extremely embarrassed). Sitting around the kitchen table, nobody felt like talking. Or looking at each other for that matter.

The only one not bothered by anything was Cookie. The fairy fluttered around admiring things and helping Max cook breakfast. She was just big enough to lift things like spice containers and herb bundles.

"Erm, Cookie?" Max asked after Cookie accidentally dropped a measuring cup of water into the oatmeal pot, splashing water all over Max, "Maybe you could go see if everyone has silverware?"

"Okay!" Cookie flew off, carrying spoons to the table one at a time. By the time everyone had their silverware, Cookie was exhausted. She flopped on the counter, fanning herself with her hand. Max served everyone, then grabbed a saucer out of the cupboard, put some oatmeal on the saucer, and gave it to Cookie.

"Do you need a spoon or something? I can shrink one for you if you do."

Cookie shook her head. "I have one." She opened the little pouch on her belt and produced a pink travel silverware multitool, then waved it at Max. Max nodded, then took her seat at the table.
--------
"So, why don't we go explore the area some?" Fuse suggested after recharging. "I'd like to know what's out there."

Elder couldn't agree fast enough and stumbled over her words. "YES, EXPLORE GOOD! FOREST, HUNTING, SO HUNGRY."

Travis, Cookie, and Guy also agreed to the idea. The only ones not interested were Max and Bloons.

"I can't LEAVE, you idiots. Besides, I explored plenty when I was alive. I'm good," was Bloons' excuse.

Max looked a little embarrassed. "I'd like to go, but I need to get the garden planted as soon as possible and I'd rather explore on my own anyway."

"Well," Fuse looked apprehensive, "I guess if you insist."

"Sweetie, go. Elder looks like she's about to eat Guy."

"Okay guys, I guess let's go!"

The five who were leaving went out the door.

"And watch out for raiders!" Max called after them as the door slammed.
-----------
Elder ran around wildly, going after squirrels and pretty much anything else that moved. Cookie spouted off facts about the area, and suggestions as to what might be fun to check out. At one point, the group came to a large cave.

"OH MY GOSH! You guys have got to check this out!" Cookie buzzed around gleefully. "A DRAGON lives here!"

"Cool," Fuse looked interested. He knocked on the cave wall.

A red, scaly form came to the cave entrance. The dragon, realizing he had visitors, sat down.

"S'up? You guys new here? It's nice to meet you, I'm Dragon."

Guy was confused. "We know you're a dragon. It's obvious."

The dragon groaned. "No, genius. My NAME is Dragon."

"Dragon the dragon?" Travis wasn't impressed. "That's so redundant, man."

"Uh, but it's unusual!" Fuse jumped in, trying to save the conversation from disaster. "I'm, uh, Fuse, this is Guy, Travis, and Cookie..."

"And I'm Elder!" Elder appeared, her face covered in blood but looking very satisfied.

"Uh, Elder," Travis looked over at her, "you've got a little something, well, everywhere."

"It's nice to meet you guys." Dragon decided, nodding. "Drop by any time!"

"Thanks! Will do!" Fuse replied. The group moved on.
---------
By the time the group was tired of exploring, they'd also met Cookie's best friend, a mermaid by the name of Moon, a unicorn named Night, a talking tree named Dream, an elf with ADHD named Ashton, Scorp the wraith, and Axel, an angry dwarf. But oddly enough, no raiders.

Fuse pushed the cottage door open and froze for a second; the interior was a mess. It looked like a tornado had hit the main room.

"Fuse, what's-" Travis pushed past Fuse. "Holy crap. Max? Bloons?"

Panicked, he ran into the kitchen. "MAX?"

A raider stood in the kitchen, his hand over Max's mouth. Bloons was trapped in a circle of salt.

The raider moved his hand away from Max's mouth. She seemed half-scared and half-ashamed as she declared, "Uh, hi. Turns out these guys weren't in need of directions. Oops."

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:50 pm

NEW CHAPTER IS DONE!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 pm

AN ELF WITH ADHD NAMED ASHTON

MY DAY IS MADE

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:35 pm

ELD D D D 3R wrote:AN ELF WITH ADHD NAMED ASHTON

MY DAY IS MADE

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:51 pm

You're welcome.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:26 am

Chapter 3

A raider grabbed Travis. Turning into a snake, Travis tried to wiggle free, but the raider gripped him tightly around the neck. Defeated, he turned back into a human with cat ears.

"Bloons, what the heck?" Fuse exclaimed as raiders dragged him, Elder, and Guy into the kitchen. "I thought you were Mr. Overprotective with your house?"

"Are you even serious right now?" Bloons looked incredulous. "I'M DEAD. What did you want me to do? Pop out of a closet yelling 'BOO'? I'm STUCK inside a circle made with SALT, I couldn't do anything! Being dead sucks!"

"Oh, point taken."

"Shut up, all 'a ya!" One of the raiders threw a fistful of salt in Bloons' face. Bloons screamed and started writhing in pain.

"Stop it!" Max tried to pull away from the raider that was holding her, but failed miserably.

"I said SHUT UP! You buncha freaks ain't gonna tell us what to do." He threw more salt on Bloons. "Don't make me tell you again."

Elder muttered something under her breath. The raider turned.

"What'd you say, sweetheart? Speak up!"

Elder bared her teeth. "I said you're a son of a I AM ONE!!! :D."

"Now that's my mother you're talking about, fangface." He casually browsed through the spice rack until he found the bottle of powdered garlic.

"Oh stuff it! You're a colossal a-hole and you know it!"

The raider unscrewed the cap of the garlic bottle.

"I mean, you're just an idiot. Nobody's actually scared of you."

"Well," the raider regarded her with distaste, "maybe you should be."

He grabbed her hair and yanked her head back, then dumped a small amount of the garlic into Elder's mouth. The garlic burned in Elder's throat. She gagged and convulsed, trying to spit the garlic powder out. The raider holding her tightened his grip on her and laughed.

But she'd provided just the right amount of distraction. With all of the raiders focused on Elder, nobody noticed Cookie disrupting the circle of salt around Bloons. She kicked just enough of it out of the way for it to be broken properly, then flitted back into the curtains. Bloons smiled and slowly dematerialized.

"So uh, boss," the raider holding Guy asked, "after we rob the place, what're we gonna do with these losers?"

The leader laughed. "The vampire chick dies. Even if she didn't piss me off, she's too powerful to be allowed to remain alive. The witch goes too. She could be harmless, but with the look she's been givin' me I ain't takin' any chances. And then there's this kid." He cupped his hand around Travis' chin and studied Travis' face. Travis jerked his head out of the raider's grasp. "Now you're some kind of a shapeshifter, right?"

Travis was wearing a look of pure hatred. "So?"

"Kid, you're cool. But since you'd be able to just morph into something small enough to slip out of whatever we tried to hold you with, you die too."

Travis rolled his eyes.

"Don't be so coy with me, kid. Now for the walking pile of spare parts."

He walked over to Fuse. Fuse narrowed his eyes.

"You're already pissing off the wrong guy, you don't want to go there."

The raider smacked Fuse across the face.

"You're gonna be a pile of skin and spare parts if you don't stop talking like that." The raider gestured to Fuse. "This one's half computer, guys. We could use somebody like him, so be careful with him. I don't want anyone to damage the machinery."

Finally, the raider rounded on Guy. "You've been awfully quiet this whole time, little dude. What's your deal?"

"Uh, nothing?" Guy tried to look nonchalant and curled his left hand into a tight fist. The raider noticed.

"I doubt that." He grabbed Guy's hand and, after a short struggle, pried his fingers open to reveal the pentagram burned in his palm.

"Oh, look at this, boys! We got us a werewolf!" He waved Guy's pentagram-marked palm. "I bet that circus up North ain't never seen anything like 'im before. We could sell 'im!"

"I'm not a circus freak!"

"Not yet, you ain't!" The raider roared with laughter.

"Okay," Elder's tongue burned, but she wasn't about to be quiet, "This has gone far enough."

"Agreed." Bloons materialized instantly. A shocked murmur spread through the group of raiders and a few even loosened their grip on their captives. Guy dropped onto all fours and crawled out of the way. Travis morphed into a cat, jumped out of the raider's arms, morphed back into human form and punched the raider in the face. Max pushed out of the arms of the raider who'd been holding her and kicked him where it hurt. Fuse subtly electrocuted the raider holding him, and Elder, becoming a large grouping of spiders, crawled down "her" raider's shirt.

Bloons fist-pumped. "Hell yeah! If you screw with us, we WILL kick your arses!"

The Xia guys (and girls) fought off the raiders until all of them except the leader were twitching on the floor. The leader faced them, snarling.

"You freaks got off easy with my buddies, but I ain't gonna be no walk in the park to defeat."

He was surprised when they busted out laughing.

"What the hell is so funny? I'm gonna kill you!"

"I'm sorry," Max was practically choking on her own laughter, "But it's impossible to take you seriously right now. Your ears!"

"My-" the raider touched his ears, "You're bluffin'! There ain't nothin' wrong with me ears!"

"Your other ears, dipsh!t." Travis said dryly.

The raider felt around until he touched something that really should not have been there: a pair of fluffy rabbit ears. Cookie flew out into the open ans started doing a victory dance of sorts.

"Cookie for the win! Fairy magic rules!"

While the raider was distracted, Guy smacked him over the head with an iron skillet.

At that moment, Fuse rubbed his face, got a confused look, and collapsed.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:56 am

Ow. It's like cinammon challenge, except more extreme.

Literally burning your throat more extreme.

also fuse wat dong

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:29 pm

I once had a mouthful of garlic by accident. It burned like crazy, and I'm only human, so I figured it would be even worse for a vampire.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by The Avelian on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Oh My God! I love it.

Rank 2 poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Haha! Thanks! Now I need to do the fourth chapter.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:29 pm

gogogogo

MM chapter should be up later today, making it pretty close to wrapping up <:

after it's done shall come the thousand and one AUs

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:45 pm

You need to write more of that Xia dystopian story.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:39 pm

oh right that i will get on that

blame fuse and guy for the chapter probably going up around midnight your time

prettiest boyo