Cats of the Heavens

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cats of the Heavens

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 pm

It was not often the gods convened, but at this particular moment, at this time, they all knew it was completely necessary. They did not know the emergency, they did not know the solution. All they knew was that there was a horrible something; a chill up their spines, a feeling that there was something evil... even fear.

The convention did not even need to be arranged; they all arrived, all knowing something was wrong. Every one of them was seated in a chair, each staring expectantly at the largest one, one magnificent and exquisite even compared to theirs.

"So He is not coming?" one god spoke up. The rest shook their head.

"I am not surprised," another one stated. "He is bound to have started counteractive measures already."

The rest nodded and mumbled to themselves, agreeing.

"Are we sure?" one god pointed out. There was a pause. "No; no we are not. We cannot simply trust in Him. We must take measures of our own."

"How are we to do that? We cannot go down to the Earth ourselves."

There was another pause, before Bastet looked up, clearly intending to speak. A cat purred, rubbing against her legs. She cleared her throat. "Perhaps we may send guardians."

"Guardians..." Athena nodded. "Yes. But we cannot make guardians out of anything. We do not know our threat. We should make sure our threat does not know us. Something inconspicuous, something no one will notice."

"Cats," Bastet replied.

Despite the arrogance of the suggestion, everyone knew that it made sense. Athena sighed and nodded.

"Fine, Bastet. Though you are arrogant, your suggestion makes sense."

Bastet smirked and relaxed in her chair. "I suggest giving chosen cats the gods' powers. Everyone who may help may do this. As for those of you who are simpler, or... less useful in a fight, please. Leave."

Someone gave her a dirty look, but the cat raised its hackles and hissed threateningly. Everyone quieted down.

A few of the gods stood and walked away, disappearing back to their homes. Bastet purred, and Athena coughed. Minerva, however, gave her a look stating that she had already had her turn.

She glanced over the remaining gods among them, appraising each of them. Someone caught her attention, causing her to frown and sigh.

"Dionysus... what are you doing here?"

"I turned men into dolphins for kidnapping me," he pointed out. He was rather clearly drunk, and Minerva decided she might as well keep him for the moment.

"Well then, Bastet... here are the gods. Now, give us the cats."

Bastet purred again. "As you wish, Minerva."

*~*~*~*

There was no need for a convention in the underworld. Each simply knew their task and set out to do it.

Spying was easy. The gods were arrogant, so confident in their power. The demons watched their entire conversation, and after a short moment of discussion, came up with a plan.

We will use their own weapons against them.

Yes. Yes, we will.

We will choose a cat of our own. And a demon shall possess it.

Yes.

Who will do this?

I will not.

A cat cannot hold me.

I will.

The demon stepped forward. She was powerful, but small. It would be easy enough to fit her inside a cat.

We must be careful, another told her. Perhaps we should pick after the gods.

She growled in reply. No. I will pick before.

There were, of course, cats Bastet had not brought with her, ones just perfect for a demon. She glanced at the cats of the Earth, wanting one easy to possess but not very weak, until she found one. It was black; a black as dark as night, with pure golden eyes. The mind of it was weak; but its physical strength was strong. Perfect.

I have found it, she told them. Now, my brethren, I shall leave.

Her being began to disappear, slowly fading away into nothingness. No one paid attention, no one cared.

Should we send more?

Only one more, but that is risky. The gods may find us then.

Alright. Let us prepare.

Yes. Let us prepare.

*~*~*~*

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats of the Heavens

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 pm

~~~~
OUTLINE
~~~~

(I'm posting this because Elder is lazy.)

ANYWAY! You have a bit of information from Elder in the last post about this RP! This is the RP where you are a Cat. With Godly powers!

Name:
Personality:
Powers:
God:
Backstory:
Notes:

More details on how the powers and everything works:

Godly Cats

Godly cats have powers similar to most demi-gods, except they have more knowledge about how to control them from the start and they seem to have more control in general over their powers.

Gods

They all exist, and they all work together. The end.

Demons

The demons of everything. Their powers can match the gods, and they have been embroiled in a battle with them for as long as anyone knows. They are able to transfer to the human world through possession of animals or people, though their power may be too much for smaller vessels. Due to the direct transfer of power, demon-possessed creatures may, with plenty of work and luck, defeat a god's cat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Name: Guy "Party Cat"
Appearance: A really green cat. Mainly just plain green with Blue eyes. Has white colored fur on the inner part of his ear. He has a goblet attached to him by straps
Personality: Very happy, never really sees any bad in people. Always wants to be cheerful, but doesn't like people being quiet. So he will try to make conversations whenever he feels like it's TOO quiet. He also becomes REALLY Happy whenever he is intoxicated... I mean... "The happiest drunk you'll ever meet." -Elder, Earlier today.
Powers: Has the power to Intoxicate any human. Has the ability to change any weak organisms into anything (Like Earth Animals and plants). He also can make Wine appear from absolutely nowhere.
God: Dionysus
Backstory: N/A
Notes: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:05 am

Name: 'Efiri' (actually Itheras)
Appearance: Her cat form and gaseous form appear as such: http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/18/19/86/97/the_de10.png
Her two independent forms are quite different. She appears human and is, in fact, divinely beautiful, fully utilizing this with clothes that certainly attract attention, preferring metallic colored dresses. Efiri's hair is long and slightly wavy, golden in coloration and usually in either a complex bun or let down, her eyes a sky blue.
As a demon, she is once again beautiful, her skin is largely a red color, with darker red and red-orange mottles. Her eyes are snakelike (as her tongue is) and golden, and her hair jet black and pulled back into a low ponytail. She wears a leather halter top and a skirt, slit on the left and right side. Occasionally she can be seen wearing plain steel armor, but when she really isn't caring she'll just appear as a silhouette.
Personality: At her core, Efiri has an all-business mindset. She will do exactly what needs to be done to get exactly the result she wants, planning this out with a keen mind. It is easy enough to do this with the ability to smooth talk and charm people even without use of her powers, as well as being a skilled liar. Pretending to be a godly cat, she disguises her personality with a shallower one; she talks, teases, flirts, but does not really show incredible intelligence.
Powers: Efiri naturally has the ability to manipulate shadows (hiding in them, creating darkness, etc.) and fire, or just plain heat if she wants to. Adding onto this, she can poke at a person's emotions; tone down suspicions, make them angrier, but nothing too extreme for fear of being noticed. She is easily able to charm people, though she can do this even without her powers.
To explain further on her powers with fire, Efiri can create fire at a whim, light or extinguish one as she wishes, and play with fire, being completely invulnerable to it. If she wished she could potentially coat her body in fire, but that would likely be too much for her vessel and she doesn't want to risk it.
God: Efiri is a demon possessing a cat, but claims that her god(dess) is Hestia.
Backstory: From the moment Efiri was, she was a demon. She knew her purpose and her power; her strengths and her weaknesses. She lived and fought and lived, doing as every other demon did.
Then came their Leader, who organized the fight against the gods. Efiri was willing. She wanted to overthrow the gods. She wanted to kill the gods. And so when they discovered the godly cats, she volunteered to possess a cat herself and spy on them. Efiri arrived a while before the others, allowing her time to ease herself into her vessel and role.
And now, she waits until she shall strike.
Notes:

Last edited by nopenopenopenope on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Name: Tabitha
Appearance: A sleek, black cat with green eyes.
Personality: Tabitha is sort of a Goth cat. She likes hanging around graveyards and her town's Halloween festival. She's not scared of several things that scare other people/cats and occasionally has anger issues, but not often.
Powers: She can summon the dead in the form of ghosts, zombies, or ghouls and open rifts in the earth that go straight to the Underworld.
God: Hades.
Backstory: N/A
Notes: N/A

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:10 am

(OOC: Got fed up of waiting for Fuse, he can join later.)

Bastet straightened up in her chair as she noticed a ripple of the portal. She adjusted her clothes and dusted them off, pretending she hadn't totally zoned out. Who sent a cat through? she wondered, only to notice Hestia was gone from their midst. It wouldn't have hurt to tell me. Now I don't even know what her cat looks like! she thought, frowning. Her attention was diverted by the fact that Dionysus was petting a cat, which was currently curled up in his lap, whilst babbling drunkenly. Hmph. A tom, who was (rather oddly) grape green. She raised an eyebrow, suspecting Dionysus messing with the cat's color somehow, but decided it was best to leave the drunk god of wine alone.

Instead, she turned her focus to Hades. A black cat with bright emerald green eyes seated next to him meowed, sensing Bastet's eyes on her. She did not seem frightened, but rather pleased with the attention the goddess gave her. Hades glanced towards the cat, Bastet understanding she was his choice.

"Very well. Dionysus, Hades, you two have made your choice, correct?"

Dionysus hiccuped and mumbled something, while Hades nodded solemnly. "Very well. Cats?" Both cats perked up, Bastet frowning as she noticed a goblet around the green cat's neck, but once again decided that messing with drunk Dionysus was a waste of time.

"Dionysus, Hades, you need to gift these cats with your power..." she gestured towards their choices. Dionysus nodded lazily, the green cat glowing wine red for a few moments, showing the gift of power. The black cat's gift was less noticeable, her coat matching the aura that surrounded her. She merely purred and licked the back of her paw. Bastet nodded towards the two cats, who both ran towards the portal located in between a particularly big gap in seats, and upon reaching it, disappeared.

Now where was Hestia's cat? She sighed and focused on a 'searchword' among cats--fire. It took a few seconds of random, disconnected images flittering through her mind's eye--there. A cat located where she should be, jet black with metallic golden eyes, batting at a flame flickering in front of her playfully. Bastet relaxed. Hestia had done it correctly, it seemed.

The two cats appeared in front of the one already there, whose ears perked up in a friendly way.

"You must be more godly cats," she meowed cheerily. "My name is Efiri. What are yours?" Huh. This is too easy... who would've thought Hestia would actually up and leave? She smiled to herself and purred convincingly, hiding the fact it was actually malevolence fueling that smile and not friendliness.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:23 am

"Woah! This is neat! I don't know what I'm saying though!"

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25 am

Efiri frowned. "Uh... could you just tell me who your god is--" she noticed the goblet around his neck. "...Dionysus. Are you drunk?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:27 am

"Drunk? What? I don't think so... Maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:29 am

Efiri sighed. "I'm willing to bet you are... nothing we can do about it now, I guess." But she still purred, laughing at him, and poked teasingly at him. She then turned to the other cat with them. "You?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 am

"I'm a cat, seee! I'm grumpy, seee! I can talk, seee!"

*Starts to walk around*

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 am

Efiri smacked him. "I'm asking her a question, idiot. Who's your god?"

(And now we wait for Max.)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:54 am

"Ow...!"

*Starts to rub where he got smacked*

(Okay. Waiting on Max now)

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:28 pm

"Hades." Tabitha wrapped her tail around her paws, cocked her head to one side, and blinked once, slowly. "You smell like sulfur."

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Efiri stared at her oddly. Sh-t! I forgot to get rid of my smell! "Really? Weird." She did her best to seem puzzled and continued speaking. "Well... what are your names?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:18 pm

"Tabitha."

The tip of her tail tapped against the ground.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:25 pm

"Oh... Well if you are my family you would call me Guy, but you are not my family so you can call me Party Cat. It sticks easier I think."

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:32 pm

"Well. It's nice to meet you, Party Cat, Tabitha. I suppose we're here to be guardians... but why here, exactly?" Efiri frowned and looked around her.

She couldn't identify the city, but her 'friends' insisted New York, New York, and they were likely right. "It might just be a random place, but there's probably something up here... let's check it out, shall we?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:35 pm

*Party cat tried to cover his eyes with his paws.*

"Oh my goodness! Why is this place so Looooooooooud!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm

"Honestly, it's not that bad here."

Tabitha batted one of Guy's ears with her paw.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Efiri snorted and started walking away, sniffing the air and looking around. Fine, you were right, it is New York, she told the others. Why would the gods drop us off here, though?

We've been seen here, Itheras. Yes. Seen. They think to kill us where we start.

What should I do, then? I won't attack you.

Buy us time. While you pretend, we shall begin somewhere else. Those fools will never notice.

Alright. Efiri turned back to the two cats. "Well? Coming along or what?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:40 pm

"Fine. Fine... This place is really weird though."

*Party cat starts to follow*

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Tabitha scrunched her forehead. She squeezed her eyes shut and then opened them again. Finally she shook her head and straightened out.

"I'm right behind ya."

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 pm

"Did anyone even tell us what we were suppose to do? I think I didn't hear that part."

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 pm

"Actually, no."

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down