Shorter Stories

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shorter Stories

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:58 pm

For short stories.

This is set in a place for which I wrote numerous crappy stories.

They asked of tears
they asked of sorrow
and she looked at them
and she laughed

They asked of laughter
they asked of joy
and she looked at them
and she cried

Because they didn’t understand
Because they dared ask
Because one day they would understand
And she wouldn’t be there
To put their hearts back together

*~*~*~*

She swept into the room with her dress whipping around her ankles. She just barely smiled at her friend who sat across from her. She sat at the table.

“Hello ‘Kaya.”

“Hello Violet.”

Violet sighed and sipped her tea, looking at it for a moment before switching to Sakaya. “I can see on your face that something’s wrong, ‘hon. Don’t try and say there isn’t, I know when you’re lying.” She then looked back at her tea.

“I’m gonna die.”

Violet just barely glanced up. “More trouble from ‘Doney?”

“Well, course it is. Take care of the kids for me, will you? I don’t think he can handle them on his own.”

“‘Course I can. What are friends for?”

“Huh, and I’ll visit eventually, ‘kay? Make sure no one forgets me.” Sakaya smiled and lifted her knapsack that always... always sat on that one table by the door. “See ya in a few decades maybe, Violet?”

“Sure, ‘Kaya.” Violet looked up and smiled at her friend. “Be careful. I know about the whole... thing and all, but still, it is rather annoying what with the notices.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t do stuff with that. Hopefully there won’t be much more paperwork after this one.”

Violet laughed. “Do you really think that after all this time you can?...” She slid a finger across her throat.

“Maybe. Maybe now.” Sakaya sighed. “Because otherwise it’s just gonna go on and on. I’m sick of playing cat and mouse, sick of being chased. Keep the kids safe--everything you possibly can do. I don’t care if they whine, complain, argue--keep them safe.”

“‘Kaya, dear--”

A smile, false. “Just do as I say, Violet, alright? You’ve been a dear.”

Now a sigh, turn away, stand up. “Alright.”

And she didn’t turn around again, just felt that warm summer breeze on her back as the door opened and closed quickly, so quickly.

*~*~*~*

Sakaya wrinkled her nose and gestured around the area she and the man stood in. “Poor taste in decoration, really. Haven’t you ever considered that people have allergies, ‘Doney?”

She enjoyed his gritting of teeth and watched his hand curl into a fist. “What do you want, Sakaya?”

“Mind stopping bothering me? It is rather annoying by now.” She clucked her tongue. “Oh, yeah, if you could remind my idiot brother that you’re supposed to have a leash which you keep on disabling...”

“I get bored!” His demeanor switched from gentleman to brat. “Come on, you can’t expect me to--”

“If you keep on doing that I’m afraid it’s poofing your essence again.”

He pouted.

“And don’t pout. You’re a grown man. Seriously.”

Aidonius sighed and rolled his eyes instead.

“That’s acceptable.”

“Stop making one-sided conversations, Sakaya. It’s very, very annoying when you do those.”

“Haven’t had much practice lately, was bound to happen,” she replied dryly. “So, I want to you stop annoying me. Got that?”

And he just laughed. Just a little chuckle at first before it turned into a full, mocking laugh--one that was cut short by Sakaya’s fist across his face.

“Ow. That was uncalled for.” He didn’t seem fazed by the fact that she had punched him.

“I say it was.”

He sighed. “Anyway, you wanted me to stop.”

“Your terms?”

“I want you to laugh.”

Sakaya cleared her throat and stared at him. “Are you going senile?”

“I want you to laugh.”

“You must be. Seriously, all that time...” She stared at him. “Let’s think this over. You. Want me. To laugh.”

“I want you to laugh.” And with that, he turned and walked away.

Dumbfounded for a moment, Sakaya paused and stared at him again.

Then she laughed.

*~*~*~*

She was back quicker than she thought she would be. She opened the portal and stepped through, knocking on the door and--

Falling over.

She coughed out dust and looked up. Had she miscalculated?

...There was no door. That was impossible. She looked through the portal and then to her map that always showed exactly where she was.

Home.

Looked up again.

Ashes.

Just a note.

Dear Diary,

Today Auntie Violet said that we were going to go to Auntie Midnight’s house! I can’t wait! After all, Auntie Midnight always makes the best food.

I want Mommy to come home soon though.

--

Burnt. All the rest of it, burnt. It took a while for Sakaya to realize that she was the one burning it, hands shaking and she hadn’t even noticed she was burning the paper. She cast it away and sat down.

“Well then...” she said simply, trying to stop from bursting into tears. “I guess that I’ll just leave now...”

Sakaya stood up and ran away.

*~*~*~*
I want you to laugh
So for a few impossible moments
You think you’ve won.
But then when you look back
You’ll see that you lost
You’ll see that
I wanted you to cry

You should be sufficiently clueless by now.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shorter Stories

Post by you're not my supervisor on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Yep. You did a good job of that. Sufficiently clueless Kat is sufficiently clueless.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 am

Summary of plot and stuff. (It's probably going to be totally rewritten because of the sheer crappiness) (Also it started because my friends and I are totally weird and we were at Halloween and... it's too long to explain properly so yeah)
So there are these girls. At different schools. And so there's this contest or tournament or something (probably going to be rewritten because my friend was like 'dude this is like goblet of fire' and I was like '...that was not intended.') and the schools get together for this... thing... and the five girls are contestants or something or maybe there end up being other people who get disqualified for cheating and then there are stuff and in one part this person is controlled using dark magic and no one has a clue/one person has a clue but the person who used dark magic of that power was there when the other people were gone and then they all get teleported away where it is revealed the evil person is one of the girl's brothers and apparently they're on this 'mission' for something and they're leaders of this society/just group of people (rewriting) which their father used to lead. And the girl is older than her bro but her bro is leader anyway.
Essentially her bro dies.
And then they go back to school and pretend nothing happened.
And then it turns out that her bro was instead send to a plaaaaace that's a thing. (actually being WRITTEN not rewritten, thought it wasn't a crap idea) and essentially her friends don't get it and almost end up destroying the thing her brother is in and actually killing him.
In the next installment which won't be rewritten or stuff because it's better than anything I would write because it was my friend writing it. And she is better at writing than me (in my opinion). I only helped. Anyway there is this princess who goes to the school and ends up helping them get her brother back because something went HORRIBLY WRONG and the girl's brother (Sakaya is the girl and her bro is Harvlik) is stuck in La'Vey which is essentially the place of death.
Anyway the guy in charge, Aidonius, really really hates the royalty of the place they are in (Lafkia which is accompanied by the nations Biraka and Eanal and Ichidor which is kind of not there but also there and The Underworld Nation which is also like Ichidor).
And so they go to the underworld after encountering the clasmanian sow which destroys a phone shop.
and then I'm too lazy to write the rest of the plot because it's getting late and I'm going to a church retreat tomorrow I'll explain it all on monday okay thx bai

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:48 am

Um, well, that explained it a little....

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Continued: they go to this person known as the Seer who tells them something 'bout something and then go to La'Vey. They stumble across a giant river that will turn you insane if you touch it. And then Sakaya reveals something and they go to the other side after she finds her pet drakon. They kill some other beings of Aidonius' army and then Aidonius' essence is dispersed after a phoenix is taken care of and Harvlik is confirmed to be alright. (Aidonius is the god of death so you can't kill him. Unfortunately.)
I'm too lazy to type anymore I want korean food and I want it now. Good day,

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 am

I just had a strange idea for something that could be a cool Pokemon fanfic. It involves the following:
A Lucario which is definitely not happy
A random Pokemon Trainer guy who has some influence with aura
The random guy's friends (probably two, 'cause three is a cool number)
and the random guy trying to find the Lucario and capture it

I dunno lol. All I've got is the Lucario attacking people somehow, and the random guy and his friends encounter it on their journey. It attacks them, but fails to kill them for whatever reason.

I'm really weird.

Why would everything be an amazing manga? I don't understandandandandand

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon May 06, 2013 2:07 am

First plot stuff getting set down:
-Lucario was owned, once. Her original owner died and she was passed on to his son
-Mistreated, grew angry and hateful
-Attacks humans, but does not kill, cause no killing gon' happen 'round here
-Unless it's moved to 13+ section
-Can communicate telepathically, though limited
-Random guy's name is Lim
-Who knows what he looks like
-Encounter Lucario, who attacks them
-His two friends are both more affected by the attack than he is, and he recognizes the way Lucario is attacking him
-Chases down Lucario
-Encounters numerous times, fails to catch or communicate and just ends up hurt every time
-I'm weird
-Really weird
-Seriously weird
-...what
-Gets back on topic
-Who knows

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 am

This surely looks interesting. Perhaps I will either wait for more or help with this. Depends on your choice really.

~Johann

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 am

I like the idea a lot--if you want to, you can pitch in ideas.

Thanks for your support, by the way. I wasn't expecting someone to respond. I've got a little idea for how the start would go and would like your thoughts:

"...reports of a Lucario running rampant through Johto..."

Lim yawned, stretching out on his couch. He wasn't paying much attention to the news, though Mina and Evan seemed very interested.

"Hey Lim, did you hear that?" And there was Mina, prodding him. Her bright green-blue hair hung over her blue eyes, making them hard to pick out.

"Nah," Lim replied, "Should I have?"

In response to that, Mina slapped him. "Yeah, you should've!" she exclaimed, shoving her face into his in annoyance. Lim backed off quickly. Evan turned to look at them, his eyebrows raised questioningly.

"...Mina, don't--don't do that."

She pouted and sat back, arms crossed and eyes filled with anger. "Well, you should've heard it. News says there's a Lucario running rampant in Johto."

"Okay, so?" Lim inquired without even thinking about what he was saying.

"It's useful, idiot!" Mina almost slapped him again but held herself back. "After all, you wanted to travel through your home region again. Better keep an eye out--it's been attacking random people."

Lim was actually interested for a few moments, but he heard the reporter say "In other news..." and lost his curiosity entirely.

"Yeah, yeah, it's useful..." he grumbled. "Anyway, we're leaving in an hour. Right?"

"Right," Evan and Mina mumbled in reply, Mina turning back to the news and Evan standing up to presumably get some food.

~that's all I have, folks~

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 07, 2013 11:21 am

I might have an idea on how to help this. Maybe you can make the news reporter have more detail on what the Lucario is doing other than running around.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue May 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Heh, yeah. I just wrote that at 9:45 or so, brain isn't always running flawlessly...

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Yeah... I'm not good at this right now, wait for Johann to tell you something smart for a change...

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue May 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Well, okay...

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 pm

So, here we go:

"...reports of a Lucario running rampant through Johto..."

Lim yawned, stretching out on his couch. He wasn't paying much attention to the news, though Mina and Evan seemed very interested.

"...this Lucario has reportedly attacked multiple people. Caution is advised if you are traveling through the region."

"Hey Lim, did you hear that?" And there was Mina, prodding him. Her bright green-blue hair hung over her blue eyes, making them hard to pick out.

"Nah," Lim replied, "Should I have?"

In response to that, Mina slapped him. "Yeah, you should've!" she exclaimed, shoving her face into his in annoyance. Lim backed off quickly. Evan turned to look at them, his eyebrows raised questioningly.

"...Mina, don't--don't do that."

She pouted and sat back, arms crossed and eyes filled with anger. "Well, you should've heard it. News says there's a Lucario running rampant in Johto."

"Okay, so?" Lim inquired without even thinking about what he was saying.

"It's useful, idiot!" Mina almost slapped him again but held herself back. "After all, you wanted to travel through your home region again. Better keep an eye out--it's been attacking random people."

Lim was actually interested for a few moments, and decided to try to listen.

"The Lucario was last seen around Violet City. As we have stated before, caution is advised if you are traveling in that area. In other news..."

He blinked. "Wow. Uh, anyway, we're leaving in an hour, right?"

"Yeah, yeah..." Mina sighed and looked back at the news, while Evan seemed content to try and sleep.

Edited.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 pm

After my first read. I didn't notice any problems in it... I'll double check to make sure. If I don't post anything, it's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue May 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Thank you~ I quite appreciate you taking the time to review it~

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Certainly not a problem to me. It's nice to see someone who has a nice taste in writing.

Back to top Go down

Post by da rox on Wed May 08, 2013 7:42 am

COOL GOOD JOB!

ロハスとアクセル
da rox
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

Currently playing : with my mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Quick Practice Short

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:37 am

Leaves rustled overhead, shadows in the night. In the clearing, moonlight shone brightly, illuminating the blades of grass beneath their feet.

She was the first one to smile, her teeth eerily sharp and unfitting for such a pretty girl. Her hair was like fire in the darkness, red fading to black at the ends. At the end of tapered fingers, claws appeared.

The two did not smile. Their forms were like shadows in the darkness, yet an aura seemed to surround them, as if the spirit of a wolf was watching over them. White, black--both the moonlight flickered over, yet did not sufficiently illuminate.

"So," she said first, her smile remaining, "here we are."

They did not reply, faces like stone, unmoving, neutral.

"We used to be friends once, didn't we?" A small laugh escaped her. "Friends..." ...and her eyes dimmed, as if she was remembering something from years gone by.

"In any case, you appear to be impeding my progress. I'm afraid you will have to move out of the way."

A growl began, first in the back of her throat, then emanating throughout the whole clearing. Before eyes could register, before minds could even try to understand, a fox, a vixen. Her coat was red as red was, with paws black as the night that surrounded them. Baring her teeth, she ran suddenly at the other two.

Too fast, they moved aside. The vixen turned in a circle, the growl a constant undertone. Her ears flattened against her head and her eyes darted between the two standing nearby, watching and waiting.

First came the black wolf, snarling and clawing at the vixen, who shied away into the shelter of the trees. Next came the white one, pelt like the glow of the moon above. He stood still, calm, yet prepared to attack.

The vixen attacked without warning, scratching and yelping to make her way into the other half of the clearing. It was clear that the other two were larger than her, yet she had a sort of deranged and wild cleverness in her eyes, a willingness to bite down on flesh and maim others that the other two seemed too honorable to have. She held still, breathing, for a moment.

Then the black wolf pounced, biting down where fur was present a moment ago. Hissing, the vixen moved too quickly for his slow strength and snapped without aim, leaping over his back and just barely catching his ear for a moment.

But in front of her was the white wolf, a great body larger than hers--and stronger than hers, too. Barely moving, he pushed her more than anything, sending her back into the black wolf.

The black wolf growled, twitching his ear and deciding it was no great wound. But the vixen leapt too high for his snapping jaw, escaping into the other area of the clearing.

A sound not too far from human laughing was heard, coming from behind her. Immediately, the two wolves tensed and the vixen seemed to smile.

A bear, an eagle, a jaguar... they all arrived at different times, from different places. The two wolves flattened their ears against their skulls, baring their teeth and growling. The tides had turned; they were outnumbered and soon to be overpowered.

We used to be friends once, didn't we?

Hopeless. A battle fought against fate, against an unbeatable enemy.

Friends.

It was clear what the end would be, yet they had never considered it.

friends

The vixen. They never should have trusted her, should they?

fri

ends

After all, she laughed when the light dimmed from their eyes. As their last breath escaped them, as they gave up the hopeless battle, she was watching.

we

used to be

frie

frien

She smiled at the black wolf, at the white wolf. She breathed and looked at her allies. The bear, the eagle, the jaguar...

we used to be friends

They left, turned tail, leaving their corpses, leaving them alone.

The moonlight shone brightly in the clearing, their death almost poetic.

The vixen.

Why?

They used to be friends.

(This is not a complete thing that is relevant to Fuse's old story, Beast.

Of course not.

But Camille totally went insane, and now Steven/Dire and Kerotarasu are dead. Woop-dee-doo.)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Hi guys, I'm bored.

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:52 am

But in all seriousness I'm drawing True Power us because I had a super cool idea. It also involves craziness and death. And also the worst ending. Ever. Not kidding, the ending I've got planned out sucks. You're going to hate me for it.

Just to remind myself, I'll PM myself the quick plot.

But first:

We're in an alternate reality.

It has presumably taken place after everything is OK: so basically everyone's good, everyone's friends, and somehow Riku, Fuse and I are not dead anymore. Don't question it.

Starts off: Fuse and I wake up in the alternate reality. Without any memories of what happened or why we're here, we set off to find you guys, fighting against some oddly familiar obstacles.

We encounter you (Riku, Travis, Max, Bloons and Dean) shortly, you all having apparently waken up together. We puzzle over the different places of waking up for a while but are more concerned about the fact that we're in a freaking alternate reality guys and decide to start getting out of it.

I mean, it's actually a pretty cool place, but that kind of makes it worse. Because it's creepy.

And then plot, when we realize the alternate reality has an edge... and it is also becoming progressively smaller and more distorted and insane as time goes by. And then the ending.

You will hate me for the ending. I think it is probably the worst ending you could possibly have and you should rightfully hate me for it.

Also I am hoping I can make it a comic, or at least something I write with lots and lots of pictures.

Lots of them.

So yeah, once it starts going it won't update very frequently. I'll probably show like chapter covers or something and then start posting after I've gotten like, ten done. Or more, depending on how fast I can actually make them.

Maybe not so many pictures.

But the cover is looking pretty good right now. I've only drawn myself and Fuse as of yet, and I was bsing like all of how Fuse looks (He is... fairly tall with short hair and wears blue jeans and a blue long sleeved shirt--wait, that's all? Oh wait there's purple/blue marks! (I totally bsed the marks)), but other people gave better descriptions (Except Bloons. I will have to bs everything. everything.) so I won't just be bsing them.

because i can't draw guy-looking guys... i'm sorry to say, but bishie.

yeah.

maybe i'll just say bloons is dead to--okay no that's mean

uuuh

brown hair, brown eyes, t-shirt, jeans. Sounds safe. (you said average? YOU GET AVERAGE. NOW TAKE AVERAGE.)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:54 am

lol i shouldn't have been crapping the ending so much, it's honestly not that bad. kinda bittersweet i guess? but it's still prone to change

still though it's not going to be happily ever after

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:59 am

actually guy your description sucks

at least I can look at a picture of you for reference. Max, you're cool. Travis could be better but it's good enough.

Bloons. I hate you.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:30 am

Well, Bloons has described his hair to me in chat as being like, shoulder-length. But that's all I have.

And thank-you. I like to think I'm cool even though we all know I'm a major dork.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm

With that description, all I can think is: EMO HAIR! EMO HAIR! EMO HAIR! EMO HAIR!

but lol, working on dat piccy now, will start writing soon.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:08 am

Yay!

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books