Dead by Thanksgiving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead by Thanksgiving

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:53 am

Prologue.

Now that they had moved to a new town--a small town, but a new one--there was a sudden feeling of independence. The three were now away from their parents. They cooked their own food, bought their own groceries, did their own laundry, and worked on their own, though only for a short time.

Everyone reacted to this differently. Gandalf continued to work for Tom Nook, assuming the role of the mother, and also got what was possibly the most ridiculous hairstyle in the world. Nathan was fairly aloof, though through his endeavors on the computer he gained most of their money. Ami died her hair pink.

Bright pink.

But she went further than that. She was the youngest and the most impressionable, and the most likely to get in over her head. Without realizing what could possibly go wrong, she only focused on everything that was going to go right.

All he needed was her to pay him the mortgage on the house! Fine it was increased, and there was a deadline, and every time she fully paid it off another one, even bigger, would pop up, but there was no interest! He would even buy many of the items that were easy to find around the town, some of them for quite a lot. This potential source for monetary gain only became more profitable when, after bringing back some fruit from another town and planting it, the family discovered they sold for more than the fruit already native to their town.

In return? Ami got to be mayor! Well, technically that old turtle, Tortimer, was the 'mayor' of Southpol. But she was pulling all the strings. She made up the rules. Ooh, I like that person's flowers. Well, let's just say that in that area, flowers can't be planted!

But it was only in November, the Monday before Thanksgiving, that Ami realized exactly what she had gotten herself into. Her brother disappeared, and there was just a simple note left for her.

Pay back the debt or Gandalf is next. Pay off 150,000 bells, or you'll all be dead by Thanksgiving.

She didn't need the name. She knew exactly who it was.

She knew she had exactly 150,000 bells to pay off, and three days to do it.

Chapter 1.

Ami took a breath and tried to calm herself down. Checking her pockets, she saw 3,000 bells. Okay, that took care of almost nothing. Better pick some fruit... damn, she'd have to sell it to him. Sighing, she checked the bag she kept at her waist. Okay, she had a few peaches, a few cherries, a few coconuts, and one orange. Her stomach grumbled. A bit reluctantly, since she could get 500 bells for it, Ami peeled the orange and popped half of it into her mouth, leaving the other half for her sister. Taking her net, fishing rod, shovel, watering can, and umbrella, she left the house and looked for the nearby trees.

Huh. There were a lot of them. Perhaps... maybe this wouldn't be so impossible? Shaking the nearest one, a peach tree, Ami picked up one peach before her captain's hat slipped down over her eyes. Grumbling, she readjusted it and checked her lacy dress. It was fine, thankfully. Picking up the rest of her peaches, Ami noticed Roscoe.

The black horse's red eyes widened and he dashed over to her, his fishing rod in his... hand? hoof? "Hey, Ami! How're you doing, dude?" he asked, smiling at her.

"Um..." Ami paused. "Good," she said, lying through her teeth. "How're you? Got anything interesting to talk about?"

"I've been looking for a bluegill!" Roscoe replied. "They're pretty rare, so they're hard to find... Wait!" His eyes narrowed. "I challenge you to a fishing contest! Whoever catches a bluegill first wins!"

"Well I..." It would waste her valuable time...

"Come on, I'll give you a prize!"

Then she was interested. "Uh, sure." And she might pick up some valuable fish along the way... and yes! She had the bottles for them in her pack.

Little other eventful things happened during the day. Rowan challenged her to catch a rarer fish; she lost, unfortunately, but at least made a profit from selling all the fish she'd caught. Ami never did find a bluegill. But by the end of the day, she had made 51,000 bells and gotten 685 from just scavenging inside the house. If she got this amount every day, it would be easy.

But there were very, very few trees left to harvest, and none were going to have fruit again until Thanksgiving, likely enough. And when she'd gone to sell to Nook, he seemed displeased. He was going to take Gandalf. She knew it. She asked Gandalf, when she got home, if she could have some bells. Like the kind older sister she was, Gandalf agreed to set aside 1,400 bells. Ah well... it helped. Every last bell helped.

Ami knew she would need it.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead by Thanksgiving

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Ooooooooooh, exciting.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Chapter 2.

Ami woke up on Tuesday and was aware of complete, total silence surrounding her. "Gandalf?" she called out into the silence, her eyes still shut. She didn't get an answer. She wasn't expecting one.

Sighing, Ami sat up in bed and stepped on to the cold floor. She picked up her bag and attached it to her belt, then headed down the stairs.

A few eggs were out on the kitchen counter, the pan on the burner without any heat. There was no note left, though. Ami already knew what she had to do. She cracked the eggs on the pan after turning on the heat, then made a few scrambled eggs and ate them for breakfast.

Alright. Priorities: Pick fruit. Sell fruit. Look for any money. Actually, since she was in the house, maybe she should look right now. But she'd searched everywhere... except her siblings' rooms.

She felt guilty. But she knew she needed it. She found nothing in her sister's room, just a few fruit to sell. But in her brother's room she hit the jackpot.

He had forty nine-thousand and two bells in his drawer.

She could do this. In fact, she'd pay almost all of what Nook had asked of her today, then pay the one remaining bell tomorrow. Ami resisted laughing out loud and reminded herself she still had money to make.

She spent the rest of the day collecting fruit and selling it to Nook. There were more trees than she had thought--there were actually still plenty left even after she found herself in possession of 102,825 bells.

She paid 96,914 bells, leaving one for tomorrow. But she knew as Nook counted up every last Bell he was giving her that he was not happy.

But who cared? Everyone would be home by Thanksgiving.

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum