One Thousand and One AUs

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Thousand and One AUs

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am

Yes.

Yes, that is the title.

No, I'm not making up one thousand and one AUs what do you think I am, somebody that writes one thousand and one AUs?

But yes, Harry Potter is on the list.

Because why the f--k not.

DEM AUS I BE TALKIN 'BOUT IN THAT TITLE
(They'll be posted in this topic and the posts linked to in the OP. Probably. I'll try. Okay? I'll try.)

LoX AUs

Modern Magic
Summary: The universe of Xia had no technological trappings and has been granted the ability to advance. These are the lives of the characters you know, but in a modern fantasy world.
The Topic
Story in the same AU:
Ill
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four

He Lived [FINISHED]
Summary: There are very important points that makes things go the way they should. One of these would just so happen to be someone's life. This influences a chain of events; leading to a new Chaos Lord and the eventual defeat of a corrupt predecessor. Once, this person--Valion--their life ended. But this time, something different happened.
He lived.
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV (Finale)

the notes are chaos and yet we still play
he has killed her father, so now she kills him. so she gets what he killed her father for; she receives the power he has wanted for so long. and then? and then the story progresses; the only thing that could have stopped him knows what has occurred and yet they do not know enough.
he has never cared for music, and the songs that play prove his point.
prologue: a lullaby that he might sleep
chapter one: a funeral march for a man marching to his end
chapter two: a hymn yet there is no god
chapter three: fortepiano
chapter four: a duet risen from blood
chapter five: a melody cannot last forever
chapter six: a note out of tune

Mermaid AU
He can't swim, but he's saved by a mermaid when abruptly thrown into the water--one of the things that he is training to kill. And not just any mermaid, the heir to the throne of sorts. Now what?
Fuse: Human, lives on the island in the middle of the ocean. He is in training to fight against the 'mermaid menace' rather reluctantly, even more reluctantly when a mermaid saves his life.
Saivel:Great white shark mermaid (actually purple) who has taken an interest in humans, especially one in particular. One day he is thrown into the ocean and nearly drowns, and against her better judgment she saves him.
Kaime: A selkie spy living on the island, a bit of an outcast who appears to know Saivel somewhat. They were alienated for not really allying with the mermaids, but seeming to be content with leaving them alone.
Venia: Largely black flying fish with some green scales mixed in. She is a curious and energetic mermaid whose tendencies to explore wherever she can has brought her in touch with some unsavory folk.
Aaron: Sea snake, not technically a merman, who works as an assassin for any mermaids who want someone gone without doing the dirty work themselves. One day Venia finds him and is determined to learn more about him, even though he just wants her off his case.
In Which Saivel and Fuse Meet

Being the Captain of a Famous Ship Shouldn't Be This Stressful

When Arthur Belnz was given the famous ship Citadel to explore the farthest reaches of space, he thought things could only get better for him. He should've checked the duty roster.

Where do we start? Well, there's his First Officer Saivel Athess, the daughter of an admiral (who was the last captain of Citadel, no less), who habitually flirts with people and must have a death wish. Or maybe she just craves continuous excitement or something. Either way, she is bound to land Arthur in an asylum someday.

Then there is Ensign Venia, Saivel's best friend, and just as impulsive and eccentric as the First Officer. And unfortunately, she is very, very smart and very, very young, and dammit don't look at me like that fine I will give you my permission, goddammit.

Next is his medical officer, Kaime (just that--Kaime), who is a fucking alien and could probably man the ship by themselves. And they're no standard alien, no, they're an ambassador of the recently discovered species off on who-cares-planet-somewhere. And they just happen to be really, really powerful.

Jesus Christ, the guy doesn't blink.

And his Science Officer? Let's not talk about him. Just... no.

That dude's fucking creepy.
Drabbles:
Eating Habits
Actual Chapters:
Prologue
Chapter One: The Repercussions of First Contact
Chapter Two: A Good First Impression is Key to a Good Professional Relationship

In Which Fuse is Afraid of His Most Powerful Pokemon
All Fuse really knew about Team Discord was that he wanted to stop them. He did not know that when he defeated their leader Valon, he apparently gained custody of the family's Yveltal. He did not know Valon had a niece around his age.

He also did not know that Valon wasn't really gone.

The Policeman Next Door
Arthur Belnz, magic regulator, moves into a neighborhood well known for its disregard for the Prohibition of Witchcraft. It so happens that he moves in next to a vampire and two witches. Hilarity and existential crises ensue.
Prologue
Chapter One: Ignorance is Bliss (Or So They Say)
Chapter Two: No News is Good News

Teenlox
It began when Saivel decided that being a wingman for Kaime was a great idea. It escalated when some dude stole Kaime's lunch.
No one's really sure where it's going to go from there, but with a group like this, it can only be good.
Chapter 1: Drunk
Chapter 2: Conversations
Chapter 3: Dodge

Serendipity
Fuse woke up in a hospital room with no memory of who he was, what he was, or where he was from, only a man named Dragon saying he was his adoptive father and he'd been in a car accident. He tried his best to return to a normal life, though he didn't remember what a 'normal' life ought to be like. School came far too soon, and Fuse was only half certain he wouldn't immediately fail all his classes at the local college.

As he was soon to discover, however, college was the least of his worries. Serendipity, Xyla, isn't exactly a normal town...
this will eventually be a comic i hope
Short Stories
In Retrospect, We Could've Avoided This Entire Situation
Hyung

Detective AU
Kaime didn't exactly intend to become a consultant for the police. Actually, they were well on their way to becoming a florist, since being a veterinarian didn't pan out. But Saivel, their childhood friend, somehow managed to get them into it--which seems to be a common theme in their life. Aided by Fuse Olen, the head detective of Citadel's police department, Venia, Fuse's partner, and Dragon, Saivel's godfather, Kaime and Saivel end up solving crimes and, just maybe, stumbling on something bigger than it looks like initially.

...nah, that's not gonna happen.

break the cycle
Aaron Frye lives happily with his girlfriend, Venia, in their apartment in Citadel, Xia. Well, 'happily' is relative. Every now and then he disappears for a day, and then reappears the next day apologetic and sad. Venia doesn't push him, and he promises to tell her why he does it when he 'feels ready.'

And then out of seemingly nowhere, he packs his bags and leaves, returning to London, the city of his birth, and to Brigid Logan, the woman who raised him. She welcomes him back with open arms, but things have changed since he was a child, and Aaron starts to realize that she isn't the person he thought she was. That maybe he should go back. After all, the choice he made to return isn't permanent, not yet.

And Venia is looking for him, and she loves him, and he loves her.

And yet.

for tonight
As the sole heir to the throne, Prince Fuse is obviously expected to have children of his own. This means that he is expected to take a wife, not a husband, and certainly not a spouse who is neither. His parents already have a marriage prospect lined up for him, in fact. Despite knowing all this, though, he dances with a noble by the name of Kaime at the ball, and falls in love with them.

Shit.

As a noble's daughter, with myriads of servants in her home that obey her every whim, Saivel is expected to bear children, and most definitely not to fall in love with any of the servants. Apparently, she can't accomplish one without the other, and in fact she does the second one twice over. Soon enough she's in a relationship with both her maid, Venia, and the guard, Aaron.

Shit.

Xia Forum AUs

Better
(Or Elder Loses Her S--t: The Novelization)
Summary: It had been inevitable, and they all knew it. The human race had reached its peak. There were no more records, no more discoveries. No change. Of course no one could live with that. So people worked towards something to increase humanities' capacities--to become harder better faster stronger smarter, to become stronger. At first, these implants, these 'Upgrades,' were organic. They caused no harm to the body and their effects seemed to pass on, even multiply through children. But soon they reached their limit too, and they moved into the mechanical...
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

HARRY POTTER AU
Summary: everyone is harry potter. fuse is harry potter. I am harry--oh wait no that's wrong crap
Fuse: Knight. Muggle-born. I guess sort of like Harry Potter if he wasn't, you know, voldemort killed his parents, and you know, everything else about harry
Max: Mind. She is kind of Hermione Granger with x1000 sass and sarcasm. Except sometimes she derps and moon moon. Half-blood, family being blood traitors.
Guy: Knight (because fus wud b alon) Muggle-born and greatly confused.
Bloons: Blade. Reminiscent of a less annoying Draco Malfoy. Except nothing like Draco Malfoy. Pure-blood.
Me: Blade really pissed she wasn't a Mind like her sister. Pure-blood. Older sister's a Mind, brother is the most annoying, albeit intelligent, Blades.
Lord Dragon (don't actually call him that okay you can stop now that was a joke): both nobility and the headmaster. He is the best headmaster. Except he doesn't actually do anything he just sits around and chills all day.
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Nothing But [FINISHED]
I, Arthur Andrews, once lived in the 'small, boring town' of 'Mullins, Ohio.' As you can see from the quotation marks, that was a complete lie. Now I can tell you the story of how I discovered that not only was my home a lie, but my whole life was as well--my friends, my family... even me.
Admittedly I haven't got myself figured out yet, but I'll get there.
Arthur: The main character of this tale, he is the narrator. For some reason supernatural beings seem to have an interest in him?...
Guy: Dean McKay, nicknamed 'Guy.' One of Arthur's old friends, he admits to, in fact, being a hunter of the supernatural. And, interestingly enough, that Mullins has some supernatural qualities of 'interest.' But what, exactly, are they?
Bloons: Brad Jones, nicknamed 'Bloons.' Another of Arthur's old friends. Arthur hasn't had reason to suspect him before, but then he goes missing for a few days...
Max: Katherine Maxwell, the last of Arthur's old friends. She is never seen without her necklace--a simple one, black string with a large, white globe attached. It's too large to be a pearl, and it seems to glow. And for some reason she'll always have a jacket or something else around her waist?...
Elder: A new friend of Arthur's, having moved to Ohio from California. She always wears a hood, even though sometimes it seems totally unreasonable. Her connection to Max is apparently through friends and family, but something seems to be up...
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen (arts)
Chapter Fourteen (writing)
Epilogue

Magic AU
The prince of the Xylan empire is Arthur Andrews, who's been sent on a journey to the shrine dedicated to a distant ancestor of the imperial line. However, recently, he had a harrowing encounter with two disgraced nobles, living in solitude and shame after their line being believed to have cause a fire that killed his grandfather. And, in order to repair relations somewhat, it turns out that they are accompanying him on his journey.
Well then.
Fuse: Prince and heir to the throne of the Xylan empire. Descendant of the Master, a hero in olden times who restored Order to the land by taking the Chaos present at the time within himself so that the Arbiter could not again wield it. Legend says Chaos has continued to pass through his bloodline, but it's just a myth, right?
Guy: Dean McKay, a noble. He's not terribly interesting, really, and is somewhat distantly related to Arthur. They're good friends.
Bloons: Brad Jones. He's silent but formidable in a fight given his magic, so Arthur is glad to have him along. Also good friends with Arthur.
Max: Katherine 'Max' Maximer, granddaughter of Pilonea Maximer, one of two now disgraced nobles believed to have caused a terrible fire many years ago. She's a nice girl and overall less bitter about the whole thing than Selderie is; but still, you don't want to mess with her. Even though the two families have been sealed, her magic is a force to be reckoned with.
Elder: Selderie 'Elder' Thastan, granddaughter of Loumer Thastan. Bla bla bla disgraced, bla bla bla fire. When she was younger she learned her lesson about playing with fire and the scars remain to this day. While she is unafraid of utilizing magic, she's never used her left hand for magic since--instead wielding a blade, with which she should not be underestimated.

Xiavengers
On a planet named Earth, in a country called the United States of America, there's a city--a pretty small city, really, nothing special as far as most people are concerned--named Xia. And in that city named Xia are a group of six teenagers that have gained superpowers for unknown reasons. This is all well and good, if a bit curious and slightly concerning, and they have some fun messing around with them. Until other people start getting superpowers, and they're not using them as harmlessly as the teens are.

Meanwhile, two beings from an alien species known as Harmoneans search for what is called a 'Source' in that very same city. The two events probably aren't connected.

...probably.
Fuse: Together with Bloons, he forms the monochrome brooding antihero duo. He's mysteriously been granted the power of super-speed, which, apparently, extends to his mental functions, making him a much better student than he was previously. Unfortunately, it's summer. In any case, being the weeb trash he is, he's chosen to go by the name Hayai. Goddammit, Andy.
Bloons: Granted the power to manipulate both light and darkness, and somehow make them tangible, Bloons forms the other half of the monochrome brooding antihero duo. And his mask has a thing from fucking TWEWY on it, I can't believe these losers. Elder did some Googling and suggested the name Chiaroscuro, but he didn't think it was as cool as she thought it was and picked the moniker of Duality instead.
Elder: Sanguine's the name. Am I bloody, or cheerful, or both? That's up to you! Haha no but seriously though haemokinesis is the absolute worst ability to give someone with depression. Whoever the hell was doling out powers like nobody's business needs to get fucking fired. With Elder, she and Max are the kickass girls who don't take no crap but also don't really want to hurt anyone, sorry! Oh jeez that looks like it hurts oh man I'm seriously really sorry just don't rob banks okay dude? Seriously though why would you ever think that was a good idea, Christ.
Max: Max is now a seriously confirmed psychic. Haemokinesis and telekinesis don't really work together like a dream, but nonetheless she and Elder can do it. Girl power, man! She's chosen the alias of Ultraviolet because even if it has little relevance to her psychic powers it's pretty neat.
Guy: Guy can electrocute people and he did it to Andy by accident. He also calls himself <um idk man> Next.
Dragon: Who's gonna believe you're actually named Dragon when you have fire powers? Seriously.

Investigator Zinvis Zamora Villalobos: A completely ordinary Hispanic woman living in Xyla with her roommate.
Mercenary Brutaer Brooke/Beniko Akiyama: Another completely ordinary Japanese woman living in Xyla with her roommate.
Prologue
Chapter One: Show-and-Tell
Chapter Two: All in the Name of Business

Non-AU LoX Writing
Miles to Go Before I Sleep
at least he left the wine
forget-me-please
heartbreaking oneshots
Always (KAISEEE)

A Challenge and a Masquerade
After the events of xia, everything is settled down. Saivel and Fuse decide to celebrate their wedding with a five day long ball. Saivel proposes a challenge: each of them will wear a different costume each day, and they have to try and find the other. Whoever wins can request one thing of the loser. Fuse agrees.
Prologue
Chapter One: Impossible Red

we may not have it all together, but at least we're together
a group of sad oneshots about the lox crew
Part I: I'll be fine

Reincarnation Non-AU, because if it's canon then i wont be so sad
Kaime-centric; their backstory, their canon story, their between canon story, and their post-canon story.
Part I: Curiosity

Last edited by elder on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:44 am; edited 48 times in total

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by Andrew on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:59 am

Why are long posts from you so quotable

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Lord Fuse wrote:Why are long posts from you so quotable

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : Danger Zone

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:55 pm

i am greatly pleased. muhahaha. i will start work on better now and continue thinking about the harry potter au

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Better

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 am

Better

Prologue

There was a time when humanity reached its limit. Science became progressively more complex, too complex, such that only a select few of the most brilliant minds could struggle their way to new discoveries, new theories. New records stopped being set, athletes trying and failing every day. Humanity could not handle a complete lack of change, even less than it could handle a major change. This was a problem.

So the smartest, the brightest, the best of humanity grouped together and created an Upgrade. The first Upgrade was a simple organic implant. After testing and testing and testing, they confirmed it boosted leg strength, making athletes run faster and jump higher. Next came one for arms, and then they worked with intelligence, the most complex.

These implants, however, still had their limits. Realizing going completely organic was just going to delay the inevitable peak, they extended into the mechanical. They easily overshadowed the organic implants, and soon they became commonplace and used in the military. They kept the organic Upgraded, but didn't have much interest in them.

Then it turned out that, through something they didn't really understand, the organic Upgrades seemed to have affected genes—and, in fact, the second generation seemed to be superior to the first Upgraded generation. Still, it was a slow increase and they couldn't be bothered to wait for another generation superior to the second.

Until people started changing from Upgraded to Better—or, 'properly,' they were called 'Infected'—like a computer infected by a virus, like they had become totally mechanical and it wasn't just the implant. No one used Infected except the people in politics. Everyone knew that, in a way, these people were better.

They called themselves Better, yes, but there was more than that. As you became Better, as the strain from the implant changed your mind, you began to take risks. Well, they seemed like risks, but they never were, and they knew that, somehow. People who were better were… different. Their implants seemed to have a more pronounced effect… or perhaps, they were simply able to utilize them better. The only reason they were considered bad people was that they tried to make other people Better, and being Better meant that you stopped caring about normal people, even about people who were just Upgraded. They were inferior (that was true) and they needed to become like them. Better. Even if it was against their will.

When people first became Better, people weren't quite sure what to do. They reeled in shock. There was no way to combat them—they were more powerful than the best troops they had. Yes, they could be outnumbered, but people Upgraded to an extent where a whole squadron could even hope to combat a handful of Better would only become Better eventually if not killed.

They counted it as fortune that the third generation of the organic Upgraded were about young enough that they could be trained to combat the Better, and old enough that by the time the Better became a significant threat that they would need the children for, it would be okay to send them into battle.

They weren't fortunate enough to gain their parents' consent, but oh well. There had been enough dabbling in the brain and memory that they could probably fix them up (with the exception of names—names were always hard), and Upgraded troops good enough to permanently get rid of the parents. There wasn't really enough genetic diversity for a fourth generation, but the third was all they would need.

Low-level Upgrades did not seem to cause Upgraded to become Better as long as there were less than three Upgrades—and there was a lot of low-level Upgrades, a bit surprisingly. It would only take three of them to make the children skilled enough to combat the Better.

And, of course, the children had to be trained. Another stroke of fortune that they had some skilled, Upgraded troops to act as mentors. Their Upgrades were low-level, or at least not likely to cause them to become Better before the children would be needed.

They raised the children as a sort of 'family.' Yes, each had their different 'parents', but they lived in the same large, spacious house and some shared rooms. A lot of times they would have dinner with multiple families—in fact it was rather rare for a family to be alone.

In total, there were five children. Max, Fuse, Elder, Brad, and Dean. Ah well. Elder wasn't too far from Esther and Fuse… well, after a few tries, they checked it off as a lost cause. No one was quite sure how he got that from 'Arthur Andrews.'

But that didn't matter. They had their children, ready to be trained as weapons against the Better.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:15 am

W-what

Elder wasn't too far from Esther and Fuse… well, after a few tries, they checked it off as a lost cause. No one was quite sure how he got that from 'Arthur Andrews.'

No seriously just w-what.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:35 pm

*shrug*

I was like wait no one would name their kid 'fuse' okay they had to fiddle with their memory name messed up yes that is good good me yes

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Spoiler:
Admittedly I decided to make Fuse not even Fuse's real name because of how weird it is

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:38 pm

After I posted the chapter I realized, this is the future! Who knows what weird names they have then!

nah, screw it. That's still a really weird name.

(and no one would name their kid Elder i mean unless you're really unimaginative and you had twins and one of them came first and you named that one elder??)

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:39 pm

tbh i expected you to comment on the fact they killed their parents

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:40 pm

The confusing bit was higher priority

Even I of all people have priorities

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Magical Girl Xia

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:30 pm

New AU: Magical Girl Xia/Sailor Xia!

(I'm not kidding. <: )

Makusu and Erudu (okay I might be kidding about the names, but it's fun to type them, okay? >.>) were two normal high school girls... until the ancient wizard, Fussu, revealed their roles in an ancient prophesy! The evil demon, Buroonussu, had awoken from his slumber and the two girls were needed to defeat him permanently. Fussu granted Makusu and Erudu magical powers, transforming them into the powerful Mage Heart and Mage Justice.

But Buroonussu had a Mage of his own... the once normal Guy became Mage Demon! Against this powerful foe, would Mage Heart and Mage Justice prevail?...

(Concept definitely not canon design of Mage Justice, it'll probably get changed drastically and was just tablet practice):

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Oh Jezebel Bane...

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 am

so i updated the op

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:24 am

I'M CRYING

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

I've been laughing forever at this.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Chapter 1

"Maaaaaaaax, wake up!" Elder threw pillows onto the floor and jumped onto them from the top bunk bed with a loud thud. Max stirred and grumbled. Figured, Elder had set up pillows to block sound after she complained about… well, the fact that Elder was kind of a noisy person without even talking. "Maaaaaax," she whined again. As the other girl didn't do as she said, Elder picked up one of the pillows from under her feet and lightly hit Max with it. At the end of her patience, she finally smacked her on the face.

Max woke, spluttering and shocked, and sat straight up in her bed. "What the hell, Elder?" she spluttered indignantly. Elder tilted her head at Max.

"Mom told me to wake you up for breakfast. Fuse's mom is making it," she replied, smiling. "Come on. Get up. Get changed. I already did."

"Why do you always whine at me to get up? You're not five years old," Max grumbled, still groggy. She sighed and threw off the blanket, stepping into her warm, fluffy slippers. "I mean, you're sixteen. Why. Just… why."

Elder blew a raspberry at Max in response. Throwing her pillows back up onto the top bunk, she grabbed her hoodie off of the coat hanger and ran off before Max could do anything.

"I've got the organic for that, idiot!" Max called after Elder threateningly. She didn't bother to chase her, because her mouth felt gross and she could do with brushing her teeth and hair. The sixteen-year-old girl sighed and walked to the bathroom grumbling.

*~*~*~*

"I ate the muffins without you," Elder said as Max walked into the kitchen, her mouth still full of them. She grinned at Max and waited for her to respond. Max just stared at her, knowing she was joking. "Okay, fine, here you go," she said, grabbing a chocolate muffin off of the plate she was hiding behind her back and offering it to Max. Max stared. Elder meekly put the plate back on the table.

"Do you guys have to do that every morning?" Fuse said, exasperated.

"Yes," replied Elder flatly, stuffing another muffin in her mouth. "Did you eat a chocolate muffin? You already ate the three that were yours!"

"You ate five and you're eating your sixth," Fuse pointed out.

"Dean told me I could have his!" she replied angrily, glaring at Dean for confirmation. He stared at Max, begging for help, but Max just smiled a little at his obvious discomfort. Reluctantly and slowly, Dean nodded. "See?"

"Well, you better give Dean that scrambled egg you have there, or he'll be hungry until lunch," said Max, sitting down beside Elder and taking a chocolate muffin. Elder laughed and pushed the plate over to Dean, who smiled and ate it thankfully.

"I'm full anyways," she said happily, only to turn to Fuse and scold him with "And that was Max's chocolate muffin!"

"Wh…" Fuse frowned. "Brad hasn't touched his. How can you tell the difference?"

"'Cause I separated them into sections. And you took one from Max's section." Fuse just shook his head and sighed.

"…Max can have one of my muffins," Brad said. Elder stared at him like she'd just been betrayed, but when he was about to say something, changed her face and just smiled. "…and, uh, Dean too, I guess."

"Thanks," Max said, taking a bite out of her muffin. Dean shook his head and said no, eating some more of the egg.

"Oh yeah! So my mom said I could go rock climbing later today! Does anyone else wanna come?" Elder piped up as the people eating grew silent. Finishing his egg, Dean politely said 'no' (to which Elder just grinned).

"Well, I'm kind of in the middle of breakfast here," Max pointed out, picking up another muffin. Elder shrugged.

"I'll wait. Fuse?"

"Are you going to bother me if I say no?" Elder smiled innocently. "…um, maybe."

"No," Brad said bluntly. "Come on, do I really want to spend more than two lessons' time with you?" Elder laughed.

"Well, I—" she was cut off by an announcement over the loudspeaker.

"MAY THE FIRE TRAINEES COME TO THE MAIN OFFICE, PLEASE. REPEAT, FIRE TRAINEES, COME TO THE MAIN OFFICE."

"That's us… I think?" Max said uncertainly. 'Fire trainees?' Elder mouthed disbelievingly.

"Where's the main office?" Fuse asked.

"I know where it is," Max replied. "Come on, let's go."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:28 pm

if anyone is wondering why i named them fire it's because fight fire with fire

it made sense in my head

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:15 pm

The water department should probably stop this building from burning down

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:35 pm

ELD D D D 3R wrote:
Makusu Max: bes assassin evar, 2ninja4you 360noscope mlgpro yoloswag2013

Today I tried to jump over a snowbank with the aid of a telephone pole so I wouldn't get all snowy. I ended up falling into the snowbank and getting even more snow on my pants than I would have if I'd just walked through the snowbank (on my right leg, I got covered in snow all the way up to my knee). I then pranced down the sidewalk because I wanted to run but the sidewalk wasn't shoveled all the way and I didn't want to trip.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:40 pm

clearly that is a very apt description

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by you're not my supervisor on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Yep.

I'm a girl, by the way.
you're not my supervisor
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Incredibly accurate.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm

WELP LOOK AT ME WITH A NEW AU I WANTED TO PUT IT UP ALL AT ONCE BUT I FELT BAD FOR NOT PSdHSHU(

He Lived

Part I

Pause.

Well, here we are. We have our happy ending. The hero and his companions defeat the big bad and restore order to the world. Hooray, hooray. Or I imagine some of you might say that. In my, completely honest opinion, well…

BORING.

So let's mix things up a bit. Rewind. Go past the entire adventure. Go past where every companion is met, where relationships are built… and—oh! here we are at the beginning, where a young man wakes up with new, unexplained, and uncontrolled power. Pause. Perhaps we could change something here? Let's see, how about …no. We need something better. Something major. Something that could change it all.

Let's continue rewinding. See what started this chain of events? This old man, dying. But before that came something he couldn't stop. That was the murder of his eldest son by his youngest son. Of course, it was never definite—never something clear cut. Everyone knew, though. They just… knew.

So let's change that. Pause. Valon was never tempted by Chaos, and as such he never disposed of his older brother. Instead of Valion's death paving the way for a long trial that would end with a nice, happy ending… something else happened. Something that changed everything.

He lived.

Now, with the tensions between Xyla and the Chaos Lord reaching an all-time high, Valion did what he thought was extremely reasonable, but was honestly only going to end the way it did. He entered into negotiations with the island. Or kingdom. Kingdom sounds more respectable, I suppose. At this point, though, is respect even a thing to be cared about?

In any case, he met with the king, accompanied by his general Arthur. The heir was of course not present; if worst came to worst, then it was honestly just a better idea to bring the general along. Valion did not come unaccompanied either, his daughter Saivel reluctantly following along.

At their first meeting, while the king and Valion got along as diplomats do, well, for Saivel and Arthur… suffice it to say it wasn't exactly love at first sight.

That, however, changed over the next few meetings. In fact it was completely—oh wait, I'm rushing this, aren't I? Hmm. Alright then. Let's go more in depth. Here we go, then. Prepare yourself for the first meeting.

*~*~*~*

A tall, black-haired man with a long purple cloak, a black shirt and pants, and matching purple armor landed safely by the gates of the castle, moving his dragon-head helm upwards to let him see clearly. His purple eyes darted here and there, faintly glowing bat wings gently flexing. Reluctantly, a young black-haired woman with white feathered wings landed beside him, her matching purple eyes staring into his, her face annoyed, golden amethyst earrings and a matching necklace adorning her ears and neck. Smiling a little, the man dusted off her purple dress and adjusted her black sleeves in a fatherly way.

The cobble-paved streets were empty except for the two of them. The woman, Saivel sighed. "Did we really have to fly all the way here?" she grumbled. Her father Valion replied calmly with "Yes," his bat wings disappearing into purple sparks. Looking around, he walked up to the gates, where two guards regarded him solemnly.

"I do believe I have an audience," he said. One of them rolled his eyes, then turned to the gate, which opened for them. "Thank you," Valion said in a threateningly polite manner, briskly walking through. Saivel sped up a little to catch up with him.

"Sooo… what exactly are we discussing and why do I need to be present for it?" Saivel muttered, taking in the castle. It was a grand affair; made mostly of a dull white stone, embellished with Orderstone, gold, and other assorted gems, intricate carvings decorating its walls. Many guards armored in the island's famed Orderstone stood around the castle, resolute and solemn, though a few of them only barely showed disrespect to her father.

"We're discussing a… treaty of sorts, I suppose." Valion adjusted his purple cloak, which was trailing on the ground, leaving strange purple sparks. "You're here because the king's general will be here. The general is there as a… a sort of bodyguard, you are here as a… sort of bodyguard."

"That sounds like a perfectly sensible idea," Saivel said as a guard allowed them through the massive oaken doors leading into the castle. "Bring your daughter along as a guard! I'm sure nothing bad could come of that."

"Your mother is… awfully busy, and I can't bring your sister along. That's a worse idea." Valion couldn't help but smile a bit at his daughter.

"So you acknowledge the fact that this was a bad idea!" Saivel exclaimed triumphantly. Another guard was leading them up the stairwell, though neither of them was paying much attention.

"No, I'm just saying bringing your sister along would be a worse idea," Valion retorted, smiling slightly.

"That implies bringing me along was a bad idea!" Saivel snapped, hands on her hips and full sass mode activated. Her father laughed.

"Okay, okay, you win. You don't need to come along next time if you don't want to. But I'd hate being alone," he added, gently nudging his daughter.

"Pfft." She stuck her tongue out at him. "Fine then. I will come along next time, if there even is one."

Valion's smile disappeared. "There will be," he stated firmly. The guard paused in front of a large, impressive door and opened it, beckoning Valion and Saivel to step inside. Nodding graciously to the guard, Valion went in, Saivel following after him.

The king was sitting at the table, looking none too happy. Saivel resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him, deciding it would be childish and not end well for her father. She found the urge harder to resist when she saw the general, his armor full Orderstone and his helmet held under the crook of his arm.

The room, in all honesty, was rather nice-looking. There was an oaken table in the middle of the room, at the head of which the king, dressed in fancy royal-looking armor (though it did not appear to be Orderstone) and a dark blue cloak, was sitting. His chair was more like a mildly less fancy throne, barely classifiable as a common chair. The general sat to his right, and Saivel supposed she and her father were to sit on his left. Well, too bad. There were a few other chairs scattered around the room. Picking up one with ease, much to everyone's confusion, she plopped it down a few feet away from the general.

Her father sighed and shook his head, removing his helm and holding it under the crook of his arm as well before seating himself. The general (Saivel could've sworn her father had told her his name) turned to look at Saivel none to approvingly. She rolled her eyes and smiled in return.

Oh shoot. The king and her father were talking. Better tune in. Saivel leaned forward in her seat, actually mildly interested. The general had turned back to face the king already.

"As you know, we haven't been on friendly terms before… but may I say that your attitude seems none too reciprocal of this olive branch I'm extending," Valion began.

"How so?" the general calmly replied in place of the king. Valion turned to face him.

"You could've been so kind as to not dress in full Orderstone, as if you view me as a threat. I would tell you I have no weapons, were that not technically untrue." Valion gave him a charming smile, neither the general nor king following his example.

"Given the fact you are essentially dressed in the same, I see no reason that I should change my manner of dress," the general replied smartly.

"Well, General Arthur Belnz, take a look at this." Valion placed his helmet on the table. "If you were to investigate it, it would appear to be, quite simply, a purple, but otherwise completely normal, piece of armor."

Oooh. Arthur Belnz was his name. Gotcha. Saivel watched the general hesitantly extend a hand towards the helmet with interest. Arthur picked it up with his right hand and stared at it intently, the helmet briefly glowing blue.

"It would appear you are telling the truth," the king noted, sounding a bit impressed. "I suppose it would be only polite if my general were to do the same."

"Your Majesty, if I may—" The king cut Arthur off with a simple motion of his hand.

"In any case, my armor is not made of Orderstone. In fact it's mostly for appearances, and would likely not protect me much from any attacks." Arthur frowned at this. "Yes, yes, Arthur. Security. Other trivial concerns. Please, leave the room and change out of that armor. It is only polite."

Arthur sighed and placed the helmet back on the table. "As you wish, Your Majesty." He pushed out his chair and stood up, Saivel smirking a little. His face solemn, Arthur left the room, letting the door close softly behind him. After turning to look at him, both the king and Valion turned back to each other.

"In any case, I suppose we should stop with trivialities and get down to our real business here. Lay down some terms for us to work off of." The king sat back in his chair, crossing his arms across his chest.

Valion picked his helmet back up and put it firmly into position on his head. "I believe all I can think of is something as simple as 'I don't mess with you, you don't mess with me,' but I doubt that'll work. I'm not exactly the most trusted individual. So I suppose you might have some say in my decisions, while keeping your general from murdering me?"

"Now, Arthur may be… less than trusting, but he would hardly kill you in cold blood. Still, that sounds like a reasonable starting point. We can go from there." Valion and the king debated politely over the subject for a few minutes. Saivel began to zone out. There really was no reason for her father to bring her along except that he would be lonely, was there?

Saivel was startled by Arthur coming back into the room, wearing a chain-mail shirt, steel pauldrons, and otherwise normal steel plate armor. A different helmet was held under the crook of his arm. Now Saivel could see he was wearing a coarse, dark blue shirt. If she was honest, he looked nicer than before, which she communicated to her father through a series of eye and eyebrow movements. He laughed a little and responded with a simple sigh.

"Ah, Arthur. Thank you for joining us again. And, uh, Miss Athess… will you be remaining over there the whole time?" The king smiled at Saivel kindly, catching her off guard. Her smile in reply was sheepish.

"Um, uh… no?" Saivel awkwardly stood up from her chair and moved to the chair next to her father.

"Nice to know you will be participating in this discussion, Miss Athess." She was going to have to participate? Groan. "In any case, what were we talking about last?"

"I believe about the whole say in my decisions, wasn't it?" Someone said something after that.

Arthur spoke up. "Well…" Ugh, this was going to take so long… she stared with dead eyes in Arthur's general direction. "…in any case, I believe we should at least be able to decide where you go, including Xyla."

"Well, then what about me?" Saivel asked, not entirely sure why. "I mean it's kinda interesting to watch some of the matches sometimes, would I have to ask for permission for that too?" she added hastily, almost as if she needed to explain her question.

"Fair point. You are going to inherit the title, after all." Arthur nodded and paused for a moment, allowing the king to speak.

"Valion's attendance would need to be worked out, because he obviously does not have the most…" The king paused. "People would not react quite kindly if he was in the crowd. But I doubt anyone would recognize his daughter."

"Still… se—" Arthur began to point out.

"Security? Would Saivel need two fully-armored guards on her at all times?" Valion asked incredulously. "Certainly that would tell people something was off. At the very least something more discreet. A guide; a chaperone of sorts."

"Yeah, I'd be okay with that," Saivel said.

"Well then if she wishes to come to the island, I will be her guide." Saivel resisted the urge to make a face. Lame. She had to be watched over by that guy?

"In any case, Miss Athess brought up an interesting point… concerning your family, Valion."

"Ooh yes, family." Valion sighed. "My wife will be of no threat to you, though I doubt you needed any assurance about that. My brother and my daughters, those would be who you worry about, right?"

"Well, yes."

To sum up the whole meeting, which honestly dragged on for quite a while and was mildly interesting but otherwise fairly boring… no decisions were really made, aside from that Valion's family would have to be accompanied by a chaperone. Seraphime would be an acceptable one, though otherwise Arthur would have to suffice (a fact Saivel remained annoyed about.)

As they came home, Valion honestly supporting Saivel a lot because she was tired,  Valion asked a question. "So are you sure about coming to the next meeting?"

Saivel sighed. "I promised, so I guess I might as well."

"That's my girl." Valion smiled as they landed by Saivel's home. "Anyway, I'm going home now. I'll see you in a few days."

"Sure." Saivel smiled wearily and fluttered up through the branches of the high, high tree until she reached the platform she'd made across a particularly expansive span of branches. Landing on the porch, she walked inside and wondered if she was going to bother to change and clean up before going to sleep. "Eh, whatever," she muttered, taking off her shoes and flopping onto the bed.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 pm

PART OCTAGON

OCTAGON OCTAGON COATOGO CTAGNO COATGA ON OCATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON OCOTGAON GCOOTOAGON OCTOGO N OOTCGON OOCTGOAONN COTAGON COGACOCTAON OGCTAO COATNO OCTAGON COATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON COATOGO CTAGNO COATGA ON OCATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON OCOTGAON GCOOTOAGON OCTOGO N OOTCGON OOCTGOAONN COTAGON COGACOCTAON OGCTAO COATNO OCTAGON COATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON COATOGO CTAGNO COATGA ON OCATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON OCOTGAON GCOOTOAGON OCTOGO N OOTCGON OOCTGOAONN COTAGON COGACOCTAON OGCTAO COATNO OCTAGON COATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON COATOGO CTAGNO COATGA ON OCATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON OCOTGAON GCOOTOAGON OCTOGO N OOTCGON OOCTGOAONN COTAGON COGACOCTAON OGCTAO COATNO OCTAGON COATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON COATOGO CTAGNO COATGA ON OCATGON OCTAGON OCTAGON OCOTGAON GCOOTOAGON OCTOGO N OOTCGON OOCTGOAONN COTAGON COGACOCTAON OGCTAO COATNO OCTAGON COATGON

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum