Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 7 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by Andrew on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:34 am

DANGIT ELDER

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:36 am

<:

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:50 pm

I should draw a fanart of myself. Er, the me in the story.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:47 am

Chapter Eleven

The rest of the day slipped by like a waking dream. I only recollect a few points from the evening; one, that I was largely confused by Elder's antics. Two, that Elder was being annoying and annoyingly mysterious. Three, Bloons was being awkward. Four, there was more fish for dinner. Why. How much fish can you even consume in one day? Was this even healthy? There was no way all the food groups had been included. It was literally entirely fish.

Somehow I wasn't sick of it, probably through more weird magic. I sat on my bed, not exactly tired but without anything to do and sighed. How could so much have happened in literally one day? I chuckled a little to myself, looking up at the ceiling, when suddenly I felt a chill. Hesitantly I looked down from the ceiling and saw a woman standing in front of me.

Her hair was black, but without any shine, like it was a shadow in itself and her eyes gold; but eerie, unnatural. I couldn't realize why for a few moments until I realized that she had no pupils. Her features were angular, her fingers more like claws, loosely grasping a shining golden apple. A black dress draped over her body, a million layers of cloth that brushed against the floor as she moved.

"Get out," I said suddenly and forcefully, then blinked. Where had that come from? She sighed and studied her reflection in the apple's surface.

"That's quite a rude way to address your mother." I rolled my eyes. 'Mother.' She smirked without looking up. "Ruder to address your creator," she said with a certain level of scorn. "Mother is a bit more personal, hmm?" she drawled.

"Did I stutter?" I retorted quickly, pointing towards the door. "Get out."

"You're not the slightest bit curious how I got in in the first place? That's disappointing. I was sure I'd included that somewhere." She clucked her tongue but didn't move at all.

I glowered at her and stood up in front of her as close as I dared to get, still pointing at the door. "I said, get out."

She looked up at me now and smiled. "I already am," she quipped, then threw the apple up in the air, exclaiming "Catch!"

I fumbled and reached for it mostly by instinct, managing to catch it in one hand. I looked at Eris dubiously. "You're not here? Right."

"Honestly I'm here in your head, but that sounds a bit creepy, doesn't it?" She flashed me a smile, but it felt like a lie more than anything and I grew more fed up with her. "They can keep me out, but I'm already in, so what's the point?"

"You can't get in physically. Your power can get in. That's the point," I said, more to reassure myself than anything. She couldn't potentially do anything through me, right? That couldn't work. I was in a magic house, for goodness' sake.

"You're in," she said smartly, and I wasn't sure how to respond.

"You can't do anything through me," I hissed in reply.

"You can do everything by yourself," she said dismissively. "In any case, keep the apple! Gift from me to you, I suppose."

I blinked and remembered it was in my hand. For some reason, I didn't throw it away, though the thought crossed my mind. "What do you want?" I asked, sitting back down on the bed and placing the apple beside me. Eris calmly leaned against the wall and placed her hands over each other.

"What, I can't catch up with my ch—"

"Okay you can stop right there, I'm not listening anymore." I had just turned away from Eris when I heard her speak again.

"Subtract by two."

I froze and began to turn back. "How?..."

She rolled her eyes. "Wow, how did you turn out to be such an idiot? How do you think? I told you I'm here in your head. Ugh. In any case, I'm a bit surprised that stupid fox managed to catch on to my little plan. Ah, no matter. I'll have everything I want in a few days."

"You know that they're… You know everything?"

Eris smiled smugly. "There's a meeting tomorrow! Of course I know that. Can't bring everyone all at once though, but it can only be, what, three days before my plan works out at most?" She shrugged. "Probably sooner; maybe it'll all be done in two!"

I considered saying 'I'm not going to help you' but realized she would probably have some smart retort in store for me. Instead I pointed at the mostly empty canvas. "What's that there for? Did you put that there?"

"Hmm?" Eris followed my gesture and looked at the canvas with little interest. "Oh, that? Hmm, they really are foolish if you managed to get two in one day. And now they call a meeting! As if they're not aware that's what's going to bring them all down!" She grinned and clapped, laughing crazily. "Those foxes though," she said, the smile disappearing from her face, "I'm going to have to do something about them. They already knew about you, can't have them ruining my surprise too quickly, hmm?"

I stood back up. "If you think that—"

She smiled. "Go to sleep," she said softly, and then she disappeared.

I'm not sure why, but I did.

*~*~*~*

I had weird dreams.

I couldn't quite remember them when I woke up, but I was a bit relieved that I didn't do the sight thing again. All I could recall from my dreams were… magic? I think it was magic. I chuckled as I realized that that was at least partially true, then noticed the apple Eris had given me on its side, almost covered under the blanket. I picked it up and had half a mind to throw it away, but decided that maybe I should study it and it would give me a better idea of what was going on.

Eris might have a plan, but I was not going to go along with it. I tossed the apple in the air and caught it, then set it down on my desk beneath the canvas before heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After I'd finished cleaning up, I decided to go downstairs and maybe see if there was breakfast downstairs. It was around seven fifty, so I figured it was fairly reasonable. As soon as I opened my door, whoever, I found Bloons in my face.

"Oh! Sorry," he said quickly. I jumped a little but quickly recovered. "You're not supposed to come downstairs right now."

"What? Why?" I frowned, scanning Bloons' face to see if there was an answer there. He looked as confused as I felt.

"Everyone else is basically yelling their heads off. I'd headed down to get breakfast but Elder and Max both told me to just come back up and tell you not to come down for breakfast."

"I don't get to eat anything?" I sighed. "What was even for breakfast?"

"No clue," Bloons replied with a shrug. "I didn't have any time to see."

"Welp," I muttered, looking down at my feet. "How likely do you think it is that Elder will kill me if I head down?"

"I don't think she'd be able to kill you, but she'd certainly try," Bloons offered helpfully. "I'm not entirely sure what was happening other than it pissed off the others."

"Best for us not to get involved then, huh?" I smiled and rubbed the back of my head. "Kinda wish I didn't have to go without breakfast though…"

Bloons shrugged and headed into his room. I sighed and headed back, discovering that my computer had turned itself on of its own accord. And it was making that stupid beeping noise. Who thought it was a good idea for that to be the notification sound?

Grumbling, I sat down and discovered it was none other than Dragon sending me a message. What? Wait, hadn't he been mentioned? Didn't Max say I'd be meeting him and Terra?

7:52 AM – Hephaestus (Lord Dragon) joined the chat
7:52 AM – Lord Dragon: Hey, Fuse.
7:52 AM – politicalcorruption (Fuse) joined the chat
7:52 AM – Fuse: what
7:52 AM – Fuse: I don't understand
7:52 AM – Fuse: You're Hephastus
7:52 AM – Fuse: Hephaestus*
7:52 AM – Fuse: Why is your name so hard to spell?
7:52 AM – Lord Dragon: Pfft
7:52 AM – Lord Dragon: Well, you can still call me Dragon if that's easier
7:52 AM – Fuse: Yeah, it is
7:52 AM – Fuse: Anyway
7:53 AM – Fuse: What's up?
7:53 AM – Lord Dragon: Well, because apparently people are banned from going downstairs to get breakfast, I'm apparently supposed to be in charge of breakfast instead
7:53 AM – Lord Dragon: I'm also telling Bloons right now, he should know where my room is.
7:53 AM – Lord Dragon: Riku's here as well
7:53 AM – Lord Dragon: You can finally figure out that in fact, all of your friends are super-powerful mythological beings
7:53 AM – Fuse: Except Guy
7:53 AM – Fuse: He's Aquaman
7:53 AM – Lord Dragon: Pfft
7:53 AM – Fuse: Anyway, I guess I'm going to be heading upstairs so
7:53 AM – Fuse: Cya
7:53 AM – politicalcorruption (Fuse) left the chat

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:07 am

Chapter Seven

Their mad dash to the entrance was interrupted by someone calling "New students, follow me!" Esther stopped abruptly and groaned. Max caught up with her and stopped. They looked at each other as if deciding whether or not to do as the voice said. With a shrug, they just dashed off again while Arthur stared at them blankly.

He and the other boy slowed down to a leisurely pace as they continued to walk up the hill, past the stone bridge over the river and to the line of trees next to the entrance. Arthur looked at the boy curiously.

"What's your name?" he asked finally. The boy seemed mildly surprised, even jumped a little, but he smiled nervously and responded.

"Oh! Uh, Dean McKay."

"Arthur Andrews," Arthur replied. "So you're new too, huh?"

"Oh, yeah." Dean scratched the back of his head. "This guy just showed up at my door with a letter telling me that I was a wizard and magical and things. Then I came to California from across the country."

"You don't know anyone else who's all…" Arthur waved his hands, and somehow got his point across.

"No! I had no idea magic existed at all." Dean smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

"Me neither." Arthur and Dean both laughed.

"So you know those two girls?" Dean asked, pointing to the two shapes in the distance which Arthur could barely make out to be Max and Esther.

"Not very well," Arthur admitted. "I mean, we just sat on the train together. We've spent, what, an hour or so with each other? You don't become friends just like that."

"Yeah, I guess so," Dean replied. The voice yelled again. "New students, come follow me!"

"We should probably…" Arthur gestured towards where the voice had come from. Dean nodded and they began running towards the voice's origin.

As it turned out, it happened to be a man, presumably a teacher. His hair was dirty blond and his eyes blue, and he seemed stressed, watching complete chaos unfold before him. Boys were dashing everywhere and girls were standing around and chatting. There were probably many more children he hadn't managed to find yet.

He looked up and saw Dean and Arthur, seeming a bit relieved, at least until he took a second look at Arthur. Arthur saw him mutter something and frowned a little bit, but continued walking towards the man.

"Hello," he said, still looking fairly distressed, one hand on his head making his hair stand up erratically. "I'm Professor Scorp, teach Charms here at Blue Celadon… I'm supposed to be rounding up the new students, but…" He gestured sheepishly at the chaos surrounding him. "…yeah… Anyway, we'd better be heading off now. Follow me!" he bellowed again, managing to attract some attention. A bit begrudgingly, most of the children nearby began to walk towards him while others didn't seem to mind at all.

"Did I stutter?" Professor Scorp said in a considerably more threatening tone. Immediately the remaining children stood up and walked over, brushing grass off of their pants awkwardly and acting as if nothing had happened. The professor sighed, smiled a warm smile and began walking at a leisurely pace towards the entrance of the school, closely followed by a pack of young students.

Arthur could already see that Esther and Max were gone, presumably already inside. He followed the professor as they came closer to the entrance. A black, iron fence surrounded the school, opening at a gate here. The door to the school was made out of wood, that he could tell, but the walls of the school were not uncommon brick. They entered the building and the professor stopped, allowing the students to take a look around.

"This is the great hall," he said quite simply, smiling a little to himself as the students took awed looks around. The floor was marble, speckled and streaked with color, the walls white and adorned with assorted tapestries and paintings as well as lights. The ceiling stretched upwards for what seemed like forever with the dark wooden beams polished and gleaming with the light from the chandeliers dangling downwards. In the middle of the room were assorted tables, made from wood. Their edges were uneven and looked burned, blackened even like charcoal, with bench seats already filled by older-looking students. However everything was polished and clean, a bit too clean in fact, making Arthur feel a little out-of-place and uncomfortable.

"Well that's enough gawking, come on, we've got to get you sorted into your houses," Professor Scorp said, gently pushing the nearest children along. It was now that Arthur saw the little vase made out of celadon. As they drew closer to it he could hear a sort of humming noise, soft and melodic and quite pleasant, really. It sounded like a lullaby more than anything.

"And here's the headmaster!" Professor Scorp exclaimed, pointing towards the very end of the hall, where Lord Dragon stood in front of a podium, no microphone present in front of him. Arthur looked oddly at the sight; there was no way he could expect everyone to hear him! But when Dragon spoke, it was loud and clear.

"Hello!" he boomed out. "It's my pleasure to welcome all of you students to—or back to—the new year at Blue Celadon School of the Magical Arts! I have a few announcements to make. First off, since it appears I haven't stressed this enough already, you're not allowed to go into the section of the library labeled 'the Triad.' I've said that at least a hundred times, I swear. Additionally!" he exclaimed, taking a look around the room as people had begun to talk. "A few students have come from our sister school, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and will be staying with us for the first semester. Do welcome them to our school and I expect no trouble being made. No, seriously, don't make trouble. The mess last year took us two weeks to clean up." Dragon cleared his throat and continued.

"And now we've got the thing where the vase decides which House you're in. For the last time, being a Blade is not terrible, okay? Neither is being a Shield, or a Knight, or a Mind. Everyone is a different person and you should not judge someone simply by what House they're in. Maybe, just maybe, you could've seven years ago. But not today." Dragon then left the podium, leaving Arthur a bit bemused.

"What now?" he heard Dean ask him. He shrugged and heard Dragon's voice again.

"Alright, we're going in alphabetical order. So first up… Arthur Andrews!"

you get no bonus points for guessing which house equals which but feel free i mean it's pretty obvious and i was just feeling kind of lazy with the names sooooo

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:51 am

Yes, the houses are obvious.

And since you're including, like, EVERYONE in the magical creature AU with the Greek gods and stuff, I have a guess as to what "minus two" means.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:37 am

Chapter Eight

Esther looked up as soon as she heard the headmaster announcing the new students would now get to know what House they were in. "Better leave now," her sister told her, neatening her hair before nudging her. Esther nodded quickly and hurried over to the mass of new students. Max followed her after a few moments and they both mingled in with the mass, unable to locate Arthur. "Can you see him?" she whispered to her companion. "Do you have enough space?" she added as an afterthought.

He chuckled a little bit, being taller than everyone around him. "No one else would be aware if I was touching them," he replied smartly, flexing his green wings. "He's walking up, his name's first on the list. His initials are both A, it's hardly a surprise."

"Would that kid be aware?" Esther asked absentmindedly, standing on her tiptoes to try to see her new friend.

"No, Darkblithe's not strong enough at the moment to sense me, so the kid wouldn't be able to either. Still, it was a close call." The man sighed and eyed the chain around Esther's neck. "He knows you've got his feather."

"What's the worst that could happen, Chrono? It protects me, right?" She fingered the chain nervously.

"It gives you power, it's an entirely different thing than protection. Sometimes it's the exact opposite. Now he's in front of the vase," Chrono added hastily, updating Esther on the situation.

"Could you pause everything and let me go look?"

"No. That's a waste of energy." Chrono huffed and crossed his arms. "I only do it to teach you magic. Still, only Darkblithe could teach you how to use the power of his feather."

"Why can't he? We've found him, haven't we?" Esther turned to Chrono, apparently losing her interest in Arthur.

"We can't trust him. He upset the natural balance of things and now Aqn's got two successors, for Merlin's sake."

"Huh?" Esther frowned. "You didn't tell me about that."

"Funnily enough," Chrono said, looking down at Esther, "everyone in that car was a successor. There are four, which obviously isn't supposed to happen. We're all supposed to go out at the same time but Aqn got defeated first—"

"So when you two got defeated, there was a new successor for him? Everyone's the same age, though…" Esther frowned again. Chrono gave her a skeptical look and Esther blinked, realization dawning upon her. "Oh, yeah. 'Balance has to make its way, time is something, blah blah blah.'" She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"If you keep on interrogating me, you'll miss his House being called," Chrono reminded Esther. Esther nodded and refocused her attention on Arthur.

A bit hesitantly, he dipped his hand into the water-filled vase, then gasped and drew back slightly. There were a few still moments as he stood there. "Come on, what's his House?" Elder complained softly.

"Be patient," Chrono chided her. She rolled her eyes again.

*~*~*~*

As Arthur gazed into the vase, he heard a gentle voice speaking to him. It was comforting and quite soothing, really. Hmm. Let's see here, it said, seeming thoughtful. You definitely remind me of him… Shield or Knight? What do you think?

What does it mean? he asked in reply, hearing a chuckle in return. Well, Knight sounds cooler, I guess.

I agree, the voice said. I think you'd be a Knight. Heroic, saving damsels in distress… The voice chuckled again, then exclaimed Look up! Arthur blinked and looked above him, seeing a symbol rotating above his head; a sword and shield crossed over each other faintly outlined in gold shimmers. He removed his hand from the vase and stood for a moment, perplexed, before realizing that he should probably go sit at the table directly next to the very same symbol he'd seen on his head. Oh.

He dashed over and took a seat, where some students smiled and greeted him warmly, then looked back at the vase again. Someone he didn't recognize was in front, dipping their hand in. A red dagger hovered over their head. So on and so forth it went until Esther came forward, seeming a little nervous and glancing at the table under the red dagger symbol. As she dipped her hand in the vase, she seemed more than slightly nervous and closed her eyes.

*~*~*~*

Before the vase could even begin, Esther thought as sharply as she could, If you make me a Blade I will smash you against the floor, okay vase?

That's exactly what a Blade would say, the vase retorted.

Screw you. Esther pouted. No, but seriously. I'm totally a Mind. Like my sister. Everyone says we're really alike.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain you're a Blade, the vase taunted.

Did I not make my point clear enough? Esther gritted her teeth.

Well, look up. Taking a few moments to calm herself, Esther opened her eyes and looked up, with horror noting the red dagger floating above her head.

Screw you, she thought to the vase again before removing her hand and storming to the table.

"Look at it this way," Chrono reminded her in an attempt at comfort. "You only have to sit at your House's table the first day."

"I'm going to be spending all my time in the Master Common Room," Esther hissed vehemently in return.

*~*~*~*

A while after Esther had rather… unhappily been told her House, Max made her way up to the vase, giddy with excitement. Ah, this was going to be cool. Maybe she'd be a Knight like Arthur was. Hmm, a Mind, perhaps. She'd always thought she'd be a Mind. Closing her eyes, she dipped her hand into the vase.

Huh? it sounded shocked at first. Okay, that's weird. You… hmm. No, you're not quite the same… I think you're closer. Still, you're a Mind for sure. Pretty easy, to be honest. Next!

Max resisted the urge to pump the air as she hurried over to the Mind table. "Being a Mind is great, right?" she asked no one in particular as quietly as she could. She felt the warm presence like she usually did, like a comforting hand on her shoulder, and smiled.

Every House is great, the presence said before disappearing again. Must've been particularly glad on this occasion; it rarely spoke to Max.

Well, clearly being a Mind was the best of them all, Max thought to herself as she found a seat at the table.

*~*~*~*

Brad already knew what was going to happen, looking above him as he dipped his hand into the water. Blade, the vase said, sounding bored. Hmm—Shie—no, Blade, Blade definitely. You remind me of him, you know. Darkblithe.

He shuddered a little bit at how nonchalantly the vase said his name. How so?

Just the sense I get. You know, how I put you into Houses. He was a Blade at first thought too. Well. Head off to your table, kiddo. Brad nodded very slightly and walked quickly over to the table, still clutching Darkblithe's birdcage by his side. He'd refused to let go, and apparently it was believable enough that he'd been allowed to continue to carry the bird.

"It knew?" Brad asked Darkblithe. He received no response for a few moments.

"It was too close," Darkblithe replied. "Funnily enough, I don't have enough power to hide myself completely." He chuckled a little before quieting down.

*~*~*~*

Knight.

The symbol showed almost as soon as Dean had put his hand into the water. He gulped and asked, What?

What I said. Knight. You're a Knight. First I thought Shield, but no, Knight. I think. You know you can get a change later on in the year. But uh, Knight for now? The vase sounded a lot less certain than it had at first.

Well, at least I guess I'll be able to sit next to Arthur, Dean replied before removing his hand and speed walking to the table, managing to squeeze beside Arthur, who smiled and congratulated him.

*~*~*~*

Arthur continued talking to Dean for a while more until he heard Dragon's voice booming, "and that concludes the House assignment. Just a reminder that later on in the year, you can potentially get your House changed. However, there is no reason to do so if you are not in the same House as one of your friends. We have the Master Common Room where you can study and socialize with anyone from any House. You've still got to sleep with your own House, though." He coughed.

"And, here are your schedules. You're not being taught for this week so you can settle in, but you should probably learn the locations of your classrooms anyway." Picking up a stack of paper, Dragon threw them into the air and they suddenly flew all throughout the room, leaving red trails behind them. He smiled a bit to himself as they landed on the tables rather neatly.

He seemed ready to leave until he paused. "Wait… oh. Right! Food!" He clapped his hands and then rushed away. Arthur blinked as he disappeared from sight, then jumped a little as he realized that there were massive amounts of food all around him.

He looked disbelievingly at Dean, who looked disbelievingly back. "What?" he asked as if Dean would have an answer. In response, his friend just shrugged.

"No clue."

Arthur blinked again and decided that there was food, so he'd better eat it. With a smile, he dug in.

obviously knight is gryffindor, shield is hufflepuff (no one in there for now...), blade is slytherin, mind is ravenclaw

also like teensy bits of backstory, heeeey

Last edited by My name is Death on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:39 am

i think i'll probably be catching up with myth au in chapter count and then maybe updating both at the same time/switching off depends

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Cool.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Phantom Patriot on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Just for future reference, Qan and Naq are dead names. Their new names are Darkblithe and Chrono, respectively.

Neo Phantom Patriot
The One True Hero
The One True Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 pm

Welp i'll go and fix that

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 am

i'm sorry what was that? too few aus? too many aus? ahahaha what a er you talking about clearly there are too few. i mean it's not like i already have to w to gjuggled around o r anything

anyway this is just a random drabble and stuff 'cause i'm bored sooooo i'm probably gonna do more but

He takes a deep breath of the fresh air and smiles. It's tinged with the scent of the flowers that are blossoming all around the castle and is refreshing compared to the stagnancy of the air inside. He'd forgotten what it was like, almost; what with his parents being so paranoid and all. It's been ages since he was last outside.

"Your Imperial Highness," his guard says in a respectful tone. "If I may respectfully suggest..."

"No, you may not," he cuts in abruptly. "It's a fine day, isn't it? We should go out, explore the town a little bit." When his guard pauses, the prince gives him the most charming smile he can muster. The guard sighs.

"As you wish, Your Imperial Highness. But I will be required to escort you." The guard bows deferentially and places his hand on the sword by his side. The prince smiles once more at the guard before briskly walking to the gate.

The gatekeeper peeks out at him then squints suspiciously. "Would you be so kind as to allow us through?" The prince smiles again, hoping to the Elements it'll work. It does, rather surprisingly, as the gatekeeper grumbles and moves out of sight. Within a few seconds the gates open.

There are, as is usual, people walking about outside on the streets, dressed in all of their finery. As the prince strolls languidly along, they freeze and stare. The guard sighs, again.

"Your Imperial Highness..." he begins, but doesn't finish, as the prince's attention is diverted and he dashes somewhere else.

The boy practically sprints through the streets, laughing as he goes through the most winding path in an attempt to throw his guard off his trail. People stop and stare. He just grins madly at them and continues merrily on his way. Finally, breathless and confident he's lost his guard, he slows and heads towards the outskirts of the city. It occurs to him he might be lost, but it won't take that long for his guard to find him and take him back.

The city is bigger than he thought. He ran for a good few minutes and the area is still cluttered with buildings. Then he sees one unique building standing out from the others, a mansion to be honest. Still, it looks foreboding, not extravagant.

The area around it is empty, save for a fountain burbling nearby. His curiosity piqued, the prince steps nervously towards the building.

He is rather rudely tackled and falls over, though someone is firmly gripping his arm. It's a black-haired girl, who couldn't be any older than him, sixteen or so. She stares at him with... no, she's not angry. Her brown eyes are filled with fear more than anything. Next to her stands a brown-haired, grey-eyed girl who looks about the same age. Both of them are not wearing dresses, but their clothes still indicate wealth. Certainly not the type to tackle princes when they're wandering around the capital.

"Oh," says the black-haired girl, and she lets go of him just like that, allowing him to fall to the ground as she stands up. "Your Imperial Highness." But she says the title with more disdain than anything, something the prince has never heard before.

"Terribly sorry," says the brown-haired girl, offering a hand to help the prince up. He accepts it and dusts himself off.

"No, no--I'm sorry," the prince replies. "I, uh... oh." He realizes what the mansion is all of a sudden and begins to pray to the Elements in his head. "Oh, oh no. I really shouldn't be here." He looks at the girls in front of him and blinks, then pieces it together. Prayers aren't going to save him now. He stumbles backwards and struggles to remember all the lessons he had been taught. Maybe running away from his guard wasn't such a great idea.

While the brown-haired girl sighs, the black-haired girl narrows her eyes. "What, can't stand the presence of the ones your family disgraced? Overcome with guilt, maybe?"

"Elder," mutters the brown-haired girl. "This is not the time to get offended."

"Katherine," says the black-haired girl in reply. She clenches her fist and oh elements there's fire.

"Selderie," says the brown-haired girl without blinking. Her tone shifts from soft to the same scornful one of the black-haired girl. "What, do you think this'll make it bet--"

She's interrupted as the prince finally remembers his training and a bolt of magic heads for them. It scrapes by their arms--his aim has always been shaky--and blood. Blood. He is so screwed he is so screwed. He falls, but then scrambles back onto his feet and runs.

He meets his guard after running for another minute. He receives a lecture but is mostly grateful that he managed to get away with his life. His father lectures him again when he's back. After it's all over he asks if he's got a question.

"One," the prince admits, then swallows. "Why did we disgrace them?"

There is a long pause. "Why?" asks his father. "Arthur, please don't tell me..."

"I remembered my training," Arthur offers. "I got away."

His father covers his face with one hand. "There was nothing wrong with them, Arthur. Just fear. People were scared of them. I did what I had to do."

"I can see why," Arthur replies without thinking.

"If they threatened you then it's because of what I did."

"Why did you do it, then? I've never been told. Just something about... magic." Arthur gazes down at his hands, staring at his fingers. "I mean, I've been taught magic too. It's commonplace."

"Loumer Thastan and Pilonea Maximer, they were the heads of the two families at the time. Nobles, as you know. Very high up. Friends," adds the emperor quickly. "You know about the fire, the one that killed my father?"

"Yes. It destroyed almost all of the city. Only two houses were..." Arthur blinks.

"It was an accident, I'm sure, but it was still their fault. And I made a stupid decision and I can't take it back, because they started the fire. They're allowed to remain within the city walls, but they're carefully monitored."

"Not that carefully if two of them managed to come and threaten me."

"No, they're sealed. The family's always had considerable magical power. Their houses are enchanted. They can't go out without a seal to restrain their magic."

"She made fire around her hand," Arthur says. "Not a very effective restraint."

"The families have got considerable power. It'd be impossible to stop them from using magic completely. Unrestrained, a fireball would be the least of your worries." The emperor sighs. "Now it'd be best for you to head to your room, Arthur."

Arthur sighs. "What are you gonna do about the..." He trails off, not sure how to put it.

"I'll take care of it."

"Alright." The prince stands, slowly, and leaves.

*~*~*~*

He finds out the next day that he is being sent on an expedition to the shrine of the Master, who is said to be the ancestor of all of the emperors. He's also informed he's traveling with some nobles his father deemed fit to travel with him. He knows two: Brad and Dean, but the other two he doesn't find out until he meets them.

They're wearing bandages on their arms, he notices first off. The black-haired girl's wearing it on her left, the brown-haired girl on her right.

They're also, as it so happens, disgraced.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:49 am

There's too many snaps to fit here

Anyways, looking forward to more!

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am

I think that was just a short story.

But I like it, so it'd be cool if you do decide to do that.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:29 am

I SWEAR I WILL UPDATE STORIES BUT I'M BUSY TRYING TO PRETEND MYTH AU ENDS VERY HAPPILY AND CUTELY BUT

;;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DO HAPPY ENDING AUS FOR THE AUS BECAUSE

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:42 pm

LOL, I understand, bby.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:11 pm

;;;_;;;

Good luck, can't wait for it to be finished

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 am

yooooooooooooo so because the writing isn't happening have a SUPERHERO AU instead

featuring the crime-fighting quin... quintuplet, right? right. XIAVENGERS BITCHES

Fuse: somewhat leader. somewhat. mostly that everyone else will just sarcastically joke about plans like 'oh yeah you know what we should use? jam. jam is the ultimate fucking weapon against this dude' and he actually comes up with mildly reasonable ideas. still it's usually bare bones and means they wing most of the stuff
in any case
durin' the day he's arthur andrews the average high-schooler but on nights when he doesn't have to study for an upcoming test he's Concord, the leader of the... they don't actually have a name because halfway through trying to decide on one they went off onto a totally different tangent, but for now they go as the Xiavengers. In any case, the GREAT AND POWERFUL CONCORD's abilities concern empathy of a sort of physical and mental kind.
First off he generally has a p. good idea of people's emotions and additionally aware of injuries, even if they're covered up. Adding on to these he can heal these by sort of taking the injuries/emotional injuries on to himself. As such he's pretty much got super-fast healing with both faculties.
That's kinda useless for fighting though, isn't it? NOPE! Well, actually--sort of?
In addition to taking on injuries, he's also capable of giving them to people. However--he's got to be inflicted with the injury himself, so there are a few qualms about that. He's got super-fast healing 'n' all, but... yeah. Still, as a last resort, it's an effective trump card.

now MAX: totally ships fuse and elder KATHERINE MAXWELL becomes Sharpshooter pretty much all nights because she's bored half of the time and fuse is lame for not coming along. Her power might seem a bit odd--she manipulates weapons. First off, she just instinctively knows how to wield practically any weapon and can wield any weapon, even ones that seem ridiculously impractical or just plain impossible to wield. Second off, she can manipulate these weapons in seemingly impossible ways. You thought that gun fired one bullet? NOPE! How about three, bitches. But it's only got one barr--BITCH PLEASE YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT HOW MANY FUCKIN' BARRELS THERE ARE? YOU MUST BE NEW HERE. ALSO YOU THINK I'M OUT OF AMMUNITION? I'M NOT. THROUGH MAGIC I ALWAYS HAVE AMMUNITION.
She's got pretty much perfect aim unless elder is screwing with her but we'll get to that later. In any case she usually uses a handgun because carrying around other stuff is generally kind of impractical.

elder: Esther Yu doesn't need to study unlike all you plebs because she's smart, bitches--so every night she's Miss Fortune because I think I'm clever. As her name sort of suggests but chances are you didn't guess it, Elder is able to manipulate luck.
She's insanely lucky. Once she bought a lottery ticket on a whim. She won. She tried again and won again. People got suspicious but could not find any evidence to show she was cheating. Still, she's banned from buying lottery tickets anymore, not that she minds much. Winning the lottery twice is plenty.
Her luck manipulation includes other people as well, but she once tried to give everyone in the group really good luck and got herself really sick, so she's limited. Giving other people bad luck gives her more good luck to give, but that one day she gave that really annoying guy ridiculously bad luck ended... very badly, so she keeps it mild.
Elder wields throwing knives because she thinks it's funny how her luck will end up meaning they generally hit their target (also they're BADASS AS SHIT). Once she was like, a foot off, but then a raccoon literally pounced the guy and she at least grazed his arm. She's careful, though, and her intent is never to kill.

guy: Dean McKay is occasionally (because dude, what the fuck. i have shit to do, y'know?) the unpredictable Wild Card. And he's unpredictable. As fuck.
Generally his powers are pretty helpful; but they can range from SUDDENLY, A TREE BRANCH to WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT TRAIN COME FROM, so usually he sticks with punching people in the face. That's pretty effective. His powers are sort of more extreme versions of Elder's; he makes incredibly/not too ridiculously improbable things occur to serve a purpose (usually 'hit that guy') but the severity varies very strongly and he honestly thinks his power is pretty useless as a result. (These occurrences are actually determined by what he's feeling/instinctually thinks he should do; eventually he'll probably get a hang of the stuff.)

bloons: Brad Jones is the aptly named Swift, and he controls thing's speeds. They have to be already moving (and moving through the earth's rotation doesn't count.), but in any case--he can make something rapidly accelerate or just stop dead in its tracks (hovering, dead in its tracks. he wants something to stop, it stops.) Interestingly enough, he can also alter perception of time--personally things seem to go much slower for him, making him very observant. His attempts at altering other's perception of time has proved difficult and generally impractical.
His ability to stop things in motion--heck, even bullets (if he notices them in time) is very helpful and means he is a) hard to hit and b) actually able to weaponize practically anything by just flicking it in the correct direction then speeding it up like no one's business. How fast he can make something go depends on the size. He can make a bullet go bullet-speed but a car go... car speed. My speeds are just 2pro for you, bro.

as for villains i've yet to really come up with one. really the whole group is kind of a sort of joke; mostly they just hang out and play cards and stuff (only egyptian war, and bloons isn't allowed to play or deal) and elder made sims of them once but left the game going really fast and when she came back sim elder and sim fuse were girlfriend and boyfriend and she just quickly broke them up
they don't really have costumes; heck, elder wears an oversized gray sweatshirt and dark blue leggings and sneakers and she's also the only one i've designed yet.
mostly the criminals they apprehend are just thieves, thugs; the city doesn't have much crime, really. but then SOMETHING HAPPENS and suddenly villains appear or something i haven't got this planned out

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 am

also i did draw elder so https://i.imgur.com/DFFgBy0.png

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am

91 days remaining.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 am

Going off on a tangent: the introduction™ makes everything better

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:23 am

It's wonderful!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:11 pm

eeeey look it's a dork with a glaceon (aka pokemon au confirmed) One Thousand and One AUs - Page 7 AeSgRR7

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:18 am

Chapter Twelve

I exited the window and scooted my chair out before heading into the hallway, which was entirely free of angry foxes. Bloons quietly emerged from his room, jumping a little as he saw me. "Oh! Hey. Dragon lives upstairs." He paused almost as soon as the words had left his mouth. "Wait, they rearranged… yeah, he lives upstairs."

"Alright." I gestured for him to lead. He stepped in front of me and began to walk towards the stairwell. After waiting for him to say something and discovering my expectations were entirely unrealistic (but also stupid in the first place) we began to walk up the stairs. I could hear muffled yelling from below, but otherwise the only other sounds were our footsteps on the stairs.

As we walked, I could not help but notice it was becoming progressively warmer, and looked at Bloons with concern. He looked back at me. "The forge has got to be hot," he explained, then turned and stepped into the room, which I supposed wasn't quite as much of a room as the entire floor. Some blond dude sat at a cluttered table, eating cereal. At the same time he seemed to be glowing (and was prettier than half the girls I knew) and I guessed he was probably a god, making it a bit surreal. Bloons walked over to sit beside the blond guy. I stood for a moment longer to look around the room.

The whole place was incredibly messy, covered in a clutter of papers which appeared to be blueprints or designs or something. Some were stacked on the table, some strewn across the floor, some taped to the wall and marked with 'Important' in bright red, circled and underlined. There was a computer in one corner, a half-finished 3D design still displayed on its screen. Beside it was something I initially could not recognize, only to realize it was a 3D printer.

Glancing over at the other side of the room the first thing I noticed was the guy with brown hair sitting at an anvil, staring intently at some piece of metal that was still glowing red hot. A hammer leaned against the chair he was sitting on, and he appeared very intent on… whatever it was he was doing. Hephaestus, I realized, then—Dragon.

The blond guy called my name. "Arthur!" I didn't respond, staring dumbly at him. Who was he? He looked at me quizzically, then realized something and smacked himself on the face. "Oh! Oh, sorry. Come over, have breakfast." He beckoned me and, after another few seconds of staring at him with a stupid expression on my face, I walked over to him and sat down beside Bloons.

"Have some cereal, it's probably better than whatever breakfast they'd be serving downstairs. I've honestly no idea why they thought it was a good idea to have 'themed' meals." The blond chewed another spoonful of cereal and milk. "That's beside the point, though. I'm Apollo. Terra," he quickly corrected with a warm smile.

I blinked at him. "Huh. I imagined you looking more…"

Terra chuckled. "Asian?" He cracked a smile and swept his hair out of his face in a swift motion. "I could manage that, but there's really no reason to." He finished his cereal quickly. "Hephaestus is over there…" Terra glanced over at Dragon. "…I'm not actually entirely sure what he's doing."

"Can't I forge a deadly weapon in peace?" Dragon grumbled, but laughed and turned to face us, the hammer beside him falling onto the floor as his chair soundlessly… seemed to glide across the floor. I inadvertently stared, and I was sure he'd noticed—but he didn't seem to mind. Awkwardly looking away, I grabbed a paper bowl from the stack on the table, poured some milk into it, and then Cheerios, but not before laughing a little bit at the fact that I was eating Cheerios with a Greek god.

"So," I said, trying to make conversation, "Why can't we eat breakfast downstairs?"

"Max and Elder had… second thoughts about calling everyone together." Bloons stared at a blank spot on the table as if it were the most interesting thing in the world.

"'Second thoughts' hardly does it justice." Dragon sighed and covered his face with his hand. "They said that if their absurd theory was right, then the council coming together could be one of the worst things to happen. Nobody thinks their theory is actually correct, but they're making enough of a ruckus they might actually send everyone back."

"What is their theory, anyway?" Elder hadn't told me what it was; maybe now I had a chance to find out. Bloon's eyes flickered from the table to Dragon, and for a fraction of a second I saw a concerned expression on his face. "Or, if it's confidential or something…" I paused, becoming aware of a dull ache in my head.

"It is. Very confidential." Terra coughed into his fist. "Also, I think Elder would probably flip out if we told you, because she says you are under no circumstances supposed to know."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, trying to ignore my headache which seemed to be becoming just slightly worse. "Yeah, well I sort of figured out about a lot of stuff anyway that was supposed to be a secret."

"Hopefully you don’t figure out this one," Terra said with a nervous laugh as he stood from the table. "In any case, I'd better be heading back to my floor. I'll see you."

I looked at him suspiciously, becoming more and more aware of the slight pain in the back of my head. It probably was a bad sign. Never trust headaches when you're in a magic house and also happen to be magic yourself. "Headache," I muttered, rubbing the back of my head. Terra glanced at me with concern.

"Now I might be overreacting a little bit, but I would be stupid if I thought there would be no reason to suspect you having a headache right now."

I laughed. "Yeah. I mean, it's nothing too bad… just kind of annoying…" I paused and frowned. "But it seems to be determined to get painful, just very slowly."

Terra and Dragon both glanced at each other. "Think it's worth telling them? I mean, it could just be a headache…" Dragon didn't seem to believe that even as he was saying it.

Terra's expression read 'really?' as plain as day. Dragon shook his head and sighed.

"Well then." He rolled his chair deftly backwards, then to the stairs. Was he insane? Apparently he wasn't; the stairs suddenly disappeared, replaced by a rather nondescript elevator in the blink of an eye. "Let's—actually, Arthur, stay upstairs. Terra and I will head downstairs."

I grimaced and continued rubbing the back of my head, though it didn't help at all, honestly. "Where's Guy?" I asked Bloons, the thought suddenly occurring to me.

"I think he slept in. I haven't seen him around or anything, so…" Bloons shrugged and looked around, an awkward silence settling in between us as the elevator disappeared and was replaced with the stairs just as suddenly as it had appeared.

I stared at the stairs (A/N: huehuehue) incredulously. Okay sure it was a magic house, but you don't just swap elevators for stairs like it ain't no thang. "This house is weird," I remarked. Bloons chuckled.

"You only just noticed?" He smiled, a wide smile, and leaned over onto the table. "I don't even understand half of what goes on in here. How do they do it?" He stared into space thoughtfully.

"Well, I suppose they're gods." That brought another laugh from Bloons.

"How's the headache?"

"Like I said, it's annoying, but it's not like extremely painful or anything. It also remains very suspicious."

Bloons laughed again, saying something softly that I couldn't hear before looking at nothing in particular, silence falling again.

Someone was walking up the stairs. I immediately stood, barely in time to see Max's head poking up.

"Hey, Fuse." She smiled, but it was more of a grimace. "Apparently, our argument wasn't enough. I've run out of steam by now anyway. Come downstairs. We want you to meet some people."

"Do I have to?"

"Uh…" She grimaced now, for real. "Yeah, yeah, you do."

"I've got a headache," I mentioned, because I felt like going downstairs would be a very, very bad idea, and I wanted to delay it.

Max looked at me with pity in her eyes. "Look, I don't want you to come downstairs either, but we don't have choice in the matter, okay? Well, actually—you might. But… personally, I'd rather not it come to that."

"Am I going to find out that theory you and Elder have?"

"You're not gonna like it, lemme tell you that." She rubbed the back of her neck and glanced around nervously. "You coming downstairs or not?"

I was extremely reluctant; this could mean nothing good. Even as I took a few steps, my headache worsened noticeably and I winced, but began walking down the stairs anyway.

If only I'd known.

Maybe if I hadn't gone down those stairs then, I could've avoided it all.

I guess that's wishful thinking though, isn't it? And rambling as well. They'd probably have forced me to meet everyone. And in doing so, it would have happened anyway.

But maybe they would have been prepared.

Maybe I could've been stopped.

I only wish that's how it went, but it didn't go like that.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:18 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum