One Thousand and One AUs

Page 15 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by Neo Phantom Patriot on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:10 am

... How is it still healthy then. It looks healthy and crap.

Neo Phantom Patriot
The One True Hero
The One True Hero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:28 am

~magic~

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:31 am

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 Tumblr_macgdfyqFW1rwmb58

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Now might be a good time to mention that Venia is descended from sailors and fishermen and can drink anyone under the table. Except maybe Saivel.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:19 pm

I just came up with something really cute: Saivel having one of her sad moments and Venia noticing and going "Okay, you seem upset. I'm taking you home. I'm your parent now and your bedtime is never. Would you like some cake?" and attempting to carry her off into the sunset.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:08 pm

THAT'S PERFECT OMG

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:01 am

thing where fuse is like, a magic policeman? i need a proper name for that au

(i called it the policeman next door in the op, maybe i'll call it tpnd then?)

saivel and venia are roommates. they have a cat bed for kaime and a (rarely used) cage for trouble (which is slightly broken). saivel usually nags venia about putting trouble in the cage because otherwise he'll, well, get into trouble, and venia always says she'll get around to it and then never does

prior to her father's death, saivel was a more... practiced witch? venia was her sort of friend-apprentice-peer at that time.

after her dad's death (he was caught and no matter if you're one of the most powerful sorcerers in the city you can't stand against them), saivel became an alcoholic and rarely used magic anymore. venia's concerned by this because she knows that magic is kind of like a muscle, except unlike a muscle it can potentially disappear completely if you don't use it enough

(and the alcohol doesn't help but venia can't stop her, not really, and neither can kaime, so she's forced to just do the best she can and encourages saivel to do little things and well, she does those fine enough, so maybe she is practicing, but just not where venia can see)

venia notices saivel buying some obviously used, old books, but saivel doesn't say anything about them and venia doesn't bother her about that even though her curiosity is great

she pulls one out and it smells old and... some sort of odd scent she can't recognize but it's cold and the feel of it unnerves her so she puts it back quickly

aaron is their next-door neighbor vampire, who prefers to remain alone most of the time. venia isn't entirely sure what he gets up to but it's not really any of her business anyway

(its a bit unnerving because she's not sure if he feeds on humans or not--maybe there are willing participants and maybe there aren't--but she doesn't want to be intrusive)

and fus is a policeman who comes to the neighborhood and rents the apartment on the other side of venia and saivel's. he pokes around a bit and the girls have to hastily hide their books and talismans and the like in the secret compartment only they know how to access (that they thought they'd never have to use but looks like they were wrong)

aaron manages to scare him off and arthur decides 'ok maybe i shouldn't bother him' but mentally makes a note to investigate further

anyway arthur basically pokes around the apartments. there is a ghost. named nadine. (i'm a terrible person i know) arthur can't see her. the others get glimpses but apart from the familiars nobody really notices her.

cyrus is Corrupt Policeman Dude i'm gonna say? hes an asshole p much

(maybe he is responsible for the law against magic? in which case he would be mayor i guess?
(prob because he got rejected by a girl who went on to marry a sorcerer and he flipped his shit. chill dude))

there's not much relation to Actual Plotline it's mostly 'how are we supposed to hide our shit when we invite our new neighbor over for dinner' and 'ah yes, let me guide you through this area of the city, except not that part, no reason for that, no, not at all'

p much people trying to hide their magic from arthur and arthur going '................................................... ...................... ............................ ............ ..ok......... . .. . ...'

(they eventually are forced to reveal it somehow, obv. arthur does not react favorably.)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:56 am

OOOOooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

I was just thinking about Nadine yesterday, actually. That's weird.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:04 am

http://8tracks.com/ilvalentinos/hurry-up-with-my-damn-croissants-a-swag-alexander-mix

ok so i saw this on tumblr and listened to it and this is. this is basically saivel

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:55 am

I love it!

Yesterday I was working on an art project and listening to very loud Indie-Alt music and "Do I Wanna Know?" by The Arctic Monkeys came on and I went "THIS IS A SAIVEL AND FUSE SONG".

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:06 am

Chapter 2: Conversation

Bring!

Kaime jumped a little at the noise, swiveling around in their desk chair to pick up their phone. Saivel had texted them. It didn’t take a genius to realize what she probably wanted to bother them about. Kaime sighed and swiped right. Might as well deal with her being Saivel sooner rather than later.

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 U87Ng0m

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 8a9mhtj

(for some reason this one got fucked up somehow *shrug*)

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 PIlcLVk

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 LVuWtmU

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 1yIMv0B

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 7Rw5eol

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 1bb6nuH

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 AodC0aN

Kaime sat back and breathed out a sigh of relief. They’d really been expecting much worse. Just as they had turned back to his homework, their phone rang again. It was Saivel. Again. God fucking dammit.

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 1YSCzMZ

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 MC7AHru

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 7c5yTft

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 1Hr8B0b

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 15 AQNTc9S

Leave it to Saivel to end a conversation with a reminder to do something. She was probably laughing her ass off right now. Honestly, whether or not Saivel was taking amusement from their situation didn’t particularly matter to them.

Arthur didn’t turn me down. Well, not really. At least he was considering the possibility, and that meant Kaime had a chance.

They would also have to get Saivel some damn teal hair dye.

(aka woops saivel is aro in teen!lox)

Last edited by elder on Sun May 24, 2015 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:55 am

fyi after teenlox (apart from random drabbles) you will return to your (ir)regularly scheduled fusel

(on account of kaime is both aro and ace in star trek au and KIND OF A CAT in tpnd)

lemme enjoy these dumb gays while i can tho

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:07 pm

cries i just realized i did the messages the wrong way

pretend they're not the wrong way

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm

I wouldn't know the difference, so I already am.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:34 am

Prologue

Saivel stood behind her father, grinning madly. He glanced back at her and their eyes met for just a moment, but she could tell that her father was as excited as she was.

They’d had to fight for this moment, even though it had happened by sheer coincidence. Saivel had happened to be on a Starbase the Citadel was stopping at before heading on to unexplored stretches of space untouched by man. (She really, really liked how they said that. Yeah, maybe it was dramatic, maybe even overdramatic, but damn if it didn’t make everything so exciting.)

Quite reasonably, she had to admit, the Powers That Be had objected against bringing Saivel along. She was volatile and a liability. This was the first contact they had had with a planet only just declared inhabited. They did not know what they were heading into, and this was not exactly a family-appropriate situation. But if there was one thing anyone would know about Veren Athess, it was that he knew what he was doing. After a lot of debating, Starfleet had relented and allowed Saivel to go along, but told her to be careful. Saivel had been too busy smiling to be bothered by that.

Her dad was busy often, and his work could turn out to be dangerous work. Yes, he was a good diplomat—great, even—but situations could easily turn nasty, especially when you didn’t know what you were dealing with. It had been a while since Saivel had been able to see her father in person, and even though she knew that the chances were low, she worried that if she waited too long she might not ever see him again.

It was odd, though, considering her dad had to treat her like one of his officers and not like his daughter—at least most of the time. Once he had some free time, he would invite her to his quarters and they would swap stories and he would ask how Saivel was doing at the Academy and she would roll her eyes and say “Dad, come on,” and talk about how idiotic her teachers were and how this part of the lesson plan made no fucking sense. In turn, Veren would laugh and smile and tell her about how things had been when he was at the Academy (“you know, I first met your mom when I broke my arm”) and they were happy because they were together, and they were family.

Finally they arrived at the planet, known as of yet as YL-6703. Although they had been unable to establish contact with whatever lived down there, they knew there was something down there. What exactly it was escaped them. This was at once intriguing and disconcerting, and so everyone on the landing party had a phaser with them.

Funnily enough, the air on the planet was almost exactly the same as the air on Earth, and so was the gravity and—in fact, practically everything, which was… odd. Logically, it didn’t make sense, which was, once again, both intriguing and disconcerting.

As she stepped onto the transporter pad, Saivel glanced over at her father. He looked back and smiled ever so slightly. She smiled back and breathed in.

*~*~*~*

There was a sort of hum without tune or noise at all for that matter, one that existed without sound but within souls themselves. The beings conversed among themselves with a language without words. Something was orbiting around their planet at the moment, a ship. A ship housing humans.

Humans. The beings had memories—half-faded memories, but memories nonetheless, of humans. They had seen them last many cleansings ago, and had never expected to see them again. Not in this place; certainly not in this manner.

The beings were not sure of what to do. So instead of doing anything, they watched and waited.

*~*~*~*

Saivel exhaled and soon became aware of how humid the air around her was. Almost unconsciously, she tugged at the neck of her shirt slightly, making a face at her father. Veren, in turn, looked at his science officer.

“Readings indicate there are lifeforms around us,” the officer replied, confusion creeping into her voice. Veren frowned.

The beings murmured amongst themselves, not words but a language that was merely understood, connected as they were. One among them remembered the humans best; still retained the vague recollection of a human form after many cleansings. (Most of them did not recall any of their forms—and those who did had no interest in taking them.) This one, they decided, would step forth.

Many of the officer’s hands twitched towards their phasers when a black-haired, green-eyed person appeared out of thin air, clad in what appeared to be a sort of black robe. They tall and thing and they just stood there, stock still, not even appearing to breathe.

Once again, Veren looked towards the science officer. She frowned.

“Yes, they are alive,” she said after some length, still sounding very confused.

“Kaime.” The words were harsh, with too much force in them. The person’s mouth barely moved. Their head turned in an odd, robotic sort of matter, to face the group in front of them. “Name.”

Saivel frowned and looked at the party around her. None of them made any movement. She gestured towards herself in a manner she thought ‘Kaime’ would recognize and stated clearly, “Saivel.”

Kaime looked at her without blinking, which was surprisingly unnerving. “Do not…” They paused for a few seconds. “Speak.” Their words were oddly spoken—they were unused to the language, evidently. “Need…”

Then they paused again, to consider their words. They remembered fairly few; how they had remembered the name given to them was beyond them. “Head,” they said, finally, scanning over the group with a little more ease. Now, they could remember more. ‘Head’ was not the right word. “No,” they said firmly, then stopped to think again.

Veren blinked. His communications officer frowned. “Well, I doubt he wants any of our heads,” he said with forced brightness. “Ahem. He probably wants something related to heads… mind, perhaps?”

“Yes!” Kaime exclaimed. Mind. That was the word. If they could merely touch someone’s mind they would be able to glean enough information—like how to properly utilize this unfamiliar form, and how to speak their language. “Need,” they said firmly, causing Saivel to flinch just slightly.

Veren ran a hand through his hair. “We have no idea what this could entail,” he muttered, glancing at the others in the landing party. “But otherwise, we won’t be able to communicate with… him.”

“D—I’ll go, Captain,” Saivel blurted out. Veren looked at her oddly. “What’s the worst that could happen?”

“You could go brain dead,” the science officer pointed out helpfully.

“Okay, maybe that could happen, but I’m less valuable than anyone else here.” Before Veren could protest, Saivel counted off her fingers. “Let’s see, we’ve got the captain—very important, science officer—also very important, communications officer—vital to the mission of the Citadel, and me, a cadet.” She turned to her dad. “Who, out of those four, is most important?”

Veren bit his lip. Damn that girl, he had to think to himself quietly, shaking his head. “If you get yourself hurt…” he began, then trailed off. Saivel grinned at him and stepped forward.

Kaime looked at her, then seemed to realize exactly what she meant by that gesture. They stepped forward as well.

The two stood there for an almighty total of two seconds. Saivel blinked. Kaime did too. “Ah,” they said. “It has been a long time since we saw you last.” Their speech still sounded a little odd, but definitely much smoother than earlier.

Veren glanced at the science officer with evident concern. Kaime looked over at him.

“You are humans, yes? Unless you speak the same language but are of a different place.” Everyone had to pause and process exactly what they had said.

“You’ve seen our kind before?” Veren asked cautiously.

“Yes. Many…” Kaime paused to think over their words. “Many cleansings ago. We do not remember you well.”

“We?” Veren blurted out, then “Cleansings?” Saivel looked down at her hands, then up at Kaime, seemingly utterly baffled. She’d felt absolutely nothing but they were speaking English perfectly.

“The forest spirits,” Kaime stated matter-of-factly. “After a certain amount of time, we are cleansed of the taint we may have gathered serving our…” They paused again, then shook their head. “There is no word.”

“Not one in your language?” the communications officer piped up.

“We have no language. Rather—we do not have what you would define as a language. It is a joining of souls, a connection of understanding between us.”

“Wait, wait,” Saivel interrupted, waving her hands as if it would make them stop talking. “Forest spirits?”

“That is how we were referred to in times long past,” Kaime replied flatly.

Veren glanced over at his science officer. She looked at Kaime, intrigued.

“I don’t know what he is,” she muttered, but Kaime seemed to pick up on her words anyway. How sharp was their hearing?

“I have told you. And—”

The officer laughed. Veren glared at her and she immediately stopped. “I’m sorry, it’s just… I don’t understand you."

“What?” Kaime paused. “Did I not—”

“No, I can understand your speaking just fine. It’s your… how you work.”

“The trees,” they said.

“The trees?” Veren asked. Kaime gestured around them.

They were standing in a deep, dark forest, surrounded by many trees. “Not these trees, though. I… I cannot show you the Trees.” They gave the word special emphasis.

“Why?” the communications officer asked.

“You would cause harm.” Kaime said this as if it were a certainty. Saivel frowned just a little, but not enough to be noticeable (or at least, she thought so).

“We could be careful—if you just tell us what to do—” the science officer said this with obvious curiosity, but was quickly cut off.

Kaime looked straight into her eyes. “Without you, we would never have had to be cleansed. We still have to be cleansed, a long time afterwards. But we are little compared to the tree. If you touched the tree directly, who knows what would happen?”

The science officer opened her mouth, then closed it with a sigh.

“Well,” Veren said after a period of silence. “This has been… a unique first meeting, I must say. Now, uh, Kaime… we’d best tell you why we’re here.”

“You wish for us to join your Federation.”

Veren blinked.

“You were worrying about whether we would be unwilling, especially after I told Commander Rowan that humans are the reason we must be cleansed. Unfortunately, we have little interest in joining. There is nothing for us to gain and, potentially, much to lose. However,” Kaime continued before Veren could protest, “we must admit that we are… curious. And we are not… heartless. You could learn much from us.”

“Yes, we could,” the science officer said, then “How did you—”

“That is an example of one thing you could learn from us.” Kaime stood up straighter and looked over at the science officer. “We are…” he searched for the word for a moment. “Telepathic. That is the word, yes?”

The science officer frowned.

“I would be interested in accompanying you to your ship.”

“Yes, but the rest of your—” Veren was cut off quite abruptly.

“We will be able to communicate over a large distance. However, my… power will decrease as I go farther from my tree.” Kaime paused. “Your Earth is within agreeable distance.”

“Earth is…” Saivel looked at her father. “…really far away from here.”

A ghost of a smile flitted across Kaime’s face. “Well, Captain Athess? May I go with you?”

Veren sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Well. …I suppose I can’t say no, can I?”

“You mean yes.”

“Yes—yes, I do.” Veren laughed. Kaime looked at him with the same emotionless face. “Well.” He flipped his communicator open. “Five to beam up.”

Last edited by elder on Sun May 24, 2015 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 am

basically kaime's species is op

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Cool.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:03 am

update on myth au status:

about halfway done

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 am

The Policeman Next Door

Prologue

“Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”
–Exodus 22:18, KJV

“Diana?” he half-asked, half-whispered.

She shook her head, tight-lipped, and walked faster, arm in arm with that damn sorcerer. The man glanced back at Cyrus quickly, whispering something to the woman that should not have been there, and he just stood there. He stood there and watched as his love (she was his, rightfully his) left him for that… scum.

Cyrus Alberdine had never trusted sorcerers, witches, or wizards; however they classified themselves, they were untrustworthy. He had been using his authority to push regulation after regulation onto them. He said he wanted to protect the non-magical populace from the harm magicians could potentially bring upon them. In his mind, they could only be safe if there was no magic whatsoever on his island.

After Diana, after that trash had taken her from him, no doubt stolen her mind somehow, he pushed even harder to ban magic. It was a great fight; everyone was against him. But in the end, Cyrus won.

On July 13th, 2014, Cyrus Alberdine, governor of Xia, announced the outlawing of unlicensed magic throughout the island. Those who did not comply stood to face a lifetime in jail.

“If you have an issue,” he said smoothly, smiling a poisonous smile, “then all it takes is for you to leave Xia.”

*~*~*~*

Arthur Belnz had wanted to be a policeman since he was a young child. Just a few years ago, he had attained that goal. From then on, he had worn his badge with pride and done the right thing, which was what policemen were supposed to do, after all.

That fateful day he questioned whether he really wanted the job anymore. Outlawing magic? It was unthinkable—it was a key part of every citizen’s life. True, they could survive without it, they were not that helpless, but…

Already people were protesting the new law. In Citadel, a city known throughout the whole island for being the magic hub of Xia, mobs were being lead by perhaps the greatest sorcerer on the island, Veren Athess.

Arthur knew he would have to enforce the new law. That was his job, after all. But still… some part of him twisted into a knot at the thought of it. He would have to ensure that nobody was using magic—not even the simplest little enchantment was allowed.

Surely getting a license would not be too much trouble? Who are you kidding, Arthur, he thought to himself wryly. It was just a ploy to keep the people from protesting. But they know what’s up.

With a sigh, he stood up. Surely Cyrus would see that outlawing magic was simply not reasonable and repeal the law. No, he would point out that you merely (‘merely’) needed to acquire a license to go back to your magic usage as it was beforehand. Damn.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, he thought to himself, and headed off to work with a heavy heart.

*~*~*~*

Venia found her roommate Saivel holding a glass in her hand, one more shattered on the floor. Four bottles of beer were beside Saivel, one of which was empty, one more half-full, the other two as of yet unopened.

“Fuck,” Saivel spat, taking her sweet time with the ‘f’. She looked up at Venia, eyes bloodshot, black hair matted. “They can’t do this, V.”

No words came to Venia’s mind. She swallowed and stepped forward cautiously, resting one hand on Saivel’s shoulder. Saivel didn’t move.

“My dad’s gonna get himself fucking killed, V,” she said after a few minutes spent in silence.

“What?!” Venia gaped at her. “No, that’s impossible, ‘vel! There’s no way anyone could stand against your dad. Not with a mob behind him!”

Saivel choked out a humorless laugh. “He forbade you or me from going with him, V. Why else would he do that? And he—he told me he loved me and to take care and I… I didn’t say anything. I just stood there like a fucking idiot and I didn’t say shit. God, Venia, the last thing I fucking said to him was ‘Fuck you.’”

Oh, yeah. The fight a few days ago. Veren had noticed a few books in Saivel’s collection that looked… off. The fact that she had acquired a jar of dog’s blood didn’t help her case. He’d confronted her about it, as any responsible father would do. Saivel had gotten defensive, and said some words she regretted, and stormed off. That night she fell asleep surrounded by crushed beer cans.

“He’s going to fucking die V. He’s going to die thinking I hate him.” Saivel drew in a rattling breath. “Oh God V—he’s going to get murdered and I…”

She stood without warning, her legs shaking even as she supported herself with a hand on the table. “I’m going to go.”

“Like hell you are,” Venia snapped. She pushed Saivel back into the chair forcibly. “He told you to stay, didn’t he? If he is going to—” she stopped and swallowed, then continued, “…then you should obey his last wishes.”

“They don’t need to be his last wishes!” Saivel glared up at Venia and made an attempt to stand once again, only for Venia to stop her.

“You’re fucking wasted Saivel, you think you can help?” Venia hated to resort to shouting, but it seemed like it was the only way she could reason with her roommate. “You’d just get yourself killed, too—” (‘too’—the words echoed in her ears, hollow, for days after that, because what she had done was right, yes, otherwise Saivel would have been killed too) “and—that’s the last thing he wants.”

All of Saivel’s energy left her at that moment. She slumped in her chair, and Venia realized just how pitiful she looked. Her black hair was sticking to her forehead with sweat, sticking up in peculiar places, and there were dark bags under her eyes. Her eyes were lifeless, glassy.

“Fuck this,” she muttered, and said nothing more.

Venia stepped back slowly, expecting something else. Saivel had just given up. That was worse than any other possibility, somehow, because it was not something Saivel would do.

Uncertain of what to do, she left Saivel to herself, although she eventually did tuck her roommate into bed.

The next day Saivel found the newspaper ripped to pieces in the trash and Venia with red eyes the girl insisted were not from crying.

*~*~*~*

Reassignment.

He was being reassigned to Citadel. Arthur knew he should’ve seen this coming. It was still a mess, even after the death of Veren Athess, the uprising’s leader. In fact, the place seemed more determined in in its rebellion against the outlawing of magic. More men were needed there, perhaps more than Xia even had.

For the umpteenth time since the law had been passed, Arthur considered quitting. There was a high chance he would meet his end in Citadel. In fact, he thought, it’s probably inevitable.

After much deliberation, he decided that if he was going to die, he might as well die doing the right thing.

Well.

The ‘right thing.’

*~*~*~*

Saivel absentmindedly stroked along Kaime’s back, listening to the black cat’s contented purring with a slight smile. “What is it?” she murmured, looking out the window but not paying attention to anything she saw.

“The new tenant is here,” Venia answered from the door before Saivel’s familiar could. Saivel stared.

“The one that’s…?” She trailed off as Venia nodded. “Ah. Well this is something I should probably put pants on for, shouldn’t I? Wouldn’t want a policeman to see me in a shirt and underwear.”

“No shit,” Venia chuckled, grabbing a pair of jeans to her left and tossing them over to her roommate. Saivel tugged them on quickly and stood up from the chair, Kaime making a sort of disgruntled noise and gently landing on the floor.

“Where’s Trouble?” Saivel asked, walking over to Venia. Venia shrugged.

“I dunno, actually.” She glanced throughout the hallway, then rolled her eyes. “Antagonizing the new tenant, apparently,” she groaned, stepping out and yelling, “Trouble!”

The monkey turned to face her and, somewhat reluctantly, came to her side. Venia sighed and looked over at the man Trouble had been annoying, who brushed off the front of his shirt as he stood and smiled nervously. His gaze switched from Venia to Trouble—oh, she was the monkey’s owner.

“Um, hello,” he said. Venia smiled sincerely.

“Hi. I’m Venia, this dumbass over here is my roommate Saivel. And this—” she pointed at Trouble with an accusatory expression—“is my monkey Trouble. Sorry about, um, that, he didn’t mean any harm by it.”

“It’s alright,” the man replied. “I’m uh, Arthur. Arthur Belnz,” he added hastily.

Saivel stepped out into the hallway and suddenly became keenly aware of the fact she probably hadn’t brushed her hair today.

“Thanks for introducing me as a dumbass, V,” she quipped, trying to hide the fact that she was scared to death. This man was a policeman. He would enforce the law.

If he caught her practicing magic (unlicensed because no one could be bothered to get a license—it was a waste of time ending in an empty promise) then… oh no, she had been leading protests for months now, masked, of course, because she didn’t want anyone to identify her.

She could die.

She could die just like her father.

But instead of saying anything, she smirked and glanced over at Venia. The other girl nodded, understanding her thoughts. ‘Let’s distract him,’ her eyes said back. ‘Keep him busy with nonsense.’

‘Good idea.’ Saivel straightened up. “So,” she said in what she hoped was a conversational kind of tone, “anyone shown you around yet?”

myth au is about 5/9 done. should be done by the weekend i think?

*shrug*

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 am

Loving it so far.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 am

OK SO first off apologies for not updating anything today or yesterday
HOWEVER good news is myth au is 2/3 done!!!
(also there's prob gonna be a written epilogue jsyk)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:04 am

Yay!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 am

hi

no update today OR myth au progress ( i got distracted wops)

but have some chpater titles

which one is coming out first? good

good question

idk

which one do you want to come out first

(pls tell me because i dunno and i could write for any at this point so take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts)

SO for mm2 (remember that? yeah i dont either) we have Chapter Four: Waking

for star trek au we have Chapter One: The Repercussions of First Contact. i am determined to feature saivel and venia's rainbow christmas tree in this chapter. kaime will just stare at them and sigh. also the introduction of arthur and aaron i guess?

for music metaphor au we have chapter five: a melody cannot last forever

for teenlox we have Chapter 3 which i havent come up with a title for but its definitely going to involve kaise and potentially drunk saivel + more texts? idk

for tpnd we have Chapter One: Ignorance is Bliss in which Saivel is an asshole to Arthur because he doesn't know the deal with the Xyla borough of Citadel

(it involves bloons' trio, that's all i'm giving you)

ye

pick your poison?

where the fuck did that phrase even come from anyway

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 am

I'm enjoying teen!LOX, but the music one is really good too.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 am

Also, I kind of want to read the Star Trek one just for the gay Christmas tree.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down