Back to top Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 16 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:01 am

The Policeman Next Door

Prologue

“Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.”
–Exodus 22:18, KJV

“Diana?” he half-asked, half-whispered.

She shook her head, tight-lipped, and walked faster, arm in arm with that damn sorcerer. The man glanced back at Cyrus quickly, whispering something to the woman that should not have been there, and he just stood there. He stood there and watched as his love (she was his, rightfully his) left him for that… scum.

Cyrus Alberdine had never trusted sorcerers, witches, or wizards; however they classified themselves, they were untrustworthy. He had been using his authority to push regulation after regulation onto them. He said he wanted to protect the non-magical populace from the harm magicians could potentially bring upon them. In his mind, they could only be safe if there was no magic whatsoever on his island.

After Diana, after that trash had taken her from him, no doubt stolen her mind somehow, he pushed even harder to ban magic. It was a great fight; everyone was against him. But in the end, Cyrus won.

On July 13th, 2014, Cyrus Alberdine, governor of Xia, announced the outlawing of unlicensed magic throughout the island. Those who did not comply stood to face a lifetime in jail.

“If you have an issue,” he said smoothly, smiling a poisonous smile, “then all it takes is for you to leave Xia.”

*~*~*~*

Arthur Belnz had wanted to be a policeman since he was a young child. Just a few years ago, he had attained that goal. From then on, he had worn his badge with pride and done the right thing, which was what policemen were supposed to do, after all.

That fateful day he questioned whether he really wanted the job anymore. Outlawing magic? It was unthinkable—it was a key part of every citizen’s life. True, they could survive without it, they were not that helpless, but…

Already people were protesting the new law. In Citadel, a city known throughout the whole island for being the magic hub of Xia, mobs were being lead by perhaps the greatest sorcerer on the island, Veren Athess.

Arthur knew he would have to enforce the new law. That was his job, after all. But still… some part of him twisted into a knot at the thought of it. He would have to ensure that nobody was using magic—not even the simplest little enchantment was allowed.

Surely getting a license would not be too much trouble? Who are you kidding, Arthur, he thought to himself wryly. It was just a ploy to keep the people from protesting. But they know what’s up.

With a sigh, he stood up. Surely Cyrus would see that outlawing magic was simply not reasonable and repeal the law. No, he would point out that you merely (‘merely’) needed to acquire a license to go back to your magic usage as it was beforehand. Damn.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, he thought to himself, and headed off to work with a heavy heart.

*~*~*~*

Venia found her roommate Saivel holding a glass in her hand, one more shattered on the floor. Four bottles of beer were beside Saivel, one of which was empty, one more half-full, the other two as of yet unopened.

“Fuck,” Saivel spat, taking her sweet time with the ‘f’. She looked up at Venia, eyes bloodshot, black hair matted. “They can’t do this, V.”

No words came to Venia’s mind. She swallowed and stepped forward cautiously, resting one hand on Saivel’s shoulder. Saivel didn’t move.

“My dad’s gonna get himself fucking killed, V,” she said after a few minutes spent in silence.

“What?!” Venia gaped at her. “No, that’s impossible, ‘vel! There’s no way anyone could stand against your dad. Not with a mob behind him!”

Saivel choked out a humorless laugh. “He forbade you or me from going with him, V. Why else would he do that? And he—he told me he loved me and to take care and I… I didn’t say anything. I just stood there like a fucking idiot and I didn’t say shit. God, Venia, the last thing I fucking said to him was ‘Fuck you.’”

Oh, yeah. The fight a few days ago. Veren had noticed a few books in Saivel’s collection that looked… off. The fact that she had acquired a jar of dog’s blood didn’t help her case. He’d confronted her about it, as any responsible father would do. Saivel had gotten defensive, and said some words she regretted, and stormed off. That night she fell asleep surrounded by crushed beer cans.

“He’s going to fucking die V. He’s going to die thinking I hate him.” Saivel drew in a rattling breath. “Oh God V—he’s going to get murdered and I…”

She stood without warning, her legs shaking even as she supported herself with a hand on the table. “I’m going to go.”

“Like hell you are,” Venia snapped. She pushed Saivel back into the chair forcibly. “He told you to stay, didn’t he? If he is going to—” she stopped and swallowed, then continued, “…then you should obey his last wishes.”

“They don’t need to be his last wishes!” Saivel glared up at Venia and made an attempt to stand once again, only for Venia to stop her.

“You’re fucking wasted Saivel, you think you can help?” Venia hated to resort to shouting, but it seemed like it was the only way she could reason with her roommate. “You’d just get yourself killed, too—” (‘too’—the words echoed in her ears, hollow, for days after that, because what she had done was right, yes, otherwise Saivel would have been killed too) “and—that’s the last thing he wants.”

All of Saivel’s energy left her at that moment. She slumped in her chair, and Venia realized just how pitiful she looked. Her black hair was sticking to her forehead with sweat, sticking up in peculiar places, and there were dark bags under her eyes. Her eyes were lifeless, glassy.

“Fuck this,” she muttered, and said nothing more.

Venia stepped back slowly, expecting something else. Saivel had just given up. That was worse than any other possibility, somehow, because it was not something Saivel would do.

Uncertain of what to do, she left Saivel to herself, although she eventually did tuck her roommate into bed.

The next day Saivel found the newspaper ripped to pieces in the trash and Venia with red eyes the girl insisted were not from crying.

*~*~*~*

Reassignment.

He was being reassigned to Citadel. Arthur knew he should’ve seen this coming. It was still a mess, even after the death of Veren Athess, the uprising’s leader. In fact, the place seemed more determined in in its rebellion against the outlawing of magic. More men were needed there, perhaps more than Xia even had.

For the umpteenth time since the law had been passed, Arthur considered quitting. There was a high chance he would meet his end in Citadel. In fact, he thought, it’s probably inevitable.

After much deliberation, he decided that if he was going to die, he might as well die doing the right thing.

Well.

The ‘right thing.’

*~*~*~*

Saivel absentmindedly stroked along Kaime’s back, listening to the black cat’s contented purring with a slight smile. “What is it?” she murmured, looking out the window but not paying attention to anything she saw.

“The new tenant is here,” Venia answered from the door before Saivel’s familiar could. Saivel stared.

“The one that’s…?” She trailed off as Venia nodded. “Ah. Well this is something I should probably put pants on for, shouldn’t I? Wouldn’t want a policeman to see me in a shirt and underwear.”

“No shit,” Venia chuckled, grabbing a pair of jeans to her left and tossing them over to her roommate. Saivel tugged them on quickly and stood up from the chair, Kaime making a sort of disgruntled noise and gently landing on the floor.

“Where’s Trouble?” Saivel asked, walking over to Venia. Venia shrugged.

“I dunno, actually.” She glanced throughout the hallway, then rolled her eyes. “Antagonizing the new tenant, apparently,” she groaned, stepping out and yelling, “Trouble!”

The monkey turned to face her and, somewhat reluctantly, came to her side. Venia sighed and looked over at the man Trouble had been annoying, who brushed off the front of his shirt as he stood and smiled nervously. His gaze switched from Venia to Trouble—oh, she was the monkey’s owner.

“Um, hello,” he said. Venia smiled sincerely.

“Hi. I’m Venia, this dumbass over here is my roommate Saivel. And this—” she pointed at Trouble with an accusatory expression—“is my monkey Trouble. Sorry about, um, that, he didn’t mean any harm by it.”

“It’s alright,” the man replied. “I’m uh, Arthur. Arthur Belnz,” he added hastily.

Saivel stepped out into the hallway and suddenly became keenly aware of the fact she probably hadn’t brushed her hair today.

“Thanks for introducing me as a dumbass, V,” she quipped, trying to hide the fact that she was scared to death. This man was a policeman. He would enforce the law.

If he caught her practicing magic (unlicensed because no one could be bothered to get a license—it was a waste of time ending in an empty promise) then… oh no, she had been leading protests for months now, masked, of course, because she didn’t want anyone to identify her.

She could die.

She could die just like her father.

But instead of saying anything, she smirked and glanced over at Venia. The other girl nodded, understanding her thoughts. ‘Let’s distract him,’ her eyes said back. ‘Keep him busy with nonsense.’

‘Good idea.’ Saivel straightened up. “So,” she said in what she hoped was a conversational kind of tone, “anyone shown you around yet?”

myth au is about 5/9 done. should be done by the weekend i think?

*shrug*

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 am

Loving it so far.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 am

OK SO first off apologies for not updating anything today or yesterday
HOWEVER good news is myth au is 2/3 done!!!
(also there's prob gonna be a written epilogue jsyk)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:04 am

Yay!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 am

hi

no update today OR myth au progress ( i got distracted wops)

but have some chpater titles

which one is coming out first? good

good question

idk

which one do you want to come out first

(pls tell me because i dunno and i could write for any at this point so take advantage of this opportunity while it lasts)

SO for mm2 (remember that? yeah i dont either) we have Chapter Four: Waking

for star trek au we have Chapter One: The Repercussions of First Contact. i am determined to feature saivel and venia's rainbow christmas tree in this chapter. kaime will just stare at them and sigh. also the introduction of arthur and aaron i guess?

for music metaphor au we have chapter five: a melody cannot last forever

for teenlox we have Chapter 3 which i havent come up with a title for but its definitely going to involve kaise and potentially drunk saivel + more texts? idk

for tpnd we have Chapter One: Ignorance is Bliss in which Saivel is an asshole to Arthur because he doesn't know the deal with the Xyla borough of Citadel

(it involves bloons' trio, that's all i'm giving you)

ye

pick your poison?

where the fuck did that phrase even come from anyway

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 am

I'm enjoying teen!LOX, but the music one is really good too.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 am

Also, I kind of want to read the Star Trek one just for the gay Christmas tree.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:28 pm

i... forgot about tfc....

im sorry bloons...

(also i guess ill do star trek au becuase gay christmas tree is go)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:32 am

What's tfc? I can't remember.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:07 am

to force change

also it looks like eta for myth au is late sunday for me + eta for tfc is saturday

i forgot about things that i was doing...

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Oh right

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:11 am

i keep on planning to write things and then it doesn't happen. like i had the word doc for tfc open and had just written 'chapter five' and was about to actually start

and then BAM, up shit creek in five seconds flat.

is the universe against me writing things? the fuck

good news: myth au might not be so late sunday? like 7pm fus time or something at the latest

(basically i have one verse left of the thing roughly translating to five panels so if i work quick i can do that shit)

if nothing else gets in my way (jesus) tfc will come out on sunday

also possibly star trek au chapter one (the repercussions of first contact, or alternatively the gayest christmas tree to ever grace the earth), depending on how much i feel like writing

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:27 am

OK IM ACTUALLY CONVINCED THE UNIVERSE IS AGAINST ME WRITING THINGS?

WELL TOO BAD UNIVERSE I AM GOING TO WRITE THIS FUCKING TFC CHAPTER WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR FUCKING NOT

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:48 am

My sister prevented me from actually finishing the tfc chapter uuugh

and no work on myth au was accomplished

What the hell did I do universe

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:59 pm

You did nothing, my dear. The universe is just a dick. I blame entropy for everything.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:26 pm

ENTROPYYYYYYYY

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 pm

anyway rough update schedule for this week:

myth au should be going up sometime later today!

potentially star trek au chapter one too!

next will be tpnd chapter one

and myth au epilogue which im gonna warn yo uahead is full of TERRIBLE ANGST AHAHAAHAAAHAHH

im gonna make a nothing hurts au because no

wednesday/thursday (dependent on whether or not i post star trek au today or tomorrow) will be mm2

and after that, music metaphor!

yeh

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:15 am

its D O N E
http://eldersshit.tumblr.com/post/102932645906

(password is legendofxia)

also i guess star trek au is probably coming out tomorrow welp

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:23 am

holy shit.

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:58 am

Please tell me you're actually going to write the story oh my gosh I can't be wildly guessing like this

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:46 pm

basically fus murder everyone and then eris showed up and finished it off by destroying e v e r y t h i n g

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:14 am

Chapter One: The Repercussions of First Contact

Kaime blinked. They did not do this often, only when they were confused and at a loss for words. As they showed few expressions, the people around them had learned to read their rather muted body language. Ambassador Rhea Athess shifted in her chair, glancing around the room.

“Yes, Kaime?” she responded to the unspoken question.

“I do not understand the reasoning behind—” They were cut off abruptly by the Ambassador once again and detected a hint of impatience from the normally calm and collected woman.

“It’s Christmas, Kaime,” she said softly.

“Interrupting discussion at this point in time would be detrimental if we intend to progress any further,” Kaime pointed out. “There is no evident reason to—”

“Progress?” an admiral laughed harshly. “You refuse to let us mine on your planet, explore it, even, and you still haven’t let us touch that offshoot with a ten-foot pole.”

Rhea gave the admiral a meaningful glance, and he quieted. Kaime noted that the admiral was evidently frustrated; not a surprising thing. Humans had natural curiosity after all, and they simply did not like to accept ‘no’ as an answer. Eventually they would have to let them study the offshoot they’d somehow convinced them to bring along with them. For as long as they could, though, the unofficial ambassador of the ‘forest spirits’ (no proper name for the species had been created yet) would say, quite firmly, no.

Kaime sighed. “I have allowed you to scan said offshoot, Admiral, and that was lenient enough. Until it has grown further, I cannot allow you to come into contact with it or I shall risk its health.”

“We understand that, Kaime,” Rhea replied, her patience obviously wearing thin, “but that’s not the topic at hand. We are temporarily suspending meetings for two weeks, because of the holidays taking place within that period of time.” She gave Kaime a serious look. “There is no argument, Ambassador.”

The spirit nodded ever so slightly. Let the humans be humans. In any case, they had sensed Saivel steadily getting herself inebriated throughout the last few hours. “If that is all you had to inform me of, then I must depart.” They bowed slightly and left the room without any further conversation, and the others let them.

Once Kaime had found their way back to their room, they packed their few necessities into a bag. Well, ‘necessities’ was debatable, as the contents were several changes of clothes (and his PADD, which was not really necessary, but convenient). The spirit had no need for toiletries or any other personal effects. (And their need for clothes was debatable as well.)

However, they did put several hangover hypos into his baggage. They simply knew that they would need them. Then, satisfied with their provisions, Kaime headed off.

*~*~*~*

It was incredibly easy for Kaime to locate Saivel. After a few seconds of prodding around with their mind, their feet simply knew where to take them. Several passerby looked at them oddly as they walked through several suspect areas, looking out of place in their evidently expensive clothing. Kaime paid them no heed, subconsciously influencing the people in the area around them to leave them alone.

After walking for about five minutes, Kaime found themselves in front of a bar, which was no surprise. They opened the door and walked in, turning their head immediately to see Saivel, sitting on a bar stool. She was very drunk, cheeks flushed as she laughed at a joke the brunette man sitting next to her had made.

Swiftly, the spirit stepped up to her. Saivel, they reprimanded her. She jerked in her seat and swiveled around to face them.

“Yeah?” she asked blearily, the brunette looking with confusion from Saivel to Kaime. She blinked and then said, “Oh! Oh, this, this is, John, and,” she gestured towards Kaime, “Kaime.”

John narrowed his eyes ever so slightly at this new arrival. Kaime disregarded him, instead lightly gripping onto Saivel’s arm. “Saivel, we should return to your room,” they muttered, attempting to clear her mind somewhat.

She rolled her eyes, but allowed them to lead her out of the bar anyway. (Granted, she did leave with John’s number written on a scrap of paper in her pocket.) Eventually, her level of drunkenness proved too much for Kaime to support her simply by holding onto her hand, and she wound up being half-dragged along.

“This isn’t how you carry a lady,” Saivel remarked as Kaime attempted to hail a taxi. “You’re supposed to do… the, the, uh, the thing.” Failing to find the words, she instead conveyed an image towards Kaime.

“I will store that information until I come into contact with a lady,” Kaime deadpanned. Saivel grinned at them.

“That hurt, dude,” she said rather unconvincingly, as she was trying to hold back laughter. Kaime tolerated her antics as they practically carried her back to Starfleet Academy. It was a fairly long walk, but Saivel babbled ceaselessly throughout, earning her some odd looks from people. She and Kaime both paid them no attention, Kaime more focused on getting to their destination than anything else and Saivel too drunk to care.

“Why don’t you do that?” she asked at length. “Y’know, the whole, all the carrying stuff. That… thing.”

“Carrying you like that would be conducive to you sleeping,” Kaime grunted in response.

“What’s so bad ‘bout that?” Saivel muttered in an accusatory sort of tone.

“I need you awake if we intend to enter your room,” they said.

“Oh!” Saivel shot up at the mention of her room. “Kaime, we have… the gayest Christmas tree in existence, I swear to God.” She leaned back onto their shoulder, grinning madly at them.

“Is that so?”

“Hey. You’re being all condescending now. Not cool.” Saivel attempted to wag a finger at them, making a pouty sort of face.

Kaime let Saivel gather that they were exasperated by her behavior and spent the rest of the walk ignoring her interminable talk.

The two passed by several other people as they made their way to Saivel’s room, the location of which Kaime had to coax out of their companion with considerable effort. Some, knowing Saivel, gave Kaime pitying glances, which Saivel immediately picked up on and took mock offense to. Others simply gave them the same strange looks that passerby on the streets had.

Eventually the sound of feet against concrete was exchanged for the sound of feet against tiled hallways, and then finally they came to a stop in front of the door. Saivel fumbled for the key, at length unlocking it. Kaime practically dropped her on the nearest chair.

“V, I’m home!” Saivel yelled, draped across the chair (not unlike a discarded coat, Kaime thought to themselves with a hint of amusement.)

I caught that, asshole, was what followed immediately.

“What the hell, Vel?” someone replied to Saivel’s bellow. A girl appeared, mind clouded with drowsiness. Her hair was long and black, sporadically streaked with green, and there were bags under her grey eyes. “I was just about to go to fucking sleep, you dick,” she muttered, walking over to lightly slap Saivel. She turned and registered Kaime’s presence with a mix of confusion and apprehension.

They nodded slightly and began to introduce themselves. “I am Kaime—”

“They're my bestie, V. Second best bestie, ‘cause you’re my best bestie.” Saivel grinned. ‘V’ raised an eyebrow. “Kaime, Venia. Venia, Kaime.”

“Bestie, huh?” she said doubtfully, sitting down on the chair across from Saivel. “Not some guy you picked up at a bar?”

“Look at their threads, V, who are you kidding,” Saivel replied, pointing at Kaime’s shirt.

“Saivel and I have known each other since before she entered the Academy,” Kaime began, only to be interrupted by Saivel once again.

“But they never visit!” she exclaimed.

“I am preoccupied, Saivel,” Kaime pointed out.

“Yeah with your whatever the fuck meetings with my mom and all those admi—assmirals, that was what we called them.”

Kaime’s lips twitched ever so slightly upwards in the slightest hint of a smile. Saivel immediately straightened up, pointing at them. “You’re smiling! I made you smile! Success!”

“Wait—” Venia ignored Saivel’s outburst, furrowing her brow. “Saivel’s mom… is an ambassador.” She looked at Kaime oddly.

“Kaime’s an alien, dude. Who can read yo’ mind.” Saivel put her fingers to her temples and stared at Kaime. Saivel, they chastised her, and she stopped.

“I can detect hints of people’s emotions in the area around me,” Kaime corrected. “I have no wish to ‘read yo’ mind,’ though I am capable of such a feat.”

“Also we can totally communicate with our brains because of some weird science shit what went down when we met,” Saivel pointed out.

Venia looked over at Kaime for explanation.

“I overestimated the effort it would take to… glean information from Saivel’s mind.” Kaime chose their words carefully, monitoring Venia to detect any sort of negative reaction. She seemed a bit suspicious—damn. Spending so much times with humans had made them more like them. They so openly showed their feelings, and easily showed deceit.

“They were tryin’ to figure out how to talk ‘n’ shit,” Saivel said, waving her hand wildly in the air.

“…Saivel is correct.” Kaime closed their eyes. “As I had had no prior experience with a human mind, I accidentally created a… link, of sorts.”

“Basically it means I can plant images of dicks into his mind with some work. But ‘cause Kaime’s fucking unfair, they can do all sorts of crazy shiz, like, uh...” Saivel paused. “…things.”

Venia made an odd sort of face. “…Okay. Look, I’d love to hear more about this, but it’s like, eleven p.m., and even though we have vacation, I am really fucking tired. So, uh, where’s he sleeping?”

Kaime coughed to get the girl’s attention. “I do not need to sleep.” She frowned ever so slightly, but he sensed relief nevertheless.

“Well, that’s a relief,” the girl sighed, turning back to Saivel. “How drunk are you?”

Saivel scoffed. “Not that drunk. I’ve been speakin’ co… fuck. I’ve been speakin’ well, haven’t I?”

“You couldn’t say coherently.” The other girl shifted in her chair, crossing one leg over the other.

“Fuck coher… fuck that word, V.” Saivel yawned loudly. “Anyway you’re not the only one tired here.”

“Take a shower instead of just passing out. You smell like shit.” Venia rubbed her eyes and yawned. “Why are yawns contagious? Dammit, ‘Vel.” She stood with a groan and walked away from her company. Saivel grunted at her.

“You’re an ass, V,” she called out, but began to make her way to the shower anyway. “Kaime, make yourself… comfy or whatever. I dunno.” Saivel waved a hand dismissively and yawned again, then left the room. Kaime curled up on the chair she had previously been occupying until they were in a comfortable position, then retrieved their PADD from their baggage.

Saivel walked past them about half an hour later, mumbled ‘good night,’ then left again and (presumably) fell asleep.

Kaime put the hangover hypo on the table next to her so she’d see it when she woke up.

*~*~*~*

“My head,” Saivel announced, “feels like shit.” She sat at the table rather grumpily, holding her toast between two fingers and staring at it, as if she could solve her problems just by making it feel bad.

“The hangover hypo takes several minutes for the effects to start,” Kaime told her, back on their PADD again. Saivel grunted.

She laid her head on the table, placing her toast back on the plate. “Why can’t it take a shorter amount of time? Science!” Saivel shook her fist angrily and then just grumbled softly to herself, waiting for the hypo to take effect.

Venia rolled her eyes and sipped at her coffee. “This wouldn’t happen if you hadn’t gotten completely wasted yesterday.”

“Christmas is this week, Venia. Celebration is necessary. Drinking is how I celebrate.” Saivel stared plaintively up at her roommate, who just gave her an unimpressed sort of look.

“Such a pursuit is going to ultimately harm you,” Kaime chided, taking a seat beside Saivel. She turned her eyes to them and made a displeased sort of noise.

“You aren’t my doctor,” she muttered angrily.

Kaime shrugged. “I am a licensed medical practitioner.”

“You and your dumbass alien intelligence.” Saivel pouted and stared down at the table instead of the people around her. Suddenly, she straightened, and turned to Kaime again. “Holy shit. I forgot to show you our Christmas tree.”

Kaime blinked, just as Saivel rapidly stood up from her chair, slamming her hands on the table. “It is the gayest Christmas tree to ever grace the Earth with its presence,” she said with absolute certainty.

Venia choked on her coffee and took a minute to recover, while Saivel went into the other room and pulled out the Christmas tree from the box. Muffled curses were heard. As Venia wiped away coffee from around her mouth, Saivel stepped back into the kitchen.

“I need help to assemble this. Also the hangover hypo finally kicked in, thank god.” She grabbed a hairtie off of the clutter on the table and quickly pulled her hair into a messy ponytail. “Come on, you assholes.”

Kaime stood up first, as Venia was draining her cup and was not going to offer help until she was totally done. With a sigh, they placed their PADD on the table and walked into the other room after Saivel.

The spirit was greeted by the sight of a ridiculously bright rainbow Christmas tree, separated into several different sections. Saivel was already putting the base up, squinting at it to judge its stability. Kaime picked up what appeared to be the next piece and placed it on top of the base, spreading out the leaves somewhat evenly.

They were about halfway done when Venia finally walked into the room. She made an impressed face at their progress. “That is… more than I expected. Sure putting on the ornaments won’t be overdoing it?” She gestured towards the box of ornaments in the corner.

Saivel stuck her tongue out in response and continued putting the tree together. Kaime, being taller, was actually putting the pieces together, while she would flatten the leaves so it didn’t look weird (well, weirder than a rainbow Christmas tree already looked). Venia opened the box of decorations with a grunt and picked out the star from the confusing mass of ornaments.

“Here,” she said, handing the star to Kaime. They took it with a slight nod and gingerly placed it on top of the tree, carefully scrutinizing it to make sure it was secure. Once they were satisfied, they handed the cord to Saivel so she could plug it in. The star sputtered a little before glowing with a rainbow of color.

“Now the rest of the decorations!” Saivel exclaimed gleefully, digging through the box and pulling out decorations one by one. There were several garlands of tinsel in multiple colors; one rainbow again, the other purple, white, grey, and black (at this, Kaime smiled ever so slightly). Then there was a green-and-greyscale one and so many others that Kaime began to calculate exactly how much tinsel could fit on the Christmas tree for fear that the tinsel would take up too much space.

That’s ridiculous. There’s no such thing as too much tinsel, interrupted their thoughts. They shoved the notion away and continued calculating.

Venia looked over at him. “Kaime? Can you hold some of this tinsel so I can start putting it on?”

“One moment—okay, it’ll fit… but you might not be able to fit on all of your other decorations.” Kaime took most of the tinsel from Venia’s arms, and the girl began putting it on the tree, walking around the almost painfully bright thing in a circle.

“Bullshit,” Saivel grunted, pulling out a long string of lights. Kaime noted that these had the same color scheme as the tinsel and was about to reach out to grab them when they realized their hands were already full. Quickly, they threw the tinsel over the tree in a fairly messy manner (Venia started a little, but quickly began neatening the garlands up).

The spirit easily picked up the lights, stringing them around the tree in a similar pattern to the tinsel. Once they had been plugged in, they began to play Christmas music. Kaime gave Saivel a resigned sort of look, to which she just grinned. Venia, meanwhile, was placing other miscellaneous ornaments on the rainbow branches.

She opened her arms wide, turning to the tree. “Well, Kaime? Whatcha think of our Christmas tree?”

“I believe your statement calling it the ‘gayest Christmas tree to ever grace the earth with its presence’ is… valid,” Kaime admitted. Saivel laughed.

“Merry Christmas, you big dumbass.” She wrapped her arms around them in a joyful hug. After standing stunned for a few moments, Kaime hugged her back.

“Merry Christmas, Saivel.”

know how i said arthur and aaron would be introduced?
halfway through i realized that wasnt gonna happen

next chapter?
????
? ? ? ?? ??????

Last edited by elder on Sun May 24, 2015 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content