Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 17 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:42 am

also here's the writing part of chapter fourteen so it, like

makes more sense

Chapter Fourteen

I stared at the apple for a few moments longer, thinking.

Quickly, I clenched my hand into a fist in one swift motion, crushing the apple in the process. Ha. Suddenly I was filled with an odd sense of fulfillment, of glee. I didn’t even try to keep myself from smiling.

My hands were turning gold, and as I looked at the back of my right one, I saw those words again. ‘To the most powerful.’

What do you do to get five from seven?

Subtract two.

Gradually, the ‘to’ began to fade out, until it was as if the word had never been there. ‘The most powerful’ was left behind, the real truth. That was better.

I stood from where I was seated on the bed and purposefully strode over to the canvas, filled now with a million symbols mixing together to form an odd sort of harmony, and perhaps I should have cared about it, but I didn’t. In fact, I didn’t even look at the filled painting, then—instead I clawed at the thing, my nails scraping through the ‘choose,’ ripping through the word.

When my hand reached the lightning, Zeus’ lightning, the only thing that came to mind was rage. Even though it was pointless, I swung my fist at the symbol, proceeding to rip the rest of the canvas apart with renewed energy.

A ragged rip split the canvas in half after only a few seconds, and I pried the two pieces apart, widening the rip. Soon enough the words I knew were there were revealed—‘No choice,’ above a shining golden apple.

There was no choice, and there never was one. It was a double bluff, a trick behind a trick. Mother had planned all this out very well; very well indeed. The gods were lulled into a false sense of security and now, this was finally the time for me to strike. For me to crush their hopes and prove how useless they were, how futile their struggles were against the force of pure, unadulterated Discord.

Mother chuckled her approval from a place that was not there or anywhere, a place that existed beyond existence.

Now that the reality behind the canvas had been revealed, I whirled towards the door. Testing out my newfound power, I held out one hand towards it, and then willed it to break towards myself with a hand gesture.

It did so easily, like a knife through melted butter, and the two pieces clattered to the floor noisily. I stepped onto them and looked through the hallway. My first order of business was to dispose of my ‘friends.’ They would get in Mother’s way otherwise.

How to do the deed, though? I had a practically infinite number of tools at my disposal, but only one came to mind.

My hand was soon filled with flickering flame, burning harmlessly around the gold of my hand. Grinning, I walked forward, reaching my hand out and soon opening Dean’s door.

I opened it slowly, seeing Dean turn to face whoever was entering his room. He barely had the time to look surprised, and then shift his expression into concern, before I had started a fire. It flickered, wavered for a few uncertain moments, and then it settled, blazing brightly and filling his room with a light.

With a wave of my hand, it grew to nearly double the size.

Predictably, he yelped in surprise, eyes widening, but I expanded the flame until it filled the room. Soon he was engulfed in the blaze, and the momentary horror on his face did not affect me in any way, only widen my grin. The fire continued to grow until it was in the doorway, mere inches away from where I stood.

For a few moments I laughed to myself at the sight, but then I realized suddenly that someone was intending to attack me from behind. I took the time to roll my eyes before dealing with them—presumably another one of my ‘friends.’

Abruptly, I turned on my heel and came face to face with none other than Brad. He must have been alerted by Dean’s yell.

His eyes were black, so dark that they had no shine to them. Vaguely, I was aware of the fact that he was yelling something at me, but it barely registered, even though I could see his face contorted into anger, his mouth wide open and screaming. I stood there, completely still, as he ran towards me, waiting for the right moment. Fortunately, the demon was too blinded by rage to realize that something was up.

I extended my arm and caught him in the chest, hand still aflame. Momentarily the wind was knocked out of him; he made a choked sound as he stumbled backwards. His shirt was now aflame, and judging from the way he winced as he continued to move away from me, I had burned him considerably.

Eventually, his back hit the wall, and he slumped down, one leg still extended, the other bent. The demon supported himself with his right hand while his left moved towards his chest, despite the fact he knew quite well there was nothing he could do to stop the flame from spreading and destroying his vessel.

With a wicked grin, I snapped my fingers.

Within moments the fire had grown to such a size that it completely engulfed him. Brad did not even have the time to choke out a pained scream before he was too far gone for even the slightest glimmer of hope.

Two down, two to go. And in such a short time, even. Mother was proud of me; I knew this for a fact.

With that notion in my head, I turned and headed away from the flame. I knew exactly where to find my next target.

I walked quietly on the soft carpet, descending the stairs both quickly and without a single noise. Max was standing there, facing away from me. She tapped her foot nervously, glancing this way and that as if she were afraid something might come out and attack her. Funnily enough, that would not be an unfounded train of thought.

Perhaps that was why she turned when I was still some distance from her, just at the foot of the stairs. The kitsune bared her teeth, her white tail flicking with obvious anger. I smiled at her; no matter how powerful a kitsune was, none was a match for me.

In the blink of an eye, the girl was gone. In her place was a fox, with ruby-red eyes and blinding white fur. Nine tails floated serenely behind her, even as she bared her teeth at me. Still I kept my smile, confident in my abilities.

A plume of flame came for me. Fire? I barely managed to keep myself from laughing as I easily manipulated the fire. It bent around my arm and settled in between my hands, ready to manipulate.

Seeing that her first approach was useless, Max approached me, but I spread my hands apart, forming a wall of flame between me and her. This was a miscalculation.

The kitsune had nothing to fear from flame. She leapt at me, teeth clenching down on my arm, drawing spurts of golden blood. I let out a yell of pain, extinguishing the useless flame at once. Gripping onto her neck with my free hand, I dug my nails into her flesh, drawing blood as red as her eyes.

She loosened her grip on my arm, and I flung her at the wall, hearing a satisfying crack as the back of her head connected with it.

Quickly, I sealed the wounds. They were no issue at all; in fact, they only made the next part more satisfying. I held my open palm up to the wall before clenching my hand into a fist and punching straight through it.

Cracks were already spreading from the hole as I looked through. Elder, shocked, whirled around to face me, ears flattening against her head as she realized exactly what had occurred. Her theory had been right all along.

Ha.

As the wall shuddered and more pieces began to fall from it as a result of the breach, I took advantage of the fact, bringing the shards under my control. They floated around me, gently moving through the air.

There was an odd sort of distortion behind me, and then the comfortable, familiar presence of Mother. She placed her hand gently on my shoulder, communicating her satisfaction with what I had done so far.

Extending my hand, I formed a miniature tornado with the shards of stone, but Mother guided my hand toward a different pursuit quickly.

Forcefully, she slammed her palm into the ground, forming cracks immediately. Elder’s eyes widened as the ground began to shake, the cracks rapidly spreading in a spider web formation. Soon, they were climbing up the walls, rough-edged pieces breaking off and falling down.

Elder looked at me with pure terror in her eyes, but Mother and I only smiled as the cracks spread even further, and the ceiling began raining down upon us.

Good job, son, she said. Now let’s go home.

Then there was blackness.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 am

aand epilogue. damn. i wrote a lot today, actually.

Epilogue

I know what I am. I’m nothing but a weapon, nothing but a puppet, a tool for her to use. Nothing but a pawn, just a piece she played and—and she devastated her opponent, completely destroyed them, scattered their forces.

I don’t know how long it’s been, and I don’t want to know how long it’s been. Some part of me wants to pretend that it never happened at all. I think Mo—I think Eris realized that, and so she forced me to relive it.

She just shoved a computer at me with Word already opened. I looked at her weirdly.

“Type up your story, hon,” she said in that sickly sweet voice of hers. I hate her voice. It’s like a million voices in one, none of them quite fitting together, their echo oddly hollow. Eris’ voice sends chills down my spine.

After a little experimentation, I found that Word was literally the only thing I could open. There were two other documents open; the chatlogs I’ve pasted into this thing previously, and also…

…what you just saw.

I didn’t look at it. I think she must’ve forced me to write it when I was… under her control. I don’t remember most of it very clearly and I don’t want to, but the very thought of it makes me feel sick. Because the parts I remember clearly are the looks on their faces.

Guy’s was one of betrayal. He looked lost more than anything; confused, almost as if he wasn’t sure if it was dream or reality. I think remembering his face is the worst because he wasn’t angry or enraged; no, he was confused.

He was betrayed. By me.

God. God fucking dammit.

Luckily (ha! Luckily) Bloons’ face was mostly obscured by flame. But I remember a split second where his mouth was open in a silent scream, where his eyes were the deepest, darkest, black and yet I could see the pure terror in them. He looked human. Right before he died.

Some part of me says that it was just a vessel but something in me knows that it wasn’t just a vessel. I don’t know how I know or—if maybe I’m just crazy and beating myself up about… about it excessively.

Max was a fox at the time. I’m not sure if that made it any better though. Because I’m no master at reading fox expressions, but I saw her shock and fear because there was blood pouring out of her neck—red, red, blood, oh God, sickeningly red. Red like her eyes, her eyes terrified, her eyes afraid.

Sometimes I wake up from a nightmare and I feel like her blood’s on my hands. Again. Again.

And then…

There was Elder.

And she, she looked at me with shock, with surprise, her eyes wide with the realization of what was about to happen, of what was happening (gold eyes—gold like I was, gold like Mo—no, no, different, no part of her could be compared to Eris). Her mouth was open as if she were about to say something, plead for her life to be spared.

But then in the moment when the ceiling came down on us I saw her expression shift. She swallowed and looked me right in the eyes.

She was resigned to her fate. She accepted her death.

She had been right and because she was right she was going to die. And I think maybe kitsune and kumiho are supposed to be kind of immortal or some bullshit but—but like with Brad, I feel like… I did something.

And they’re gone.

Forever.

Because of me—no, because of her.

Fuck Eris.

At first she popped by rather frequently and made small talk and called me all these stupid pet names but I kept to myself and refused to talk to her. I think she got annoyed because of that. She said something about me being disrespectful and ungrateful, but I ignored her.

After that her visits became less frequent, which I was glad for, in all honesty. Something about her was just so wrong, so twisted.

And here she comes, the worst person—person? No, not a person—that I’ve ever known. Striding in the fucking room like she owns it.

Which she does, actually. I should file a complaint. This is the worst hospital room I’ve ever seen. Actually, is it a hospital room, for that matter?

What? What do you need this for? At least leave me the logs—not even the logs? Why? Do you have to take everything?

Please don’t.

What the hell are you getting from this? Are you enjoying my pain? Fuck you. You’re not getting this fucking laptop. And you’re not going to use me anymore. I’m not your damn puppet, you bitch.

I’ll find a way. I’ll find a way and then I won’t be your weapon, not anymore. You can’t control me if I’m dead.

Oh, apparently my job’s already done? Then why are you keeping me alive? You might as well just let me die. If I’m useless, then we’d both like that, hmm? Am I incorrect?

I said you’re not getting the laptop. I said no. I said no.

I SAID N

will we ever get a really definite ending for this? nah. i'll leave it fairly open-ended as to what happens next.

why? ...because i'm an asshole.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm not sure whether I should say thank-you or cry.

But way to go with the over-decorated Christmas tree! I'd love to see that tacky-ass thing in real life.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 pm

it probably falls over eventually and saivel and venia are like 'goodnight sweet prince' and kaime is like '...you guys are weird'

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

BAHAHAHAHA

I can totally see them doing that oh my gosh.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 am

i wasnt happy with like the last half of what ive written of tpnd chapter one so far so uh yeah

heres some songs i associate with each au/listen to while writing them

jsyk i literally will listen to anything and everything, so uh yeah

tpnd: IAMX - Volatile Times
Bastille - Bad Blood

teen!lox: where saivel's involved, that swag alexander mix
if we're talking kaise then we're talking mr. sandman

music metaphor: more than the others, uh
the passing by edmund butt
icarus by bastille
noah gundersen - david

star trek au: Detektivbyrån - Life/Universe

mm2: *shrug*

tfc: Sabrepulse - A Girl I Know

yeh

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:07 am

Chapter One: Ignorance is Bliss (Or So They Say)

“Saivel,” Venia said, looking straight into her roommate’s eyes. “You aren’t bringing him where I think you’re bringing him, are you?”

Saivel rolled her eyes. “I’m bringing him to Esther’s Café, V, not his territory.” Still, Venia twirled a strand of hair nervously around her finger.

“Hasn’t he been expanding recently, though?” The girl bit her lip as Saivel tugged on a grey sweatshirt.

“As far as the café? No way.” Saivel scoffed, stuffing her hands into her pockets. “Anyway, a glimpse of D—” she caught herself and swallowed, then continued. “His territory would teach our new neighbor something he probably needs to know.”

Venia looked doubtful. “Be careful, ‘Vel.” Saivel waved goodbye and rolled her eyes.

“When I’m dead, V!” she called back, then hurried to find Arthur.

*~*~*~*

“Why are you in Citadel, of all the places on Xia? It’s…” Saivel paused, eyes flickering towards the horizon and then back to Arthur beside her. “It’s a dangerous place, for you, being a policeman and all.”

She watched him carefully for his reaction, hiding her eyes with a quick swipe of her hand to clear her hair out of her face. Arthur paused, looking off into the distance with a thoughtful look on his face. For a few moments there was silence as he chewed on the inside of his cheek. Saivel turned on her heel to face him, standing a few feet ahead.

“It’s my job,” Arthur said with a resigned sort of sigh. “I… I don’t particularly agree with the regulations, but…” He shuffled his feet and cleared his throat. “It’s my job and I… I don’t want to leave it, and anyway I can’t.”

“You can’t?” That was a new piece of information. They can’t leave the force? Saivel bit her lip. That… complicates things. How could she fault someone for something they had no choice in?

“Too many people left in the first few days. The governor made it considerably harder to leave, then. Almost impossible.” Arthur shook his head ruefully, looking over at Saivel. “I should’ve left with the others. Now I’ve been forced to move to Citadel. And… I’m guessing the rumors are true?”

Saivel laughed a harsh laugh. “Policemen aren’t too popular around here.” She turned around again and started walking. “Those that don’t respond to bribes… they end up hurt, or even dead if they’re unlucky.”

“I could’ve gone without that information,” Arthur remarked ruefully. He caught up with Saivel easily. “So where exactly are we heading, anyway?”

“Esther’s Café. V and I frequent the place. It’s… about ten minutes walking?” Darkblithe’s claim is fifteen minutes away in that direction, Saivel assured herself, ignoring the fact she was rounding up. There’s no way he’s expanded that far since we last went there; he’s not that daring.

Really there was no telling how daring Darkblithe would be. Even though he was outnumbered two to one, he knew perfectly well the extent of his power compared to Lucian and Chrono. And so he constantly edged out his claim. Not all could sense it, only those carefully attuned to the magic of Citadel. Lucian had gifted all his tenants with talismans to warn them when they were getting too close to Darkblithe’s territory.

As the two approached Esther’s café, Saivel’s talisman remained inert, which Saivel thanked God for. Venia’s concerns were evidently unfounded. She held open the door for Arthur with a smile, chatting about trivial topics like what breed of cat Kaime was (she doubted Arthur would accept ‘he’s kind of a powerful spirit’ as an answer).

Bells jingled softly as Arthur entered, commenting something about how guys were supposed to open the door for girls.

“Pssh, is your masculinity that fragile?” Saivel remarked in return, and he just laughed and waited for her to follow him in.

It took all of four seconds for Saivel to realize something was seriously wrong. First of all, there were supposed to be more talismans above the door, where the bells hung. Second of all, the reason there was no warmth from her talisman warning her of Darkblithe’s territory was that she did not have the talisman with her. Third, there was nobody else in the café, which was odd; it was very popular.

Finally, Darkblithe was standing approximately fifteen feet away from her, smiling (grimacing, more like) at the poor barista, Sarah.

No one had properly identified Darkblithe; all anyone knew was that he was some type of spirit, and he was definitely very, very dangerous. He was instantly recognizable by most anyone who lived in the Xyla borough of Citadel, as he tended to wear a black hoodie under which he hid jet black hair and devious hazel eyes. However, his main identifiable trait was not his clothing, but rather the two dull, black curved horns which curled in a circular sort of shape to the sides of his head, not dissimilar to a goat.

Some people said he was some form of demon, and Saivel was inclined to agree with them.

As if sensing her presence (and he likely did), Darkblithe turned to her with false surprise. “Saivel Athess.” A smirk flittered across his face. “What could you be doing here?” He stepped towards her, challenging Saivel to do something.

Shit shit shit. What had been intended to be a distracting outing where she would get to know Arthur better and appraise his threat had suddenly turned into a disastrous encounter where she was very, very threatened. “Darkblithe,” she hissed through her teeth. Did he know she didn’t have the talisman? She’d come in to the café—of course she didn’t have the talisman.

Arthur’s gaze flickered from Saivel to Darkblithe. Shit shit shit Athess. He has to recognize that name. Saivel struggled to swallow, painfully aware of the sound of her heart beating. Shit.

“Yes?” Darkblithe stood there, hands behind his back, a smug expression on his face. Saivel had to think, and think fast. The spirit was not particularly known for his kindness to Lucian’s tenants.

Saivel’s gaze met Arthur’s for a split second as she glanced around, looking for an escape route. Darkblithe could easily cut her off before she got to the door and—

Arthur had a gun.

At first there was a wave of relief, and then suddenly panic, even worse panic. Arthur could not stand against Darkblithe. He’d die. The spirit would laugh and with a wave of his hand the policeman would never be seen again.

“Put you—” Saivel stumbled over to Arthur, clumsily slapping her hand over his mouth. He looked at her with obvious shock but did not put the gun down. Darkblithe took the sight in with amusement.

“Put what?” he snarled, leaning closer in, baring his teeth.

“Put your ass the hell out of Lucian’s territory,” Saivel blurted before she had time to realize what she was saying. Hazel eyes met her own brown ones, which momentarily flashed purple. Something that sounded almost like a growl reverberated through the café as Darkblithe narrowed his eyes.

Something cold was touching Saivel’s arm. She glanced quickly downwards and remembered—policemen’s badges nullify magic. At that point in time she almost felt like breaking out into laughter. Instead she removed her hand from Arthur’s mouth, snatched the badge off of him, and pressed it into Darkblithe’s face.

Or at least, she tried to press it into Darkblithe’s face. His arm came up immediately to block her hand, but he stumbled back nonetheless as he came into contact with the thing. Saivel immediately dragged Arthur with her to the exit as he finally put the damn gun down.

“Run!” she yelled as soon as they were out of the café, and though he looked at her with confusion, the policeman did as she said. For several minutes, Saivel was aware only of the sound of their breathing and concrete beneath their feet.

Scenery passed by them in a blur; she caught a snatch of a tree, the word ‘orthodontist,’ and then she reached her hand out and winced as Arthur inadvertently barreled into her arm.

“Sorry!” he apologized immediately, but Saivel was too out of breath to do anything but look him in the eyes and nod, which she hoped communicated enough.

She put her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. “I think… we’re far… enough…” she panted out, the sound of her heart beating in her ears, the rhythm as regular as a metronome. Arthur managed a tired smile.

“Who was that?” he gasped out, lifting his head up to look at Saivel. She blinked and matched his gaze.

“You don’t… you don’t know?”

Arthur shook his head. Saivel gaped. How ignorant is this guy, and he comes in to Citadel and tells us to abandon our way of life? she snapped mentally.

“That was Darkblithe,” she explained. “Some powerful spirit, nobody knows exactly what type. One of the three that lord over the Xyla district.” Saivel took a breath in and then continued. “Looks like he expanded his territory to Esther’s Café. Damn shame.”

“Wait… that means there are two others like him?”

Saivel looked down at her hand, realizing she was still holding Arthur’s badge, a cold reminder of what he was. “…yes.”

“Who are they?” Arthur wasn’t tired anymore, his eyes lighting up with curiosity.

It probably wouldn’t be the best to tell Arthur his landlord was one of the feyfolk. …or about Chrono, either, for that matter. “I don’t know,” she lied through her teeth. “Darkblithe’s dangerous, so he’s everyone’s only concern.” Mental note: tell Venia to keep her mouth shut about Lucian and Chrono.

“Why hasn’t anyone done anything?” And Saivel let out a harsh guffaw, finally straightening up. Her hair was a mess, her forehead shining with sweat.

“Do anything? To Darkblithe?” She laughed again. “No one dares. Policemen are either bribed or killed. There’s no sorcerer in this city who could take him on.”

There was once, some part of her said, but she shoved it out of her mind. She was telling the truth; Lucian and Chrono barely managed to keep him back with their combined strength. Ah, yes—she had to tell Lucian about Darkblithe expanding. Another mental note.

Arthur stood up, studying Saivel carefully. She narrowed her eyes just slightly at him. “What is it?”

“Your last name…” he paused, uncertain. Oh God, Darkblithe had said it, Saivel remembered. “Athess?”

Saivel shifted his badge in her hand, one point poking into her flesh painfully. It shone in the light, too pretty for something that belonged to someone so terrible.

“Here’s your badge back,” she said, extending her hand for him to take it back.

“Your last name,” Arthur repeated.

Her hand shook, just slightly. “My name is Saivel. Saivel Mei Athess. Happy?” she snapped, turning her hand over and dropping the badge on the ground. For a moment the reflected light shone on a particular spot on her wrist, which she hurriedly covered up. Fuck. Normally she could display that tattoo and people would regard her with respect, maybe even show her their own; but with a policeman? It could mean her doom.

“Your father?...” Arthur trailed off, feeling as if he was going too far but filled with a terrible need to know.

Saivel gave him a hard look, her lips pressed into a line. “Ignorance,” she spat vehemently, “is bliss.” And with that, she walked off, leaving him behind.

Arthur stared after her for some time, then picked up his badge and shoved it roughly into his pocket. He found himself unable to follow after her even though he knew he was going to get hopelessly lost otherwise. Ignorance is bliss. He closed his eyes and suddenly felt guilt weighing down on him. Or so they say.

Brown eyes opened once again and Arthur laughed a laugh without humor.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 am

basically: saivel takes arthur out for coffee, but it goes terribly wrong.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:11 am

my brain just went "hey. what about a cinderella au. and you know what music you should listen to? love somebody by maroon 5. jussayin'"

i wanna do it or if not a cinderella au just a one shot where there's a ball for whatever reason, idk

(mostly i just want saivel wearing a fox mask and fuse is a wolf or smthn)

(also if you're wondering who's cinderella then it's obv fuse. dragon is fairy godmother. or if we're going brothers grimm then the doves are actually small dragons. this makes perfect sense.

also saivel is the prince, i think. i like both kaise and fusel and i dONT KNOW IF I LIKE ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER so im just gonna be seesawing between the two)

(i dont think im going brothers grimm version *sweats* the doves p e c k e d o u t t h e s t e p s i s t e r ' s e y e s)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:14 am

you know what i might just write saivel and fuse hosting a ball and good fun times

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Even though I don't like Cinderella, I'm interested in reading it.

Also, my Fusel fanmix is getting out of hand and is way more angsty than I originally planned.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Good.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Chapter Four: Brown

Kaime sat down on a chair they’d brought into the room and sighed, giving Fuse a cursory glance. The Chaos Lord had been slipping in and out of consciousness since the two girls had left, never seeming fully aware of what was happening. The spirit had tried to coax some answers out of Fuse as to their location but only got unseeing stares from wide, purple eyes. Kaime swept the hair out of his face and turned back to their ‘patient’ as the bundle of blankets stirred.

“Fuse,” they whispered. “Hello?”

Fuse’s eyes opened suddenly and he tumbled over abruptly, breathing heavily, sweat shining on his skin. Before Kaime had the time to react he coughed into his fist, a terrible sharp noise. The Lord’s hand came away covered in purple.

“Fuse?” Kaime asked, tentatively reaching out a hand towards Fuse. He turned to face the spirit, a wild look in his eyes.

His shoulders relaxed, the frantic energy drained from his body and replaced with exhaustion. “Kaime,” Fuse croaked hoarsely, voice scratchy with disuse. He managed a rueful smile. “Thank the Lords.”

“You’re lucid, finally.” Kaime grabbed the glass of water from the end table and handed it to Fuse, who took it thankfully. “You probably need more rest, but we all need answers moreso.” This earned them a bewildered look as Fuse downed the glass in a matter of seconds.

“What?” he gasped out, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. Kaime frowned, furrowing their brow.

The spirit leaned forward, elbows on their knees. “Where are we, Fuse?” they almost whispered.

Fuse just kept giving him a confused look. “The Citadel…?” His voice sounded oddly uncertain, and Kaime was afraid the Chaos Lord would slip back into half-awareness.

Instead of voicing their concern, Kaime barked out a laugh. “Where’s the Citadel would be a better question.”

“Its normal place,” Fuse said, concern showing on his face. “What?...”

A chill ran down Kaime’s spine. “Fuse…” they began, then paused, licked their lips, and continued. “…what’s the last thing you remember?”

There was silence for several moments, but it seemed to last forever. Fuse set the glass back on the end table and stared straight into Kaime’s eyes, hiding his terror behind a façade of calm. Even so, the spirit could tell Fuse’s hands were shaking.

“I… I went to sleep. I was tired.” Fuse swallowed and looked down at his hands. “…no, I wasn’t, not really, but I was?” He shook his head, confused, while Kaime watched him carefully. “And then I had some weird dreams…”

“What happened?”

“Hmm?” Fuse looked up with a slight frown.

“In your dream—what happened?” Kaime gazed at Fuse with an implaceable sort of look in their eyes; worry, curiosity? The Lord couldn’t tell. Averting his eyes, he tried to piece together what he remembered and began to speak.

*~*~*~*

The world was a fire, stiflingly hot, pinpricks of burning pain on his skin. It surrounded Fuse in a blinding blaze, long arms clawing at him, tugging at his very being. He choked and retched as they pulled, unwilling to give up. Realization struck—he was not the target, but something else, something rooted deep inside of him.

Despite Fuse’s resistance, his legs moved jerkily, taking one step forward, another one. He clenched his jaw and struggled. This force would not win, not if he had anything to say about it. Then there were sharp, needle-thin claws digging into his arm, and the Lord had no choice but to cry out in pain.

Hot and sticky, blood ran over his skin, mingling with his sweat. Was it blood? How could he know? What did he care?

There was a sword in his hand, his fingers wrapped tightly around the hilt. Dazed, Fuse looked down at it and found himself unable to let go, as if his fingers were frozen. Lurching forward unbidden, he clashed the blade with another invisible one. His unseen enemy drew back and the Lord almost fell over, his power leaving him by the second.

Sensing his enemy again, Fuse mustered up his energy to defend himself once again. Why did he have a sword? Why no shield? Why was he so damn tired? Question after question filled his mind, and he was struggling to defend himself against this unknown attacker.

“What do you want?” the Lord of Chaos yelled into the storm, but his words were shredded by razor wind, white-hot blades slashing at his face, at his arms.

Then he realized that this must be death; this suffocating, pressing heat, needle-sharp pain filling his senses. This feeling that he was being drained, emptied of any strength that he had ever had. He was dying here, his invisible foe death. A dry laugh escaped him.

Still, the sword would not slip from his hand. Fuse fell to his knees, stabbing the tip of it firmly into the ground to keep him upright. Even so something drove him to clash his blade with his foe’s, while his only wish was to give up, to stop. What point was it to fight death? It came for everyone; even him, even a Chaos Lord.

And then something broke through the terrible heat, the stifling fire. It was liquid crystal, brilliant and clear. The world itself wrapped around him, choking out his breath, and then—with a gasp, he was
alive.

He was alive.

*~*~*~*

With an eye for detail, Kaime watched Fuse. Sweat still shone on his skin and the Lord’s brown hair was disheveled. Dark bags were evident beneath his still-wide eyes, and he was shaking, hands clenched into tight fists on his lap. Fuse breathed in, slowly, and then exhaled, eyes flicking to look at Kaime.

“You don’t remember waking up earlier?” Kaime asked softly. Fuse shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, completely failing to make it any less messy.

“No, nothing.” Fuse sighed, his hand resting on the back of his neck. “…what happened?”

“We crashed,” Kaime managed to get out before Fuse went into another violent coughing fit, making the spirit wince with the harsh noise. They reached out a hesitant hand to pat Fuse on the back, but the Lord hardly noticed.

By the time he recovered, Kaime had refilled the glass of water, and Fuse took it with a purple-stained hand, downing it swiftly.

It was a long minute before Fuse finally spoke. “What were you saying?”

“The Citadel crashed,” Kaime repeated. Fuse frowned, but said nothing. “You told us we were heading ‘somewhere special’ but it was a ‘surprise.’” Fuse opened his mouth to speak, but Kaime silenced him with a look. “No matter how much we prodded, you refused to tell us anything. I don’t know if the place we crashed is your intended destination.”

Nowhere was my intended destination,” Fuse muttered. “I don’t remember any of this.” After a short pause, he added, “What day is it?”

“The fifteenth.”

Fuse’s eyes widened. “Oh no. I don’t remember… three days. Three days where…” He swallowed. “Something else…”

“…controlled you?” Kaime finished. Fuse nodded silently, a sudden sort of empty feeling spreading throughout him, and he shivered. “Are you alright?” Kaime asked worriedly.

The look Fuse gave him answered enough. “No. I… I don’t know. I feel… empty,” the Lord almost whispered. He looked suddenly helpless. “And sick,” he muttered as an afterthought, standing up from the bed. Though he wobbled at first and his legs threatened to fail, he refused Kaime’s offer of help.

By the time Fuse reached the door, he had to stop to rest a minute against the wall. Once again he heard Kaime’s soft offer of help and shook his head. He could make this. It was a short walk; a fucking short walk.

He could make it.

Pushing himself roughly off of the wall, Fuse stumbled forward clumsily, having to prop himself up against the opposite wall after a few steps. Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit. His legs shook and threatened to collapse under him, but Fuse closed his eyes and took another few deep breaths.

He almost felt like laughing, but kept himself from doing so for fear of another coughing fit. Opening his eyes he surged forward another time, managing more steps than the last time before he had to support himself on the opposite wall.

At least the zigzag route Fuse was taking was working and he hadn’t simply fallen over in the middle of the hallway. Regret flashed in his mind; he should’ve accepted Kaime’s offer for help. But he was determined to make this himself.

It was a long few minutes before he practically collapsed on the floor of the bathroom, bile rising up in the back of his throat. Fuse struggled to his feet and forced it back down, breathing deeply. Turning on the faucet, he cupped his hands and splashed water over his face.

After patting his face dry, Fuse placed his hands on the counter and stared into the mirror. What he saw made his breath catch in his throat.

One of his eyes was brown.

Last edited by elder on Sat May 23, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:32 am

Oh no. Ohnoohnoohno.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:06 am

*evil laughter in the background*

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 pm

chapter five: a melody cannot last forever

“How long are you going to be staying here?”

The question was sudden and caught Saivel off guard. She hadn’t exactly planned out her little outing; only that she wanted to be gone for a few days and packed enough to last her a week at most. Instead of answering, she swallowed, thinking it over. “I don’t know,” she admitted. “A few days, maybe.”

The soft thud of her glass hitting the counter was eerily loud. Venia appeared to be processing this new information. “Well,” she said, stretching out the word as if stalling for time, “if you wanted to, you could stay with me.”

For a moment, Saivel stared at Venia with a blank expression. There was no way she had just said what Saivel thought she had said. “I… what?”

“It’s entirely up to you,” Venia hurriedly said, but Saivel shook her head to silence her.

“No—are you really asking me to stay with you? As a guest?”

“Yes?” Venia smiled as Saivel’s eyes widened.

She shook her head once more, a smile finding its way onto her face. “You’ve barely known me for a day, and you invite me into your home. I don’t know what to think about you, Venia. I’ve never known anyone like you before.”

“Think of me as your new best friend,” Venia said, grinning. She waited eagerly for Saivel’s answer and practically leaped out of her chair with glee when the older woman nodded yes, a confused smile on her face.

“If you say so, Venia.”

“I do. So, you go get your stuff, and we can be on our way quickly. If we walk fast enough, I figure we can get there before it’s time for dinner.” The girl blurted this out quickly, and Saivel just chuckled and did as she said.

“Alright. You’re so demanding, girl.”

“Ah!” The exclamation came suddenly as Venia remembered something. “Call me V, okay? It’s shorter.”

“Call me ‘Vel, then,” Saivel replied with a smile, not waiting to hear Venia’s response. She hurried up the stairs, the sound of her feet drumming against the wood a metronomic, constant beat.

The sound soon faded away into complete silence. Venia, knowing it would be a matter of minutes, stretched, and yawned, and waited.

*~*~*~*

“Alright. So that guy said she headed east from here…” Aaron paused, studying the map lying on the table in front of him. “…she’s probably in Cardon.”

“Probably?” Kaime replied nervously, a touch of irritation creeping into their voice. ‘Probably’ wasn’t good enough to find Saivel.

With a sigh, Aaron said, “We can’t know for sure, but at the least we can head there and ask aound. Fortunately for us, it’s just a few hours from here on horseback.” He paused, sorting through his thoughts. Yes, he’d left his horse stabled at the inn; but his companion… “How did you get here?”

“Hmm?” Kaime raised an eyebrow at the question.

“How did you get here? On horse? If so, that would make things easier,” Aaron explained, rolling up the map as he spoke. He shoved it roughly into his pack and looked at Kaime for the answer.

“I…” An unexpected harsh laugh sounded; Kaime thought the question ridiculous for whatever reason. “…don’t need a horse.”

“Oh?” Now Aaron raised an eyebrow. “You live nearby—”

“No, not that,” Kaime interrupted, their voice suddenly dropping to a hushed tone. “It’s a different sort of reason. Something I’d prefer to talk about when we’re out of town.”

It appeared the person had some secret of their own. Aaron held back laughter; in that way, at least, the two were similar.

As if on cue, Aaron remembered that he hadn’t fed since meeting with his potential employer, after which he had ran out of the town immediately. Experience had taught him that it was best not to anger someone who knew how to hire assassins. Even though he was fully capable of defending himself, the vampire preferred not to waste his time on needless conflict when he could be earning himself some coin.

Aaron inhaled slowly, struggling to ignore the tantalizing scent of blood around him. Then a thought formed in his mind—wait came first, and then he exhaled, breathed in deeply. Ignoring his hunger was easy with this newfound question needing answers. Disregarding caution, Aaron studied Kaime carefully as the person looked away, considering this strange scent carefully.

This was not blood. It was something different. How it differed Aaron did not know—no, he did. The scent was an earthy sort of smell, inhuman somehow, carrying a tinge of foreign power with it that made the vampire narrow his eyes. What exactly was Kaime? They were distinctly inhuman and now that Aaron knew he could see it somehow, in the awkward, stiff stance, in the way Kaime’s expressions were more muted, like they had to think them through before putting them on their face.

Instead of voicing his thoughts directly, Aaron took a more indirect route. He cleared his throat and then asked, in a soft voice, “What do you mean by that?”

“Exactly what I said,” Kaime replied vaguely, giving Aaron a look that felt as if it pierced his soul.

“I guess I won’t get any answers right now then,” Aaron sighed. He stood and faced Kaime, mapping out his plan. “Alright, I’ll go get my horse. Meet me by the east road leaving the city.” He gestured in the direction of said path. Kaime nodded in acknowledgemnt and the vampire left quickly.

*~*~*~*

Aaron arrived at the eastern road after about a quarter of an hour, leading his horse behind him. Kaime mumbled something that could’ve been a greeting but was unintelligible even to the vampire’s sharp sense of hearing.

Aaron decided not to be too bothered about what the person (no, not person, he knew that for a fact) had said and instead mounted the horse with a grunt. Kaime looked up at him but said nothing, so Aaron took initiative instead.

“There’s no one around,” he began, and watched Kaime carefully, but he said nothing. “It ought to be safe for you to share exactly why you don’t need a horse. What is it?”

And then Kaime was gone in a blur and in their place was a panther, sleek and jet black, eyes Kaime’s dark green. It growled a low growl in Kaime’s voice. “I’ll explain on the way. Let’s go.”

Stunned, Aaron decided that now was not the time to potentially get mauled by a panther, and did as he was told. He kicked lightly at the side of the horse, which nickered and accelerated into a gallop after some further encouragement. The panther easily kept pace with the horse, to Aaron’s surprise.

“So?” he asked into the wind whipping past him.

“I am a forest spirit,” the panther replied, and Aaron marveled at the fact that it could speak, and calmly, while it was running along. “This allows me to change my form if I so wish.”

“A forest spirit?” He almost laughed at the blunt explanation of what some considered fairy tales, but reconsidered. “…what are you doing here?” From the little snatches he had heard of the beings, they never left their forests.

“Looking for Saivel,” Kaime said. That was the end of their conversation.

*~*~*~*

In the span of a few seconds, Kaime was a human again. They tried to neaten up their hair and breathed in deeply, trying to identify if Saivel was in the near vicinity.

Aaron trotted up to them, then swung easily off of his horse. “We’re still on the edge of the city. I doubt she’s nearby,” he remarked, observing the area. Nobody seemed to be around, for that matter; they were likely in their homes, this late in the afternoon.

“She is,” Kaime said. “…she was, rather.” Gesturing for Aaron to follow him, the spirit walked away, not even bothering to check back to see if the vampire was trailing after them. Aaron gave a noncommittal sort of grunt and followed, the horse nickering softly.

The two walked in silence, Kaime stopping every few seconds and standing impossibly still, then continuing with increased urgency. As time passed, Aaron grew impatient.

“How close are we, Mister forest spirit?” he hissed at length, Kaime giving him a warning look before replying.

“Very. Saivel!” Aaron almost shut Kaime up, but a black-haired woman came around the corner, brown eyes filled with confusion. A young girl was with her, her own black hair streaked with green, large grey eyes flicking between everyone around.

“Kaime?” Saivel asked incredulously. “What the hell are you—”

“You’re not safe,” Kaime interrupted her, completely disregarding the other girl. “You have to come home.”

“Vel?” The girl’s eyes widened at Kaime’s announcement.

Saivel said nothing, biting her lip instead. “What’s the other guy here for?”

“Curiosity,” Kaime said, before Aaron stepped in front of them.

“Someone wants you dead and I want to know why.”

Something changed in Saivel’s expression, but it was gone in a second. “Chaos Lords,” she snapped, “are unpopular.” The other girl looked at her, eyes pleading for an explanation. Saivel turned around to face her. “V, I guess it’s goodbye. Stay safe—”

“I’m coming with you,” ‘V’ stated firmly. “Until I get an explanation for all this, at least.”

Saivel sighed. “Alright. But let’s go.”

“You don’t have any idea why someone would want you dead?” Aaron noticed that Saivel looked away from him as he asked the question.

“I already said,” she told him, but there was something strained in her voice. “Let’s go.”

Last edited by elder on Sat May 23, 2015 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 am

THE THING ABOUT HTA IDEA FOR A CINDERELLA AU IS THAT IT GAVE ME THREE IDEAS

1: actual cinderella au, fuse is cinderella, saivel is the prince

p much follows the plotline of cinderella

2: there are things that are meant to be and we are not one of them (but damn if we won't go down fighting)
saivel and fuse meet at a ball that fuse' kingdom is hosting and fall in love. the only issue is that the kingdoms are basically the farthest from allies you can get without being solidly in enemy territory

3: a challenge and a masquerade
after the events of xia, everything is settled down. saivel and fuse decide to celebrate their wedding with a five day long ball. saivel proposes a challenge: each of them will wear a different costume each day, and they have to try and find the other. whoever wins can request one thing of the loser. fuse agrees.

basically im gonna write them all because im trash

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:44 am

also the rough order of how they're gonna go is 3, 2, 1

have 3's prologue

A Challenge and a Masquerade

Prologue

Fuse blew out a noisy breath. “Why, exactly,” he complained, “do we have to have a five-day ball—a masquerade, for that matter—to celebrate our wedding?” Seeing Saivel’s expression, the Chaos Lord hastily added, “I mean, I understand that it’s a big deal, but… five days, Saivel. I’m not sure I’ll be able to stand that.”

Giving herself a cursory glance in the mirror, Saivel laughed. “Aren’t you excited, though? Five days isn’t that long; it’s not like we’ll be dancing all the time.” She turned to look at her fiancé. “And we can’t forget what it’s leading up to.”

At the sight of Fuse’s morose face, Saivel walked over to him, tilting her head with a smile and trying to get him to do the same too. “It won’t be that bad, you baby.” An idea lit up her eyes. “Tell you what, Fuse; let’s liven it up a little, hmm? A little game for us to play. A challenge, I guess.”

“What sort of game?” Fuse asked, trying to hide his curiosity. Still, Saivel knew him well enough to see he was intrigued.

“It’s a masquerade, so everyone will be wearing costumes,” she began, gauging Fuse’s reaction carefully. He just raised an eyebrow, mutely asking her to continue. “We’ll wear different ones every day and you’ll try to find me, and I’ll try to find you. Whoever finds the other first wins, and whoever wins the most of all five days gets to request one thing of the loser.”

“And the loser has to grant it?”

“Well of course,” Saivel said with a roll of her eyes. “What would be the point otherwise?”

Fuse chuckled, predictably. “Alright, I’ll play,” he agreed reluctantly. At this point he would do anything to make a five-day ball less boring—and he couldn’t exactly cancel the whole thing the day of.

“I knew you’d say that.” Saivel had a smug smile on her face as she leaned in to kiss Fuse on the cheek. “See you tonight, okay?”

Before Fuse could even dream of answering, she turned away and walked out the door. Damn was the first word that came to Fuse’s mind. Well, he’d better start preparing his costume. It shouldn’t be something terribly obvious, which basically tossed anything containing purple out the window.

As he sorted through his various potential outfits, Fuse wondered what costume Saivel would pick, and then found himself smiling.

This was going to be one hell of a game.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 am

im a terrible person with too many ideas for my own good
but consider an au where fuse goes insane after valon stops possessing him
think about it
think about it

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:17 am

i just really really want to draw glowy purple things ok

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:39 pm

DO IT! DO IT DO IT DOIT!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm

teenloxxxx

Chapter 3: Dodge

“Artie!” Arthur started, then closed his eyes and gave a resigned sigh. He’d forgotten that he had P.E. with Saivel and Kaime. “Artie, I know you can hear me! Come on, you can’t ignore your boyfrie—” Saivel was cut off, presumably by Kaime, and Arthur made a mental note to thank him.

He turned around to see Saivel there, Kaime’s hand still covering her mouth but unable to hide her obvious glee. “Hey,” he began, then paused. Kaime gave Saivel a look and then let her speak.

“Hi,” Kaime managed to say before Saivel announced something else, almost stumbling over her words.

“Your induction into our lunch group, officially the Best Lunch Group in Existence, begins today. Just, y’know… so you know.” She grinned madly and shut up, turning to Kaime. They rolled their eyes and spoke.

“I heard we’re playing dodgeball today,” Kaime remarked, then added with a laugh, “Try not to get yourself hit in the face, okay?” Arthur blinked. Well, that wasn’t what he’d been expecting Kaime to say (not that he had really expected anything, for that matter).

“Same goes for you,” he replied, smiling for no reason. He was at ease now; Kaime wasn’t making a big deal of their conversation, which was… good, or at least relieving. Arthur wasn’t entirely sure what to think about the whole thing yet, and Kaime wasn’t pressuring him about it. They could be friends for now.

Saivel patted Kaime on the head, despite the fact that they towered over her. “I’ll make sure to hit Arthur in the face so you can kiss it bet—hey!” She stumbled backwards as Kaime tried to cover her mouth with their hand again. “Asshole, I’m trying to be a quality matchmaker here. I can’t do my job if you keep on doing that.” Vaguely, she waved her hand at theirs, pouting in an extremely childish manner.

Kaime groaned, covering their face with their hands. “It’s not even your job, Saivel. You just kinda… did it anyway.”

“Says the one who owes me teal hair dye,” Saivel retorted smartly. “And it better be lots of it, too.”

Stepping forward, Arthur muttered, “I might hit you in the face,” at which point Saivel flipped him off and went into the gym, leaving Kaime and Arthur there.

“If you do that,” Kaime commented, looking at the gym doors, “she’ll definitely get pissed at you. But it’d probably be worth it.”

“You think so?” Arthur asked with a mischievous grin. He didn’t wait for an answer and just walked into the gym. Kaime laughed and nodded, following after him.

*~*~*~*

“What the—” Arthur spun around as a ball hit him in the arm, confused more than anything. That ball had just come from… behind him? But that didn’t make any sense at all, certainly nobody would—oh god dammit.

Saivel was looking at him with a grin. “Saivel, I’m on your team!” he exclaimed angrily.

“Oh really? I thought you…” she paused for an excruciating moment, then continued with, “…played for the other team.” Arthur had the distinct feeling that she was very, very proud of herself for that terrible joke. Saivel cackled and dodged out of the way of a ball, then quickly snatched it up and threw it back with a vengeance. She watched Arthur out of the corner of her eye for his reaction.

Arthur struggled to find the words necessary to articulate his thoughts, and promptly got hit in the shoulder by a ball. “Hey!” Even though he knew full well that it wasn’t Saivel’s fault, he yelled at her.

“Wasn’t my fault!” was the hurried reply as Saivel threw another ball and hit someone in the stomach. “Hey, I’ll get Kaime out too, huh?” she offered, and Arthur had the feeling she wasn’t joking. “You can have some company.”

He just groaned in reply and headed off to the side of the gym. At least Saivel won’t be cracking terrible jokes anywhere near me, he thought to himself, stretching out his arms.

True to her word, Saivel soon hit Kaime in the chest with a ball when they were distracted by something (Arthur wasn’t sure what) and made some sort of bad joke that Arthur fortunately couldn’t hear. After taking the time to comment on how terrible Saivel’s joke was, Kaime stalked off to the side, giving Arthur an exasperated smile. Not knowing what else to do, Arthur returned it.

With an impatient sigh, Arthur ran his hand through his hair. He wasn’t obsessed with playing dodgeball, but it sure beat just sitting there doing nothing. Unconsciously, his eyes wandered over to Kaime, who looked similarly fidgety. Catching Arthur’s gaze, Kaime smiled warmly and then turned back to watching the game.

Arthur suddenly realized that he was blushing and turned the other way with a cough.

*~*~*~*

“Arthur!” Kaime waved their hand wildly through the air to gain Arthur’s attention.

Blinking with confusion for several moments, Arthur soon smiled and walked over to Kaime, sitting across from them. The girls looked over at the two and grinned, whispering something between themselves. Arthur chose to ignore them as he unpacked his lunch.

Saivel noticed immediately (even though she acted like a complete asshole, Arthur had to admit that she was smarter than she let on). “What, not buying today?”

“Don’t want you stealing my lunch money again,” he retorted.

With an overexaggerated sigh, Saivel muttered, “I gave it back, didn’t I? Anyway, that was for a good cause.” Her eyes flickered over to Kaime and she mouthed ‘teal hair dye’.

“Kaime gave it back,” Arthur pointed out. “You watched and yelled things. Very loudly.” As Saivel paused to think of something to say in return, he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and chucked it at her.

Immediately, Kaime started, but Saivel barely reacted past sticking her tongue out at Arthur. With surprising caution, she smoothed out the piece of paper and put it on the table. “Why’re you giving me Kaime’s contact information?” For a moment there was genuine concern on her face.

“I don’t need it anymore,” Arthur calmly replied. “Went to the trouble of putting it all in yesterday.”

“Yeah, but… keep it anyway, you dumbass.” Saivel smacked him on the hand with the paper, dropping it next to him, and then promptly began stuffing her face with a sandwich. Venia, next to her, laughed softly and then looked from Kaime to Arthur with an unreadable sort of expression.

“Flawless logic,” Kaime deadpanned, spearing their salad with their fork. “Just… impeccable, really.”

“I know, right? I could totally own everyone’s asses if I took Speech and Debate.” Smiling innocently, Saivel set her sandwich down. “Anyway, you’re one to talk. How long did you have a crush on Arthur for?”

Arthur nearly choked while Kaime just gave Saivel an unimpressed sort of look. “That has nothing to do with logic, Saivel,” they said quickly, and then cleared his throat. Suddenly their salad was extremely interesting.

“It’s tangenti—fuck.” Saivel thought about how to rephrase that statement for a few moments. “It’s kinda relevant.”

“Please, enlighten me—how so?” Arthur managed to get that out before coughing again, his water bottle still in his hand. Kaime reached over and patted him on the back, eyes narrowed at Saivel.

“Reasons,” Venia blurted out, and Saivel just nodded along with her. “Obviously, completely reasonable reasons.”

“Totally reasonable.”

“Incredibly reasonable.”

“So reasonable.” Saivel opened her mouth to say more, but Kaime cut her off.

“You two can stop now,” Kaime stated firmly. Arthur’s eyes were watering, but he gently removed Kaime’s hand from his back.

“I’m okay. Not dead.” He breathed in deeply for several seconds and glanced down at his lunch, which looked significantly less palatable than before. “Might’ve lost my appetite, though.” Saying this, he gave Saivel a pointed look.

“What am I, your scapegoat?” She looked somewhat indignant, although soon enough she was smiling brightly and finishing the rest of her sandwich.

“What else would you be?” Venia asked, not expecting an answer. “It is your fault, at least somewhat.”

It was possible that Saivel said something, but it was unintelligible as she was still chewing.

“Saivel, don’t talk with food in your mouth,” Kaime chided. “Did your mom never teach you any manners?” As if just realizing what they said, they suddenly looked as if they’d just fucked up big time.

At the mention of her mom, Saivel’s eyes narrowed slightly, and she practically spat, “Well, she taught me too many, and then I went ‘fuck that noise’ and disregarded anything she said after that.”

Arthur began to say something, but both Venia and Kaime gave him looks that meant he probably shouldn’t push any further. Well, alright then. Saivel didn’t like her mom. Big deal.

Honestly, he didn’t get it, but any more curiosity was quickly forgotten when Kaime’s hand unconsciously covered his and even though it was an entirely innocent (and likely unintentional) gesture, Arthur had to hide his face.

Last edited by elder on Sun May 24, 2015 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 am

the night sky and the earth

(aka a fusel drabble because its late and i cant sleep so why not)

He calls her the night sky.

Her long black hair becomes the vast expanse stretching far, far above them as they stargaze from the balcony, and her skin the moon, perfect and unique in its imperfections. He calls her eyes the last moment of twilight, before the sun's light disappears completely and the stars appear.

In turn, she calls him the earth.

His own brown hair, grown wild in a way his past self would never allow, is the rich soil of the ground, and his eyes the fruit grown there, bright and vivid and pure. He is rock, chiseled from timeworn granite, scarred by glacier-dragged boulders.

And the night sky and the earth, in normal circumstances eons away from each other, meet in one moment of complete chaos and stay there for as long as they can.

But one day the night sky is just the night sky, and rivers flow from the earth.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:06 pm

aaaaangst!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books