Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 18 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 pm

chapters of this particular masquerade thing are shorter than other ones, just fyi

Chapter One: Impossible Red

One of the candles sputtered as Fuse entered the room. He waved a hand and it immediately relit, filling the room with a warm, golden glow.

Already people were wandering around in all their vibrant finery, chattering about anything and everything in hushed voices. With their skillfully crafted masks, Fuse could not properly identify them, recognizing them in quick snatches but not enough to fully piece together a name; perhaps only a feeling that that woman looked like Lady Something-or-Other (her name started with an S, or was it an L?).

Mentally, Fuse calculated the odds of him recognizing Saivel. She wouldn’t have suggested the game in the first place if she didn’t feel she had a reasonable chance of winning. On the other hand, she was cruel enough to make it impossible for Fuse to win. If nothing else, she craved a challenge.

Was his costume too obvious? The Chaos Lord looked down at his clothing; a long, brown coat and cream-colored shirt, his mask an imitation of a wolf’s head, complete with ears. Well, he associated himself with the wolf; honorable, powerful, and also fairly solitary. It was the first idea for a costume that Fuse had thought up, in fact. Well—of course he wasn’t exactly solitary anymore, but the image of the wolf stuck in his mind and so… there he was, dressed as a wolf for the first day.

He had no way of knowing what animal Saivel would associate him with, but despite himself, Fuse was… not worried, really. Rather, he was excited, glad for a challenge to keep him from going mad during the five day ball. And even though he tried to be as selfless and altruistic as was possible…

Fuse wanted to win.

Exactly why he was not certain. It seemed as though his competitive streak, so long repressed, had come back and announced itself with great fanfare, absolutely refusing to be ignored any longer. Though Fuse had no idea what sort of thing he would request of Saivel just the simple idea of winning, of rising to the challenge and defeating his opponent, was mesmerizing.

Without any inkling as to if his costume was too obvious (or perhaps then Saivel would think it was a bluff; certainly he would not wear something so predictable on the very first day), Fuse decided to focus his efforts instead on determining what sort of animal Saivel associated herself with.

He thought of her as a dove with her white wings, even though she found the notion ridiculous. After all, a dove was too white, too pure—‘a dove,’ she would say, then laugh again at the thought—‘a dove! and you call me fanciful’—a dove was too perfect. Saivel had said that above all else, she was imperfect, and so was he, and that was why she loved him. Perfection was her obsession, something which she yearned for above all else, tantalizing but always out of reach. Perfection was her mother, perfection was Kaime; they were beings too kind, too selfless, inhuman.

Perfection was something that she could never be, no matter how hard she tried, and the same went for Fuse. They were two fools, hopelessly flawed and imperfect, straining for an unreachable goal. At least in that, they were not alone.

If not a dove (unless perhaps Saivel thought to trick him by being something he saw, but not her), then what else? A fox was the first thing that came to mind. Sly, cunning; that was a very Saivel way to think of Saivel.

As if reading his thoughts, with the next wave of guests came several foxes. They were too far off for Fuse to see them clearly enough. Perhaps one of them was Saivel, perhaps not. A fox may be too obvious; but on the first day, she was possibly considerate enough to make it easier. The next days would be considerably more difficult.

One fox caught his eye in particular; a woman with black hair, her mask impossibly crimson red, a confident smirk on her face. Fuse began to make his way towards her, only for someone to pass by him, accidentally throwing off his balance.

“Ah! I’m so sorry!” Whoever had bumped into Fuse profusely apologized, Fuse distractedly saying it was alright and then whipping around to see if the fox was still there. Damn. She wasn’t.

Adjusting his mask, Fuse couldn’t help from smiling. He immediately dashed over into a crowd, pleasantly chatting with the company he found himself surrounded by. If the woman who was quite possibly Saivel intended to disappear, so would he.

He almost let himself get caught up in the well-wishes, the smiles, the music, the pleasant atmosphere.

Almost.

All it took was a glimpse of crimson from the corner of Fuse’s eye and he remembered the game, the challenge. The challenge he intended to win.

With a quick glance, Fuse found her, almost invisible in a cluster of black and blue despite the bright red of her mask and dress. They were impossibly vivid, complemented with the black gloves and cream sections of her dress. As if sensing his gaze, the fox turned her head, moving smoothly through the crowd. Oh no you don’t, Fuse thought, smiling assuredly and making his way over to the fox.

Soon he caught up to her, catching her wrist as she tried to turn away. She turned back with a grin.

“Going easy on me the first day, hm?” Fuse gently let go of her and stepped back. “I thought you’d present more of a challenge.”

“You’re one to talk,” Saivel chided, tilting her head ever so slightly. “A wolf? How obvious was that?”

Fuse laughed. “Well, I suppose we both had bad first choices.”

“Let’s have a good first day then.” With a smile Saivel stepped over to him, inclining her head in a mock-bow. “Care to dance?”

Unable to keep himself from a chuckle, Fuse nodded his head, reaching out his hand to Saivel. “Of course.”

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 pm

D'aww.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 am

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 18 MthhJv2

current progress on masquerade picture

so tomorrow shadin

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:20 am

also yes, indistinct blobs in the background are going to remain indistinct blobs because i'm lazy

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Looks pretty great!

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:28 pm

It's fantastic!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:08 am

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 18 Z40yhAU

DUNDED

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:23 am

have some lox homestuck headcanons

saivel: rogue of blood
her name is already perfect to be a troll six letters six letters like, hell yeah
(i think of her as a seadweller? violet blood?? ? ? ????? ? but i mean if we're going full au here then she might as well be fuchsia)
derse to the max who the fuck are we kiddin here

hnngh gonna need to figure out some sorta symbol that works for chaos
her ancestor is the madwoman because that's what first popped to mind
lusus? ill figure that out laterrrrrrrr
(but if she's a fuchsia blood then it's already figured out. DECISIONS DECISIONS)
i associate her with both a magpie and a fox so idk

OH NO WAIT WHAT ABOUT A CHIMERA THAT'S ALSO THE CHIMAERA FISH? YES GOOD

fuse: heir of light
dumb hooman
prospit??? who do you think we're talking about
guardians are for the weAK

venia: maid of space
BASICALLY JADE, as in awake on prospit 'n' shit
(also a human)
she is also like jade in that her guardian is an animal (trouble, obv. what's that? that's not three letters? your face isn't three letters)

kaime: sylph of life
im thinking a troll
somewhere green-ish???????
panther lusus for obv reasons
saivel's moirail???????????????? ? ???? ? ??? ?? ?
(also probably prospit)

aaron: chief of time
derse like nobody's business
hu... man?...
ye
' '' ''' '''' 'human' ''''' ' ' '
G U A R D I A N S A R E F O R T H E W E A K

i prefer to give people canon roles but hnnngh none of them really fit aaron how i think of him? so uh

yeah

also i woulda done bloon's characters but i dont think i know them well enough ;u;

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:51 pm

That sounds cool.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:38 am

and even you will leave me in the end

(lots and lots of angst, some ill-advised kaise and past fusel I guess, basically I should be sleeping but lolnope)

It hurts him, quietly, and the lord can hear it in the whispers of the canopy above, can see it in the smiles that are so close to being real. And he hurts, too--because no matter how warm the hands are that hold his, no matter how gentle the words are--they are a substitute, but they are not enough.

A year ago he realized why none of the other lords were romantically involved. Still he remembers the thick smell of the rain-damp earth, dark and soft beneath the spade. His hands ache as he toils for--for what must have been eternity beneath grey marbled clouds, the swirling tempest of the heavens. He preferred that to the sun because the golden light reminded him too much of her smile.

Even now it strikes him with guilt, a twisting of his already distorted heart, to realize that he is looking at the black hair and not the green eyes. But really, he finds it is not a choice but a subconscious decision, just like the way he is used to the wrong (right) name coming after 'I love you.'

However, with time he breaks those habits, just as (with time) she slips further away. Her eyes in his mind dim until he fears they will be lifeless entirely, and then gone. Time makes it both a little easier and a little harder to take the spirit's hand in his own and smile a smile that almost is real.

Time also makes it more evident that the spirit's smile is not, cannot be real. Yes--all he wanted from the world he got, but it was not--it was not true, or right.

Days pass and the lord really begins to believe he can hear the sound of a heart breaking. Fumbling, he attempts for some time (time, time, that terrible, unstoppable force) to piece it back together but he is missing something. Something that he does not have, and cannot have.

So instead of fixing things, he lets his heart and the spirit's break together, for want of the impossible.

Alcohol was always Saivel's vice, but at some point it became his, soaked through from melancholy memories and a knife in his heart. He talks, drones on and on, and the spirit listens, quiet, because he has nothing to say. The lord already knows and that conversation was unspoken, exchanged in half-smiles and downcast eyes.

"And even you will leave me in the end," he says. The words hang, a dense fog around them, and the spirit says nothing for a long time.

Then a soft question breaks through the fog. "Am I here now?"

He does not know the answer, but he knows that no matter how hard he tries he can't find it in the half-empty bottle, so he sets it down. "Am I?"

And perhaps it is insanity, but the lord swears he hears the sound of a heart breaking.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:03 pm

dangit, Elder

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm

jinora (remember her? 'cause i do) is a lowblood troll, the thief of heart
(her lusus is picarl)
(she's quite possibly saivel's kismesis)

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:59 am

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 18 HFeYwEJ

A young troll lies down in her respiteblock. She appears to be rather unhappy. What could possibly be the matter?

> Enter name.

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 18 COUkLDO

Your name is SAIVEL ATHESS.

You will flirt with ANYONE AND EVERYONE, and incidentally two of your quadrants are already filled. Unfortunately, they are not the ones that will PREVENT YOU FROM BEING CULLED. However, you are hopeful for the future, and maybe your PLAN will somehow fix this issue. Your moirail and kismesis have frequently told you of the COMPLETE ABSURDITY of that notion, but you ignore them. You have also ignored them about the COMPLETE ABSURDITY of your PLAN, in the first place.

Apart from flirting with whatever troll you can get your hands on, you pride yourself in your ATHLETIC PROWESS. Though you are not the most muscular troll on Alternia, you are quite probably among the strongest and good at HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT. This is a useful trait, since your flirting in the more black orientation has been known to end in a fight. In fact, your flirting in the more red orientation has been known to end in a fight as well.

Despite your moirail's attempt to better you, you still have a bad habit of ACTING WITHOUT THINKING. That is quite possibly what has trapped you in your CURRENT SITUATION for about half a sweep now. Arguably, it has also gotten you out of some UNDESIRABLE SITUATIONS, but also arguably, it would have been preferable to be in those than in your CURRENT SITUATION.

Your trolltag is crystallineDiscord and you sp>ak ^n a v>ry po^nt>d mann>r.

What will you do?

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:06 pm

I love her design. The clothes and stuff are so cool!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:36 pm

You ACT WITHOUT THINKING

Andrew
Site Owner
Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 pm

@Andrew wrote:You ACT WITHOUT THINKING

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:48 pm

i probably should've expected that

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:08 am

> Saivel: Act without thinking.

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 18 VZx8wvK

You suddenly have a brilliant idea. You've spent enough time thinking about your PLAN. More than enough time, even. It's time for you to set it in motion and stop thinking altogether.

Which means it's time to contact either your moirail or your kismesis. If you were thinking, you would contact your moirail first and possibly convince him to contact your kismesis, since fighting would probably not be a good idea before beginning this plan.

However, you are not thinking, and you are kind of in the mood for hate-flirting with her.

> Saivel: Hate-flirt with your kismesis.

(you get no pictures for chats)

show pesterlog:
crystallineDiscord [CD] began trolling eruditeExemplar [EE]
CD: So hows my l>ast favorit> ^d^ot lowblood do^ng?
EE: NOt nOw, Saivel.
CD: What? You too busy to pay m> any att>nt^on?
CD: ^ dont b>l^>v> ^t.
CD: Ar> you so stup^d you dont >v>n car> about your quadrants anymor>?
EE: Being culled isn't a wOrry anymOre, sO nO.
CD: Wow.
CD: So th> only r>ason you car>d about r>lat^onsh^ps ^s that th>y k>>p you from g>tt^ng k^ll>d?
CD: And ^ thought Sgrub was suppos>d to mak> you mor> s>ns^t^v> or som> bullsh^t.
CD: ^ gu>ss you fa^l>d that, just l^k> >v>ryth^ng >ls> ^n your m^s>rabl> l^f>.
EE: Saivel, what dO yOu want?
CD: Not >v>n go^ng to both>r r>spond^ng?
CD: ^ kn>w you w>r> a fuck^ng wast> of a k^sm>s^s.
CD: Lowblood trash.
EE: I asked yOu a questiOn.
CD: Oh, ^s th> lowblood g>tt^ng mad now?
EE: YOu're sO fucking useless.
EE: I hate yOu.

CD: Th> f>>l^ng ^s mutual, J^nj^n.
EE: If yOu keep On avOiding my questiOn, I'm just gOing to blOck yOu.
CD: F^n>, ^ gu>ss ^ n>>d your h>lp, >v>n ^f you ar> an ^d^ot.
EE: YOu're nOt thinking abOut gOing thrOugh with that plan Of yOurs, are yOu?
CD: You know m> so w>ll.
EE: And yOu call me and idiOt.
EE: YOu wOuld prObably think that lying tO Khaime just sO he cOuld gOdtier wOuld be a gOOD idea.
EE: Oh wait. YOu did.
CD: Shut up.
CD: Fly ov>r to my h^v> so w> can g>t th^s sh^t ov>r w^th.
EE: Fine.
CD: Glad w> could com> to an agr>>m>nt.

crystallineDiscord [CD]
ceased trolling eruditeExemplar [EE]

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:09 pm

hey guys you PROBABLY DIDNT SEE ME DECIDE TO NOT ATTACH PICTURES TO CHATS A WEEK AGO AND I JUST REMEMBERED SO

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:36 am

masquerade 2 thing, because why not

there are things that are meant to be and we are not one of them (but damn if we won’t go down fighting)

chapter one: a not-so-mysterious not-so-stranger (but he’s still handsome so that counts for something)

Six minutes in and I regret this idea already. I pointed out more than enough flaws when this plan was first suggested. First of all, did they miss the part where my dad had been executed? The very reason I’m part of this rebellion in the first place? The Athess are hardly nobles, and the fact that I got an invitation to the ball was probably an oversight of the king.

I mean, the whole ‘looking fabulous and dressing to impress’ thing? I’m all for that. The whole ‘trying to find a way to infiltrate the castle and potentially kidnap the prince’ part of the plan? Not so much.

With a sigh, I adjust my dress (ah man, I love the color red. It’s the best) and look around. Everyone cares less about being fashionably late than being there before the prince arrives. Ugh, the prince.

I think when I was young we might’ve played together at some point. The little I remember is pretty nice. It was probably before his dad got to him. Definitely before my dad was accused of being a revolutionary and killed. Did I mention that’s why I’m part of the rebellion? Nice job there, king. Real nice job.

Anyway, it certainly doesn’t look like the prince is here yet, and I’m not exactly supposed to stalk him around the whole time (apparently just enough so that it looks like I’m infatuated with him (eugh) but not enough that somebody will suspect I’m a spy). Nobody really gave me guidelines and what’s considered what, so I’m winging it.

Fangs would kill me if he heard me… thinking that. And, no matter what he says, his canines are too goddamn sharp. Does he file them or something? Maybe he’s some sort of werewolf or vampire or something. Actually, I’ve seen him eating normal human food and standing in broad daylight, and also during the full moon, so…

Vampires don’t exist, anyway. Anyone who tells you otherwise is someone you should steer clear of.

Maybe the prince is here, actually, but nobody recognizes him. That’s a possibility—people have only seen glimpses of him in the past, hidden from the public by the king as he is. And yet he has a massive fanbase.

I’m trying to sound surprised but I think it’s not working. Of course everyone loves the prince—the few glimpses have been of a pretty good-looking dude, and he is… the prince. The heir. He will inherit the kingdom (which is pretty impressive, if I say so myself) when the king is dead.

If we could recruit him to our side, then this battle would be a whole lot easier. But that would have to be me doing it, and… there’s a reason Greenthumbs reminds me at every meeting to keep my mouth shut and tell him if there’s anything I want said.

That would also mean informing him of the cause, and if he’s anything like his dad, that’s going to end with everybody dead. And who am I kidding, making the prince part of the rebellion?

Even though the room is open to the night air, it’s the middle of summer and the atmosphere is stuffy anyway. Nobody said anything about not going outside, and the whole mission isn’t going to be compromised because I hate humidity and took a breather.

Well, Greenthumbs always says I tend to underestimate risks vastly and it’s only luck that’s kept me alive thus far. But come on, I’m just stepping outside for a few minutes!

There’s hardly anything he can do to stop me, so I sneak past some noblewomen and out the doors. Somebody’s probably seen me, but… wow, I almost care. That’s impressive.

Thankfully, the night is warm but the air is still cooler than inside, and much less stuffier. The shocking part is that somebody else seems to have had the same idea as me. A mysterious, handsome stranger.

Eh, who am I kidding, I don’t care that much, even if I do wonder why he’s also outside. …I mean, I kind of care, enough to look him over, at least.

He’s dressed as a brown wolf, and fits the part, with dark brown hair that has the look of something that some poor maid tried to get under control but was just too wild. His eyes are hidden behind the mask, which is simple but still looks nice.

Whoever this guy is, he’s as surprised as I am that somebody else is outside. Even without his eyes to look at, it’s obvious that he’s shocked. To his credit, he recovers quickly. “Hello,” he manages, then smiles somewhat nervously. “Are you intending to leave the ball?”

“No,” I reply with a gracious smile, ever the picture of a noblewoman. At least that’s one thing Greenthumbs taught that stuck with me. “I took a step outside to get some fresh air. Are you intending to leave the ball, sir?”

“I’m intending to enter it at some point in the near future,” he responds. Aw, is he shy? How cute.

“Care to keep me company for the time being, then?” I offer. How smooth. I’m going to have to keep that for future reference if I’m ever technically exiting a ball again and I find someone else who’s actually supposed to enter a ball at the moment. Which is to say I’m going to save it but never use it.

That’s the explanation for the one room that the maids Do Not Open, pretty much.

“A lovely lady such as yourself? Of course.” Ooh, that’s smooth, and accompanied by a real, warm smile. Score.

I walk a few steps away from the building, to the edge of the area lit by the surrounding lights. He follows me—more an obedient dog than a wolf, I think to myself, but of course don’t say it, because he probably wouldn’t appreciate that comparison.

Instead of speaking, we look up at the stars twinkling bright above us. Even though it’s a foolish belief, I like to pretend that maybe, maybe they’re the souls of people, and my father is somewhere up there.

I like to pretend that he’d believe in what I’m doing.

A breeze starts up, gently shifting my hair across my back. “So,” I say after some length of time. “Why were you so reluctant to join the ball?”

He doesn’t say anything, just stares at the stars. Just when I’m worried I just accidentally crossed a line, he says, “I hate the attention.”

I have to raise an eyebrow. Who is this guy? Admittedly I’m not the most informed person, but I should know him if just walking into the ball is going to get him surrounded. “What?” slips out of my mouth before I have the chance to catch it.

At once he’s surprised and pleased, judging from his expression. “Oh—did you not recognize me? There’s no need to worry about it then.” He smiles and turns back to the stars, but my curiosity’s piqued and I’m going to find out what that’s supposed to mean.

Admittedly, he strikes me as somehow familiar, but that could mean anything. I met a lot of people back before the Athess name became practically taboo. Still… that was very suspicious.

“No need to worry about it?” I scoff. He flinches slightly and I immediately regret it. “I’m interested now; tell me, please?”

“I’d rather not.”

“Are you some sort of criminal, sir?” The unexpected question makes him laugh, and I’m glad for that. I’m not sure I could stand him being uncomfortable like he was earlier. “Well, if not that, then what?”

His lips press tightly against each other in a thin line, as if he is considering whether or not to speak to me. I look him straight in the eyes—maybe I’m not the most patient person around, but my curiosity is overpowering.

We stay like that for a while, him purposefully avoiding my gaze, me boring a hole into his face. He might actually be entranced by the stars, but part of his interest is obviously in avoiding answering me.

During this time I appreciate the fact that he is pretty handsome, even if he is very stubborn and too mysterious for his own good. Some part of me says that I should probably have headed in long ago, or I might not get the chance to scope out the palace. On the other hand, there are four more days of ball. Plenty of time to spare for admiring handsome strangers who might be purposely ignoring me.

Finally, he seems to get bothered by my staring. Nobody can withstand a good ol’ Saivel stare. Well, maybe Greenthumbs. And Fangs.

…okay, people can withstand a good ol’ Saivel stare, but this guy is not among one of those people.

“Look, if I tell you…” he fidgets nervously, then looks up at me. “Will you dance with me?”

“That’s an unusual request,” I manage to say somewhat seriously. “Alright then. I’m assuming that’s part of the reason for the dance?”

“Yes,” he admits, turning back towards the building. “It’s time I went in now.” The man offers me his hand, and I gladly take it. We walk towards the ballroom in silence except for the sound of crickets chirping in the night.

“Planning to tell me later?” I chide as we get closer. Once again, he fidgets, his eyes glancing towards the ground.

“Might as well show you now,” he mutters. Unexpectedly, instead of saying anything, he reaches for the cuff of his jacket and pulls it up. It takes all of three seconds for me to realize that this guy isn’t exactly a mysterious stranger, and I might have possibly made a mistake.

A blue crystal is tattooed on his wrist, the symbol of the royal family. My eyes flicker from the mark to his eyes—he’s purposefully looking away from me.

I contemplate my options. “Well… that wasn’t what I was expecting.” Smiling, I try to put his mind at ease. “…Let me introduce myself in turn, your majesty.” With an overdone curtsy, I manage to make him laugh.

“Saivel Athess, milord.” His eyes flash momentarily in recognition of the name, and for a moment fear fills me. It passes quickly, though, as nobody knows about my being one of the leaders of the rebellion. I hope.

“I know it’s unnecessary… but it’s only polite.” The prince coughs into his fist, and then bows. I manage to keep myself from laughing (somehow). “Fuse Ordenn.”

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, majesty.” I offer him my hand and he takes it. Together we walk into the ballroom.

“You don’t need to call me majesty,” he tells me in a murmur. For a moment I look at him with shock; Fuse is obviously nothing like his father. But this—this could mean good things, and soon I’m smiling.

“Alright, Fuse.” The name feels comfortable somehow, fitting. He smiles back at me and squeezes my hand.

People are staring, I know. They’re wondering why the prince came in with some random girl dressed as a too-red fox. But I care more about the not-so-mysterious not-so-stranger, the man I knew as a child. The man who, it seems, hasn’t changed too much, even with his father in the way.

Even with my father being dead.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Nice!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 am

you ever get an idea and you go 'no' but your heart goes 'yes'

b/c an au where saivel and fuse have both been experimented on has been in the back of my mind for a little while but then i went 'oh WAIT I HAVE IDEA YES'

so like a while back saivel's family had this thing tested on them, the name of which is OBVIOUSLY SOMEHOW RELATED TO CHAOS, technically without their consent and they were like 'wtf?'

but it turned out it was all valon's fault because he's an asshole and then he became like head researcher and then fuse appeared one day next to saivel

they don't really have anything else to do so they talk to each other but fuse disappears inexplicably for a little while and saivel is concerned and then he comes back and she's like 'omg are you okay what did they do to you'

and he's scared like '...who are you?' and saivel is like 'SHIT. ok dude re-introductions what's your name' (oh shit i never asked his name before it didnt occur to me)

'fuse'

'that's not a real name wtf'

'well what's yours'

'saivel'

'...'

'SHUT UP MY PARENTS ACTUALLY NAMED ME THAT OKAY GOD. anyway where the hell did you get fuse from'

'the uh, guy told me it. dragon.'

'who the fuck is dragon?'

(well-timed noise from the room next to both of theirs)

'the fuck.'

basically everyone's been fucked up by science so have some rambles
dragon's been fucked up to be able to increase the heat of substances around him (basically fancy way of saying he can fire). this ability is incredibly powerful even though it's kinda simple.
he's also fireproof.

saivel and fuse are both unpredictable, fuse has been experimented on solely with the substance that is... like, FUCKED UP fucked up to a greater extent than saivel
basically it allows him to 'distort the fabric of space and time' and corrupt shit

saivel's been there longer and the guinea pig for more things so she has a little of dragon's ability and a little of fuse's but she's more experienced than fuse and got a finer control over something that's technically uncontrollable

venia has a much more watered-down version of dragon's ability, but also the ability to make things cold (ICEEEE) and telekinesis

aaron refuses to tell what they've done to him but obviously something's going on
(he's faster, got better sight, sharper hearing, sharper smell--basically he's a goddamn vampire i don't know what you're expecting)

kaime is distinctly inhuman. saivel knows him fairly well and hypothesizes that 'they' messed him up so much he forgot how to be human.
anyway, he's got the ability to command plants and animals, and something about him is... distinctly unstable, so he's able to change the way he looks and basically shapeshift.
it's a different unstable than saivel and fuse; less out of control, more 'uncertain if this is right.'

darkblithe, chrono, and lucian were a trio of people. as a result of his experimentation darkblithe became a major asshole, albeit an overpowered one, and stays in an entirely different, restricted area.
he's obviously got the whole darkness thing, which is basically he absorbs the light around him, but he's also significantly stronger and his brain got fucked up

chrono and lucian are pretty chill, on the other hand. chrono's able to mess with time while lucian's somehow able to regenerate people's cells or some shit and do the same with his own, and also able to emit powerful rays of light

valon is the head researcher but has also been using his research to better himself; he has fuse's same ability but in a more controlled form. later on fuse somehow claims his power and, in turn, valon changes and appears to be able to control... energy.

cyrus is a guy below valon who fucking loathes him and has the ability to electricity, which is a secret he keeps from valon because he'd get fired otherwise

he's an asshole

jinora is a girl who saivel used to know and they used to be friends, but when saivel was unexpectedly tested on jinora was brought along on the ride
her mind is clearly unstable as a result, and you can see that her hair and eyes and face are... they look marred somehow
the scientists describe her as an 'unfortunate failure' but also as 'no surprise'. she's kinda got darkblithe's powers but they seem to be controlling her more than she's controlling them
she's also able to increase the speed of the air around her which translates to WIND GAIZ

what's the plot? good question guys

idk

i just kinda came up with the idea and put it down b/c ye

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:44 am

He comes back weary, as always, and practically has to be dragged through the door and into his bed. Fuse lands face-down on the thin white mattress and takes a moment to just lie there. Of course, it does not last long.

Saivel creeps closer to her side of the window. "Hey."

In return, Fuse manages to tilt his head towards her. "Hi," he mutters despondently. "I'd love to get closer so I could actually talk to you, but I'm too tired."

"What'd they make you do this time?" Saivel asks. Even though he knows it's her curiosity and she means no harm, Fuse still sighs loudly. The slight downturn of her lips makes him feel guilty, so he speaks.

"Corrupt things into imitations of other objects."

"How'd it go?" The sympathetic smile has returned to her face again.

"Better than any of us expected. You know--you're lucky they rarely test you." Some part of Fuse tells him she does know but at the same time loathes the fact. She wants to be able to get out of her damn room.

Saivel responds with some sort of unintelligible grunt. There is silence.

Fuse lets it sit for a little bit. Dragon is gone, and he can't be bothered to move to another side of the room to talk to someone else, but he deserves a little time to catch his breath.

"Do you suppose they'll ever let us go?" It must have been a million times that Saivel has told him that will never happen. Predictably, she rolls her eyes at him.

"We're too valuable to them for that to happen." Saivel sighed and looked down at the floor. "Even if they did, we wouldn't fit in. Not anymore. They took what could have been from us. We could've had a normal life. But we didn't, and we can't. They stole that from all of us."

There is silence again, a thoughtful one. Fuse wants to speak but stops himself, sensing Saivel's thoughts half-formed in the air. "So in turn, I plan to steal their lives."

For a few moments, Fuse is not sure if Saivel is joking, but one look at her face tells him she is not. "How?" He cannot resist asking.

"They gave us these powers for their own benefit." Saivel looks down at her hands, at the paper strip around her wrist reading DSCRD-1, THERM-2. "Don't you think it would be fitting if that was how they died?"

At once astonished at the casualness Saivel refers to murder with and agreeing with her, Fuse doesn't reply. "... They have protection," he points out.

She laughs. "I don't care. I'm going to take those fuckers down. Will you help me?"

"They can listen to us, you know."

"Of course I do, I've been in this hell longer than you. Just tell me."

It takes a long, long time. But eventually he says, "Yes."

Last edited by elderstuck on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content