One Thousand and One AUs

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 21 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:30 am

aah the wonders of leaving a tab for a while and comng back to have it refresh and wipe everything you typed. arent tablets wonderful.

in any case, my post so far was babbling about the college au. i think im going to have to come to terms with the fact realistic fiction just isnt my genre. basically i put magic in it because im trash please forgive me

not like, magic magic i.e. tpnd its DIFFERENT kinda sorta

anyway spoiler-y ramble in the spoiler, also i really want to make this a comic for some reason IDKKKKK

skHdh udnxn whatever:
basically the ELs are this group of peeps whove entered into contracts with these spirits/demons to give them POWEERRRR so they can protect this city which is important bc of reasons i havent determined yet

the ELs have been around since as long as anyone can remember and are fairly secretive and stay out of the public eye so people assume that its a family passing down shit little do they know its the same person

the exception to this is chaos, as the athess are immigrants from korea. also the relationship between demon n person is different there as well. basically it tried to possess the fam as a last resort sort of thing but varyl was like lolnope and managed to keep it trapped, and as a result they got some supernatural abilities and are like the ELs but also chaos is trying to drive them insane or trick one of them into freeing it

saivels name is not actually saivel, she shoved together random letters to piss off her mom, who is the much normaler rhea. sarine followed her example because she thinks her sister is the shit and i dont have an explanation for the v dudes

(rhea only refers to saivel by her korean name, so-min, as a result, and does the same with sarine (so-hee))

also saivels mom is still blond (bleaaach) and blue-eyed bc its hella uncommon but not downright impossible

anyway p much all i have now is:

athess moved to america (? who knows where this city is located) when saivel was about 8 or so and sarine was very babby
they moved in next to kaimes family, which doesnt have spirit deals going on but is nonetheless powerful, theyre rich and very influential and also HELLA SECRETIVE AND SECLUDED
kaime was homeschooled, and one winter day they met saivel when she was trying to climb up a tree that grew next to the fence
saivel was like 'oh you dont have a scarf LEMME FIX THAT FOR YOU' and gave kaime her own purple scarf which kaime has kept ever since
INSTANT BFFS
because of saivel kaime stoped being homeschooled n shit
saivel and kaime are going to the same college, kaime intends to become a veterinarian (they learn a little about treating human wounds on their own because saivel is prone to injuring herself), saivel is as of yet undeclared

separately, fuse's (at that time arthur's) dad was in the military (this is actually a general headcanon i have because andys never talked about fuses family), died in service
fuse intended to follow after him and his mom was like no and he was like otherwise we cant pay for college? and his mom was like fine

things went wrong when valon was driven insane by the chaos spirit in the basement--they found him trying to smother veren in his sleep and he ran off, got into a car, aaand promptly crashed it into fuse's while fuse's mom was with him, they were going to check out the college in w/e city the ELs lived in

valon survived but was promptly put into an asylum thanks to the ELs pulling some strings, fuse's mom died and fuse survived but with a. amnesia and b. chaos moving into him when it realized 'fuck valon'

he was taken in by dragon but not informed of his past as dragon didnt actually know, but he did know he couldnt let fuse leave with part of chaos lying dormant inside him. anyway he got into the college thanks to the ELs pulling some strings again and shit happens from there

v and aaron are there too obv but i havent really plotted anything really specific out for them yet

WORTH NOTING I WANTED IT TO BE SYMBOLIC THAT SAIVEL FIRST GIVES KAIME HER OWN PURPLE SCARF, AND LATER ON WHEN SHE MATURES, SHE GIVES KAIME THEIR OWN GREEN SCARF, IT SHOWS, HOW SHE DOESNT PUT HER BURDENS ON KAIME ANY!ORE, AND TREATRS THEM LIKE THEIR OWN PERSON PROPERLY,

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Ooh, I like it.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:03 am

more babbles:

dragon does actually know fuses past he's withholding it 'for the greater good' and intends to train fuse since he knows fuse has dormant chaos inside of him

athess family was originally the park family and they immigrated before saivel was born, but moved to whatever city this is when the els found out about them. saivel was maybe eight then i guess. they werent aware the chaos was apparently genetic and then they were like well shit, and then maybe its a one time thing and no

also saivel blames herself for her fathers near-death bc she left the basement door unlocked and if valon hadnt gone into the basement and talked to chaos chaos wouldnt have put the idea in his head to kill veren

saivel and sarine jokingly refer to dragon as 'dalgi' (strawberry) bc when they first met him he was all dressed in red and sarine said that and saivel lost her shit

the weird names is some sort of el thing bc like they arent normal people anymore and they cant retain connections to that life (which is part of why dragon doesnt tell fuse about his past despite actually knowing it and also calls him fuse instead)

dragons real name is probably Drake some last name fire related

this au has progressed from college au to eh lets add in kinda magic to lets just fuck everyone up

so ive included the king and nadine

the king is richard king (bc i was like richard the lionheart arent i clever), one of fuses teachers or maybe high school counselor or maybe principal idk but he recommended the college to fuse and was all here ill write you a recommendation letter bc he was good friends with fuses dad

nadine (i dont recall if fuse gave her a last name or not lol) is a fairly unnoticed girl who tried to maybe get some attention by dyeing her hair bright blue, but her parents didnt really care as long as she wasnt hurting anyone they were just so busy, and people just brushed her off as another rebellious teenager

except for fuse, who took the time to befriend her.

they were never really officially a 'thing'--nadine certainly wouldnt have minded, but fuse wasnt as sure. she heard from him that mr. king had recommended he go to this college a little bit away and he wasnt entirely sure about a long-distance relationship but nadine was like shhhhh ok and applied to the college as well

after she got the news fuse was missing--disappeared, apparently, and his mother dead in an unfortunate accident, she got the news shed been accepted. fuse had done early action--she hadnt.

god knows why, but she went. maybe she figured, hey, mr. king recommended it, its probably a decent school. more likely she thought, maybe if i pretend hard enough, i can trick myself into believing that hes here with me.

which is why, at first, she didnt believe her eyes when she saw a guy one day while walking across campus who looked just like arthur. the hair was different (arthur liked to keep his hair short, but this guy had more disheveled, slightly longer hair) but nadine wouldve recognized his face anywhere. and she intends to get to the bottom of this.

flails, loudly

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:41 pm

O.M.G.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:24 am

update status just in general on things:

riftjumper chapter is half done but im not entirely happy with all of it so god knows when ill post it

tfc is

not happening

cries

ive literally written shit all for any aus right now, but you can probably count on a short thing in a more sci-fi one

because im trash

ive drawn nothing for whatever au this is--ive started calling it 'serendipity' in my head bc i named the city 'serendipity' in my head

yeah idk i... am not sure if its a very fitting title? i can always change it later

i have one short side-story pre main plot in my drafts and another one with BROTHERLY FEEEELS in my head

xiastuck is going to update every day or every other day or every other other day i have no reliability im sorry

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:26 am

AU FEELS ARE TERRIBLE, MY CAUSE OF DEATH IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE DRAGON BEING LIKE A SECOND DAD TO SAIVEL IN SERENDIPITY

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:40 pm

i talk a lot about dad!dragon but just imagine dragon (huehuehue) faced with an actual baby

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 21 XBPokYc

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 21 8SghZG9

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 21 QTPzumy

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 pm

au where everything is the exact same except dragon is an actual dragon

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:51 pm

does anyone remember that time i was like 'vampire fuse au' and then didnt do anything with it because im shipping trash and i went

this is the perfect excuse to ship something that wouldnt happen otherwise

do you know what im talking about

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 am

god FUCKING dammit this turned spoiler-y and i dont even know if itll be canon to serendipity

this started out serious and then spiraled into makeshift family time

(kaime is team mom)

HNNNGH IDK WHY IM SO 'NO' ABOUT SPOILING SERENDIPITY EVEN WHEN IM NOT SURE IF ITS PROPERLY A SPOILER???? BUT:
In Retrospect, We Could've Avoided This Entire Situation

(or a day in the life of Saivel, Dragon, and Kaime, except not)

If asked, the residents of Serendipity, Xyla, would easily be able to sum up the dynamic of the infamous Saivel Athess, her sidekick/boyfriend (?)/mysterious companion Kaime, and the considerably more enigmatic Dragon. Saivel made messes, and Kaime and Dragon cleaned it up and kept her from getting thrown into jail.

In reality, it was slightly more complex than that. Saivel came up with risky ideas that would prove amusing and exciting whether they were successful or not. Kaime helped her along the way and prevented any serious injuries. Dragon listened to Saivel retelling the tale, Kaime occasionally correcting her over-exaggerations, laughed and gasped and sometimes scolded, and then he kept Saivel from getting thrown into jail.

At least the people got one part right.

That time, however, was different. Usually Kaime would go along with what Saivel asked as long as it didn't sound like the chance of a serious injury was over twenty percent or so. That time, however, they had properly needed convincing. They were not just reluctant, or slightly uncertain, or in need of clarification. Kaime had been against the idea.

With sheer determination, however, Saivel had eventually been able to win Kaime over. And so, there they were. Saivel insisted that if you used the house key, regardless of whether it was possibly stolen ("Come on, Kaime, who even needs that many keys? He wouldn't mind one. ...or two. ...or seventeen. No I was joking I didn't take seventeen keys, Christ."), then it was technically not breaking and entering. Anyway, Dragon was quite possibly the person least likely to call the police on her. Maybe he would yell at her and tell her mom, but not call the police.

As it turned out, they didn't need to even use the completely not stolen house key. When Kaime and Saivel got over to his house, they were able to peek in from the window (the blinds were only half-shut and there was a light outside but it was broken) and see him... sitting. And reading.

What was odd was the constant checking of his watch, which was the only thing that kept Saivel from dying of boredom, or so she said. Kaime helpfully pointed out that that wasn't actually possible. Saivel told them to shut up and she really wished that whatever Dragon was waiting for, it would happen soon.

At precisely 11:35 pm, Dragon shut his book and stood up. He walked with purpose in his stride, Saivel said, and Kaime admitted she wasn't just being dramatic. There was a certain distinct quality in Dragon's walk that was different than usual. The two watched as Dragon grabbed a thick black coat ("Not red," Saivel noted, "that's weird.") and quickly put it on, wrapping a dark grey scarf around his neck and then leaving the house.

Since that was what they were there for, Saivel and Kaime followed him. Kaime was just naturally quiet; oftentimes he would sneak up on Saivel purely by accident and 'scare her shitless.' Saivel had learned the trait from observation--and also out of determination. Too many of her 'brilliant plans' in the past had been foiled because she wasn't quiet enough. Not this one, though.

Even if Saivel had been wearing bright neon colors, Dragon quite possibly wouldn't have noticed her. He was entirely focused on the sidewalk in front of him, seemingly unconcerned about whether anyone was following him. Granted, he probably didn't expect anyone to follow him in the first place. Most people (sensible people at least) would leave Dragon alone. It was in their best interest not to bother him.

The moon was a sliver of silver in the cloudless sky, barely illuminating Dragon enough so that Saivel and Kaime could follow him. As he continued walking, winding through dark alleyways and streets where the lights flickered occasionally, Saivel started to doubt whether they would ever reach his destination.

Unfortunately, they did.

Before either of the two saw anything, they heard something. At first, Saivel didn't trust her ears, glancing over at Kaime for confirmation. They were still for a few moments, then nodded. It was one of the few times Saivel had seen Kaime with genuine shock on their face, not hidden behind their usual mask of neutrality.

Dragon had just told someone "don't move, or I will kill you."

His voice was eerily calm, as if he were telling someone that he was very sorry, but something had come up and he needed to change the appointment time--the sort of impersonal, fake tone that was not suited to that sentence. Or Dragon in general.

Regret flashed brief in Saivel's mind, then fear, and then against her own will she was creeping closer, some kind of morbid curiosity urging her onward. Kaime saw no way to dissuade her.

"And how exactly do you intend to accomplish that?" an unfamiliar voice sneered. Saivel could only make out a figure hidden in the shadows, looking as if they were crouching down next to--someone laying on the ground? That didn't bode well.

"I see. You're new to this city? How serendipitous." Dragon chuckled softly, but the stranger didn't react. "You have no idea who I am."

"Should I?"

Dragon shrugged, uncertain himself. "I shouldn't have expected it from you, if you were so bold as to go around feeding every night, not even bothering to hide the bodies." He glanced down at the body lying next to the stranger. "...I would've given you a chance to leave peacefully, but it's too late for that now. Shame. It wasn't your fault you came here, you know? Serendipity's just got some kind of... draw to creatures that have even an ounce of magic in them."

The stranger's voice lowered to a growl, repositioning themselves into what Saivel assumed was a fighting stance. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing you really need to be concerned about. I am bad about this monologuing stuff, really." Dragon sighed, the sort of sigh that was almost a laugh. The sound of it applied in this situation made Saivel's throat choke up--he'd been talking about bodies--was the person lying down dead? "Anyway, it's time you leave here. Permanently."

It was a practiced motion, Saivel could recognize that; the stranger leapt up at Dragon, somehow reminiscent of a wild animal. He didn't even blink an eye, bringing up a hand to grip the side of the odd figure's head and stopping them in their tracks.

"Stop struggling," he hissed, and threw whoever it was farther back than should have been possible. "I hate to fall back on cliches, but there's an easy way to this, and a hard way. Either way you're--"

Evidently he hadn't been expecting for the stranger to run not at him but past him, too fast for Saivel to comprehend. Sudden panic showed in Dragon's eyes as he whirled around, black coat flying around him. "Fuck--Saivel?"

She didn't know what was happening. Fear filled her entire being and she struck out, connecting with something, nails scraping against flesh wait was there already blood there? An incoherent swear was the response, and then a cold hand tried to grab at her arm. With a violent jerk she only just managed to throw it off, scrabbling for anything in order to fight back, settling for kneeing her attacker in the stomach.

Something sharp dug into her shoulder and with a yell she tried and failed to once again throw whoever it was off. She was bleeding. Fuck, she hated blood. She hated blood possibly more than anything else in the goddamn world and she regretted this decision so much.

Why was there so much blood, certainly there ought to be less? It hurt, so much, she--

Dragon's voice yelled "Get off her!" Any shred of calm he had had disappeared, and Saivel wasn't sure but she thought she heard some mixture of fear and anger and downright hatred in his voice.

"Fuck," she said, not capable of forming anything more coherent. There--there really was a lot of blood, wasn't there? Kaime was there, unexpectedly; they'd always been sneaky, but Saivel hadn't noticed them at all. Funny.

She was very tired.

*~*~*~*

Saivel woke up in her room.

Or, well, one of her rooms. On any given day she could be waking up in either of them. Her parents had long learned that it was no use trying to keep her from sneaking off to Dragon's house, and if they woke up to find she wasn't there the first thing to do would be to call Dragon and ask about her. They weren't terribly concerned about her staying over; if a bit... 'eccentric,' he could be trusted to keep Saivel safe.

Saivel, on the other hand, could not be trusted to keep herself safe. Her arm hurt, but she didn't really feel like someone ought to what with all the blood that had been POURING OUT OF IT (okay maybe she was exaggerating slightly but BLOOD SUCKED). It had been bandaged, evidently, quite well, though the sleeve of her shirt was sloppily cut away to allow for it. A blood-encrusted towel (she tried not to think about that too much) lay under it. She wasn't entirely sure what had happened between fighting off the weird stranger and waking up. Dragon ought to know.

Strangely enough, though, Dragon wasn't hovering protectively over her, or even in the room at all. Which meant something more important had come up. Dragon did not consider much of anything more important than peoples' well-being--once when she'd been sick with a minor cold he'd been worrying over her more than Sarine. And then gotten sick himself.

The question was what was more important. It could be any number of things. Judging by the fact she hadn't been woken up by some sort of catastrophe outside, probably not an attack by some kind of eldritch abomination. That only made things more confusing.

Kaime, hopefully, would still be around. Their parents were... unnaturally unconcerned about Kaime to the point Saivel almost doubted they were real people, so Dragon also had a room set aside for them.

Gingerly, Saivel propped herself up with her uninjured arm, trying to keep her other one as still as possible. She paused for a second, checking the floor to see if there were any slippers there. There were not. With a sigh, she swung her feet over the edge and onto the floor, then made her way to the door.

Kaime's room was conveniently across from hers, so she walked up to it and knocked, then opened the door without waiting for an answer. Unsurprisingly, Kaime was curled up on the armchair in a catlike fashion, completely absorbed in some book. They looked up as Saivel entered and quickly shut it. "Are you alright?"

"My arm hurts like a bitch, but yes for the most part." Saivel sat herself down on the bed. "Where's Dalgi?"

"Oh--" For a moment, Kaime looked surprised, then stood up. "He told me it would be easier to show. I'm not sure if that's right, but..." They waved her along. She got to her feet, somewhat reluctantly what with just having sat down, and followed.

Dragon turned out to be in the living room, hovering protectively over someone Saivel hadn't seen before. They looked to be a boy--about Saivel's age, with black spiky hair, covered in some kind of multicolored quilt. He jumped as Saivel and Kaime entered, then calmed down at seeing it was only them. "Ah, you're awake. How are you?" He smiled wanly, a cup of coffee steaming in his hand.

"Better than you look. Have you been up all night?" Saivel quipped by instinct. Dragon sighed and nodded. "...wait, you have?"

"Our... um. Our temporary guest is currently going through... well." Dragon scratched the back of his head and took a sip of his coffee. "...let's start from the beginning, shall we?" He gestured for Saivel and Kaime to take a seat. "Actually, Kaime, you already know the full story, so you can leave if you'd like."

"I'll go make breakfast," Kaime offered, already heading to the kitchen. Dragon watched them leave with a look of gratitude.

"You know what, ignore any of my other theories about the Cyprens, Kaime is a legitimate angel." Saivel gave him a look he knew very well. "Yeah yeah back on topic doing that now." Dragon went to drink more coffee, only to discover his cup was empty. "Kaime, would you mind making some more coffee?"

"Already on it," Kaime replied.

"Thank you. Back on topic."

"Finally."

"Shush." Dragon placed his empty cup on the table beside him with a clink, then leaned forward, trying to pick the right words to start out with. "...so, a few days ago, I received some worrying news from my, uh... friends at the police department."

"Minions."

"Friends can also be minions. As I was saying, I got some worrying news. There were a string of... um... recent murders. The one similarity was that all victims had died from blood loss, and yet there was, um, less blood than would be expected from--" Noticing Saivel's discomfort, Dragon hurriedly added, "you know what I'll just skip that part. Logically, if there was anything doing that, it would be a vampire."

"...so that was what that weird--person--was?"

"Not a person. Not anymore." Dragon's gaze shifted from the floor to the sleeping form beside him. "...so I intercepted the vampire. This guy was lined up to be his next victim."

"Wait, was this the guy... lying on the ground?" Saivel frowned. "I didn't see him moving the whole time."

"Let me correct that: this guy was his latest victim. But he wasn't going to go down as easy as the others. You know how someone gets turned into a vampire?"

For a few moments Saivel racked her brain. "Apologies, but I don't really study up on my vampire lore."

"Well, if--" Dragon thought it over for a second. "You know what, I'll skip the details. Vampires involve way too much blood just in general. Essentially, this guy is turning into a vampire. It's... a bit of a process, though. I'm not sure when he'll wake up."

"...there's no cure?"

"Nope."

"What are we gonna do with him?"

"Still working on it. I figure I've got at least a little while longer."

"You've got no idea what to do with the soon-to-be-fledgling vampire."

"No. I do have an idea what to do with you, though."

Saivel raised an eyebrow just as Kaime came into the room with a fresh pot of coffee. "Oh? Wait do I get coffee--" She was quickly handed a cup. "Thanks. Anyway, what do you mean by that?"

"What's that one show you watched on my computer that one time and I checked my browsing history and then--"

A devilish smirk spread across Saivel's face as she drank her coffee. "You enjoyed it."

"It teaches good moral lessons," Dragon insisted. "Anyway--"

Saivel cleared her throat before he finished his sentence, and then began overly dramatically, "Dear Princess Drag... Dragestia."

Dragon just glared at her. "No."

"Fine, fine. So, Dragon." She paused for thought. "In retrospect, this entire situation could have been avoided."

"That's a good start."

"Shut up--actually, wait, what happened to the vampire? I don't remember much."

There was an uncomfortable silence. After a length of time, Dragon said softly, "He's gone. Keep on going."

Saivel decided it would be best not to ask much further. She remembered well enough how Dragon had sounded.

He wasn't always in dad-mode (or more like weird-uncle mode, to be accurate). She would do well to remember that.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:58 pm

elder wrote:does anyone remember that time i was like 'vampire fuse au' and then didnt do anything with it because im shipping trash and i went

this is the perfect excuse to ship something that wouldnt happen otherwise

do you know what im talking about

I don't remember that but I def know what ship you're talking about.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:55 pm

*does the i'm watching you thing*

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:59 am

you came up with it

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:10 am

stop using logic, max, this is unfair

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:08 pm

your, uh, face is unfair

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:58 pm

um, thanks?

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:55 am

have a short thing

You weren't sure what you were expecting when you were kept awake by the noises of construction for weeks. Even when Dragon told you to check out an up-and-coming talent and sent you a doc with an address very close to yours, you were mostly confused and slightly curious. Even when you got into the company hovercar and drove off home (or, well, close enough really), your mind was mostly blank.

Whatever you were expecting, you weren't expecting to be greeted by a muffled curse when you knocked. "Kaime!" a voice (female, perhaps?) yelled.

Only a second later, the door swung open, and you were greeted by the sight of someone much, much taller than you, with dark skin and black hair and... odd green eyes that just looked slightly off, though you weren't sure why. Their clothes were ill-fitting, hanging off of their thin limbs, their loose grey pants collecting around their ankles. You guessed they were Kaime.

"Um, hello," Kaime said, gaze unblinking. It unnerved you slightly, so you looked down at the ground instead.

"I'm here for, um..." You glanced at the doc Dragon sent you. "...Saivel Athess?" Honestly, you had no idea whether that was a girl's name, a boy's name, or neither. But Kaime was presumably the person at the door, so...

"Whatcha want?" the voice from before yelled once again. You heard a loud noise like something slamming down upon something else. "Kaime, this was a terrible idea. I fucking told you, who gives a shit about birds? Do you even know how many reservations there are? Three goddamn eggs aren't going to--"

"Um, are you Saivel Athess?" You cut the voice off, wanting to make it short.

"No, they are," was the disdainful response. "'Course I am." Once again, there was the noise of slamming, and you couldn't help but flinch. A few curses later, someone else joined Kaime, shoving them aside in a friendly kind of manner. Kaime didn't seem offended or amused by this, just maintaining the same neutral expression.

Saivel stood only a few inches shorter than you, but was practically radiating confidence to the point you felt like she was taller. Her black hair was messy, hastily pulled into a rough ponytail which was largely ineffective, bangs still falling into her face. Both her tan skin and clothes (an ill-fitting, one-off buttoned plaid shirt and ripped, timeworn jeans with a beige apron failing to do anything to protect them) were smeared with black oil, but she didn't seem to care. What caught your eye, though, were her eyes. They were purple, dark purple, but purple nonetheless, and you were pretty sure that wasn't natural.

"So," she said, leaning against the doorframe with a grin on her face. "Like I said earlier, whatcha want?"

"I'm here, from, um--"

"No no don't tell me Dragon sent you." You stared at her, completely confused. "Kaime, see? I told you he was a suspicious fuck."

"Saivel, you don't know Dragon's intentions," Kaime reminded her.

"I've known him since I was like, half this height. I think I know him pretty well." Wait, Saivel knew Dragon? You racked your brain for possible explanations. Hadn't you heard?... someone named Athess used to be part of the company as well, but that was... a long time ago. How old was Saivel? There was no way she was old enough to be that Athess, certainly.

"Even if you knew him for your whole life, I doubt you could know Dragon's intentions."

"Shut up, Kaime." With her free hand, Saivel silenced Kaime. "Anyway, Dragon sent you. Yes?"

"...yes. I was... um. What are you doing?"

"Standing?"

"No, I mean, as in... you're setting up a business, aren't you?"

She scoffed. "Of sorts."

"What was the noise earlier?" You asked, hoping for some further insight.

"This dumbass insisted I build an incubator for some poor helpless bird eggs they found outside." Saivel removed her hand from Kaime's mouth to gesture behind her. "It's. It's working, kind of. Not really. Half of the supplies I expected to half were destroyed in what I'm told was an 'impressive pyrotechnic display.'" She rolled her eyes, then looked straight at you. "Tell Dragon that I got that stuff completely legally, he can check if he wants. And I'm not so stupid as to go infringing patents! If there's one thing we Athess are known for, it's for our mastering unpredictability."

"I... well, I've never heard of the Athess before..." You admitted sheepishly.

"That was thanks to Dragon," Kaime said, with emphasis on the thanks. You raised an eyebrow, but got no further explanation.

"But yeah, that's our specialty. Well. Mine now, I suppose. Mom wants to keep Sarine away from all this 'inventing' nonsense." Saivel sniffed and wiped her nose with the back of her hand, a thoughtful expression flitting across her face. "My d--I'm an expert on mimicking the unpredictability of human behavior."

You looked at her blankly.

"AI, you tin can, I'm talking AI. Artificial intelligence." Once again, she gestured over at Kaime. "Like this junk pile over here."

Kaime sighed. "I'm constructed of better quality--"

"Wait hold up--you're an android?" That explains the eyes, was the first thought in your mind. You looked over Kaime. They'd seemed... a little formal, and maybe kind of expressionless, but easily within the range that you would call 'human.' Apart from the slight oddity of the eyes...

"Ha! He couldn't fucking tell!" Saivel grinned at Kaime, who raised an eyebrow back. They looked human, too. How?... "Is Dragon branching out or something? AI's the one thing he hasn't got his hands on--or, well, anyone's got their hands on, I s'pose."

"But how did you--Kaime looks--how come you haven't already--" The questions were coming out one after the other, confusion filling your mind.

"My dad," was the reply, and nothing else. Saivel looked to your left, as if something had just caught her attention, and Kaime turned back to the inside of the building.

One answer. You furrowed your brow. "Which question was that the answer to?"

"All of them," Kaime said flatly.

"Yes. Yes, all of them." Saivel stood up and stretched, but you had the feeling she was faking her relaxed demeanor. "Does that conclude whatever spying Dragon wanted you to do, whatever your name is? Kaime's going to get on my case if these eggs die."

"Um, yes, it does." How could her father be the answer to all of those questions? How could those two words have suddenly changed the atmosphere from casual to--you weren't really sure. You'd have to ask Dragon.

"Alright then, see you. Or don't. See you. Bye. Tell Dragon he's an asshole." Kaime stepped back into the room as Saivel stumbled through the farewell, closing the door as she spoke.

"I won't do that."

"Shame." With a click, you were standing alone in front of the house.

Thoroughly confused by the whole conversation, you headed back to Dragon. You would have to do some research on the Athess family.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:06 am

i promise i will eventually get around to updating stuff

probably in order of updated least recently i guess?

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 pm

That means more Harry Potter, right? Awesome! You rock!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:52 pm

*sweats*

oh my god i completely forgot about that.....

im sO SORRY

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:47 pm

You still rock.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:16 am

my brain has spectactularly failed on providing inspiration/motivation for anything apart from maybe playlists for ships

aka ive decided that saivel x aaron is a thing in serendipity. its designed to be terrible. im a terrible person someone stop me.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:00 am

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Nice.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 am

ENOUGH TIME HAS BEEN SPENT BEING TOO GODDAMN LAZY AND UNMOTIVATED I WILL MOTHERFUCKING PUSH ON THROUGH SUCK A DUCK DEPRESSION

SO, STEP ONE: ORGANIZE LIST OF SHIT I NEED TO UPDATE, IN ORDER.

1 and 2 are kind of in flux bc of

things

1. Xia Potter, which TEE BEE AYTCH i dont remember where i was going plotwise but im 99% sure it was dumb so it

might need to be scrapped altogether lol

2. xiavengers, although this is indefinite until i FINALLY FIGURE OUT THE GODDAMN VILLAIN

3. star trek au, bc i need to introduce arthur and aaron

4. modern magic ii

5. tfc *cries softly*

6. teenlox

7. tpnd

8. music metaphor

9. riftjumper, eventually

things that are kind of, there, but not, yknow:

vampire fuse au because i am trash, like actual garbage just stuff me in the trash can over there no one will notice, and would never have a reason to ship this otherwise

a vampire au for US (WHOA I KNOW ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE IVE WRITTEN THAT KINDA SHIT) because i take pleasure in your suffering

future science robots lox au, wherein i basically just want to include a really dumb scene

Spoiler:
its my headcanon that fuse is a) very pansexual and b) very closeted so i just want saivel to be joking around and fuse is like WHAT, NO, I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO ANYONE OTHER THAN WOMEN, IN ANY FASHION, GIRLS AM I RIGHT and she's like... dude... are you ok?

this could probably be put in serendipity actually LOL i just want to write it

serendipity is drifting off somewhere in the distance but i will (one day) finish short valon-veren brother feels short story thing

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum