Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Currently playing : the role of Neil Gaiman stan

View user profile http://spaghettisaurus-rex.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 22 Empty Re: One Thousand and One AUs

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 am

here's an excerpt from the star trek au chapter:

With a sense of trepidation, he decided to look at who the hell his Medical Officer was going to be. Hopefully it wasn’t another kid of an admiral, or Arthur would locate the nearest cliff and jump off of it.

As it turned out, Kaime (no last name was provided) was not the kid of an admiral.

No. They were an alien ambassador.

Arthur threw his PADD violently at the floor the moment he realized what he’d just read, and only slightly regretted it.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:03 am

help i need to figure out what tattoos to give serendipity!saivel

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:24 pm

What's Serendipity about again?

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:19 pm

it started out as a college au and became 'so everybody's living in this city which is a hotspot for supernatural activity and basically, let's just fuck everyone up'

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Oh yeah. Probably lots of cute feminist and queer ones with a couple uses of the word "bitch" thrown in.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:34 am

i was thinking of putting 'lover AND a fighter' bc i thought that was fitting

but also gonna take that into consideration. saivel has a lot of arm space and other space

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:19 am

vampire au ramble on a whim

Arthur adopted a thoughtful face for a few moments, chin resting in his hand, before his eyes glanced back towards the man sitting across from him. "There's no paperwork or anything I need to fill out?" he asked, after studying the man's face for a few moments.

The man exhaled softly, leaning forward with a sheepish look. "Strictly speaking, this organization isn't... well, it's not entirely legal. If we were some sort of government-funded vampire hunting organization, then first off, you wouldn't be sitting here, but there'd no doubt be two tons of paperwork to wade through. Good thing we're not, huh?" As he finished speaking, he forced a beseeching smile, hoping for anything other than a slight frown from Arthur. He got nothing of the sort.

"Yeah... well, er, Dragon, you haven't told me what this job--what do I even do, I mean vampire hunting?" Arthur chuckled nervously. "My friends and I were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even though it sounds really cool, I am not cut out for that."

"What the job is isn't important." Dragon lost the smile, face turning serious. "What is important is whether you'll take it."

A scoff and an eye roll was the response as Arthur sat up straight, placing his hands in his lap. "I can be stupid sometimes," he admitted, "but I'm not stupid enough to take a job I know only a little about."

The expression on Dragon's face turned from serious to downright threatening as he spoke, words carrying a sense of finality. "Did I make the deal clear in the beginning, Mr. Andrews? It looks like I didn't, so let me restate: you join us, we help your girlfriend--"

"Not my girlfriend," Arthur hissed through gritted teeth, glaring at the desk.

Dragon corrected himself with a touch of sarcasm. "We help your friend who is a girl deal with her... unique abilities, we don't kill your friend with the long hair for being an abomination, and you get to kill vampires."

"I don't want to kill people. Actual people." Arthur glanced at the floor now, wanting to avoid Dragon's eyes as much as possible.

"They're already dead," Dragon pointed out.

Another eye roll from Arthur. "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck--"

"We're not talking about ducks here, we're talking about undead creatures that feast on blood," Dragon hissed, beginning to lose his patience.

Realizing that making Dragon angry was probably not the best idea, Arthur sighed. "Still, you can't expect a sixteen-year-old to kill someone, regardless if they're a vampire."

"That's why you'll just be in training for some time."

Arthur was quiet, thinking it over. They couldn't really kill Bloons... could they? And Elder had been managing just fine on her own for that long--oh who was he kidding with that, really? Elder herself would probably be the first to admit that everything was not chill.

...ultimately, his concern for his friends overrode his common sense and the twisting feeling in his gut. "...fine."

Dragon seemed taken aback. "Sorry?"

"Fine. I'll do it. I'll take the job."

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Ooooh yay.

And I love the tattoo idea! I should make a list of Vee's tattoos.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:20 pm

i really want to write something just to incorporate the line 'The laws of physics are optional' bc of

????

i dont have an explanation, im sorry

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Who needs one? That sounds awesome!

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:44 pm

SUDDEN URGE TO DAD!DRAGON, IM SORRY

It's two a.m., and Dragon isn't woken by the alarm but by the sound of things falling, crashing and clanging against each other, and someone cursing downstairs--it starts out as 'fuck' and then devolves into some sort of amalgamation of every curse word known to man and--

that sounds an awful lot like Korean, and suddenly he's not in that half-asleep awful groggy irritated mood but filled with urgency. The night air is cold and he's literally in his underwear but he actually leaps out of bed (every time he's ever read that in any kind of book he's always thought  it was bullshit but here he is doing it) and runs out of his room. His shoulder knocks into the door jamb with a lot more force than he would like, really, but by the time he fully realizes it's happened he's halfway down the staircase already.

Saivel is crumpled on the floor in the kitchen and there are several things on the floor, most noticeably a shattered bottle of some kind of alcoholic beverage, the type Dragon's kept around for probably over a century by now and wonders why he hasn't thrown away by now. Her fingers have been cut on the shattered glass and she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered about it.

By now, the curses have faded away into silence. Just because she's not sobbing doesn't mean Dragon can't see she's crying, and he is suddenly so... unnerved.

How, exactly, is he supposed to react? Wacky uncle he can manage perfectly fine, disapproving mentor he can do, but--

This is different.

Dragon knows, already, what it's about. Veren has been in the hospital for two days now. He's not entirely sure why, but it's changed something in Saivel. I mean--it's reasonable, of course, that she'd be upset and worried and agitated, but there's something hesitant in the way she moves, like she's afraid she'll break everything she touches. That's not Saivel. That's so un-Saivel Dragon is almost concerned that Chaos has gotten to her.

There's something she hasn't told anyone, even Kaime probably, and that's the reason she's acting like that. That's the reason she's in his kitchen at two a.m., failing at an attempt to chase everything away with alcohol--that's always worked before, hasn't it?

She doesn't acknowledge him as he stands there. Dragon is silent, and she is too.

He hates it.

"Um," he says eventually, hoping that something else will come to mind after that. Nothing does.

Luckily (or unluckily) Saivel starts talking all at once like she was waiting for his cue. "It was my fault" is what comes first and then "I fucked up Dragon I fucked up, it's my fault, God fucking dammit..." she trails off and looks at the floor. "Uh, sorry, about, the... the mess, I guess..."

"It's alright," is the immediate reply ('you've done worse before' is almost what follows, but Dragon catches himself before that comes out). She called him Dragon, not 'Dalgi,' not any kind of other stupid nickname she's made up for him.

He's not prepared to deal with this.

"Why did you come here?" he asks, and then mentally smacks himself. Good job, Dragon, good fucking job. Your--what--pretend niece? Kind of niece? Weird student person, whatever, comes over to your house probably looking for comfort and you can't do shit because you're not human anymore.

And there's the thing. There it is. Saivel needs help and comfort, but she needs it from someone who's human. He's not human.

It's not really a problem that's arisen before. In fact, it's been more of an advantage than anything, because Dragon... hasn't really had cause to form a relationship where he needs to be human. He never got married or had kids, and his relationship with the other guys in their organization of sorts is friendly, yes, but he's never needed to be human with them because--well, none of them are human anymore. Time does that.

Then the Athess family happened.

It makes sense, really, what with their deal with a spirit of Chaos and all that. That they'd mess everything up. Shake things up, you know, force them to deal with stuff they hadn't before.

Not this, though.

Saivel's reply is soft, and once again so un-Saivel it's... scary. Scary, more than anything. "Didn't want to bother..."

But it's okay to bother me, is what Dragon instinctively wants to say, but he doesn't. Instead, he sighs and crouches down and starts cleaning up the mess. "Let's clean this up," he says. "Then I'll--I don't know, um, coffee probably isn't the best idea, what do you want? I don't know what the appropriate thing is for this--" He's rambling, he realizes, and it's--he doesn't like it, this not knowing, this uncertainty. Dragon--he is in control, all the time. Or he's supposed to be, at least.

"I know you've been hiding an assload of ice cream in your freezer," Saivel says with a hint of laughter in her voice. That's good, right?

"Yeah, sure, I'll get that out, and well I'm not particularly interested in eating that so you can have the whole thing, though I'm not saying you should, that sounds unhealthy, and uh--"

Saivel's smiling, chuckling a little (at him, but he doesn't really mind right then). "Thanks."

It takes him off guard, that simple word. "Hmm?"

"Thanks. For, uh, not being... angry, or anything."

"Oh." Dragon pauses. He doesn't say 'no problem,' because really, it was, in a way. He doesn't like it--how Saivel's very presence reminds him he's lost his humanity somewhere along the way. 'You're welcome' doesn't seem quite right either, too formal, he supposes. So he stays quiet.

He ends up falling asleep on the couch halfway through the movie Saivel picks out and wakes up with this awful pain in his back. Saivel's sleeping on his favorite chair, bundled up in a cocoon of blankets.

He can't help but smile, because she looks peaceful somehow, and lets her sleep. She probably needs it, anyway.

Dragon turns off the TV and goes to the kitchen to make coffee.

Odd, he thinks, as he tries not to fall asleep all over again. Saivel reminds him that he's lost his humanity, but he thinks that maybe, just maybe, she might be restoring it again.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Aww. I love that Dragon's such a mother hen.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:48 am

oh my god im going to give saivel a tattoo that says 'no hetero tho' yeS

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:22 am

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 22 QGls1zn

this is what i settled on, eventually

i didnt go for anything too complicated because i wanted to, yknow, be capable of drawing it

is this ever going to be colored? do you see that sloppy clean-up job maybe ill draw another serendipity!saivel w/ all her tattoos and shit and color that one but not this

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:16 am

allow me to babble about vampire hunter au

first things first: it's set in san francisco, for no particular reason other than the thing i remember most about sf is: fog, fog fog fog fog fog f FUCKNING FFOG FOR AGES JESUS CHRIST, and i thought that worked

im half-tempted to go waistcoats with this because *UGLY SNORT*

nah

elder: yo soy idk how to say a psychic in spanish, fuck

more accurately, probably a medium? point is, shit fucks with your brain hearing voices of the dead in your head. basically it's like: look, elder can help us, but she won't be any help if she can't deal with her abilities, so we're going to teach her how to deal with 'em and she'll work for us in return

bloons is a half-vampire (DID YOU GET THAT FROM WHAT DRAGON SAID IN THE THING? BECAUSE THAT WAS WHAT IT MEANT) which the vampire hunter... guild? organization? who fuckin KNOWS man is choosing to ignore for the time being, as he doesnt seem to be a threat and also if they kill him andy will refuse to join

andy doesn't get exactly why this organization wants him so bad, but they strike a deal with him and he agrees to train to become a vampire hunter in exchange for them not brutally murdering bloons

(hed wear the whole waistcoat thing and stuff just to be ~dramatic~ and everyone is just like dude i fukccin g swear)

Spoiler:
they want him because for some reason the leader of the largest local coven of vampires is interested in turning him, and they're like ????? yeah we're not letting that happen so they decide hey lets train him to be a vampire hunter then figure out why the fuck they want him so much

max is another vampire hunter in training with probably more interest in magic than she ought to have, but hey, as long as the weird shit she mixes up is only hurting their enemies and not them there's technically nothing wrong with it

guy is...

i dont know, shit.

i guess he's also another vampire hunter in training (why are they recruiting high-schoolers this is DOWNRIGHT IRRESPONSIBLE,) who takes his job way less seriously than he ought to but for some reason they don't kick him out

(there are probably Reasons involved like w/ andy but *LOUD HNNGH NOISES* PLOTTT)

dragon is the leader of the organization. there's something off about him, tho, like... no one's entirely sure how long he's been around? when asked everyone's just like 'as long as i can remember tbh' so ?????? ? ? ??

ashton is a terribly incompetent vampire. he tries so hard

everything involves shady deals and probably ancient magic and shit

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:04 am

idk if that's even how half-vampires work but Bloons can glamour the shit out of anyone and everyone

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:26 pm

everyone has said 'bite me' as joke to bloons at least once during an argument. he no longer finds it funny and has jokingly tried to actually bite someone.

the phrase is now taboo.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Yes.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:24 am

this started out with two lines of dialogue i really wanted to incorporate and turned into a teenlox random thing

...i could take this in another direction, i just realized. fuck it. ill do that too. why not.

"So, what do you think?" Saivel pivoted gracefully around to face the two sitting on the couch (well, in truth, only one was doing anything that could be construed as 'sitting'). Kaime, seated with impeccable posture, maintained their typical neutral expression and shrugged. Aaron, who was sprawled inelegantly across almost the entire couch, head on one end while his feet were very nearly resting on Kaime, looked up at her with a disbelieving kind of look.

"Saivel," he said matter-of-factly, "this sounds really gay."

Saivel couldn't stop the grin from spreading over her face and only just managed to hold back a laugh. "It is."

Aaron quirked an eyebrow. "What?"

This time she couldn't stop a chuckle, pressing her fist to her mouth in an attempt to stifle it. It was a few moments before she was able to speak. "It is really gay."

*~*~*~*

Before Venia could do anything else, Arthur got out of the seat he'd been forced into and turned around to face her, hands held out in the universally recognized gestured for 'stop.' Venia froze, not even moving when he brought his hands back down to his side. With a sigh, he cleared his throat, then raised his voice and asked, "Is anyone going to tell me what's happening?"

Venia rolled her eyes. "A surprise. Sur-prise." She sounded out the syllables slowly, like he was a child or something. Arthur glared at her, but she continued unperturbed. "Noun. Something that I can't tell you about because it'll ruin it! Now just--just let me comb your hair." She reached out her hands, beckoning him towards her.

"Can't you... not?" Admittedly, Arthur was possibly being a little childish, but he wasn't going to let Venia just do whatever she wanted with his hair. He didn't trust her not to--dye it some ridiculous color, or something similar.

"No. Sit." Venia's voice suddenly became stern. She pointed downwards at the seat, her eyes narrowed just slightly to tell Arthur she meant business. With a completely manly and dignified noise that was definitely not a squeak, he rushed over and sat down obediently. "Thank you. Jesus." Rolling her eyes again, she set to work neatening up Arthur's hair. Not that it was terrible or anything, but the windswept kind-of disheveled look would not work. Not in this situation.

"...can you at least hint to me what's going to happen?"

"Well..." Venia paused for a second and rubbed her chin with one hand, like she was actually thinking it over. Arthur looked up hopefully. "No," she decided, smirking at Arthur's disappointment. "Now sit still, you baby."

*~*~*~*

"This is terrible." Aaron stood, unnaturally stiff, in the middle of the room. "Why would you do this to me?" he whined, nailing Saivel with the saddest, most innocent eyes he could manage. It was her turn to quirk an eyebrow at him.

"You agreed to this, Aaron," she reminded him. "And besides, I think you look alright. Better than you usually do." Aaron glared at her, then turned to Kaime instead for sympathy.

"Kaime, can you help her see--see reason? This is probably illegal. Isn't cruel and unusual punishment illegal?"

Kaime looked at Aaron thoughtfully, scrutinizing him. "Wearing a suit can't be that bad," they said softly.

"She hasn't forced you into one yet," Aaron grumbled.

"And I won't, because Kaime is mature enough not to fuss about wearing a fucking suit." Saivel crossed her arms over her chest. She nodded towards the couch. "Your suit's over there, Kaime, go ahead and get changed in the bathroom. Aaron--" she gave him a warning look-- "if you even think of doing anything to that suit, I will do ten times worse to you."

Aaron stopped fiddling with the suit's sleeves and sat down on a free area of the couch. Kaime just barely smiled as they picked up their suit and headed into the bathroom. "I saw that," Aaron grumbled. Kaime shrugged and walked away. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you should go suck a duck, Aaron."

"Shut the fuck up, Saivel."

*~*~*~*

Arthur paused as he stepped out of the car--this place looked... familiar. Oh. "Venia, why are we in front of Saivel's house?"

Venia pushed him out of her way, causing him to almost fall over on his face, then stepped out herself. "Do I need to define surprise for you again?"

"You didn't need to push me," Arthur muttered, brushing off his suit. "That'd ruin all of your effort, you know, if I fell."

"You didn't need to be in my way," Venia retorted. "Anyway, chop chop, we don't want to be late." She gripped onto Arthur's arm and started practically dragging him towards the front door. He stared at her, shocked, for a few moments, and then stumbled to catch up.

"Late? Late for what?" Arthur racked his mind for any type of events that could be happening. It was the middle of summer. Apart from it being summer, there wasn't really anything happening. Was there some sort of obscure holiday on July 17th? Not that he knew of, but then again, if it was an obscure holiday, then... Venia tugged on his arm again and he, once again, almost fell over.

"Your surprise, what else?"

"Why would I be late to it though I mean I guess--"

"Arthur, shut up." Venia came to a sudden stop in front of the door, then knocked against it three times in succession.

"Is that a secret code? Am I going to be initiated into some sort of weird cult you and Saivel have set up?"

"Well, now that you mention it..." As Arthur widened his eyes, half-concerned, Venia laughed. "I'm joking, Artie. Chill. And--right on time!" The door swung open to reveal...

"Aaron?" Arthur couldn't believe it.

Dressed up neatly as he was, Aaron was almost unrecognizable. The glare he gave Arthur, though, was more than enough proof that he was, in fact, Aaron, but it was quickly replaced by a forced smile. "Right this way, sir," he said, voice restrained. Arthur would've laughed if he wasn't afraid he would've gotten beaten up for it. Instead, he mutely followed Aaron into the house with one last glance back at a grinning Venia. A grinning Venia could mean many things.

As it turned out, a grinning Venia meant a slightly bemused Kaime sitting at a candlelit table. As Arthur sat down, he raised an inquisitive eyebrow. Kaime smiled, a full smile, not the barely-there ones that were typical for them.

"Saivel came up with the idea," they explained. Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Why am I not surprised?" He sighed and grinned back at Kaime. "Well, she's paying for it."

"This is really gay," Aaron remarked once again, looking at the two, and then continued, softer, "but also kind of cute."

"I heard that." Saivel was grinning from ear-to-ear. "It is, though. Both of them. Really gay, and really cute."

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

One Thousand and One AUs - Page 22 Empty man

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:38 am

*flails everywhere, cries, lies down*

ugh brotherly feels, just kill me

this started because i wanted to talk about valon and veren's relationship and better establish their characters i guess? (LOL i didnt really do either of those things ill probably ramble about it in the ploy thread at some point) i didnt like just having valon be all ooh cold calculating asshole from the start so basically

chaos ruined everything

anyway

dhjkdhjdh:
Hyung

Sarine set the table with too many plates.

Nobody noticed for quite some time. I didn't, certainly, still not entirely recovered from my near-death experience at the hands of my very own brother injuries. The doctors had been somewhat reluctant to let me leave and said to inform them immediately if anything went wrong. The last thing on my mind was the number of plates on the table.

Saivel and 아내 Sarang Rhea were too busy with my coming back home to care about much else. The moment I stepped (or more accurately, hobbled) through the door, Saivel hugged me like she only used to when she was a child. It was odd, seeing her so affectionate.

Rhea had been busy making everything absolutely perfect, and allowed Sarine to set the table only because she was preoccupied. (Sarine, to her credit, had very nearly broken my ribs with her hug, but it wasn't as unusual an occurrence as Saivel's hug.)

When we all sat down to eat, I was the first to notice. I almost started to speak--to ask where he was--before the lump in my throat stopped me. He wasn't there. He wouldn't be there for quite some time, possibly forever.

Rhea was the first to notice my look. She glanced from me to where I was looking, stood silently, walked over, and put the plate away.

There was a long silence before Saivel began to say something about something or other she'd gotten up to with Kaime.

*~*~*~*

He hasn't said a word in a month, says one of the--nurses, I suppose, as they take me to my brother. Rhea walks alongside me. There are muted sounds around us, but they barely register. All I hear, really, is the tapping of our shoes against the floors. They're white. Everything's white.

I hate it, I think. I don't know.

I don't know what to do.

Finally, we come to a halt. There's some activity going on that many patients are involved in--I'm not entirely sure what, too busy looking for him. My eyes scan through the room, coming to a rest on--

That is not my brother is the first thing that comes to mind, because it.. it's true. My brother's body, perhaps, but not my brother. There is no Valon in those eyes--purple, bright purple, brighter than I remember them being, apart from that night when I woke to hands round my neck and and that can only mean--I walk over to my brother's shell.

He does not look up at me until I am very close, and then with an oddly curious expression. He doesn't recognize me.

I want to cry.

*~*~*~*

I continue visiting. One day, then the next, then the next. Every day is the same blank stare of confusion--Who are you? his eyes say. Every day is silence, terrible silence. I hate it.

Every day I tell myself, today, today, today. Today he will look and think--Veren. Today you will have your brother back.

It doesn't prove true for some time. It wears on me, the silence, the lack of recognition. I don't want to go back, yet a strange sense of duty compels me to. I start going alone after the first week. Rhea just shales her head sadly as I leave, but she says nothing.

I don't know why, but I pray. It's been years since I ever even entertained the thought of there being a God, but I want to believe in something, anything, just for the hope of having my brother back. I pray at night, thinking, over and over again--give me my brother back. Please give me my brother back. I fall asleep praying, crying silently so as not to wake Rhea.

It is July 13th. His birthday. If there is any day for him to come back, it is today--but I don't get my hopes up too much. I don't want to be disappointed that badly when it turns out like every other day until now.

For a few minutes I sit in the car, mind blank, unable to muster up the motivation to move, to walk, to go see the husk they call my brother again and pretend that everything will be fine. It's so hard, lying to yourself for so long. Half of me just wants to turn around and drive away. To give up.

In the end I walk slowly along. The helpers look at me pityingly, I know. They know I have visited every single day for almost two months now. They know I leave each day looking dejected, disappointed.

But not, as it turns out, today.

Today, I walk up to Valon and expect the same as every day before. A dull stare lacking recognition, an awkward conversation where he just--sounds lost.

Today, he looks at me with those bright purple eyes and something changes in them, something small, almost so that I don't see it, and he opens his mouth. My heart stops as I see him thinking, still confused as always but--

His voice is raspy with lack of use and uncertain and so, so soft, but I hear the word as clear as day. "Hyung."

Before I know what I'm doing, I hug him. I hug him as tight and as close as I dare. He smells clinical somehow, unnatural, but I don't care. Uncertainly my brother reaches up to hug me back. "Hyung," he says again, with more force this time. "Seung-hwan."

"Ye," I breathe more than I speak. Tears well up in my eyes and I laugh, strangely enough, because my brother, my brother is back. "Seung-hyo." My voice is strained and I probably sound ridiculous but I don't care because I have him back. The spirit couldn't take him away from me. Nothing can.

Not my brother.

Last edited by elder on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:22 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 am

*kicks down the door*

time to ramble about vampire hunter au

guy, elder, and riku are all mediums, but they sort of show their abilities in different ways. elder hears spirits; guy sees spirits; riku is somehow attuned so that when he's communicating they can speak through him (this is a thing b/c of 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil' bc i. idk i liked it)

they've got this kinda medium support group thing going on

in essence, the training is a kind of summer camp in sf: dragon's woven a fuckton of lies to coerce their parents into agreeing w/ it

max and elder are roommates, right next to bloons, guy and fuse (bloons is there just so the organization thing can keep an eye on him)

the first year everything goes alright; medium abilities are getting controlled, bloons isn't up to anything really and doesn't understand why he's there tbh, fuse as far as they can tell is safe

the second year is when things start going wrong

nine months is an awful long time and even w/ communication w/ the other mediums it's just... hard? your abilities develop more as you grow, they eventually stop tho you dont just keep on getting better at communicating w/ spirits forever thatd be weird

(they also develop the more 'spiritlike' you are/disconnected from life, essentially. the best mediums are the people who are the worst mentally)

and a new guy shows up in town--darkblithe, who, as it so happens, is intent on getting andy for w/e they need him for. dragon is stressed.

im really bad at describing this TBH but basically here are a few points for when itll start, which. idk when. i really want to actually stick to my schedule thing but the star trek au chapter is only half-done after this long sO

1. everyone's been through this last year already
2. everyone also knows each other
3. everyone is also knowledgeable about vampires n shit

um

99% sure i wanted to put more shit there but its gone, poofed, disappeared from existence. welp.

yeah star trek au chapter isnt... isnt going v well

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Death is... kinda hot on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 am

Cool.

I'm a girl, by the way.
Death is... kinda hot
Death is... kinda hot
Reader of good books
Reader of good books

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:32 am

look here's what I have of star trek au chapter right now in the hopes itll motivate me to write more

apart from max y'all are dead af but I WILL WRITE, I SWEAR TO GOD

Chapter Two: A Good First Impression is Key to a Good Professional Relationship

Arthur Belnz stared blankly down at the PADD in front of him, reading the same three words over and over again as if they would somehow change if he just willed them to enough. He couldn’t believe what was happening to him.

He didn’t have any choice whatsoever regarding his First Officer, Science Officer or Medical Officer. Usually he would’ve trusted Starfleet to make a good decision for him, at the very least, and be quietly displeased. But he’d tough it out. Though not a social butterfly, Arthur thought himself able to befriend practically anyone.

It figured that when he was rejoicing over assuming command of Citadel, a famous ship, something would happen to ruin everything.

This something was the name on his screen—three words, Saivel Mei Athess. Even if Athess hadn’t been an uncommon name, it mentioned in her file that she was definitively the daughter of Veren Athess, an honored admiral and the last captain of Citadel, and Ambassador Rhea Athess. It also mentioned that she had a tendency to act without thinking and a hesitant addition from someone noted alcoholic tendencies, something to keep an eye on in the future.

In all honesty, he wouldn’t have been nearly as distressed if they had some sort of safer, more stable assignment. Of course, Citadel couldn’t be relegated to something like that. No, no, the famous ship had to do something more exciting than that. They were exploring where no one had explored before, of course they were, where their safety was never entirely guaranteed, where they had only rudimentary ideas of what could be past the next corner.

If Saivel Athess died, or got severely injured, Arthur had a sickening feeling that he would be blamed, whether or not it was actually his fault (and it probably would be, to some extent). He did not want the wrath of Admiral Athess or Ambassador Athess on him. That would fuck up his career catastrophically.

Still, there was nothing he could do about it. With a sense of trepidation, he decided to look at who the hell his Medical Officer was going to be. Hopefully it wasn’t another kid of an admiral, or Arthur would locate the nearest cliff and jump off of it.

As it turned out, Kaime (no last name was provided) was not the kid of an admiral.

No. They were an alien ambassador.

Arthur threw his PADD violently at the floor the moment he realized what he’d just read, and only slightly regretted it.

*~*~*~*

The PADD sat on the floor, face-down, for many hours before Arthur even thought about picking it up again. He settled for glaring at it whenever he spotted it out of the corner of his eye, and then turning back to reading his old paperback book (an oddity, he supposed, but he liked the feel of them in his hands) until guilt finally settled in. Even so, he twiddled his thumbs and sat there for several minutes before he put the book down and got to his feet.

At that point, he made himself a cup of coffee and sat down again, then got up again to go to the bathroom, and then sat down again and stared at the fiendish thing while sipping his coffee.

To be fair, it wasn’t really the PADD’s fault. It was Starfleet’s fault. Don’t shoot the messenger, he thought to himself with a grimace. Seriously though, who thought it would be a good idea to send an alien ambassador on a potentially very, very dangerous expedition into the unexplored reaches of space? What good was an ambassador on a starship that far away from, well, a place where they did the ambassador… thing?

(Was there a word for it? Arthur thought it over for a few minutes before deciding that no, there probably was not, and he was just trying to make up excuses not to pick up the PADD and finish reading through the files.)

(…he really did not want to pick up the PADD and finish reading through the files. Was that reason enough? No, it wasn’t, of course it wasn’t.)

Arthur debated whether or not he could read a few more pages of his book before picking his PADD up until it started to beep a message alert. Leaving his coffee behind, he dashed over to the PADD and snatched it up quickly, flipping it over to see it unharmed, or at least as far as he could tell. Admiral King had sent him a message.

Anger forgotten, he immediately opened it and read the entire thing. And then read it again.

Completely bewildered by the admiral’s message, Arthur turned back to the information he’d received on his assigned officers. Skipping over Kaime for the moment, he moved on to Aaron Frye, his Science Officer.

He… had a criminal record that Arthur couldn’t see?

The file was short, too short—Arthur apparently wasn’t allowed to see… what, half of it? Probably more than half of it, even. All he was left with was the basics; name, age, gender, etc., etc., etc.

Now Admiral King’s letter suddenly made a lot more sense. Arthur went back to it and read it for the third time.

‘Arthur:

You’re probably receiving this later than you ought to be, but that’s bureaucracy for you. I only just got free to write this out, and I don’t have that much time before I’m going to have to meet with someone else about something-or-other.

I expect you’ve probably read up on who your assigned officers are by now. First off: apologies for the whole ‘assigning you officers’ thing. Despite what you may think, a certain admiral was actually quite against it, as I was. However, the others came to the consensus that a ‘sensitive mission’ such as yours necessitated it.

I also expect you to have several questions about exactly who your assigned officers are, especially Aaron Frye. I assure you that, although you may be suspicious, Mr. Frye is completely trustworthy and qualified for the position. Actually, he’s probably overqualified, and could do us more good here on Earth than out in space. Once again, that’s bureaucracy for you.

There are perfectly good reasons as to why you can’t see the entirety of his file, as well. Don’t worry about it. (I know you will anyway, but at least make an effort.)

As for the others, I’m sure that Miss Athess will be more than capable of being a First Officer, and Kaime is a brilliant doctor. You could have done far worse.

-R.K.’

Although, to a certain degree, Admiral King’s message was comforting, Arthur couldn’t help but be unnerved by the fact that he had an officer he knew nothing about. Why did Citadel’s mission ‘necessitate’ Aaron’s presence? What was so ‘sensitive’ about it? Arthur frowned at his PADD, his fingers drumming thoughtfully against its surface. Admiral King had left him with more questions than answers.

prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum