[MP?] Hack'N'Slash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[MP?] Hack'N'Slash

Post by Andrew on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:07 pm

A new game from Double Fine! It currently seems to be a Zelda-like game where you actually hack through the game itself. Anyways, they released a puzzle in the form of a .zip.jpg file containing a song, maintheme.mp3, a story, WorldTablet.txt, and a video, outdoors.mp4

http://hacknslashthegame.com/

Here's the site. Clicking the image allows you to download the file.

Contents of worldtablet.txt:
A   note   from   the   Acting    A   note   from   the   Acting    Regent    Wizard:    I    have    Regent    Wizard:    I    have    imposed      stringent     new    imposed      stringent     new    laws    for     the  kingdom’s    laws    for   the    kingdom’s    safety.       My      security    safety.       My      security    forces     have     discovered    forces     have     discovered    individuals    embedded  among    individuals  embedded    among    us    that   seek   to   bring    us    that   seek   to   bring    chaos    to    our    kingdom.    chaos    to    our    kingdom.    The    application  of   these    The  application    of   these    laws   will   be   focused  on    laws   will   be   focused  on    preventing    their   success.    preventing    their   success.    It   is  imperative   that  we    It is    imperative   that  we    capture     these    dangerous    capture     these    dangerous    dissidents.             First,    dissidents.             First,    all      enciphered   messages    all    enciphered     messages    are   forbidden.   We   cannot    are   forbidden.   We   cannot    secure       our       radiant    secure       our       radiant    kingdom       with     secrets    kingdom     with       secrets    kept    from    each    other.    kept    from    each    other.    Second,    no    one   is   to    Second,    no    one   is   to    enter    the  forest.  I  have    enter  the    forest.  I  have    many      powerful     spells,    many      powerful     spells,    but    no    incantation  will    but    no  incantation    will    rid    the   forest   of   the    rid    the   forest   of   the    evils    that    have   awoken    evils    that    have   awoken    there.   You  have  all  heard    there.   You  have  all  heard    the    tales     presented  by    the    tales   presented    by    our    brave    military   men    our    brave    military   men    who     have     managed    to    who     have     managed    to    escape   the   forest   alive.    escape   the   forest   alive.    Finally,    I   have   set   a    Finally,    I   have   set   a    reward    for    reports    of    reward    for    reports    of    dissident     activity;     it    dissident     activity;     it    is   my   hope   that   by our    is   my   hope   that by   our    collective    watchful    eye,    collective    watchful    eye,    we   can   find    the  source    we   can   find  the    source    of     these     new     evils    of     these     new     evils    facing    us.    I   will   be    facing    us.    I   will   be    the     first   and    loudest    the   first     and    loudest    to       celebrate       their    to       celebrate       their    passing.    Restoring    peace    passing.    Restoring    peace    will   allow  me  to  pass  on    will   allow  me  to  pass  on    the   regency   to   our  fair    the   regency   to   our  fair    princess,               having    princess,               having    successfully     observed   my    successfully   observed     my    oath     to     prepare    the    oath     to     prepare    the    kingdom    for    her   reign.    kingdom    for    her   reign.    I   long   for  the  day  when    I   long   for  the  day  when    the    glyphs  of   her   name    the  glyphs    of   her   name    appear    upon    the    crown    appear    upon    the    crown    that   is   rightfully   hers.    that   is   rightfully   hers.
Normally it has a lot of strange spaces in it, which the forums fix so it's actually readable. Nevermind, it's only fixed in the preview.

Outdoors.mp4:

I'll be uploading maintheme.mp3 soon.

Update: Maintheme.mp3's genre is aes-256-cbc, which apparently is military grade encryption.

Update 2: Found this image on the Double Fine forums: http://s10.postimg.org/ebfnk13jt/Screenshot_2013_12_10_13_51_33.jpg

Last edited by Lord Fuse on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [MP?] Hack'N'Slash

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Downloading <.<

Chiller, thriller, vampire killer
Chiller, thriller, vampire killer

Currently playing : LiFe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: