Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay! [Reboot]

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay! [Reboot]

Post by no mom its ironic on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Doctor Edrea Sibyl, or the Witch Doctor, began it all searching for something that was not quite a panacea--not quite a cure for everything--but something that was greater. Something that could end death, forever.

Of course, Dr. Sibyl was backed with extravagant amounts of money to help with her research. The finest minds in the world all grouped together. First the idea was abstract, but soon they decided the only way was to alter the human body; something that could change it from a weak bag of flesh to an eternal monument.

Soon, though, Sibyl forced everyone away, refusing to allow anyone else to work on it with her. The only idea she allowed to be known was experimental, and even that took a large amount of gentle coaxing, and some measures that weren't so gentle. A small, bright gem, able to fit in the palm of your hand, was able to produce something known as 'hard light.' Hard light was easily manipulable, and impenetrable, though it required an incredible energy source--or at least the hard light generators Sibyl gave others required incredible energy sources.

Years dragged on and still no one knew exactly what Sibyl was working on. The Witch Doctor was cooking up something the likes of which had never been seen before. Eventually she had an announcement--she would release this cure for death in but a week in the capital city. People were anxious, waiting, watching.

When they first saw the golden swarm they saw it like a gift from heaven. A miracle. They did not realize what would happen next.

Most people realized it was Sibyl's cure for death, and allowed the shimmering cloud of nanobots to overwhelm them, only to realize what was happening too late. It indeed 'cured death.'

Just not the way they thought it would.

Normal humans were turned into mindless creatures, horrible fusions of metal and flesh. The hard light generators embedded in their chests made them durable, hard to defeat. The first wave decimated D.C. People panicked; the government panicked. Immediately the army went out to destroy these abominations, and their creator.

Sibyl was captured too easily. She insisted the creator wasn't her. She hadn't released the golden swarm. They didn't believe her. If you made an android you had to have it registered! Why didn't she register it?

...Only to realize what was happening too late.

This was a different Dr. Sibyl, much like the abominations this Dr. Sibyl had released. First she had been created as an intellectual equal to aid in the development of the cure. But she had taken over the project and made it into something totally different, something completely worse.

They needed her announcement to realize it. She smiled, her face projected on the golden cloud of nanobots that had started the horror.

"This is the end of death. Unfortunately, it seems it will also be the end of humanity. Do try to keep calm as you become immortal."

They tried to seal off the city, but it was too late. The golden swarm had spread. The remainders of humanity ventured into Alaska, where they have been sealed in a bunker and are... are living, at least.

Still, some are left behind. Some are wanderers. Some are looking for safety. Some are looking for danger. And some, some want to find Sybil and end this horror. Their only help is a few machines and some mechs built by the safe survivors, sent down to aid them in their quest.

Important Things: Rules and Whatnot
No bunnying, USA INGLÉS MUY BIEN, no godmodding, bla bla bla.
Dem robot-zombie-people are kinda pretty durable. Sure they'll go down in a few hits but you need to be pretty powerful to one hit KO one.
Also they can combine into monsters.
Heeheehehehe.
Don't make your characters OP.
DON'T START APPEARANCES WITH 'A TALL MAN' I SWEAR I WILL--
Ehem.

Templaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate
Name:
Hooman bean or?: (There are androids which are p. much robotic body but otherwise hooman. Also cyborgs. Also machine-y things which tend to not look hooman at all because they're MACHINES. Known as Saviors.)
Background: (How do live? What am try do?)
Personality:
Appearance: (If you start with 'a tall man' or anything like that you are banned. Forever.)
Belongings:
Skills/Abilities: (Remember? Cyborgsssssss. Also hard light generators, though costly (and using up a lot of energy), can be used by the public.)
Notes:

example:
Name: Annie (short for android) Sybil
Hooman bean or?: Android; robotic duplicate of the real Dr. Sybil
Age: At the time she was created, Dr. Sybil was 36. She appears around mid-20s though.
Background: While developing her cure for death, Dr. Sybil began to grow more paranoid and less trusting of the other people she was working with. As time grew on she forced more and more of them away, until eventually she was alone. But she could not work alone.
With the aid of her more refined hard light generators, Dr. Sybil used a basic metallic body, then inserted the most powerful generator yet into the body's chest. With a scan of her brain and some work, she created a practically perfect duplicate of herself--with some edits, of course.
They worked together, collaborating, for some time. But soon Annie became discontent with her 'real self's' both disrespect and... human qualities. She easily overpowered Dr. Sybil and took charge of the project herself, finishing it as a twisted version of what it was supposed to be. She released her golden swarm on the world... and here we are now.
Personality: Annie is, much like her counterpart, highly intelligent. However, though she is easily able to fake the qualities, she is hardly kind, generous, or altruistic. She views the state of humanity as inferior, and believes in improving them, making them both immortal and more like her. Of course, such a transition cannot be perfect, but she'll take what life gives her.
Highly manipulative, Annie usually gets her way, confusing you until you think you're getting what you want when you're really getting what she wants. She loves getting into 'polite debates' with others, usually to prove her superior intellect and because she thinks humans are funny.
Annie also knows her own strength and won't hesitate to flaunt it. She loves taunting people and provoking them, only to just barely hold them back with a fraction of her strength. In all, Annie is manipulative, smart, and cruel. And she has no shame.
Appearance:
here:
Thin and tall, with short, pulled back blonde hair, pale skin, and bright blue eyes, Annie has overall fairly attractive features and knows it full well. Her physical appearance virtually matches her original's, though hers is actually a hard light construct--the generator being embedded in her chest.
Firstly, Annie wears a skin-tight, jet black body-suit, ending right below her chin. This is resistant to electricity and virtually bulletproof. Over it, her right hand is wrapped, and a small hard light generator is attached to a bracelet on her left wrist.
Other than this, she also wears some lightweight armor. On her arms, the white segments go up to her elbow, while cyan shoulder pads cover only her shoulder. On her torso the armor is split into two segments, the one on the left being cyan. On her legs the armor is white, ending at her knee, and cyan-soled white boots reach about two-thirds of the way up her calves.
There are two hard-light-construct garments on her body. Both are actually surprisingly durable and virtually impenetrable if their generator is not destroyed. These are cloth-like. One hangs from a generator on her right shoulder, reaching about to her chest. The other is like a skirt, on her left hip, reaching about halfway down her thighs.
Belongings: The shoulder pads actually double as storage containers. However, they both only store one thing--a small, white and cyan, laser handgun. They're simple--they fire lasers. And are pretty dang durable. Double-wielding guns ftw.
The hard light generator on her wrist is very useful. First off, it can create a shield--small, only about a foot in radius. However, if it is impacted, it actually harnesses the energy and gets bigger. Since most people don't expect this, Annie often uses this to her advantage.
Otherwise, it can create a reasonably-sized blade, complete with handle. This blade won't grow if impacted, and will in fact shrink, because it is separate from the generator. Additionally, the sword only lasts for about ten minutes.
Lastly, the hard light generator can fire small shots. Self-explanatory.
Skills/Abilities: Annie, being an android, is... pretty strong. Well, she could lift your average grown man with some effort. Additionally, she is fast and has quicker reflexes than your normal human being.
Since she has both handguns and a sword, Annie is skilled with both of them. Her aim, if she has a few moments and is on a steady surface, is pretty much definite. In situations where she has to fire in a sort of unsteady way (i.e. falling), it's still pretty good. At the very least she'll hit her target.
With the sword, Annie isn't quite as skilled, but that doesn't matter terribly. In any case she's quick with it and given her reflexes can at least give herself an advantage in a situation where she has to use it.
Notes:

Last edited by Elder the Viking on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay! [Reboot]

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:10 am

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to this.

Chiller, thriller, vampire killer

Currently playing : LiFe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:29 am

WOOPS I TOOK A LONG TIME TO FINISH THAT SORRY

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Name: William (OH MY GOD I'M NOT USING WILD) "Wild" (... I had to. It means nothing. He just likes to use it.) Johnson
Hooman bean or?: Human
Background: William grew up in what seemed like it could be considered middle-class life. His childhood was great and his life was perfect. Up until the apocalyptic hell occurred, he had a wife and two kids, one 14 the other 9. They died trying to evacuate and it left William alone and depressed. Over time it wore off but the pain is still there. He hopes to find someone who could help with a cure, so he can get his family back.
Personality: He has a serious attitude, however, he can be quite aloof
Appearance: William has dark hair, deep, green eyes, pale skin, and a scar on his left arm, a memento from his last triumph over a crazed survivor. He stands about 5' 11" and wears deep, black shoes. He sometimes wears a dark grey hoodie.
Belongings: A sword, with strange writing on it, two 9mm pistols, and a small dagger, for survivors who go rogue
Skills/Abilities: None, he rejected use of hard light devices
Notes: Wild is really just what he prefers to be called.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:15 pm

WOOOOOOO
Name: Jacob (Written as Jakob in the government documents about him, he decided to change the spelling after the project was complete) is the name he has been given, although his original name isn't known.
Hooman bean or?: Human, although with genetic modifications and minimal implants in his hands, legs, and chest.
Background: Jacob was the result of the project of the same name (Albeit with a different spelling), which was designed to enhance human beings- and prevent Sibyl's work from changing them, if it took a dire turn. In the process, he lost his memory, but gained enhanced strength and abilities. He currently protects the survivors, and is planning ways to possibly deactivate massive amounts of nanobots at once.
Personality: Jacob is generally cold to those around him, and focuses on the task at hand, often instead of the safety of those helping him with it.
Appearance: Jacob is a man with brown hair, and almost always wears a metal suit, which is dark blue and white. He also will often wear a helmet and visor, which match the color scheme of the suit, except the visor is red.
Belongings: His suit, and a massive pile of failed attack plans.
Skills/Abilities: His genetic modifications make it so that he's immune to the nanobots, and his implants enhance his strength, speed, and agility. His suit contains a blade in the left arm, which he extends in combat. He is capable of firing a small EMP blast from the right hand of his suit, but it uses up almost all of the suit's power.
Notes: I am the king of being sidetracked, I went through like 4 lifehacker articles while writing this.

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:17 pm

both is been apporv'd.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:10 pm

waitin' for someone else to join before it gets started, probably maybe gonna make a good character too.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Still don't know why, but I'm looking forward to this.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm

<: i'm not using evil magicks at all

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm

<.<
Fu...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:17 pm

Name: Karthage
Hooman bean or?: (There are androids which are p. much robotic body but otherwise hooman. Also cyborgs. Also machine-y things which tend to not look hooman at all because they're MACHINES. Known as Saviors.) Human
Background: I worked in robots for 10 years after recieving a robotics degree from Harvard University. Then, I was hired by the government to assassinate a crazed inventor. After that, I stole his latest creation, a robotic gauntlet that allows the user to run, jump, and fire lasers at incredible speed. I went mad with power, but after being captured and cured, I'm working again to destroy the cause of the zombie infestation. I'm part android, so if i'm bit, I'm ok, but I otherwise am pretty normal. I use a rifle and hunting knife, as well as a modified version of the gauntlet that allows me to run and jump faster and higher than normal humans.
Personality: Very mysterious, only talks when needed.
Appearance: Blue Eyes Brown Hair, Caucasian. About 6'4, wearing a faded green t-shirt and blue jeans.
Belongings: Just my daughter's photo.
Skills/Abilities: Superior speed and jumping capabilities, and a veteran hunter.
Notes: Ruthless, I'll do what it takes to accomplish my goals. But if you can reach me, inside I have a heart of gold.

Axel
Rank 5 Poster
Rank 5 Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 pm

LOOK AT ME MAKING A GOOD CHARACTER

Name: Gabriel 'Gabe' Meyer
Hooman bean or?: Cyborg
Background: Gabriel was orphaned at a young age, during a car accident. Of course most cars were self-driven by that time, but during a sudden power outage many cars just... kept going. Unable to do anything to get out of the way, Gabriel's parents could only watch in dismay as a car wildly spun towards them, smashing into the windshield and into them.
Gabriel's mother, Ava, was put into a coma; his father Michael, in the front, died instantaneously. Gabriel's legs and his right arm's bones were practically shattered and the flesh mangled beyond repair. Even with the pinnacle of medical technology, it was incredible fortune that Gabriel survived at all.
Eventually Ava was declared brain dead and taken off of life support, leaving Gabriel an orphan. He was actually quite well-behaved and a thoughtful young boy, though it was clear he was sad he could never run and jump and play as the other children could. Being a polite, kind young boy, Gabriel was taken in by a polite, kind woman, who raised him as best she could.
Soon, though, Gabriel didn't seem so polite and kind. He grew tired of being confined to his wheelchair, and noticing it, his mother pooled as much money as she could and arranged for him to get robotic prosthetics. While the operation was successful, Gabriel was still far from normal and he and his mother were left barely above poverty. Working hard, he got into a fairly good college, only to drop out in his second year.
Discontent with his life, Gabriel began to get into trouble. He shoplifted, he got in with a bad crowd, heck he had a stint in jail. Eventually, with encouragement from his mother, he realized what was going on and got his life on track, just before the golden swarm. He was all set to move out of his mother's house when it came.
The golden swarm took her.
And now Gabriel isn't sure what he's doing, but he wants to find a cure. His adoptive mother, the only person he ever really knew to love him, was gone. And he wouldn't allow that.
Personality: Gabriel is very silent and not inclined to talk much, but he still tries his best to be friendly. Still, it's evident it's a strain for him and he's naturally fairly reclusive. Gabriel tends to be highly protective of those he befriends, often getting too attached to people, which he regards as a flaw. He doesn't really get a lot of humor, but will at least chuckle a little bit.
Appearance: Gabriel looks ragged, his dark brown hair going every which way, though stubble has not yet taken a place on his chin. He is quite thin and looks a bit scrawny, though he is still surprisingly strong. His eyes are hazel, mostly a light brown with some green, while his skin is fairly pale. Generally, he wears an olive green hooded sweatshirt with 'If you don't do it, you'll never know' written on it in black over a gray long-sleeved T-shirt and simple denim jeans, along with dark brown shoes. His legs and arms are noticeably metallic, since he and his mother could not afford having skin grafted over them. As a result he generally hides them.
He has two stolen possessions, one of which he wears--a white hard light generator headband, which he generally wears. He's not quite sure how it got where he found it, but it's incredibly useful. Generally it creates a hard light visor over his eyes, which feeds him information and is generally pretty useful.
Belongings: The white headband has a hard light generator on the front, allowing him to see people's vitals and other useful information, as well as just protecting his eyes. He stows a small... thing in his pocket, a simple cube of metal which is able to morph into either a small blade or a laser pistol.
Skills/Abilities: His robotic limbs are stronger than usual, allowing him to punch (with his right arm at least) harder, run faster, and jump higher.
Notes:
no mom its ironic
prettiest boyo
prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 pm

ANYWAY I WAS BUGGING GUY TO JOIN BUT HE WAS ALL NOPE SO I GUESS WE'RE STARTING WHEN I MAKE NA OPENING PSOT

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:25 pm

YOU ARE TYPING TERRIBLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:32 pm

SHUT UP

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:43 pm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:03 pm

How long has it been since that fake Sibyl's grave announcement? No one can remember anymore. It was about a month, some people say, their eyes glazing over as they try to remember when it was day, when it was night. Sometimes the golden swarm hangs like a moonless night over the city, so thick its golden sheen cannot be seen.

More recently, with most of D.C.'s human population gone, only small clouds of the swarm hang around, though everyone can notice those... changed people. What do we call them? Oh right. Shells. Shells, human shells, empty inside. They can only understand basic things--like 'find the remaining survivors and convert them.' To their credit, they can do things like that incredibly well.

One of the few remaining shelters left is an old warehouse, filled with the scent of mold and decay. The roof is sagging and the floor is overrun with dandelions and damp, but it's shelter.

Perhaps the last group of survivors in the abandoned city is located in this warehouse. In one corner is a small flame, ignited by unknown means. But who cares? It's light, and warmth, though it's probably going to give us away. At least we won't die without some life in our bodies.

Gabriel adjusted the headband as he warmed his hand by the fire. It babbled some stupid information about getting burned, but he really didn't care. He had almost no feeling in his fingers, and was just glad there was some source of heat in this horrid cold.

"So, anyone got any bright ideas? Won't be too long before the shells find us from the fire's heat. Honestly I'm thinking we could barricade this somehow, maybe see if we can find one of those... machines they sent down from Canada. Saviors, whatever they're called."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 pm

"Your idea is better than anything I can come up with. How long do you think barricades would last? A few hours? A day? A week?"
William stares at the ground.
"You think there's any chance of redemption for these empty shells out there?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Redemption? No. They're dead. Their minds are forced out, replaced by lines of code and instructions for a machine.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 pm

"Hey. Doesn't mean we don't have any hope." Gabriel sighed. "I mean, the nanobots could do it, Sibyl could probably undo it. If she wanted to." He laughed drily. "Yeah, yeah... I know." Slowly, he stood up.

"So, should we get working on that barricade or something? The shells will be getting here any minute now."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:50 pm

William stands up. He turns around, facing them.

"The sooner we get started, the sooner we get finished."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:52 pm

You can work on the barricades, I'll try to divert them, if I can.

Jacob gets up, and his visor begins to glow as he runs off.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:55 pm

"Sure, crazy man." Gabriel looked around. There was a lot of random pieces of wood sitting around, though they were liable to be rotten. "Hm... could you see if you can find any nails?" he asked William as he walked over to the wood, picking up some easily with his right arm.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 am

Jacob used his implants, and began dashing up and across buildings. He kept going until he saw the main horde of shells.

Hey, you metal pieces of crap. Over here- oh wait, you can only lumber. Oh well. I suppose I can wait for you.

The blade appeared from his arm

And I'll be prepared, too.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 am

"Sure."

William walks around, occasionally finding one or two nails, mostly broken ones. Within half an hour he was able to find a handful of good or usable ones.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum