Escaping The End

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Escaping The End

Post by Andrew on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Heroes fight villains, and they win. That's how the stories go. That's how they go, because when they fail, there's nobody left to write the tale down.

Right now, the modern world has fallen to an ancient evil. Of course, for anyone to understand what's happened, we need to go back a little bit. The year is 2015, and the world is thriving. Mysterious events have been happening for the past few years, where people have claimed to had magical powers, and demonstrated a small amount of mastery over them. The governments of the world jailed them for what they called "disorderly conduct", as well as "endangering others". They denied that magic was real, and got quite a dose of reality upon a discovery in Britain.

They uncovered him.

Nobody knew who he was, except that upon springing to life, he devoured the souls of those who found them, and drained the remaining energy from their bodies to return himself to full strength. He then went about restoring his empire, raising an unearthly tower from the ground, from which to finish what he had attempted to do eons ago.

Kill the Earth itself

He had with him a magical sphere, which was as black as night, and pulsed with white lightning. He returned it to full strength in a similar fashion to how he restored himself- that is, drain souls and life energy from others. Of course, that attracted attention from something else, something found deep underground with him. It was a golden sword, which held the soul of another being like him.

I am the last member of the Light. The only one left capable of countering the darkness that has been unleashed upon this world.

Upon being brought above ground and making a physical form, the Light, as he came to be known, fought against the darkness. He was prepared, though, and set the empowered sphere to work, draining the life force of the world. The two clashed, and by the time their battle was almost over, it was too late. As the Light pierced through the darkness, the darkness pierced through the Light, and the sphere began to overcharge. In a final burst of light, it drained the souls of both of them, and exploded.

The world's fate was decided.

The governments of the world claimed it was safe. They said all was fine. They said the Light won, and returned to wherever his home was.

A month later, their lies became harder and harder to believe.

Life began to die, not exactly human life, but it was as if plants could no longer grow. Rain would not come, and the skies seemed darker every day. A small group got together, and planned their exodus to the stars. At the same time, very few people began to reveal true control over magic. Not the simple tricks performed by the people a few years ago, but true magic. They resisted containment, and some of them joined the group, to help reach the stars, even if they had to show the government what the inside of Hell looked like.

Template:

Name:
Backstory:
Magical powers, if any:
Personality:
How they plan to escape the planet:
Relationship with the rest of the group:
Notes:

Example:
(This will also be my character)

Name: Arthur Zalkova (I thought up a new last name so that's not reused)
Appearance: Arthur wears a dark red jacket, black pants, and has brown hair, as well as blue eyes.
Backstory: Arthur was someone who used the rise of him to concentrate his magical potential, and learn some spells that could help generate light, assuming that more dark beings showed up. He also decided to learn some darker spells as well, just in case that the Light wasn't who he said he was. Granted, to do all this, he had to run away from home. He's currently 3 states from his family, and while devastated to have to leave them behind, he couldn't find them if he tried.
Magical powers, if any: Arthur currently has extreme control over fire, and is able to summon it around his arm without being burned. Of course, he can also hurl a fireball or two should the need arise for that. As for the dark arts, he's able to temporarily cause madness in a person, although that drains his strength by an incredible amount.
Personality: Arthur is a kind man, often trying to help out the rest of the group. He doesn't have any issues with burning a hole in anyone who stands in the way of his escape, though.
How they plan to escape the planet: According to a few documents he found while raiding a government facility, there's a fleet of ships made for space travel and survival hidden in New Mexico. He currently believes that those ships are the only way to live outside of the planet. After that, he plans to use the ships to transport the group to another habitable planet.
Relationship with the rest of the group: Arthur is the closest thing to a leader in the group, and often is the one who goes out on raids to get information.
Notes: I keep thinking Vincent Valentine with a flaming fist when it comes to looks.

SETTING:
The current setting is June 2015. The group is nearing New Mexico as part of Arthur's plan, although some might have a few doubts and regrets about the trip.

Last edited by Fuse the Viking on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Site Owner

Currently playing : Halo 3
Location : Telling people to watch Eureka Seven. Watch Eureka Seven.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escaping The End

Post by no mom its ironic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Name: 'CC'; He Sa Rang/Charity He (her name might kind of be a pun >.>)
Appearance: Overall, CC is rather Asian in appearance, with long, wild jet black hair that she keeps in a high ponytail, dark brown, almost black eyes with long, thick eyelashes, and skin that's just slightly tanned. A purple streak in her bangs is the only difference of hair color. She's thin and her features are angular; considering herself unattractive, she wears a loose-fitting navy-blue hoodie, almost always having the hood up, though the jacket itself is unzipped. Underneath she wears a short-sleeved grey T-shirt, which is actually kind of long, fashionably ripped and faded skinny jeans, and black Uggs.
Backstory: CC was not born into the happiest of families. Well, she was raised by her single, Korean mother, who loved her dearly. Her father, who she never knew, left after learning her mother was pregnant. As a child CC was quiet, but with a natural rebellious streak. She was often disrespectful and wildly defensive of her mother and herself, frequently getting into fights at school. At the same time she remained a smart, if not a good, student, who somehow managed to keep her grades at an A (okay minus, but it's still a 4 on your GPA).
Upon learning of him, CC was immediately interested. She ran without thinking to find out what was happening—with magic, with everything. In fact she began to attempt to fiddle about with the magic herself, showing a natural aptitude for it. For about a week, she was happy, before the rush of adrenaline left her and she realized she'd left her mother all alone. Wrought with guilt, CC did not seek to return, but only ran farther away. She continued practicing her magic, though she managed to tear herself away from the enticing dark arts and focus on something different—ice. Ice was great. Fun to play with, very effective. Sometimes it was a bit resistant to manipulation, but she didn't care much. In fact she continued with this carefree lifestyle for quite a time. When she realized what was happening, she panicked.
Somewhere in the panic, she managed to group up with Arthur. Though it breaks her heart to know she'll be leaving her mother behind, she has little doubt her mother is already dead, and probably would want her to continue with this hare-brained plan.
Magical powers, if any: When the initial excitement began, CC was primarily interested in the dark arts. In fact, she has quite fine control over shadows, though what she can do is simple. First off, she can cloak herself in shadow for about half a minute, though it is fairly taxing. The more simple thing she can do is subtly make herself a little less noticeable, meaning that if you aren't paying attention your eyes can just slip right over her. Otherwise, CC can manipulate shadows and make them physical if she has contact with them.
Otherwise, CC concentrated on ice. She can summon small amounts of snow within about a foot's radius, and create and manipulate ice. Most commonly she'll make a rough blade or just throw needles at people, since they're rather simple to do. With more concentration she can refine the shape of the ice, but ice is tough to manipulate very specifically (at least for her).
Personality: Naturally, CC is very quiet, though also very easy to anger. She tends to immediately jump to physical violence and is highly defensive of herself and the people close to her.
Still, to her friends, CC can be very kind, if a bit sarcastic and occasionally abrasive on purpose.
How they plan to escape the planet: To be honest CC doesn't have any idea how anything, she's sort of following Arthur's lead.
Relationship with the rest of the group: A normal person in the group—well, sort of the 'protective older sister.' She's highly defensive of them, since they're her close friends.
Notes:

prettiest boyo

Currently playing : pokemon in my heart

View user profile http://ezlybored.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:00 am

Acceptedededed

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:27 am

This would be a great starting point for the new guy in my arsenal.

Name: Altair Asbidi
Appearance: Altair wears a green hoodie, which, for whatever reason, he cut the hood off of. He has light brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He stands at 6' 2" and has a tannish tone to his pale skin.
Backstory:Altair was born into an upper-middle-class family. He had a great childhood despite the fact he never had real friends. He was always alone and it was one of the few things he hated about his childhood. Once he heard news of all this, he locked himself away, practicing magic. He quickly mastered shadow magic, and, like his role model, Chrono, decided to dwell in temporal magic, only getting so far before it got too difficult for him.
Magical powers, if any: He can briefly blend in with the environment, and can slow everything around him for two seconds, however, in that state, his body does not allow him to attack
Personality: Altair is a cheery fellow, allows looking on the bright side. He tends to be overprotective to the few friends he ever gets, to the point he would risk his own life for someone he doesn't even know.
How they plan to escape the planet: He plans to hitch a ride TO THE MOOOOOOON!
Relationship with the rest of the group: He met up with the group a few weeks after he learned of it.
Notes: HE'S NEEEEW TO MY CHARACTER LIIIIST

Chiller, thriller, vampire killer

Currently playing : LiFe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:27 am

ooh look i arted

dangit the outline i did doesn't show because it's the same color as the post background this makes me so angry

well just

http://i.imgur.com/EsxxfHt.png

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 am

It did show. The outline is a tad bit lighter color.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:47 am

I just read through others abilities...

Wow, I feel like I copied some of Elder lol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:50 am

pfft nothing big man

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Accepted @Bloons

And now, green light go go go

~BEGINNING OF THE END~

An RV, carrying the group, crosses the border into New Mexico

So, anyone have anything they want to see before we leave the world behind?

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:11 pm

"Nothing that wasn't destroyed or isn't ridiculously far away," CC said. "I think I've got more to see when we do leave this wreck." She laughed a little. "You?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Well, it's not like anything here is destroyed. The only thing that actually got smashed as some old castle in Britain.

Arthur laughed

I'd like to kinda explore this place a bit, maybe just take a day to check it out before finding wherever the ships are hidden.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:28 pm

"LOOK BRITAIN IS COOL OKAY? IT HAS THE COOL TV SHOWS EVEN IF I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO WATCH SHERLOCK AGAIN." CC coughed. "Anyway yeah, exploring sounds good... are we gonna stop anytime soon?"

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Uhh, there's a motel up ahead. I've got enough money to pay for all of us, at the moment.

Arthur parks the RV

Okay, let's see...

He begins to pull out wads of cash

Not like we'll really need money when we leave, but still, maybe we can save some money, and buy a few things? Just something small.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm

"Pfffffffffffffffffffffff." CC's disdain seemed to last way too long, but eventually, she stopped. "Yeah, sounds good to me. I mean, we're going out into spaaaaace and all."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 am

Heh, yeah. Anyways, I suppose I'll get a few rooms booked.

He glanced at the wads of cash in his hands

Not like money's an issue after you trash a high-security government facility.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:34 am

"Surprised it's not mildly... you know, that inflation hasn't been that big a deal, considering everything that happened."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 am

The government says everything is fine, that the Light saved the day and went back where he came from. While I'm certain that we're not the only people who don't believe it, a good majority of people do.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 am

"I'm sure we're not the only ones who believe that. We may meet more soon." Altair says. He begins fiddling with his extremely limited time ability, never getting any better. Too bad he wasn't born elemental like Chrono.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:28 pm

What matters is that inflation isn't much of an issue, so we're good.

He looks at the money again

So, how much would you guys consider suspicious? I mean, I'm not going to take all of this in there, slam it on the desk, and ask to buy the building.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:11 pm

"Well, I mean... a hundred? Two hundred? I dunno."

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 pm

"Maybe two hundred, yeah."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:54 pm

I supposed I'll take out... one hundred and fifty? That should be enough to get two rooms for a while. Maybe like three to four nights? I'm not sure about the prices around here, really.

He got up, and stuffed some of the extra money in a small cabinet

And there is no way on this planet that we're all going to end up in one room, no matter how suspicious the amount of money looks.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by no mom its ironic on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:07 am

CC snickered. "Obviously we'd scoot the two beds together for me and you two would flip a coin to see who got the chair and who got the floor. Duh." She smiled. "Anyway, let's get going, huh?" She got out of the RV and stepped on to the sidewalk outside.

prettiest boyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 am

Yeah, we'll do that if it comes down to that.

Arthur laughed, and stepped outside.

Site Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Führer Egg Roll on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 am

"I'd take the floor. Not much for sleeping anyway."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content